(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Hi Hi

Now I am in my 7 week..

went to scan last fri at my 6 week, doc measure my placenta 2.66cm ... can see my bb heartbeat..

like star blinking... hehehe

can i know how ur gyane measure???

Esimate EDD is abt 31 jul 2010.

Hi all,

I've been MIA for awhile too. I visited my gynae just last Saturday and my little one is already 4.04cm at 10 weeks 3 days. Could see the shape of his/her head and body and he/she seemed to know that I was looking and he/she started to wave his/her little legs and arms and bouncing his/her body away. It was such a special feeling - an undescribable joy to see my baby actually moving inside me. All of you who are in your early weeks will experience this soon and then you know what I mean.

Btw, did any of you experience weight loss instead of weight gain. This happened to me but fortunately my baby is at a good 11 weeks size even though I am only in my 10th week. But I can't help worrying beacause everyone else seems to be gaining weight.

springleaf

think its okie. it's 1st tri... by 2nd tri u must put on some weight i guess...

re: table

sorry, can i trouble someone to help me update the table? my edd is 27 jul

Ann.. I'm glad that's not you... hee... she look more sick then preggy.. Guess I missed you totally then.. cos my Hubby was playing w my phone and turn it to airplane mode.. they took a long time locating my hubby's number.. haha

Dr Fong din wan me to fly as well.. but I bo bian hv to fly.. cos it's my own wedding banquet in HK.. We got wedded in sept in sg.. HK one yet to be done cos my relatives are mostly in hk...

Phy.. I'm puking non stop now too.. sigh... hungry yet dun dare to eat.. I dunno if other triumph having promo too.. maybe someone can check it out cos I think there's very few metro around only..

I bought the eco friendly one and T-shirt bra.. the sales show me the maternity one.. which I dun like it at all.. there's a seam cutting horizontally across the breast..

Springleaf - I guess it's ok for 1st trimester ba.. cos I heard quite a number of mtb losing like 4-6 kg in their 1st trimester. If worry can ask Gynae.. I am still taking multivit jus before I sleep now.. just in case bb not enough nutrients.. at least sleep liao very seldom will puke out.

Hey Noknok.

Then better be careful and dun be so stress. Wedding can be quite a stressful thing too.

Now going HK also cold right? Better not catch the flu.. drink lots of water and take vitamin C.

I was thinking of going to metro at causeway point woodland. But after last Friday event, hubby dun let me out so often. I am going crazy.

Ann - thought u need e jab right... jus go after the jab at paragon lah.. heee.. tat one u need to go out.. no need excuse.

Ok lah.. this time round hk one is a very small n cosy event.. shouldn't be stressful... mum say... everything simple.. I'm going to do my own make up even loh.. sigh.. Tea ceremony for the old folks in e restaurant as well..

I'm already having sore throat now.. hopfully can get a few days MC this week.. feel so tired..

Ya... Saturday going to take jab.. Tuesday got to go GP to take cause Dr Fong going overseas and clinic closed.

Maybe Saturday then go like you say.

Drink more water. Now flu bugs going around. I also everyday take vitamin C.

Springleaf, actually i am of the opposite as you. I think i have already put on about 1 - 2kg. I have frens who has quite bad morning sickeness who lost weight in the 1st trimester but BB still very healthy and somemore for their whole pregnancy, they only put on about 10-11 kg and maanged to loose the weight after birth quite quickly..so envy..but i think for my case, it wont be so easy for me to loose weight, cos i am by default those fat type, every easily put on weight one..

Now me at 8 wks, can alr feel my pants getting very tight..anyone facing same problem as me? I tot tummy would only show after 12 weeks, but mine is like budging out alr...

Sun_tan, 1-2 kg at your gestation week is not alot. I thought I would be like that too and initially I even planned to do some exercises like walking and swimming in order not to gain so much weight. In fact I'm happy for you cos it's a good sign that mummy and baby are doing well, whereas my hb has been constantly nagging at me to eat more.

Hey sun_tan.

Me like you too... i think my tummy also budging out like that. So now I will buy new dresses.. easier to wear.

Hi Inuovi gal.

I am drinking redoxen one. My gynae asked me to drink that.

hi ladies, i caught the flubug too. GP prescribed me piriton for my runny nose. he said is ok for pregnant ladies and it's very mild, which is also prescribed for infants. actually didn't want to see Dr but felt so uncomfortable and miserable. on MC now.

my tummy is also growing even though i'm only abt 8 wks. not sure if it's fat (!) or due to bloating... nowadays wearing very loose dresses.

hi ladies, i caught the flubug too. GP prescribed me piriton for my runny nose. he said is ok for pregnant ladies and it's very mild, which is also prescribed for infants. actually didn't want to see Dr but felt so uncomfortable and miserable. on MC now.

my tummy is also growing even though i'm only abt 8 wks. not sure if it's fat (!) or due to bloating... nowadays wearing very loose dresses.

