(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

pillow/ann

i was encouraged by my SIL who's a RN in the States. she mentioned to me that she kind of regret banking privately for her firstborn in SG bcos she cant do anything to it, not even bring it back to States if she need to move back. there are some restrictions and stuff and she already stopped banking with the private cord bank...her 2nd bb, she bank publicly and was v happy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: exercise

is anyone signing up for any other form of exercises other than yoga? am thinking of fitball and aquarobics at KKH. anyone knows details?

ecym, i think there are 2 kats around so there was a bit of confusion. maybe for convenience, you can tag my name as bopeep. my gynae is still Dr Ben Tham at KKH, EDD 28 Jul 09 and child #1.

wanted to update on my spotting. it has stopped for a week, and apparently, during the last scan, we saw another sac, which Dr Tham said could be a twin pregnancy but it's an empty sac, so maybe that was why the body was trying to expel it out, resulting in my spotting. in any case, just to play safe, Dr Tham gave me an injection last week and i went for another one yesterday. next appt is next thursday. Hopefully baby is growing well!

re gender of baby, when i had my 1st one, i had cravings for sweet stuff and i was not ugly MTB that time LOL in the end i have a boy! I know of the gender by 12 wks as boy can easily be scanned if he is in the right position.

This time round I am craving for salty spicy and sourish stuff. Not sure what I will get for a baby this time but most importantly is healthy baby!

i didnt know can tell from oscar test. I do know there is a test call CVS at 9-10wk and aminocentrisis test at 16-17wks. That can accurately tell u your baby's gender but those tests can cause you to miscarry if u are not careful.

Was in yahoo web site and happen to see this real live incident happening in china...

Needles found in girl's brain

Doctors in southwestern China have removed a needle from the brain of an 11-year-old girl, believed inserted after birth in an attempted murder by relatives who had wanted a boy, a report said Thursday.

Rusted needle shards were detected by doctors in August after fruitless attempts by the girl's mother over the years to find the cause of an apparent mental disability, the Sichuan Online news website reported.

The girl, identified as "Ping Ping", did not begin walking or talking until she was six, currently has the intelligence level of a three-year-old, and has suffered for years from unexplained fevers, it said.

The child's mother, Yang Xiaohui, said she suspected that relatives had tried to kill the child shortly after birth.

Under China's "one child" family planning policy, the traditional cultural and economic preference for boys remains strong, especially in the vast and poor countryside.

In 2007, doctors in southwestern Yunnan province discovered 26 needles embedded in the body of a 29-year-old woman, state media said at the time.

They were believed to have been inserted not long after she was born by grandparents upset she was not a boy, the reports said. Doctors operated on the woman to remove the needles.

cant explain y they can do tat to a baby...

I always believed that if its meant to be, its meant to be. Its all fated. Imagine with needles in brain and in body but they still managed to survive..thats very amazing.

Luckily, my in laws and mum are fine with the gender of the baby. They only hope that baby is healthy.

Same for me too. But Hubby would prefer boy if possible although I have a gut feeling that if it is a girl, hubby would be more attached to her. haha!!

Hi Ann, i need is those Midstreams types.. I using those stripes type now.. cant detect for +ve ovulation results.. Hope to c +ve this two days.. if not, maybe i wont be ovulating this cycle. I short of 2 pcs..

Sorry.. I am not sure what are midstream test kits... is clearblue ovulation test kit considered as midstream test kit?? It doesn't state there so I am not sure.

Hi, I haven't been here for a while. I realised some of you have been asking about me.

I just did my D&C yesterday. At 6th week, no heart beat was detected, At 7th week, still nothing, 8th week nothing and I went to seek a 2nd opinion. Was diagnosed as "missed abortion" Did my D&C at 9th week (yesterday). Realised from here that Picotin, Cin Cin and Megane also have similar misfortunes as me.

But I'm fine now, feeling much better than when i was pregnant, eating much more and having a good appetite. Currently enjoying confinement food by Natal Essentials [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I will not give up, intend to see TCM for 6 months being trying again!

For those of you here, especially my good friend Ann, all the best to all of you and may you have cute and healthy little tigers/tigress! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi littlemay, got to know your loss from another thread. must take care ya and recover well... and of cos try again... take care

Hey ladies, just wanted to share with you that Maternity Exchange at Marina Square is having this fantastic party wear promotion. Perfect if you need something nice to wear for the christmas and the new year celebrations.

15% off purchase or a la carte rental of new party wear collection just in......from Mothers En Vogue, Ripe, Seraphine and more. Now till 31 Dec!

MX Facebook and LC members are entitled to discounts off special styles. Join us now to enjoy this privilege<link>

You can view some of the styles on their facebook page! Happy Shopping!

Hey Littlemay.

Was so worried about you. You take care of yourself well. Relax and soon your body will be ready and stronger for pregnancy again. Miss you badly.

hi all, want to check something with you if you have experienced b4.

Today i had a very bad appetite, only one proper meal till now. I felt my belly today is very bloated and "firm", not flabby kind. Wonder if this is normal because I only feel it today.

In my 9 weeks now.

Ya i alway experience bloated !!!

Even i eat a little bit i can feel very bloated, there is one time i dont even wan to move... juz sit down and lie my back on the wall...

i'm bloated all the time! sometimes to the extent that i even get a stitch at my side! prior to pregnancy i already had indigestion problem, and now this has just aggravated it. i can only take small meals, else i would feel really miserable. it helps if i don't wear tight clothing around my middle as well.

hi ecym, i felt that too. I should be 8weeks now (gynae can't confirm EDD when I saw him last week coz baby is too small)and baby barely 1cm but my tummy feels big & bloated most of the time.

