(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

lasery,

can use the glass bottles to keep baby puree too next time. when they start at 4mths..

my fridge now is in a huge mess, too much food.

once CL leaves, will clear up and allocate a portion for the milk.

yenz: tt really depends wor..coz after a VE check, there will be slight bleeding n hence causing more contractions..tt's y gyane say will lead to early labour..

if u think u are ready for delivery can go ahead with the VE check. if not then gotta wait for induce or waterbag ownself break le.

Yenz,

I had my first VE on the 8th.. Then when I went back to gynae to get induced on 9th, found out dilation kicked in after VE so in the end only needed the drip on 10th to speed things up.

Realised my boy got a temper.. I cannot scold him.. Yesterday got hard time latching him. He would just open his mouth wide and expect milk to just flow into his throat!!! My mistake coz used a syringe to feed some fm to him the night b4.. Ended up both of us super frustrated. Imagine him wailing at top of lungs and refusing to close his mouth to latch!!! Super sensitive too.. If my tone is abit firm, he would pout then unlatch and wail... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

redBB: The more you pump/latch the more your brain will trigger for you to have more milk. I think it works like this. For first few days i have been pumping every 2 hours .. now i have quite abit of milk supply already. Now I latch baby on for as long as he can (he usually get pekcek after awhile and unlatch himself...), then I pump the rest to empty my breasts.

You can store your milk in the fridge for 2-3 days and just warm it up by either running it in tap water, or how u would warm up chicken essence (do not use hot boiling water as that kills nutrients in the milk). Alternatively you can store in the freezer for several months depending on how cold your freezer is.

pris: Pris how are you and Brandon? Take so long to come in and say hi! Yaa first few days really just pump sleep feed pump sleep feed haha. JIayou!!

Milk supply: I really recommend to drink papaya soup with fish. It help me with my milk supply. I also took fenugreek in my 1st week but my massage lady told me to stop taking all these supplements else I will suffer frm serious engorgement.

Lasery & Phy,

Thanks for the advise [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I have planned to bring my 1st boy for meeting up his playdate's friend, that's y so unprepared...but now feeling quite regret, sometimes feeling tummy getting tighter not sure if the contraction has started

sillyhp lol.. so funny! be patient. maybe u try to compress a bit of milk into his mouth, then he might close his mouth and feel the nipple and start suckle?

Serene,

i did that also... He like suffers from memory loss after each feed. Some feeds he remembers to latch some he just opens his mouth with my nipple in it and kick up a fuss but just won't close his little mouth. Today so far so good, only fought with me once...

Dunno if I should introduce bottle. Scared he forgets how to latch again. My #1 was so easy then. Anything goes for him. Latch on or bottle feed or use different teat even change FM also ok. This little tiger...hmm, gotta use soft approach.

re: milkbags

i'm using lansinoh too, tried first few years and medela and found lansinoh best value for money. to save space i store them lying down. remember to try to get as much air out of the bag as possible before freezing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shann, my itchy tummy skin is better now. I just apply lots of oil diligently and it is better. But I don't have a solution for my swollen feet. Nothing that I do seems to work!

Fau and Pillow,

I am also having trouble with my first boy being clingy and trying to get our attention ever since didi is borned. Now I had confinement nanny at home, so when I attend to korkor, I will get CL to attend to didi or vice verse.

Ladies,

Does anyone have problem with baby crying constantly at night? When he cannot sleep, he’ll always be looking for food. Sometimes after feeding, 1 hour later, he cries and when we feed him, he stop crying. However, when we looked at his feeding time interval, sometimes it’s 1.5 hr interval at 90ml BM. Is this normal? Can someone share if you have this experience?

Fau and Pillow,

I am also having trouble with my first boy being clingy and trying to get our attention ever since didi is borned. Now I had confinement nanny at home, so when I attend to korkor, I will get CL to attend to didi or vice verse.

Ladies,

Does anyone have problem with baby crying constantly at night? When he cannot sleep, he’ll always be looking for food. Sometimes after feeding, 1 hour later, he cries and when we feed him, he stop crying. However, when we looked at his feeding time interval, sometimes it’s 1.5 hr interval at 90ml BM. Is this normal? Can someone share if you have this experience?

Red BB,

I also cannot tahan without bathing or washing hair. My CL will prepare a basin of ginger water twice a day for me to wipe body. I wash my hair and bath weekly, also with ginger water. After washed hair, quickly blow it very dry before coming out of the room.

peace,

my baby has the same prob as well. 1 hr after feeding and she wants to drink again as she can't sleep. i'm thinking shall i give her pacifer instead or not.

peace, how does your CL prepare the ginger water? my mom will boil herbs for me to wash hair, but i can't stand the herbs. after wash, don't feel very clean leh.

