(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

cheese: Hee hee! Maybe everyone should start rating their bb's food preference, then we can see a trend of which food is popular. Haha! Between our boys, looks like they both like pumpkin but have different takes on apple. =)

vernie,

Tot of buying.. but dunno still have stock or not.. However aft reading Ann post.. I think is true too.. Everywhere have high chair in restaurant... So dunno is a need or not... =P

I will be gng back to malayisa too.. but only half day.. =)

Haha!! I think I would keep the foldable high chair for the second baby in future. Dun think Kayden will use it. Even if high chair not good for Kayden, he still got his pram. Haha!

peanut: i steam the pear for about 5 mins then blend. normally i will steam fruits before blending (except for avocado) so it will be softer.

i gave spinach too, steam, blend and mix in porridge. she didnt really like it.

vernie: thanks! nice pic.. hahaha!!

jasline: i got the foldable high chair but tested once on my girl only. she still cant sit unassisted so i have not officially used it.

Bb E doesnt want to drink milk from her morning to evening feed, so every feed must mix milk with pure/cereal,spoon feed her den she eat! Fussy bb ! so total abt 5-6 times per day eating, izzit ok?

7-8am- 90ml milk only

10am- Puree + milk

12.30pm-Porridge + milk

3pm-Cereal +milk

6-7pm-Porridge + Milk

9-10pm-Puree + Milk

SK: Haha...the photo not taken by me ah...i found the pic online...haha.. =)

Ann: I think Cold Storage might have the squash. They sell a lot of imported vege...

Jasline: Yeah, after reading Ann's post, dun think will buy. Just bring Bumbo back. Me going back one week. Lots of relatives waiting to see bb. Haha!

vernie: I can't seem to find squash at Cold Storage. I am wondering will they be labeled with some other names. Sometime I saw something like squash but then can't be sure.

anyone interested to buy 4tins of 900gram each for:-

SIMILAC STAGE 2 FOLLOW-ON FORMULA ADVANCE EYE Q PLUS W/IMMUNIFY

900 G Quantity:

NTUC selling at $40.45

MFG:22/06/10

Exp:11/06/12

I got one $5discount voucher for it too (first buyer gets it).

Self collection at my house here only(admiralty link) cos 4tins very heavy.. LOL, prefer to sell either 2/4 tins at a go please.

Me can let go at $35 per tin.

PM me

Mummies,

anyone wan this??

Is open & use once before.. thinking to keep is a waste... might as well give to mummies that now feeding bb this.. Cos nw my bb eating nestle white n brown rice..

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5040635.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5040636.jpg]

Jasline: I got nestle cerelac white rice, you want? Open liao but kayden not suitable. Eat liao serious constipation. You want?

In Home section today, 4 month baby died of SID while taking afternoon nap on his tummy... very sad... Am freaking big time cuz mine has been sleeping on tummy (flip him he will cry and @ night he flips up and down...)

Good morning mummies.

I think Kayden's seperation anxiety just got stronger. This morning, we bring him over to my in law house as usual. When my FIL carry him, he looked at grandpa and suddenly burst into tears. I calm him down and he smiled at me. Then me & hubby going out of the door and I waved bye bye to him, and he started crying again. The maid try to calm him but he still cry. While waiting for the lift, I can hear him crying and FIL & maid trying to coax him. He stop for a few seconds and started again. Normally he is ok one.

Recently, I feel tired easily. By lunch, I feel like napping liao. When carrying Kayden in the carrier, I feel my lower back aching. Sometime when I shop, I feel lightheaded. Don't know what's wrong with me. I didn't even do anything tedious. Don't know is it that I am going to fall sick soon. I hope not. It's CNY soon and I have many goodies to eat.

Sito: Hey Sito, Baby E is fast. Kayden also has a walker (a gift during his full month). I don't know whether I should take it out for him to play or not. But he still have not crawl, I don't dare to let him play. Scared he learn to walk and don't crawl.

sito, baby E is really fast! mine is still learning to crawl but not much development

claudia, yeah, i read that too! so scary. why don't you let your baby sleep on his side but with the hand out - this position is ok. my baby likes to sleep on her side and if we turn her onto her back, she'll cry but if she turns herself, it's ok

ann, that phase will pass, don't worry. hmm...tired without any reason? could it be what your hubby is hoping for? (hint! hint!) hehehe. if feels lightheaded, it's due to low blood pressure - drink more water lah

baby skipped crawling: i read that crawling is not exactly a milestone. if baby skips this and goes straight to walking, it's fine, as long as baby is able to use all 4 limbs

ica: Ya, hope that phase will pass. Hear him cry like that like very poor thing. Don't understand why he behave like that. He is with my FIL & the maid most of the time and yet still can have such behaviour.

