(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Serene,

Ya J&J not suitable for some newborns coz it's really harsh...

Hey talking abt ex...my #1's skin cost me alot then! Per visit to dermotologist cost few hundreds already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hope ur gal recovers from heat rash soon. Don't keep wiping BB's face after each feed...Doc told me once u wipe with cool boiled water, gotta moisturise to lock the moisture in.

Atomickitten, my maid is with us for abt a mth only, I gotta let her handle my baby to make her learn n get used to it as she will be taking care of her when I go back to work. I guess what I can do now is to monitor closely how she burp the baby. But then again, can't possibly watching her ever min every sec. I shld hv get a confinement nanny too, at least can help me teach the maid.

Jacelyn, u are really lucky to hv a good helper. I'm still training my maid. Hope to get into a good routine for baby soon.

hi mummy can i check with u all, those mummy gg for CS did u all did massage? i scare of pain leh, was wondering can we still do massage?

baby yen -- my PD say jus take the 6 in 1 when bb is 3 mths old. since it can be deducted via CDA acct, then we go to PD there and take lor. if not, we actually considered gg polyclnic

Just came bk from my Wk 39 checkup with the gynae.

BB's still not in engaged position. Not dilated yet and cervix not very soft. Gynae said if want to induce today, not ideal.

So HB & I are waiting till our BB's EDD on 27 Jul (next Tue), if by next Tue not out, then induce on Tue itself for delivery on Wed le.

Asked doc abt the adverse effects on induction. She said side effects are either 1) Foetus distress or 2) Cervix not dilated and failed induction. So either one of the side effects will need E-Csect.

Really worried & hope if induce, it'd be alright & a smooth one.

Gynae also said can do more walkinn & even nipple stimulation to induce labour!

oops my baby is using J&J leh.. but i only put two small pumps into the tub of water b4 we bathe him. So far he seems ok

serene: I havent had time to go open the CDA account for my son yet... how long did the govt take to send the 4k bonus to us?

winnie: I heard massage is only safe after 1 mth for CS mommies.

Hi all,

My boy also have problem sleeping on his cot - he always like to be carry too... everytime when I carry him till he fell asleep..when I put him back on his cot to sleep.. usually he will wake up crying again...

Yesterday just realised is because i always place him on his back to sleep...he lack of security even with the beanspout pillow...that's why always wake up very fast...

I noticed that every time when the CL put him down he can sleep longer....is because she put him on either side... so that he wouldn't jump up awake as he feel more secure... maybe u gals can try this method....hope it helps...

I'm not so stressed over the waiting for bb to come. Except I'd like to work till the last moment to save my leave for bb when she's out. And so far, my colleagues seem to prefer me to go on leave. haiz.

jaclyn -- i jus recd mine today. 3 weeks upon submission. complete the form and jus pass it to the person who does the birth cert lor.. CDA takes 2 weeks to send us the card.

baby yen -- i jus happened to call my PD clnic (Dr Keoy) Novena Children Clinic.. and they say its deductable..

winnie - i had c sect delivery... i just started my postnatal massage yesterday...about three weeks after my surgery... gotten clearance from my gynae...so best person to ask is your gynae....

winnie : I had CS and did my massage abt 2 weeks after although my doc told me that I can only do after 4 weeks. My massage lady is very good tho massage hurts esp on the breast! She showed me that I have milk coz I keep telling her my supply too low. Even after i pumped.. she can still massage and squeeze out a lot of milk.

Ann : think maybe I watched too many videos on youtube on maid abusing babies and children ba! But I really find it hard to trust the maid to handle my newborn leh coz firstly she is very new n inexperienced.Secondly she cant handle simple task when it comes to household chores..Even pouring one cupful of detergent into the washing machine she also cannot do properly, I was thinking how can I trust her to help me make milk or something... so I find it super hard to trust her in handling newborn as they are so fragile lor.

How to remove dried mucus from bb nose? my bb's nose quite clogged with pi sai! i think she has a hard time breathing.. and they are so deep is impossible to dig out with tissue or wet cotton..