Hi everyone,

Yesterday my mom just told me that when we bring baby home from hospital, cannot let baby wear new clothes, must let baby wear old clothes (i.e. worn by other baby before). Have anyone of you heard of this or practice this before? In a dilemma now cos hubby actually prefer to let baby wear new clothes to come home.

hi irene,

i let my baby wear the clothes provided by hospital (TMC) to come home. never heard b4 must wear old clothes leh...

irene

isit bcos of the pantang that if bb wear old clothes, he will be more guai? actually it does not matter...my bb ger wore new clothes home and turned out to be fine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i have been breaking many confinement rules. sleeping in aircon room everyday and blowing fan during daytime. it has been 1 week plus since giving birth, i feel like bathing and washing hair with normal heater water now!

Sigh, my breasts are always engorged and painful.. i can pump about 80ml every 3 hrs.. now i have to pump for 10mins every 2 hrs so i can relieve my breasts. but very tiring esp at nite have to sterilize and pump.. is there any solution? by the way it's already 1 week and my breasts still very sore when bb latch one for first few suckles...

cheerymum: i dun care already, i just bathe with normal heater water and wash my hair once every 2 days. my aircon is on for almost 24/7..

by the way confinement is 30 or 28 days?? my mum says 28 days but we have to refrain from taking cold drinks and stuff for up to 40 days! i cant wait to drink my first cold canned drink!

Shann Yheng: LOL! i dun think so leh.. cos from what i know nt supposed to take cold drinks or even cold fruits during confinement..

sweetkiss, my CL only doing for 28 days. but just nice she'll be here until 30 days after I delivered, because she only came after I was discharged. so maybe confinement is 30 days?

my mom heard from somewhere that wearing old clothes when coming home baby will grow better or something like that. but me & my hubby have never heard of it. think will probably follow what sun_tan suggest, wear new clothes and then at home then change to old clothes hee.

last day of work today! going to rot at home while waiting to pop =)

wonder what horoscope baby will be...cancer? leo?

i actually miss a baby feed today! my bb was fussy and i was SUPPPEERRR tired.. i doze off while feeding her and nodding my head all over.. (machiam sleeping in MRT)..

then i put her down, she jus fuss and fuss.. so i carried her and sleep on the bed with me.. and she slept... OMG.. but later, when i woke her up for the following feed, she suddenly remember how hungry she was and suckle for almost an hour!

but i guess, its ok la.. i have to catch up with her feeds later! lol

Babycoco,

My CL cut the ginger into small pieces, and then boiled with ginger fragrance, then let the boiling ginger water cool to a reasonable temperature then only you can use that water to bathe. It is similar to the use of Da Feng Cao, which must also be boiled to a boiling point, then cool to a temperature to bath. So ginger and da feng cao are interchangeable substitute, suppose to have same objective. For my previous confinement 2 years ago, I used da feng cao, but find it still sticky after bath. This time try ginger, I personally prefer ginger water.

Jellypurin,

My bb cry also same time every night or rather wee morning. How to treat colic? We had already given gripe water as well as applied ru yi you.

Cheerymum,

Mine is 3 weeks old, and only taking 90ml,er, he doesn’t stick to 3 hourly feed, sometimes 2.5 hrs or even 1.5 hrs and he will be asking for milk. Not sure how to regulate his timing.

peace

colic will be outgrown by bb... there is no known "will work" treatment so hv to give bb sometime to grow his/her guts... mine cried for a few months due to colic so... hang in there.

Sweetkiss, I got drink cold hl milk leh but I got pour out first for 2 to 3 mins before I drink.

Peace, my #1 got colic that time and PD prescribed colic med but no use. It will go away by 3 mths old. But quite stress loh to hear baby crying nonstop.

my baby is having colic too - her face gets all flushed and she cries afterwhich she will spit out milk.

i hadn't thought that gripe water would be necessary but i'm getting husband to buy cos i really want her to sleep well. a gfren of mine told me that her colic bb sleeps better after given gripe water. my fingers are crossed. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

cheerysue

there are also other methods to combat colic - i.e. rocking baby, holding baby up on shoulder and so on... so no one way is THE way to managed colic. most imptly, must realise that colic is a physical problem on the bb and they will grow out of it but will take time so mommies, b patient [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sigh, bb was discharged not having jaundice but today, 5 days old, his level of jaundice is very high, 17.8. So upon doc's advice, just warded him... Good news is tt he is back to birth weight after some weight loss.

Still heartache to see him being baked... But as long as his jaundice go away, no choice bah

cheerysue, u can get ridwind or colic drops from the pharmacy (off the shelves).. my #1 is a colic baby, very very very tiring to handle and we tried so many things. but really just gotta wait for them to grow out of it. in the meantime just make things as comfortable for them as possible.

cheerysue, u can get ridwind or other colic drops from the pharmacy (off the shelves).. my #1 is a colic baby, very very very tiring to handle and we tried so many things. but really just gotta wait for them to grow out of it. in the meantime just make things as comfortable for them as possible.

Back