(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

My bb woke up for milk today 4am, after that she eh eh cry until very loud & fierce for almost 30mins.. My hb tried all ways to calm her down but no use until I carried her den stop.

I don't know what happen to my bb coz she's been very cranky this few days and always crying unlike her normal days, any mummy experience too?

Hi Mummies

Any mummy has fed bb pearl powder to remove phlegm? Is it effective? My bb seems like he has a lot of phlegm ( but pd once said is normal). He will have dry cough occasionally. Not sure if it is due to choking on his saliva or itchy throat.

Good Morning Mummies,

For my baby, he almost having cough every months since 2months old. *sigh* Don't know is the virus around or what....

charliebrown

my bb suffers from back drip... i hv it so he has it to... he will cough, gag and will snore in his slp because he can't breath well ...

i had tried many medications but most of them cant be consume for long periods of time

i stopped giving him medication and left it as it is... hopefully, he will grow out of it

CHRISTMAS LUNCH CELEBRATION!!

Gift Exchange - Each family to bring ONE gift for gift exchange to be held at 1530hrs

Date: 12th Dec (Confirmed)

Time: Anytime from 1pm - nite...( Sandy will check-in, in the afternoon)

Location : Aloha Changi Halton Terraces, 565 Halton Rd, Unit D

- Sandy will absorb the cost cause her family will be staying

1. Serene & Hubby

2. Jaclyn

3. Irene & Hubby

4. Jasline & Hubby

5. Lynn

6. Nicole

7. DQ

8. keropi & Hubby

9. quartzie

10. Eliss & hubby

11. Sandy & Hubby

12. Noknok & Hubby

13. Pris

14. vernie & hubby (if timing is lunch/tea)

15. xbeanniex & hubby (coming after 2pm)

16. Michelle (coming after 2pm)

Min 30 pax for order..per pax $8 buckz.. -

actually it will more convenient for Sandy if all who are coming can pay for the buffet

pay Sandy on the day...pls bring along tupperware for tabao

MummyRach: What kind of cough your bb has? Dry or phlegmy?

Jellypurin: have you tried any chinese medication b4? Last time the pd gave my bb a medicine to remove phlegm. But it comes back again.

hi charliebrown,

my bb also coughs occasionally. (maybe 5-10 times a day). Once in a while when he is sleeping too... PD says sometimes it is just them clearing their throat with a cough and sneeze. Unless it is very frequent, then it is a cause for concern.

charliebrown

nope, i did not. bcos my little boy has a back drip issue dun think TCM can help. bsides, i think he is too young for TCM medication. herbal drink ok.

jastine

if u want the happy bellies brown rice cereal, can visit vitakids in united sq or forum

charliebrown,

used to be phelgm. but lately can cough until like choked. We do give him water as I'm not breastfedding. He is on total formula. Scare to heaty.

jellypurin, is it aircon ?

mummyrach, coughing is always one of the symptons watched for my doc. as can be dangerous. a revisit to doc wld be advisable! as u dunno what kind of bugs is out there

Pillow...

Ya lo. coz for adults, cough n flu will come next one by one...later lead to Fever! sigh. My boy only 4.5months old ...already seen doc on coughing for 3 times!

MummyRach: My bb also drinks FM- Nan Ha. Also scared too heaty. But I also give him a bit of water to drink after feeding, which he hates. haha. Which FM you using?

Claudia: Yeah lo, bb nowadays coughing like few times a day. And now drooling a lot, so don't know if it is due to choking of saliva. Been quite busy wiping his mouth, if not his shirt all wet and may get pimply chin. lol.

charliebrown,

He drinks Wyeth S26. Haha. I dont think got bb like drinking water. But still have to force him to drink lo. No choice.

hello mummies,

any of your BBs teething oredi?

am not sure if my boy is showing symptoms of teething but he seems to wake up much earlier than before and also keeps waking up a few times a night.

and he seems to be drooling alot cuz keep sucking/eating his hands & fingers.

are these signs of teething?