My tummy also bulging a bit liao.. I was hoping that it'll 'grow' faster and I'll put on some weight so my grandma won't nag at me... but think impossible with me constantly puking away now.. sigh..

Anyone feeling the same way as me?? hungry but dun feel like eating.. yet can feel the gastric juice in the stomach.. eat finish feels satisfied for a while and then run to the toilet.. the feeling sucks..

Hi i am pregnant for 8 weeks .. EDD will be 26 JULY 2010. I had miscarriage on early august 2009. Glad to be back here .... Appreciate to add to the list ...

Hey Noknok.. I feel the same way as you too.. eat also cannot.. dun eat also cannot cause will get the acid reflux.. can feel the burning sensation in the throat.

But I think I am luckier cos i dun really puke but just feel very nauseous.

We have to just eat for the sake of BB lo. Even my grandma also nagging at me must eat.. eat little or eat alot also must eat.

Noknok, Ann, I'm no better than you both. Get hungry very fast and the hunger pangs are unbearable. Feel nauseous when the stomach is empty but cannot eat alot and after I eat, I'll feel nauseous again. Just this morning I vomitted out the water I drank when I got out of bed and I always have to try my best not to throw up the meals and supplements I've taken.

Hi all,

My 1st & 2nd bb no puking or nauseous(big eater), only block nose till delivery of them.(Both Boys are now 8 & 5yrs respectively)

Now the 3rd one (8week) is really giving me nauseous 24hr..Bloated tummy and pimples all over... I look soooo ugly ...

So different from the previous bb i had .... I wonder if it is a gerl these time ..

Siti: I same as u. Pimples all over my face! So sad sometimes. But for the sake of BB, no choice!

Anyway, just to check with those experience mummies. The MS will auto go off just suddenly? Because my MS has stopped and I started to get abit worry. Wonder if BB is growing well..

Jo_Lyn, I guess so... I had a day (sad to say it's only ONE day.. sigh) when I feel totally fine last week.. not nauseous nothing... eat a lot on that day too.. but the next day I'm back to hugging e toilet bowl again.. So I guess it can come and go ba.

hi ann,

thanks for sharing.. okie so the redoxen is those tab tat dissolve in water one hor?

i got one tube of tat fr GP bt dare nt take...

So jus to ask ard lor..

Hi Inuovi_gal.

Yup.. it's those tablet that u dissovle in water.

Hey Ladies.

Where do u all recommend to go find maternity clothings? I think I will surely have to wear that during CNY.

Ann,

I just went to one at Suntect called New Mum or New Mummy (cant remember). The tops there are quite pretty and modern (quite a few nice tube tops too). They are having disc at 10% for the 1st pc and 20% for the 2nd piece. Not bad. Can try there.

hi mommies

just wanted to share with you that the gimmil sale is here again. u can buy cheap bb clothes at this warehse sale. details below:

The much awaited Carter warehse sale is back! Jus received email from them!

17-19 Dec 2009

9am to 8pm

43 Tampines St 92

Up to 90% off

Prices $3-12 Cash only!

hi MTBs - busy day... only managed to get online now.

Jo-lyn - i guess you must be very worried about not having MS. Have you been spotting? If I will you, I would go to my Gynae to check to have a peace of mind. But since you are goining for your follow-up Gynae appt tomorrow. Just hang in there for a few hours. Take care.

Ecym: So far my spotting reduce and i shld say it had stopped. So i just pray hard that its because I am entering 2nd trim soon n everything is fine.

Will update tmr after my scan!!

Hey Jo_Lyn.

Don't worry.. at least spotting had stopped for you. But for me, it's still happening.. on and off.. like today.. i have been spotting fresh blood. Scary. But the check on Saturday showed no blood inside the womb so gynae say it's due to the lower area which is normally cause by exertion.

I think I am stressing myself out today cause my hubby is flying off tomorrow and returning on thursday.. quite scared cause if anything happen, i dun think i can keep calm and handle.

Ann: Think u same case as me. I also experience fresh blood that time. Usually is after scanning. Then doc say may be due to our soft tissue on the cervic. Try to lie down more and rest well.

Dont stress yourself up too. Jia you!

Hi Jo_Lyn.

Ya.. i am trying to rest well. But dunno why still keep spotting. So quite worried. Without hubby ard, i tend to be more scared.. cos i freaked out easily.

Thanks for trying to calm me down.. actually i had never feel so insecure before. Pregnancy really change me. Haha!

