(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Ann: ic ic....i used to bring my boi to the other clinic...at mrt oso but the lvl 2 that 1

sillyhp: ur hb so nice will help to take care....mine till now #2 liao still duno how to even change diapers for them

huh the vaccination ex... for all types of vaccines leh... because PD quoted me 1380 so I go GP to ask for the same package, how much would he charge me... so its 1080 lor... hubby and I kiasu, whatever vaccines available, we will let keila have it...i think total number of jabs is 8 + 2 oral in 3 visits...

Geri - eastshore got PD?

I have a few PD recommendations from my gynae that located in tampines, bedok and pasir ris... let me know if you want

ecym: u stay within those areas ah ? hahaha my mum stays in tamp area...

let me know tamp areas ones ba... i bringing my bb for her 6 weeks jab to GP at tamp 800+

sillyphy: when I asked the receptionist at my PD's clinic when is his nx jab.. she says when he is 3mths old leh. That is why im surprised why didnt they tell me about the 5in1 or 6in1 jab..

beanie

tampines

Dr Loke Hing Leng

BABY AND CHILD MEDICAL

BLK 828 TAMPINES ST 81 #01-238

TEL 67831955

DR LEE YIP MUI CECILIA

THE PAEDIATRIC AND FAMILY MEDICAL CENTRE

139 TAMPINES ST 11 #01-52

TEL 67838743

sun_tan: I also going to give up latching already... everytime I put baby on me he protests and wails like as if he is soooo suffering!! Last night in the middle of e night he was crying for milk.. then no milk was warmed up for him and he probably couldn't wait for me to pump out.. so I latch him on my left boob and pump my right boob at the same time.. really wish i had more than a pair of hands cos he was struggling like anything and I had to hold him + hold the pump! Aiyo!

Btw, if your hubby is working and can't really help you.. I will suggest you store some milk in the fridge. Then when baby cries for milk, just warm up and serve him. After that you pump and put in the fridge to replace. Do that only for night time.. morning/afternoon u can serve him fresh~ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Geri >> I changed bk to ProNan 1 and BB's poo is normal now le. Thanks for asking [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

RE: Jabs (e.g. 5-in-1 or 6-in-1)

My PD said the difference between this two is that 5-in-1, you have to come down to the clinic twice (for example) while 6-in-1, u can come down only once.

But for 6-in-1, the chances of getting fever is higher.

Eliss: 1080 includes all vaccines ? i tot only 6 in 1. ya there are pd in east shore but cant find recommendations . yes please let me know the ones in bedok and tamp. which one do you go to? thanks

5 in 1 is without hep B..

for the after effects, u can refer to the link i tag last night... quite useful.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jacyln: cuz I'm totally tired & lazy. Pain but I slp like a pig & the night before I emptied it. After 7hr I manage to pump 220ml. Haven't emptied my breast lor..

Wow, now all into injection. When do we need to bring bb go injection? Got to check wcp I remember seeing one accept cda payment not sure 6 in 1 jab available or not. If yes nice, very nearby me.

infor: i think healthway got package (discount) for the jabs n can pay by cda oso....u girls might wana consider.....

ya.. those jabs are so confusing.. But (i think)my hubby say give bb jab 5 in 1.. after tat then give the rota-virus jab.. after then give hep A jab (which have to wait until 2 yrs of age)..

dono ar.. so confusing.. hahaha~~

Hi,

I am also a july mummy, DS is currently close to 4 wks. Wanted to ask, my DS is drinking 100ML EBM every 2hrs even at night...is that alot? I wanted to drag longer to 3 hrs but he will auto cry for milk every 2hrs...not sure if he is drinking too much? His tummy really look very bloated and big...so far didnt really puke milk only abit at times...

Is it true that EMB is not as nutritious as direct latching? I have given up latching since he is 10 days old now he is on total EBM not sure if i should start latching again if direct latch is better for him...i don't have any problem with milk supply from pumping though..

kate == EBM must be handled correctly. cannot heat up, and if u do, make sure it is about room temperature. everytime u heat, some nutrients will be gone..

i always advise mommies to latch as much as they can. ur body needs to know how much ur bb needs, latching is a signal for ur body. so if u plan to bf for a longer time, u still have to latch, if not ur supply will remain at that amt and u might not be able to give ur bb enuff during growth spurts.

my PD always tell me.. if bb wants, give it to them. bbs will know if they are hungry or not. sometimes, they are going thru growth spurts which explains the higher demand. maybe u can increase the feeding amt to 110ml and see if this issue still persist. give urself a limit.. say, 120ml? then if it still persist, u can ask the PD for advice..

bb's body is not proportionate now, tummy will be bigger.. must burp bb after feed and best is every 10 mins during feeding. look out for colicky signs or signs that bb is windy. EBM is easier to digest cause it contains more water, so u need not worry about it. in fact, EBM will help bb to pass motion easily..

