(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Ann, oh dear. then better go see gynae quick. when hcg level is low, not that good wor..or maybe it's really a false alarm lah. but just go check to have peace of mind, k?

sweetkiss, was it you who wanted to buy b'day supplies stuff? or another mommy perhaps? anyway, in the overseas BP section, the usual organisers have started their sprees. so can place order with them. hee...me kaypoh, go look-see. quite a headache, dunno what to buy

Ann: ya lor better go c gyane cos I read tt if two pregnancy too near there might not be enough time for the uterus to completely heal, so better play safe n get through check. me still bfeeding but no menses yet, so quite worried too cos I won't know if I'm pregnant again or not. Thinking of buying pregnancy test kit but dunno if it's too paranoid ha ha

Need some advic on transporting ebm: I'm gg BKK this end feb, I'm thinking if I shld throw my ebm or otherwise how can I keep n transport it back??

Sorry error, Hee ya now taking jing feng san, but used to take Zhen Zhu fen, I heard it's for phlegm? But I dun think it really works lei.

Ok.. maybe I would make an appt with my gynae then to see what is happening to me.

Ica: I also thinking of buying party supplies.

Ann, I've placed orders with shokel (organiser's nick). She's closing her party sprees this weekend, if you're interested. I'm doing it now coz will be super busy till April...sigh. Now I'm quite free so I better get it out of the way, at least the bulk of it

Ica: Ya lo.. better to do now than to rush.. what have you ordered? Now I also dunno where to hold the party. Hai..

Hi Ladies,

I have friso gold2 (900gram) and Nan HA2 (400gram) to sell or exchange for similac 2. Please pm me if interested. Thanks

Ann, ica: You planning big birthday bash for your bbs? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I have not planned yet, but have been to shops that sell such party stuff to see. Guess the theme will be either Elmo or Winnie the Pooh Bear. LOL. Is it during the first birthday that we let bb choose what they want to be when they grow up?

charliebrown: Ya.. I mean if can buy certain things first then buy first lo.. Haha!! Now I am still looking for venue. I also like Winnie the Pooh theme. I think for their 1st bday, it's wat theme mummy would like it to be and not the baby. Haha!!

Yes, it is the first birthday which you let bb choose what they want to be when grow up. I think item got:

1) calculator

2) scissor

3) ruler

Still got quite abit of item but i forgotten liao. Must ask my mum again. Haha!!

I think I will engage PG for that day too cause I think no one will take photos for us. During bb's full month also like that, in the end, no photos for memory. Hai...

SQ - your BB not travelling to you toBKK? If you want to keep those that you pump + there's no change in hotel during your stay. Check with hotel if they are bar fridge in the room. Upon check out, put your icepack together with those milk in your check in luggage, should be able to withstand 6 hrs of waiting and flight time.

JAc - you missed out my order.

mine is SPICE, if possible i can get from you at pris' place too? No romper for me.

Hahaha ya Ann think last time we did mention abt them choosing items on their 1st birthday yah...

By the way, anyone here tried baby signing courses? Read about it in the magazine and rather interested. Any feedback?

Kepsis: that time when I went to USA in Jan.. i pumped and dumped. it is tooo much a hassle to transport EBM plus you never know its integrity once u're back.

Jac: I choose mine to be posted via normal post. Do let me know the amt to transfer and your bank detail. Thanks.

Ann, charliebrown, no lah, not doing big bday bash. will be doing in KL and my guests are mostly relatives. sort of like giving them a treat since full month we didn't do anything.

ya, winnie or elmo is very cute. especially baby elmo in diapers [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and baby cookie monster, too. and hello kitty as well. ahahaha! but my theme is luau/hawaiian - sudden inspiration last night. hehehe.

and yes, if can get the stuff now, go get. some more the USD is low now. i've mainly ordered balloons, party favours, candles

quartzie, i bought the signing book but haven't got time to read. just flipped thru only. during CNY, i tried on my baby, just one sign only. so i repeatedly said "food/are you hungry?/do you want milk" and putting my hand towards my mouth when i said those food-related words...my baby just looked at me gong-gong. hahaha!

ica: Will you be doing your own deco? I find those plates and cups also very cute but then buffet sure got plates and cups so dunno should waste the money to order or not. Haha!!

hi mummies,

how did u place an order in the overseas spree? Do we need to become advance member before we can order in the overseas spree?

I dont know why I am not able to order.

the message keep coming out:

"Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page".

Ann, ya lor, do own deco. those plates look nice but i think no need lah. no one will keep them, so will be wasted. and not cheap. i'll be using mostly balloons for deco. when party's over, whoever wants them, just take. kids, adults will be delighted. experienced this during my wedding. i was surprised that the adults took most of the balloons home!

but my headache now is to source for helium tank for rental in KL

Ica: same here...my bb's bday gonna be in M'sia too and the guests will be mostly relatives. Doing a bigger one since the full month party in spore was a small one. Feels as if I am planning my wedding again...I was planning my M'sia wedding from Spore last time. All thru emails and calls...haha...but BB birthday easier lar...

