(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

ok noted that - pillow - thanks...

bb fair - eh i'm on leave on 26th leh friday - u girls wanna meet up there?

jac: wow!! G woke up & downed 140ml? tat's a lot!! almost twice of wat he usually take for day feed rite?

u still do midnite pump? super gd!! ive dropped my midnite pump since i started wk. shag sia..

pris: u lemme kno when u mummies r gg... if sat i cant make it..

i'll let H kno tat aunty jac & pris misses him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

eliss: wat time u wanna go?

i needa brg H for PD @ KK in the morning.

then i'll b back home to pump.. can meet in the late aftn or evening.

Hi mummies, just wondering. Do you still breastfeeding your baby when you are sick? Also do you take medication? I had some fever and still gas cough and sore throat. Not sure if I should stop breastfeeding and throw my milk away.

Eliss,

Why not let ur bb wear long pants to sleep at night? that's what I do. My bb sleeps with a/c on and she likes to kick away her blanket. Middle of the nite, one of her feet will be exposed. Ya, think leg warmers will be too tight. My bb wears leg warmers when out.

Bb went for 2nd dose 5-in-1 + rota today. She didn't vomit out the rota - thank goodness if not $120 down the drain. Was contemplating whether to take it during this visit. PD asked if bb's drinking water and if yes, then shouldn't be a prob

Bb is 4mths, 10days today. Weight 7.3kg, length 66.5cm. Seems to take well to her jab this round. She did cry but not too long. Made friends with a Korean bb girl so after the jab, bb was complaining to her new friend about the pain and resulted in new bb friend wanting to cry, too! Very cute. Babies understand one another [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Keamest

I fell sick last month, was taking antibiotics and a few types of medication which was quite strong so stop Bf for that few days..just pump and throw.

But fell sick again these few days.,taking Chinese medicine and I continue to Bf. Chinese sinseh said the medicine I took are from plants herbs extract so it's safe to bf

Thanks Sito. I don't dare to take medication as I'm afraid the medication is bad for him. But I'm also afraid my cough and sore throat virus will affect my baby. So quite perplexed now cos I read conflicting views abt bfing when sick. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] don't even dare to play with my boy now.

kemeast: when i was ill, i continued breastfeeding my child but wore a mask whenever i was around her even while breastfeeding. i read that the BM will have antibodies for whatever it is you're having and is actually good for baby. i did not take any medication though even though i was prescribed mild meds. just endured and drank lotsa water til i got better.

take care.

kemeast,

i continue breastfeeding bb even when i am sick. Let the doc know u are bfing, so he can prescribe safe medicine for u.

sito,

u just started feeding with cereal? Then u can give once a day. Think they are still very young now, dun need to feed twice a day yet.

me! i started to let my boy sit when he is 3mths old. for a while only.. then now his head is stable, i let him sit when im in the kitchen doing things, he need to see ppl then he will not be cranky.

but veri hard to put his leg inside cos its like going to be stuck! and also when u took him out, the whole bumbo chair will still stick to his butt...

I let my girl sit in bumbo seat for up to 5 mins, only and when I'm playing with her. I prefer her to sit in the rocker chair when I'm doing things. Her thighs are stuck inside the chair too when I lift her out of the seat!

I bought bumbo chair frm isetan 79+ yellow last piece from parkway.

Same, leg stuck & he can't sit long. My boy tend to lean forward defeat the purpose where it is suppose to let him learn to sit upright & his head quite stable but lazy to lift up keep looking down.

Ok... I jus bought a 2nd hand de. His head also keep looking down. So diff when I put him sit on my lap. On my lap he will look ard. In bumbo he look down n wanna pushes the tray away.

Putting him in his rocker chair - he like wanna sit up straight. He tries very hard to "get up". So decided to buy a bumbo for him to allow him sitting up. Ended up he don seems to enjoy it. Sigh. Maybe I try to let him sit a few more days n observe if he likes it.

I oso let my girl sit on bumbo after each feed. I let her sit for abt 10 min then let her lie down.

Oh ya my cousin got a bumbo seat to sell, anyone interested? Pm me yar [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pris n DQ,

sigh, R is getting more playful... Last night he got up ard 3am to play in his cot. I couldn't take it n swaddled him. And he could still shift ard in the cot with swaddle on.. Best thing is, the other 2 boys(hub n big R) continued to zzz. I almost wanted to move to another room to get some peaceful sleep!!