Hi mummies... Hope all r doing well.. Congrats to those have pop... Having hard time catching up the post.. So long nv login to my computer at all.. Was feeling tired stress up not feeling well.. Like keep wanna vomit but nth come out from mouth.. So horrible feeling...

Seems like alot mummies r having their bb shower this coming sat n Sunday.. Me too.. Having bb shower this sat.. Really cost a bomb.. I also order from neo garden.. Can't wait to go back home n see my ah Ma n also go out.

Can i ask wat is tummy time??? N gripe water is wat?? So lost.. Although happy that confinement is soon gng to be over.. It also beginning of stressful motherhood too.. Where everything have to be on our own... I'm really so afraid!! But still have to face it n learn...

How I wish I can have a house of mine soon...

CDA: Most GP and PD who got provide jabs will be able to deduct CDA account de...They have the logo in the clinic..did some reseach.. cos punggol no PD ma.. then the Healthway GP at punggol plaza got infant vaccination package.. 3 doses of 6-in-1 is SGD268.. then 2 doses of Rotarix is $168.. inclusive of consultation i think...

Mrs long: me same case as you.. also EDD 27th Jul.. also no news yet.. hahaha... but my doc let me wait till 30th Jul see how.. else is induce liao.. talk to my bb everday and tell him the deadline... hope he will know and come out on his own...hehe...

ann, atomic kitten, i also don't let my maid handle my bb. maid has been with us for over 10years, not that i think she will abuse my bb, but she's so unhygienic! i have 2 dogs at home, and till today i have to remind her to wash her hands after she cleans their pee tray! that's why i don't let her handle my bb. dunno if her hands are clean or not.

jaclyn, you're very lucky that your maid is good with newborn. how i wish my maid is like that too.

Thanks Eliss and Ak.. for your advice! i will ask my gyane for green light..my cs date is fix on next wed..kinda scare...

pondering wan full Ko or 1/2 kO..

recommend 1/2 KO... recovery much much earlier than GA... I can start liquid meals by 10pm even my surgery at 2pm...GA would need to starve whole night...

I feel up to it by 6pm...

coolqoo>> i also talk to my BB to go into engage position 1st then come out on his own, else papa & mama got to induce him liao....hehehe. So it's really down to 5 days to induction if BB still doesn't want to come out by EDD.

Somehow deep down I'm abit upset if need to induce on my EDD, like as if I'm a bad mummy, dun hv patient to wait for BB to come out on his own cuz I really dun think it's good for him to stay inside for more than 5 days after EDD.

winnie, i also recommend 1/2 KO. my c-sect was at 1pm, was already sipping water by 6pm, had dinner at 8pm. apart from the shivering, i didn't have much side effects. plus, it was such a treat for my hb to cut the umbilical cord, and it was nice to have him with me in the operating theatre.

hey mrslong n coolqoo, me in same situation as you guys! My edd is 25 july though. No signs of baby wanting to come out. =P

mrslong - i think it's ok for ur baby to be inside for more than 5 days after EDD. I heard baby can stay inside to up till 42 weeks. Unless your baby is getting big/heavy, then you need to worry, if not I think it's quite safe. My doctor told me sometimes baby don't want to come out cause baby emotionally not ready to come out, so no point forcing him/her to come out. =P i know the wait is killing you, I also can't wait to see my baby!! You can try naturally induce labour?? read from here that walking, squatting, having sex and nipple stimulation helps, no harm trying?

Hi mummies,

I give in to Yaolan, and now my baby can sleep longer. Sometime can sleep for 3 hours before he cries for milk.

I think I might be the laziest mummy here. Apart from using yaolan, I mostly give EBM to my bb rather than direct latch coz I want to know how much is given to him.

Thanks Jaclyn, babycoco n Eliss..

1/2 Ko not scary ar... I hav spine operation before scare I can't take epi then I will nd to go for full GA..