I also dunno why lightheaded. I drink lots of water liao. 1 day I drink abt 3 litres of water lei. Now that you hinting me, I quickly took my calendar and calculate. My menses suppose to due yesterday but not here yet. Maybe menses coming ba. Haha!!

But if baby crawl is better... he will be better with his eyes and limb coordination. If you go gym class, instructor will advise not to skip crawling stage if possible.

Jonas: I think eventually you learn to sit. Haha!! Old pple always say the longer you crawl, the better it is.

Chelz,

No pro.. How can I pass to u??? =)

Ann,

Thanks for the offer.. Hmmm my house still have 3/4 full... & I bought 1 brown & 1 white rice..everyday change different one.. So I think won't finish so fast lei.. & I planned to start let him eat porridge next wk.. so dinner time than eat ceral lor.. SO i scare take from you also waste.. Might as well see which other mummies want.... =)

Claudia Owyong,

I saw this news also.. while i'm taking MRT to work.. someone was holding & reading & I peep & see.. was telling hubby... so ke lian!.. How old is the BB?? Really sound scary..

Hmmm usually my bb like to sleep on the side too.. in the middle of the night he will turn here & there... like to put his face down on the bed lei, head is out of the pillow.. When i see i will carry & shift him back to sleep side way too..

walker:

Is it save to use?? My hubby dun like the idea of using walker lei.. Said in medical report is not gd for backbone.. ???????

ann, ahahaha! ok, maybe AF, or maybe not ;) hehehe. anyway, take good care. reported in the news today that cough, flu, fever, diarrhea now at epidemic level

Jasline: Ok..maybe I put up in the Free Items Only section.

For walker, it is advise not to use. But the walker which Baby E is using is ok.

Nestle Cerelac White Rice: Mummies, anyone interested? Open tin if you don't mind. Kayden not suitable so giving it away free. PM me if interested. Thanks.

Claudia: The parents sure heartbroken like crazy. That is why I always see Kayden sleep like that, I get worried. Dunno can breathe or not.

ica: Ya.. the flu season is out again. Si bei sian lo. Hope I don't fall sick.

jasline, the baby was 4 months old when it happened in July 2010. very kelian hor? but i read the full article, it says baby can sleep on the side but put the arm in front of baby to prevent baby from turning and face down

walker: i read that it's banned in Canada. if medical report says no good for back, then what about us who grew up using walkers? i also read that baby can sit in walker but not for prolonged periods of time. aiya, to each her own lah

baby's food preference: my mom fed carrot puree to my baby and she liked it. 1st taste, baby gave my mom this look that said "weird taste, never had it before" but lapped up the rest. or maybe my baby is the kind that as long as it's food, she'll just eat. hahaha! so far she has only tasted brown rice cereal, apple and carrot. will let her try avocado next wk and if she likes it, then she's a confirmed makan-holic? coz i see from the babies' food preference list, most don't like avocado

Ann,

i also will worried.. so everytime will see if he is breathing.. lol.. cos he like to put his face down.. than take the beansprout pillow to cover his face.. lol..

ica,

Haiz really ke lian.. sad news!

my bb like avocado too.. =)

maid use to mix with cersel to let him eat now.. =)

The incident of the bb happened in Singapore?

Bb E started crawling at 4 months, sit @ 5 months, now ge kian like to walk.. I think she never missed any growing milestone ba..

scary thing and sad cuz it really can happen to alot of babies... i feel bad cuz i too let mine sleep like that when he can flip easily from back to/for front. Initially i will always flip him back and watch out for his breathin in the middle of the night but as he got more profficient it was harder to keep track...

anyways, food.... mine has joined in on the avocado hate list! haha... everytime eat abit will cry!

Hello mummies!

I am finally a SAHM! haha. My friend advised me to intro bb veg first before fruits as fruits are sweeter, and bb might reject veg if try fruits first. So I bought carrots today, intending to let bb try later.

ica: So far my bb has only tried brown rice. I also bought avocado to let bb try, maybe after carrots.