Junie -Geri's'dotter teething already. Can see the teeth protrude out already. You checkv with with her but i think she seldom comes to forum now...

Gift Exchange - Each family to bring ONE gift for gift exchange to be held at 1530hrs

Food to drool over:

~ Mango Cheese Cake

~ Chicken Cutlet In Thousand Island

~ Deep Fried Prawn With Oat Cereal

~ Kai Lan With Oyster Sauce

~ Salad You Tiao

~ Pineapple Rice

~ Chicken Nugget

~ Sea Coconut Cocktail

~ Fruit Punch

1. Serene & Hubby

2. Jaclyn

3. Irene & Hubby

4. Jasline & Hubby

5. Lynn

6. Nicole

7. DQ

8. keropi & Hubby

9. quartzie

10. Eliss & hubby

11. Sandy & Hubby

12. Noknok & Hubby

13. Pris

actually it will more convenient for Sandy if all who are coming can pay for the buffet

Hi mommies

Anybody knows whether Organix whole grain baby rice cereal have sugar or sucrose in the ingredients?

My friend had recommended Heinz organic plain rice cereal (which does not have sugar) but the company has stopped production. Any recommendation of brown rice cereal without sugar? Or does anybody get the medical halls to grind the rice to powder?

LT

my gal has been on strike for soo long. also bec she has control of more parts of her body she can wriggle herself out of milk feed v easily nowadays!

by the way, mommies, when do we start dropping feeds? or which feeds should we drop off first or by now? ...

Hi Mummies,

It's been awhile since I last came to the forum. Busy with my project. Can't wait for it to be finish so that I can spend more time with Kayden.

This whole week, because of the project, I had to stay in the Fullerton Hotel for the whole week till next Mon. I missed my little boy so much. Luckily, daddy keep bringing him to look for me at the hotel and bring him back to in-law house when he sleeps. I know it is quite tiring for daddy especially after he work and he is still sick. Quite touched by what he is doing for me.

Last night, I finally got the gut to step on the weighing machine. Had not dare to step onto the weighing machine eversince I give birth. I was so shocked that I lost 25kg. Now I am lesser than my pre-pregnancy weight. But I still have more weight to lose as I was overweight to start with.

happy_bee: Yup.. I was shocked too. I thought I would have just lost 13kg or something like that which is the weight loss for the bb, waterbag & placenta. When I calculate, 25kg was a shock.

For me, I purchase from the SMH Overseas spree section. You can go there to check it out.

Ann, must share with me how you lost so much weight? I only lost 10kgs. Then lately gained back 1kgs+ and I'm still breastfeeding. How's Fullerton Hotel by the way? So nice to stay there for a few nights.

i am still breasfeeding, and 2 - 3 times formula milk per day, per feed is 150ml.. Yesh, nowadays my boy is also on milk strike too.. and easily push alway his milk bottle.. hai~~ >_<|||

Ya, dono which yr, i wanna to book fullerton hotel for few night stay,but back then my hubby no time coz buz with work.. than now, i cannot book le, with baby along, i think i have to wait another 1 or 2 yrs than can ba...

hershey...-fullerton now having some promo i think..u can request for cot if u wana bring bb along [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babycoco: I also don't know how I lose the weight. I thought I never lost much weight cos still got flabby tummy. Thus not confidence in stepping on the weighing scale. But last night decided to do it. Then received the shocking but pleasant news. Haha!!

Fullerton Hotel: So so nia la.. nothing to woah at for me. Room not big, breakfast also ok nia. Bed not nice to sleep on. Can't wait to go back home to my boy.