I agree w babycoco 1/2 ko hubby still can cut cord.. If full GA v shiong.. I feel so lousy when am tink I nd to go for Cs..

winnie - not scary ... trust me you cant see anything...

minmin- me too, give EBM at most times than latching... pumping has a definite time but TBF takes time...

skytrain - BB girl currently sleeping with CL with no aircon, think BB will sleep on her own after CL leaves...

Like to know wear long sleeve shirt n pant w towel cover her in aircon can already right cos my cl is leaving tml. My girl seen to know cl leaving she dun wan to sleep today like scare cl leave her. Then cl pat her say she not leaving today then my girl sleep peacefully now

Hi mummies...

congrats to mummies which have popped...i have given birth to a baby girl at TMC on the 15 july induces labour.

Just wanna pour out my woes...bear with me

bb back home with me doing fine...but first few days ive been crying for 2days non-stop cause of the confusion between breastfeed and formula..and because the 1st day baby at home my cl feed bb 70ml which shocked me.i was so worried n my cl n mil say i gt no milk...so depressed!!! i got milk but milk supply haven come in mah,.... then bb cry they feed formula...i very sad...when i breastfeed her in the rm they'll come in my rm(without knocking) n ask : got milk anot? arghzzzz....very sad lei..does any1 knw hw i feel?i really thought of gng back to my mum place(currently im at my hubby place)since the cl can feedformula milk to my bb...im just so depressed...now im feelin much better after my family n husband encouragement.im so worried i got depression..

sorry if my post is long-winded....

To mummies out there haven popped...JIAYOU!!!!

Mommies can view my bb gal at

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=774694686.....

michelle.. dun be sad. remember, u are the mom. u shud be in control of what and how u want ur bb to be taken care of. jia you.

im on TBF, and its really not easy too. i had a lot of pple saying nonsense to me. but im prepared and determined to TBF my bb.. so i tell myself to hear no evil.

i hope u stay strong ok? keep letting bb latch so that ur milk can kick in faster.

Hi mummy,

I have gave birth my baby girl on the 8 July. My water bag burst n immediately rushed to gynae within an hour. Once reached, BB pass motion. N I need an emergency c-s. All happen within 2 hours from water bag burst.

Congrat to mummies who have given birth their child.

Cheers

Michelle: Dont be sad dear. I always say, we mommies go into depression not bcos of anything else but all the unwanted advices/help given to us. I agree with Serene.. you are the mom. Put your foot down as to how you want to take care of your own daughter. As for breastfeeding.. do it behind locked doors so no one can come in.

Im also breastfeeding and I also feel like my boobies are like "public property". Everyone seem to think its OK to "view" me breastfeeding my son. Heng for me its only my own family members that see so I do allow them.. if my husband's side.. definite nono for me.

cheer up and dont get into depression! Thats wat we r here for!!

Hi michelle,

I understand how you feel. I also cried whenever my cl always said " So little" n only this much. I m on my 14th day now, my supply still at 40-80ml total. N I pumped out. My BB now need 90ml milk but I still unable to catch up.

I tried to clear block ducts n flow did increase a bit. I also tried to let BB latch but only when she is crying for milk. If sleepy, I can't. Now my fingers so pain as has to press n massage breast so hard. Sob.

I plan to eat fenugreek? Anyone try this supplement? Is it truth the after consume may hv BO due to the herbal smell.

Really has to focus, milk demand n supply challenge.

Jia you

Hi Michelle,

I know how you feel. My boy was delivered via c-sect. I tried to breastfeed my baby 2 hours after the c-sect. My MIL nagged nonstop & Kept saying "you got no milk why still insist to give him breastmilk. Ask the nurse to give him formula". I felt so drepressed & want to cry. first few days only got colesterum (dont know my spelling is correct or not). My MIL insisted I got to express & throw away the colesterum. She said the first few days milk is very dirty & must be throw away. I ignored her & continue to BF my boy. She nagged nonstop & kept saying I got no milk. Until I discharged from hospital, she would "kay poh" & came into my room without knocking when she knows I will BF my boy. So annoying & depressed. I totally ignored my MIL & told my hubby to ask my MIL to go back to her house bcs I need to rest. my 10 days of stressful & depressed day finally gone. I feel much more relax without my MIL at home nagging & watching me BF. Just ignore your MIL & show her your black face.