NAN HA 2:

BBs who are on NAN HA 2, so far ok? My bb keeps farting quite loudly these few days and pooing every day now- sometimes twice a day, after introducing NAN HA 2. Last time he pooed once a day or alternate days. Any bbs behaving same?

Sleeping face down:

My bb sometimes will sleep on his tummy at nite which is very scary too. My Pd has said that once bb is over 6 mths old, is ok for them to sleep on their tummy. But I still feel scared, so I will quickly flip him back.

charlie: My BB is on NAN HA 2. Think farting is normal when feeding NAN . My BB poo on daily basis. accept on JABs days, might skip a day or 2.

My BB dont seldom slp on her tummy these days compared to newborn days.

SAHM = to Full Time House Mechanic?

beannie: hahah!! Yes to FT house mechanic! Frds asked me if I have a maid, I always tell them I am the maid!

Oh dunno leh, my bb's fart is really getting very loud. Haha!

Charlie: ya... that's why i am not willing to do so until my own flat is ready. (Presently staying with in-laws lor)

My BB sometimes fart loud enough for my driving HB to hear. At times what my HB describe is "melody" & "rythem". hahaha !

receive my nestle complimentary goodies bag..

but.. the milk powder is dented one.. just called them to request for another one..

Think the dented one can give my mama do pineapple tarts! better dun eat them cos they are so

fattening! LOL

Any mummies given bb to try Happy Belly Multi Grain?

Bought for bb e to try today coz she currently taking the rabbit brand brown rice constipated until all her poo is 1 drop 1 drop hard hard one

Any reviews?

Charliebrown

Welcome to SAHM club! Errmmm I read that u shouldn't try to start on solids in evening cuz touch wood if anything no doc easily available.. And may interrupt baby's sleep... So best is mornin or noon

Porridge: I would like to ask how do you all cook porridge for your babies?

1) Cook liao and blend to puree form?

2) Do you all soak your rice overnight?

3) When you all cook, you cook just enough for 1 meal or 2 meals?

4) How much rice and water you add together for 1 meal for baby?

5) Add any meat in to make it taste sweeter?

Sorry for asking so much questions. Going to prepare porridge for Kayden this weekend but not sure how to go abt doing it. Especially using the slow cooker. Hai...

SAHM welcome welcome.. enjoy the time spend with our babies.... C: ♥♥

claudia : y cannot feed baby in the evening?? hahah~~ usually, i feed galen in the evening worz... around 4-5pm like tat worz.... C:

Ann.. this is what i usually do..

1) Cook liao and blend to puree form?

Yup, i cook plain porridge and blend.

2) Do you all soak your rice overnight?

No

3) When you all cook, you cook just enough for 1 meal or 2 meals?

1 meal as evening time i usually give fruit puree or none.

4) How much rice and water you add together for 1 meal for baby?

Only grab 1 small handful of rice and about 3 quarter full water in a small pot. (it still is more than enough for a meal but any lesser, a bit bo liao to cook, haha! i eat the leftovers myself..) Actually the amt of water doesnt matter. if too much, u can always pour away. if too little, u can add in when the rice is still cooking.

5) Add any meat in to make it taste sweeter?

As of now, i don't as bb has not tried meat yet. i only add veggie puree to the porridge. but for my mum, she adds 1 dried scallop for the taste.

hope this helps~!

hershey: i read that if bb is allergic to the food, the symptoms might only show at nite if u feed in the evening. by that time may have difficulty getting medical attention... so feed in the morn, if anything happens u still got time to react..

Bb E has 2 small round patch of rashes on her right cheek for a month, any recommendation for rash cream? Something good and organic? Is the brand baby californa good? Where to get it? Thanks

Hi Mummies,

I have a tin of Mamil Gold Stage 2 to let go.

400g at $12.

Giving away a set of quality weaning bowl with spoon free.

Take away all the above with a nice pink paper bag worth $4.

Contact [email protected]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5046639.jpg]

avent steamer & blender

Anyone knows where can we buy besides robinsons and ntuc? Juz returned from robinson... selling for $199 leh.. but bundled with cups and sippy cups.. both pretty useless to me. The person say don't sell as standalone cuz supplier no stock. NTUC bundle @ $170+.

Back