Do you find your taste bud very bland? I feel all the food i took very bland.. like no taste. Must eat strong tasting food like curry. Hai... Now eating food also not enjoying much anymore.

Hi Sun_Tan.

Thanks.. i will try to go take a look when i feel much better. Now with spotting, hubby dun really let me go out much now.

Nasty Employer.. Worked with them for almost 2 years ..When i had my miscarriage on August, my lady boss came to me and told me to resigned, office cannot have pregnant woman working.. Now i got pregnant again .. If she knew it , i will be dead !! M.O.M state only after 3 months pregnancy our employer have to pay us 4 months maternity benefits if they terminate us .. It seemed 1st term pregnant mummies are not covered well by the law... Worst still executive level are not covered under Employment Act ... Weep Weep Weep

SAME HERE!! oh dear acne is popping out.. so sad.. anyone knows if there's any medication we can use? or we just bare with it?

Also, it's ok to put on make up right? is there any cosmetic product we should be aware of?

Dear Ms Shann

I used Sebamed face & body washed. For the pimples scar i used cocoa butter. This can minimize the pimple party ... Hehehhehehhe

But no matter what the pimples sure out. it is the Hormone ...

skincare:

i avoid retinol products. aha and bha are arguable. other than that, the general dept stores cosmetcis and skincare stuff should be fine.

clothes;

petite mums, we can all go for the usual tops at least till 3rd trimester since these days , the tops are all so L size [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] or baby doll tops. i find it's much nicer.... just gotta get nice comfy maternity pants from Spring will do.

i also just bought bella bands, to make my bottoms "last" longer. coz from first pregnancy, realise my hips/bottoms don't really expand that much till much later. regretted not buying these during my first. hence second round, smarter, i just need the bella band to hold up the waist will do. It's great during the months where too small to fit maternity pants, yet too tight to fit into your usual pants.

http://www.ingridandisabel.com/bellaband.html

ingrid & isabel bella bands are sold are Maternity exchange for a whopping $55 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but there are good buys buying from ebay online which gives a much better deals. so vain mummies can explore that ;) have fun like me

Ann, sorry, double checked the label, its Perfect Mum, not new mum.

My face still quite ok, not too oily, but my scalp has becoming more and more oily nowadays. Argh...

Hi yoyoblue,

Not to worry, should your employer request you to resign you may seek MOM assistance. Normally MOM will assist, you may wish to drop MOM an email to enquire 1st.

Morning ladies

Yesterday went for my scan, saw little one wriggling about... Didn't feel as excited as for #1. But still feel happy seeing him/her.

Check with gynae about 1 egg a day. She is it is for short term so it's fine. Once MS subsides, just eat healthily.

Maternity clothes

I just bought 2 tights from Spring. Very comfy and can last a while.

Bras

Ya, triumph at Metro paragon is running a promotion of buy 3 get 1 free. However, I bought from Sorella, buy 2 get 1 free. No underwire. Very comfy too!

Dear Shirley

Spoke and even email to M.O.M, they said any pregnancy less than 3 months, employer have the right to terminate me. They do not have to pay the 4 months maternity leaved benefits. These are the CDAC rules.

For employment act , which i am not covered as i am under executive it state mummies can go M.O.M even they are less than 3 month pregnant to fight for the case if the company terminate her.

For now i better keep quite. Wait till my boss asked me again if i had found jobs or not than i wil tell her my medical report only out on 08 January 2010. By than i am 12 weeks pregnant.

Hi Sun Tan

The scalp oily is also problem. I also wash my hair 3 times a day. Morning , Lunch time and nite..

I use shampoo with are less harsh contain Lime, bought in Malaysia.

Maternity Clothes - Scarlet have good ones & cheap too. I bought in Johor Bahru JUSCO shopping centre. since i am big size lady , i find it hard to get clothes in Singapore for plus size maternity clothes.

Scarlet sells maternity bra and panties too. Good buy if we are those on thight budget...

morning all...

For maternity wear and baby wear, do you think its cheaper to buy in Msia or order online?

Hi yoyoblue,

Ya.. i think that will be the best way too... till now i have not inform my company about my pregnancy too... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi ECYM

Sometimes depend on quality and price. But Malaysia is cheaper. Now Singapore Sales so dont missed the chance to browse around for good deals ..

For my case i am super size .. Since Scarlet can offer me good price and good quality , i prefer to shop in Malaysia.

Ann: Ya my taste bud also will very bland. I tends to drink apple juice, eat more fruits because they are sweet. If i drink plain water i feel like puking. Currently my appetite is better n no more MS liao. As for the spotting i guess it will reduce n eventually stop when u approaching ur 2nd trim. Hw many weeks r u now?

Back