Ling: as noknok mentioned, transitional milk is the milk that comes in after colostrum and before body produce matured milk. Matured milk is white in colour while transitional milk is a little yellowish and more dilute. Usually after 10 days the body will start to produce matured milk. My matured milk came in about 13-14 days after birth as my colostrums only start to kick in on the 3rd day after birth. 2wk old bb sleep a lot. When he gets older u will be hoping that he can sleep as much as he used to be =)

Jaclyn: I think my hubby will be very happy if my bb is like ur bb. My boy’s birth weight is also 2.9kg, but now at 25 days. He is only 3.3kg. He lost quite a bit of weight to 2.68kg in the first 2 weeks cos not feeding well and also jaundice. Now then slowly gaining back. How long is ur bb? Mine is 49cm.

Mrslong: Yup my bb drinks a lot! My supply can never catch up with his appetite. Last night he drank a record of 150ml. If latch on, he needs to suck for an hr then satisfied. So tiring man. I think maybe cos his lost quite a bit of weight in the first 2 weeks so now he eating more to gain back the weight. But it’s good la cos he gain about 0.1kg over the last 2 days. Yup it’s normal for bb not to poo for a few days. That time my bb 2 days nvr poo and my PD say it’s ok. Even 5 days nvr poo also ok. Usually BF bb has less of constipation problem than FM bb. Main thing is the stool don’t be too hard. Usually I would give my bb some gripe water if he seems to have problem passing motion.

Sillyphy: I’ve been having milk leaking for I think 2 weeks already but my supply still not high. You can try wearing breast pad or breast shell so that you won’t wet your clothes.

Jasline: for full FM, the poo should be greenish colour.

Ann: It is good that your husband got the heart to want to help take care of bb. Think maybe cos bb not used to ur husband yet so not cooperative. At first when my dad (he comes to my house everyday to help take care of bb) carrys my bb, bb don’t want. But after several times, when bb used to my dad, he now happily let my dad carry. Keep on encouraging ur hubby and it will be better =)

Xbeanniex: my bb usually take 120ml for night feed. Last night somehow he took 150ml and 140ml respectively. For my boy, usually the interval between the first and second night feed is about 2-3hr apart while the interval between the second night feed and before he wakes up in the morning is 4hr apart.

Kate: maybe u can try giving ur DS more, like 120ml instead of 100ml and see if he can last longer. If he never puke I think he should not be drinking too much. It’s common for bb tummy to look bloated.

kate , its true . ebm is not as good as direct of coz. but its good enough! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i don't do total latch and infact decreasing my latch . i pump. reason is becoz i have to travel next mth and i do know of babies that will refuse bottle. so i really don't want to torment my bb nor caregiver if she reject bottle.

similarly like nipple confusion. babies refuse to latch coz of nipple confusion, they too will reject bottle if total just latch .

jaclyn,

yup was thinking of tat too..but thinking must feed him then after tat pump..faint gg to be super tired.

Serene: Will try to increase the qty to see if it can last longer. CL is going away by this week so will be tough especially at night where he demand milk every 2hrs....

I give up latching mainly becos DS had no patient to latch...he cause my nipples to bleed and was so painful that i have no choice but to give up latching....i have done total pumping since he is 10days old and so far supply had been increasing i can pump up to 240ml every 4hrs....one important key is u need to pump very regularly like every 3hrs or 4hrs even throughout the night...the LC in TMC told me that 12 midnight to 6am is the critical period if u dont latch or pump during this timing yr supply will drop....but its definitely super tiring esp at night...once CL goes away imagine need to pump and feed then sterilise the stuff really no need to sleep....

Irene: Good to hear this is normal. Hubby says why tummy so big we really afraid if we have overfed him...but when he cries even if we give pacifier or carry him around also no use...only giving him milk can quiet him down....i guess my EBM really too dilute tats y get hungry very easily

Took this pic to show differences in schedule between 6-in-1, 5-in-1 and new 6-in-1 jabs

Hope it is clear enough

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4356444.jpg]

Pillow: I tried to latch again after my nipple recover but like wat u said the bb nowadays r very smart once he get used to bottle he totally reject my nipple....there was once i tried for almost an hour...stuffing my nipples dunno more than 20 times and he keep pushing it out....and keep biting my nipples in the process...my nipples was bruised again...

I really have phobia on latching, but pple been telling me why keep giving him chilled milk not fresh leh...even my hubby also saying u got supply should latch...but they dunno how tough it is....wat i did is i will try to feed him my freshly pump milk instead....but i got quite alot of supply in fridge so dun want to waste also....if keep giving fresh EBM i scare my fridge supply will expire soon...

Another thing i like to ask for frozen EBM, is it we thaw it in chiller and then just pour out amt we want to feed...the rest we can leave in the chiller for another 2 days?