Hi

Sito...my bb oso hv yellow discharge from his eyes right b4 he start eating.went to see doc immediately.d doc say bb tear duct hvnt fully open yet hence can't clean d dirt away plus he like to rub his eyes with his dirty hand(kp sucking his fist) ended up get inflam.presc antibo eye drop.after 4 days he fully recovered.doc asked me clean bb eyes wif sterile cotton wool wif warm water.n also on n off clean his sucking hands.me oso feed him barley water 15ml twice a day(only 1 day) to satisfy my mil as she kp insist he heaty causing him to hv yellow discharge.

Teething - I realized that my boy is teething only when I bath him. His lower center tooth is slowly showing up.

Exchange gift - will it be easier for us to set a price range for the gift? And the gift is for adult or our baby?

Ann, how you lose so much weight? I can't wear back my original clothes nowadays, ESP bottoms now gotta wear two size bigger. Sianz must share ur secret lei.

Gift Exchange - Each family to bring ONE gift for gift exchange to be held at 1530hrs.

cost of gift should be about SGD 15.00, can be for mummy/baby/family. Serene and Michelle have requested for a wishlist. I do not know if if the wishlist is still in time or feasible cuz the gift exchange is by balloting method??? or other suggestionS? Do share

Food to drool over:

~ Mango Cheese Cake

~ Chicken Cutlet In Thousand Island

~ Deep Fried Prawn With Oat Cereal

~ Kai Lan With Oyster Sauce

~ Salad You Tiao

~ Pineapple Rice

~ Chicken Nugget

~ Sea Coconut Cocktail

~ Fruit Punch

1. Serene & Hubby

2. Jaclyn

3. Irene & Hubby

4. Jasline & Hubby

5. Lynn

6. Nicole

7. DQ

8. keropi & Hubby

9. quartzie

10. Eliss & hubby

11. Sandy & Hubby

12. Noknok & Hubby

13. Pris

Hi mummies..

i will be shipping in clothes from gap n carter's..

if u mummies need anything do drop mi a mail k..i will be placing my orders at the end of the mth(bonus time)

Lasery: I’m interested! I’ll check out and if there’s anything I like, I’ll PM you!

Can teach me how to buy stuff from overseas?

Do u use vpost? Because I wanted to get some stuff for myself, but I am afraid the shipping will cost more than my items so I only dare to join sprees!

Is there a way to estimate the shipping based on the items u buy?

And also the tax, etc.. how to calculate?

haha Sandy - i was looking at carters clothes the other day... almost wanted to place lots of items...

i let you know soon...

sweetkiss

i can share with you.

if you are buying items overseas, remember that you need to always read the shipping t&c from your merchants. sometimes, it is better to ship to SG direct if the shipping cost is not too expensive.

vpost has a base charge. it is better you consolidate your shipments in 1 and ship to SG if not u hv 2 pay multiple base charge cost.

the other 3rd party shipping coy that you can try is CGW (comgateway) or BDL (borderlinx). they don't charge a base charge but they had started charging fuel surcharges lately.

always remember your combine shipping cannot be more than USD200 (no matter what your exchare rate is). this will help eliminate the problem of GST being charged at SG side

when you buy items from GAP for example, sometimes there will be domestic taxes and it is calculated base on your purchase and where u are shipping to in the US. shipping is usually flat rate for domestic. some merchants will offer free shipping to any local address if you purchase $X of merchandise

usually the 3rd party shipping coy will charge base on volumetric weight. i think most of the websites, u can find a calculator to estimate shipping but the catch is, u never know how the item is packed so i cannot estimate the shipping cost accurately.

oh ya...e-mail the things u want to [email protected]

indicate yr name n nick n items u need...

pls send to mi by christmas then i will consolidate everything n place order le..will inform if there's any discount use and also if free shipping is available from shopping site to my delivery suite.

the shipping fee from my delivery suite to singapore will be divided according to pieces bought.

Lasery

U r on gap n carter's mailing list I suppose? If u r then we probably hv e same discount codes. Is u need in anyway, just pm me lah. Will give Ur spree a miss. Btw fir carter's u r using concierge? I think they dun accept intl cc wor

Back