Pris,

ur dog is so good! Would be better if he could pat B bk to zzz for you! Haha!

Meet up next fri at the fair? onz!

DQ,

hope H stays this way n u get to zzz. Tiring to be FTWM! Bb must cooperate n give mummy due rest at night. Right now I go to bed each night praying hard tt the next I wake, it would be 7ish 8ish... Will tonight be the night?

Good news is tt R is adApting well to new teat n bottle. At least solve 1 prob for now

Eliss,

meet up meet up! I missed last session coz totally concussed! Me no have work next Thurs n Fri!! Happy!!!

So proud of myself yesterday. First time took bus n train with BB in my ergo carrier [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] actually not tough but now left one BIG prob... How to go loo like tt har?

Hi 5 phy! Hee I brought my girl out by myself today too! Took cab out and take bus back [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

phy: i tink i kno wat's the reason behind H's kickkick in the mid of nite... tink he needa change his slp position... cuz i swaddle him, & he's slpg w the slp positioner... KIAP him tite tite fr 8ish.. mayb he feels sore... cuz aft i changed his slp position when he ngehs, he falls aslp again...

tried his for a few nites already... altho he ngehs, but if i manage to find his 'comfy position' fast.. i can also rest well...

R so full of energy? wake up @ 3 to play? omg... really needa do somethg abt it! if not how to wk the nxt day?

bb fair: i can meet on fri evening. thou i dunno wat to get @ the fair. lol!!

p transport: hee.. i always brg H on p transport when im out w him... cuz i always brg him out in carrier, so it's ez to take p transport. i dun like to take cab cuz my area tough to get 1 during certain timing... then needa std w bb under hot sun, can die!

gg to toilet when out.. if im meeting u mummies for lunch, then i'll topang H w u all b4 gg to loo lor... i make sure i visit the loo @ least once so i wun needa go on my way home on the train. lol~

DQ, maybe you can try to unswaddle H when he is sleeping so that he can find his own comfortable position? S likes to sleep on his sides. Normally after his df, i will place him dwn on his back, but when i check him out during the night, he is always on his sides.

I tried going to the toilet with bb in the carrier at home. Quite ez...just do business as usual..was quite ok but must be careful not to get the dangling straps of the carrier wet ...lol

Anyone keen to take over my bb's HA NAN 1 that is opened and still have half tin left? Doctor advised my bb to take soy powder instead of milk powder so I have NAN to let go...

mommies, i have a quick question..is it OK to pump in the nursing room? planning to take some time myself to go shopping tomorrow, but probably need to pump to keep supply up and to prevent discomfort...thanks!

Allie: Of course! I always pump in nursing rooms or in the car. Just have a shawl to cover if its not the kind of nursing rooms where u can lock urself in [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Btw juz came back from kaki bukit and jus wanna rant that the service @ baby kingdom sucks big time! Almost every of their service staff! Unfortunately bot stuff from them cuz they are a monopoly! Grrrr.....

Hmmm I dun pump anymore but I guess can use shawl to pump?

my pump is the manual kind (the cheaper madela version, the kind like pump bicycle tire kind...push in and out) haha so kinda weird i think if someone walk into nursing room and i am pumping away haha...and so bummed, today saw that robinson has 20% off all medela items...could have saved 10 bucks!!

also, looking for formal pants for my 4 month old boy...(attending sis' wedding)...so far hard to find pants...any idea??

Sito: I just use a shawl... i don really care if ppl see nowadays haha. The most when i see ppl veyr near I will stop the "pumping" motion then when they go.. i resume.

I am oso using medela's manual pump - harmony. My life saver when im ouT !

Allie: Some shopping centres like United Square & Vivo have individual cubicles for breastfeeding in the baby room...so i think u can pump in those cubicles for privacy...

Hi Mummies!!

Regards Sophie The Giraffe

Where you guys buy it n how much is it? I saw for facebook pix few babies had it. Seems is ez for baby to grab or hold it n bite. Safe for them to put inside the mouth rite?

Hi mummies,

any of you install CCTV in your house? If yes, what brand did you use, cost of the camera + installation?

I am planning to install camera to monitor my baby & maid from office.

mummies...

i got a question to ask...how to wash off milk stain arh...i cant seem to get the yellow stain off my gal clothes leh... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back