Chelz: u gotta be smh member for at least a year then write to the admin to grant u access to post in the overseas spree forum. Otherwise can just pm or email the spree organizers ur orders.

chelz, you can't coz no access given my the moderators yet. i read that they will send you an email, when you've become a member for more than 1 year. i'm still waiting for mine

you can PM the organisers. or if they leave their email addresses, just send emails to them.

vernie, write to the moderators and they'll reply? really? coz some mommies in another thread were saying that the moderators will send an email to grant access when the time comes wor, that we don't bombard the moderators with such requests. hahaha

so you're doing your planning from Spore or have someone in Msia helping you with it?

Ann: Maybe you ask ur mum and let us know the items to be included? haha! Is just for the adults' entertainment only bah.

Ann, ica: I like the cartoon balloons too, but such things are costly. I think for party favours, I will hand made them. But seriously no inspiration now. Wait end up buying! lol

Chelz: I normally PM the organizer and they will help to post it in the forum. I have been waiting for the moderator to grant access for very long liao but still no news.

Ica:During my wedding, my guests took all the flowers home. Haha!! Mine was a garden theme for wedding.

charliebrown: Do we need party favours? Normally guests also don't use one. Just like our wedding favour like that.

ica: I applied to the moderators through this thread: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/3443575.html?1260344606

I applied in Oct 2009 (when I reached my 1 yr anniversary with SMH) and got my access in Dec 2009. Yeah, took them two months to grant the access. I never chased them.

As for bb's birthday, I'll be planning from Spore. The golf club where we will be doing the party has a birthday package that includes buffet, deco (can choose theme that i want), party packs, telematch for kids, etc. So I'm liasing directly with the person in charge. If there's any downpayment to be made, my parents will help to pay first.

Ann: I am also planning to engage an official PG for bb's birthday. Less stress for everyone. If i assign a family member to do it,the poor fella cannot enjoy the party.

vernie: Thanks.. I will go to the thread and post. Which golf club u using? I think I will use my aunt's condo function room. Cheaper. Ya.. that is why I wanna engage a PG. Maybe I find back the PG who did my AD for me. He is very good and his company in Malaysia.

charliebrown, wow! you're going to handmade the party favours? ya, those nice foil balloons are costly, so i'm only getting a few jumbo ones (those on sale and cost max $5) and add in latex balloons to make bouquets. latex balloons are very cheap but hor, helium is expensive. hahaha

Ann, me also preparing party favour bags but only for the kiddos. stuff that they can enjoy

vernie, thanks. will go post my request there. wah! your baby's bday bash all taken care of, only the cake left and the photog. so nice...

Ann: This is the golf club - http://www.cwsgolf.com.my/main.htm, located at north Msia. My dad is a member, that's why having it there. Neutral ground mah, if do at hubby's parents home, then my side feel funny and vice versa. Good thing everything is in RM, so after conversion, not too bad lar...

ica: Yeah, with the birthday package provided by the club, more or less all taken care of. Cake also provided but i'm checking with them how the cake is like. If not nice, i will get my own. Hee!

Ann: Oh we did party favours for the one month shower, so maybe would do the same for the 1 year old bb.

ica: hahah! will be simple party favours if I wanna make. Cos I am no arty farty at all!

Btw, did you all plan for V day? Or let hubby plan? lol!! I have no plans at all.

anyone help? got any seller sell this kind of romper?saw online selling in bulk but i nid one only...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5096490.jpg]

For items to choose during 1 yr old, last time my mom let my chosen from:

1) ruler

2) scissor

3) book

4) calculator n

5) red egg

Haa, I chose calculator n red egg. Hmm... Quite accurate for me :p

Thanks mummies for your replies on the menses! Hmm…it’s seems like it’s really very irregular. I just hope that when my menses come it will not be as painful as before.

Pregnancy test: the first time I tested with the pregnancy kit, I saw only a solid red line and never notice another faint red line and thought that I am not pregnant. I was at the clinic and I still happily tell my GP that “Yah I am not pregnant as I expected”. But my GP correct me that if there’s even a very very faint 2nd red line, it is very very very likely that you are pregnant. If you are not pregnant, there won’t be anything (2nd line) at all.

Jasline: I gave my bb 珍珠粉before. Usually before his jab, we will give him a bit by mixing into his milk.