Mummies, my baby's a colic baby. Last night was the 5th night she has stayed up. She wakes up at one and refuses to sleep all the way to 6 am. Pd says normal but it's taking a toll on me. I dunno what to do and how long this will last. Her eyes r supe huge at night, wants to Ne carried n walk ard. My mum also says normal cos last time I was like that as an infant too. Maybe this is payback time. Sigh. Today hubby took mc cos he 's tired too

kate: if really cant latch on, ignore others as u r the one hurting end up sore nipples not taken care of might lead to other problems...

EBM, store in small amount thaw n chill might not b too gd...

kate: theres no right or wrong answer. Trust me i have done many research on this also. Every website give a different answer!

Whats most impt is that you taste/smell your BM before you feed just to make sure theres no sour smell. For me, if i thaw my frozen breast milk in the fridge, I will leave it there for a maximum of 4 days. If I took it out to heat, i will not put it back. So got to pour out what we need to heat.

fazzy: mayb u try daytime no let bb slp too long? so at nite she can slp? last time my #1 got sometime oso like that then we adjusted his clock slowly so he can slp longer at nite

think my bb is increasing her intake this week... i gave her 4oz... but she will ask to have at least another 1-2oz more... once given to her, she then willing to rest or play...

Yawn

My Bb also tiring me out with his night feeds... he is still waking up 3hourly at night for feeds. End up I can only wake up at 9am instead of 7 plus.. too tired to fully wake up ard 6am when he wakes for feed. I tend to go back to Zzz till 9am.

Hope he drops his 3am feed soon! So that I can zzz from 11 plus till 6am...

Haha, dream on Phy!

Swaddling

U mummies still swaddle ur kids? I go back to swaddling my boy during daytime naps too.. if not he won't nap long in his cot. Either wakes up to fuss when gets startled or only wants to nap in bouncer..

phy: normal ba... hahaha my bb morning feed is ard 6am... i also fall back to slp... hahaha... if bb wants to drink ard 5-ish...then will wake hubby up to feed bb... since he slp straight for 4-5hrs liao... hahahaha

Phy, I only swaddle at night cos we turn on aircon. Daytime too hot to swaddle. But you're right she sleeps a lit better when swaddled.

My bb likes to nap in fisherprice rocker. Is it ok? I read from somewhere that it is not good to sleep in bouncer/rocker for long hours. But how long is consider long hours?

xbeanniex: ya u r right...need to just do wat i can within my ability instead of fulfilling others expectation...after been a mum then i know how strong a women's will power is...imagine the pregnancy discomfort we have to endure for the 10mths then the labor pain process and now taking care of babies and breastfeeding...since bb is born i dun think i ever slept thru for more than 4 hrs since need to religiously pump milk...Women are really "weida"

The CL will swaddle my 4wks old boy at night only...becos daytime too warm....seems like he can sleep more peacefully when he is swaddled otherwise he seems to jump at slight noises...

By the way will you all be shaving your babies for full month? Any reason for shaving? I ask my mum abt it but she is those very open kind said its up to us wor...just wonder is there a need to do that?

kate: regards to shaving ah... up to individual ba... i only trim abit here n there (more like neaten her hair) "yi shi yi shi" only...

olden saying is saying shaven = yuan yuan man man... (head round round n botak)

Kate: u got add me in Facebook?! then should see what I wrote Ystd... I wrote "What's the problem when I Take Care my OWN BABY myself !!! I am First Time Mummy so What !! First Time Mummy = No Experience AH !! Which Human Being say So !! Come Talk to ME !!"

Those mummies whose baby is 5 wks to 6 wks old, how much milk does ur baby drinks in total for a day? My 5 wks plus bb is only drinking abt 540ml a day. Very little!

babycoco,

I stopped swaddling my bb during naps 3 wks back.. but few days ago he starts to fuss quite a bit for day naps so today I gave in and swaddle him.

He sleeps in air con room at night too. only wears sleepsuit and swaddled with a nappy..

so hot today.. sky over my side is getting dark.. going to rain I hope

Me too. didn't shave my boys' hair when they turned 1 mth old..

But now for my #1, I'm his hair dresser coz he cries horribly whenever we take him to hair salon..

cherrymum - mine is 6 weeks, she drinks at least 700ml of BM on a 24 hr period....

shaving - Keila birth hair was shaved off last thurs...mo particular reason, want her hair to be fuller...

cherrymum- my gal is 6 weeks and she drinks 720ml of FM each day and i think its not enough for her now. I still had to give her additional 30ml sometimes

I also shaved my gal's head cos my hubby's family believed that after shaving the hair will grow out fuller and nicer.

cheerymum,

Ya I also think sleeping in rocker not good for their small backs wor... so the fisherprice rocker I have is only for my boy to lie on and play... don't like him to Zzzz in it.

kate -- i dun shave wor.. i jus snipped of a small part...

swaddle -- if raining in the day, i swaddle, if not i only swaddle in the night. or if shes cranky and keep waking up in the day, i will also swaddle her.. if i do so, i will let her wear a cooling top and jus diapers nia..

Back