winnie :My hubby and I were like you.. undecided abt GA or EPI. Even when we are on the way to hospital..we were still asking each other. Finally decided on GA and I have no regrets. I gave birth to my BB gal on 805am and by 10am ..I'm already nursing my baby. I felt no pain from my wound from then till now. Was on IV drip for 24 hours. By 2nd day..I was walking around le. My first walk to the toilet was breezy and almost unassisted. First pee also no pain at all leh. The only pain for me was b4 the surgery when the nurse had to insert the nozzle into my a## to make me shit! I recover very fast in fact.. by 2nd week I had my massage session le.

mrs long and coolqoo,

my baby also has not given any sign of coming out yet...my edd was on 20 july but til now still no contraction. my gynae is only letting me to keep him for 1 week, if my next mon still no sign, then need to go for induce labour liao

hi Mummies,

my boy born on 1 july @ TMC.. natural w/o epidural... C:

it was really an experience for me to go thru..

actually i tot we could wait until 14 July,

which happen to be his EDD and also my daughter birthday.. C:

but everything was so chaotic..

read thru all mummies stories the unhappines and happines..

really i don understand y we haVE to go thru confinement.. and all these idiot stuffs.. Plus cannot bath, cannot drink plain water, die die muz eat fish everyday, ginger is everywhere in the foods & the drinks.. plus a irritating MIL.. hai~~

totally cannot communicate with my MIL..

let my hubby do the communicating.. Sometimes, he also lazy to communicate..

i dono is the prob lies on me.. or on my MIL..

whatever she told me not to do, she does.. WTH~~

for eg. she told me "not to place the baby often on our bed" SHE did just tat, s often s she could... i dono is my fault or she to blame..

whenever i finish breastfeed, she hurried to carry my boy away.. for wat?? i also dono.. and whenever she did just tat, i will show my black face.. and make the annoy sound.. is obvious to her, that i don like her way of doing.. but she like 1 kind..

if not, my boy tend to fall asleep during breastfeeding time.. MIL will say "don feed anymore, let him sleep.. see he so tired" and i alway will ignore her saying.. and continue to wake my boy up and drink.. At times, she will just snatch my boy away from me, whenver i tries to wakes him up.. saying i make my boy angry.. she will coax him.. WTH~ i don mind she staring at my 2 breast while i breastfeeding.. but she nid to be so noisy??

then, after breastfeeding.. my boy will slowly goes into his lalaland.. my MIL will alway suddenly pop into the room.. and talk so loud.. my boy is stunned, of coz open his eyes big.. and she will say "aiyo, eyes open big big ar.. still have not sleep ar.. (i carry lorz..) or (cannot carry lahz, muz go slp)" hai~~

i let her have her "beauty slp" she don appreciate, keep wanna to interfer my route with my boy.. Don understand her.. then she nv get to slp well.. she will complain to my hubby, here pain there pain, headache lahz.. giddy lahz.. I already sacrifice my "beauty slp" to look after my boy.. wat more she wans.. i really don understand.. Sometimes, i just really want to scream at her, ask her to scram off.. and do her own things.. or go to take a nap..

plus she very inpatience.. Once she finishing cooking my dishes.. she alway rushing me to eat.. sometimes, i was slping, she would wake me up, just to eat.. hai~~ at times, i just ignore and continue to slp.. where got appetite to eat, when you are awake by someone.. hai~~

some nights, i just cry to sleep..

plus my daughter is not staying with me.. coz my mummy say i nid plenty of rest, so my daughter cannot come over to accompany me during my confinement.. hai~~ angry, sad, depress...

But i guess, i just need to endure for another 1 week plus, i will end my confinement, and leave this horrible place.. and back to my own room sweet room.. C: and have my owm parents and siblings and pet dog to accompany me..

Back