Cheese: oh I got the exact same romper for my baby. Let him wore it to wedding dinner hee hee. I also got it from vicnval. They got a lot of very nice design. Happy shopping =)

sun_tan: wah it is really super accurate for you! Wonder what did I choose haha.

birthday deco: I have decided to use Pooh as the birthday theme. Will be getting my friend to help me bring deco back from US (partycity.com) and get balloons locally from http://www.kidzpartystore.com/ . At first wanted to buy the balloons from partycity too but it would be very troublesome to bring the balloons to the balloon shop to fill with helium. Renting helium tank is also troublesome and expensive too. Most or less have done up the plan for the birthday. Guest list would be similar to the full month party. Getting 3D cakes and also cupcakes. Only undecided on the venue. I prefer to rent a function room at the sports complex near my house. The rental is only $100 for 4hr. But my hubby prefers to do it at home cos he thinks that our house is spacious (Exec apartment) enough. If really do at home will need to engage part-time cleaner to clean up after the mess haha.

vday: will be celebrating on Sunday instead as on the actual day which is Monday hubby will usually need to OT. My dad will come over to help look after bb while we go out for a nice dinner and probably movie =)

The 1 yr old game seem interesting, must ask my mum whether they played the game on me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

So, what does each item signify? I assume calculator = accountant/auditor/banker? Scissor = hairstylist/tailor? Book = teacher? Ruler = ?

sun_tan,

For items to choose during 1 yr old, wow so many things.. Dunno wat I choose too?? I'm gng to let BB J choose in his 1 yr old birthday.. =P

Irene,

珍珠粉: cos my confinement lady buy for me from Malaysia since Dec but i haven start to let Bb J eat.. Dunno should i or not?? Actually is for wat use? hear is for pleghm ma??

1st yr birthday: I also beginning to slowly plan.. 1st is venue already confirmed liao.. at NSRCC at tanah merah there.. my theme will also be winnie the pooh... now planning on the no. of guest... also need to book buffet, (Neo Garden) Sowly buy for the birthday deco too.. Thanks for the website.. I shall go in & take a look..

I also intend to Rent helium tank... need to ask how much from a friend.. she rent b4 for her gal 1st birthday too..

For Birthday cake, any recommend?? I saw from Fb there is a strictly pastry, the cake very nice.. but the price was so steep.. $300 above for like 40pax... My goodness!! I was thinking of pine garden..

vday: hahaha no plan anyway.. should be gng home..

Suntan: just saw skyler's pic on facebook, my hubby ask me what u feed ur bb? Y so fast he can sit n even stand already! Mine at 25 weeks not very successful with flipping yet.

Eliss: cos I'll b there for 4d 3 n, so I pump all out put in the

fridge den after that put in a bag with the ice pac n bring all back? Those that I pump out on the first day can tahan? N do u put the milk in the luggage to check in?

Jaclyn: pump n dump I heart pain lei, that is my last resort lor.

Jaclyn:

Yeah.. so happy... tomorrow hubby is coming back.. I can also bring Kayden home. Missed him like hell although i put him to sleep every night at my in law place before leaving. It is just different in having him home by my side or in the cot.

Test kit,

Actually thinkg back, my 1st test Kit was the line type. Also very a very faint 2nd red line. That's y I tested again using the clearblue brand which is the word type, ie it straightly tell u pregnant or not pregnant. Think the word type is more accurate.

Kepsis,

Haa I didn't feed him anything special leh. Mixture of bm n fm. Maybe cos he is a bbplus bb? Or maybe just because he is "Mr Itchy Backside". He is very active n hardly can sit dwn quietly for long.

Hi Mummies - Been missing for a long while cos too busy at work.. Hardly have much time to post in forum but have been reading all your posts on & off.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Looking forward to see all of you who will be attending the gathering at Jasmine house this sat..

Some updates on bb B.. Getting buay si diam & very noisy nowadays.. Very hard to cope alone with him.. Recently after cny, he started to "zin lang".. Haiz.. Quite a headache.. Which means that he will cry at times when see strangers.. I hope he don't create a scene this Sat though.. :p

Can anyone send me the link to the BP for the party stuff.. I will also like to order in advance & get 1 thing off the load of my mind.. Hee.. Sounds like Elmo & Pooh at the few popular theme.. I like them both too..

Sun-tan - Yeah, what does the ruler, scissor, book, calculator n red egg signify? Although I don't believe but why not just try for fun & laughter.. Oh, I also agree with Kepsis that Skyer is super advance.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For the 1st year bb bash, looks like engaging a photographer sounds like a good idea.. If we ask our friends or we try to take the photos ourselves, think we will not have time to enjoy the party.. Hee.. I'm also planning to go for studio photography when BB turns 1.. Now, sourcing around.. Any recommendations?

Jasline: yup I read that it helps to clear or prevent phlegm. but personally I won't have fed bb 珍珠粉 if not for my mom's insistence. if you are not comfortable to feed it to bb then don't. you can use the 珍珠粉 on urself, good for complexion =) I will also be booking Neogarden. I'm a loyal fan haha.

birthday cake:

http://cherylshuen.com/blog/blog4.php

http://cupcakedivinity.blogspot.com/2010/02/size-price.html

http://ovencreations.blogspot.com/

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3858959.html?1287215642

http://havenbakery.blogspot.com/

http://www.pgcake.com/

Keer13,

Err... Not very sure wat they means. I saw these items in a photo which my mom took when I was choosing them when I was 1. 1 hand calculator, 1 hand red egg. Damn greedy hor lol...

I think the meaning of the items are as follows:

1) calculator: Accountant

2) Scissor: Tailor

3) Ruler: Teacher

4) Book: Scholar

5) Red Egg: Chef

Back