Had a friend with the same prob too.

I don't really feel bloated.. but i always feel nauseous. Today even worse.. nauseous with acid reflux. Cannot stand it.

hi Kat,

I had stitch for an hr last week end too and was worried coz I dun used to have that for 1st pregnancy.

think it's best we take less but more meals instead.

re: bloating

to share, for myslf, i start off normal in the morning & then as the day progresses my tummy start ballooning outwards. by evening after dinner just abt bed, it feels quite rounded. i wonder if its wind or water retention but shld not be the latter right? bec i tot water retention only affects us later in pregnancy? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

on appetite

i dont have appetite for proper food i shld prob be eating BUT i have appetite for more e non essential foods. so far i have put on 1kg alrdy thereabout! and baby only abt 1cm odd! & its early days yet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi ecym...am having the same feeling now too. No longer as hungry as the earlier stages. Sometimes feel like skipping lunch coz tummy feels so bloated.

hael

recommended in 12-15 but some celeb moms put on only like 8kg thru out the pregnancy. this is common if u r v small in size...

Re: bloated

I also felt bloated recently esp after dinner even thou I only eat a few mouthful. Last night also, I feel myself like 4 - 5 mths pregnant from the size of my tummy! scary..

mornin every1,i juz recover frm food poisoning,nearly had a drip,but lucky a jab stops my vomit ,bt gt diarrhoea stil.2dae is better. Stil nt much appetite,poor bb,hope bb is ök..seen 2 doc n bb fine..waiting 4 23 to c dr ang..stomach stìl e same..nt much diff.

hael

not really lah... there is also post pregnancy aftercare, ur breasfeeding regime and exercise. i din los all the weight i gain and i fear gaining more with #2, so i am going to start exercising once doc gives green light to make sure that i dun get too heavy...

I also feel very bloated... and nauseous too.. everytime I go to toilet and puke.. mostly air and gastric juice come out...

Doc gave me a bottle of medicine for that.. but it's liquid form.. dunno how will it taste.. I'll try it when I am in office.. Dun really like taking medicine.

Hee.. baby is 1.1cm now.. last time was 3mm..

Suntan / eycm, can help me update the table.. I'm seeing Dr Fong Yang and EDD is 29 July. thanks thanks.

Ann, were u there with ur husband??

Hi Noknok.

Ya.. i was there with hubby. Was a little late then I didn't see you. I went for lunch and when I came back, I was usher to the room to rest cause I was bleeding the night before.

Call up Dr Fong at about 1am.. felt so paiseh.. he ask me to go 24 hr clinic to get my progesterone injection. When i reach the 24hr clinic, the stupid GP refused to give me injection and ask me go hospital. So called Dr Fong again and he ask me go A&E at Mt A and ask the nurse at Mt A to call him so that he can give the instruction for them to give me the injection.

Yesterday was all good. I am 8 wks 1 day now. BB grew from 7mm to 1.8cm. Heartbeat was good too. Dr Fong say no bleeding inside at all.. so must be outside near the cervix area. He say this is due to exertion. I was naughty on Friday too.. Hubby went chiong.. I cannot take it that the floor is filled with pee from my dogs so I decided to mop the floor. Dr Fong say.. now u know what you cannot do.

He also gave me letter and the progesterone liquid for injection purpose in case of such emergency again.

But just glad that BB is growing well.

My next appt is on 2nd Jan.. need to walk in too.. appt all full.. sian. They ask me to walk in at 9am.

So how was your scan?

Hi gals, suddenly all my MS are gone. And I start to get worried. Now I am in my 10th week already. Is it normal?

Hope everything is fine...

Hey Jo_Lyn.

Don't worry so much. Sometime the MS is so mild you just don't detect it.

When is your next scan?? If u worry, then maybe see if can push forward your appt?

Ann: My scan will be on coming Tues. So I just wait awhile then I can go scan already. Just hope that the MS is disappearing for good! Bb is growing well.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks Suntan.

Ann.. I think I saw you... you're quite skinny right? u went inside first then hubby came in later? if tat's you, must rest well.. you look very very pale yesterday.

My scan was good.. can see the heart beat and heard it too. My next appointment is on the 24th cos I need to fly on the 25th.. Dr dun wan me to fly.. sigh..

Jo_Lyn.. how I wish my MS disappears too.. you know you're not sick but yet feel so sick.. worse is still hv to work..

I bought new bras without underwire.. Triump in Metro having promotion, buy 3 get 1 free, for Mtb who wanna change their bras can go take a look.. My friend who had 3 kids warn me against wearing bra with underwire.. say will cause engorgement in e future.. for me, the underwire is hurting me.. so I quickly went to buy.. the sales says some mtb also buy one size bigger. Since buy 3 get 1 free.. I took the opportunity to buy different sizes too.

Hi Noknok.

No la.. that's not me. I quite big size one. Hehe!! Hubby went in with me. The room I went in is the room nearest to the nurse counter.

I also wish I can fly too. But I know Dr Fong sure dun allow.

Oh.. got promotion.. must go see see... I need to get new bra.. nipples real sensitive and painful.. plus bra getting abit tight liao.

hi mummies,

sorry to disturb, i have a tin of Anmum Materna for pregnant woman, chocolate flavour (900g) and 3 free sachets to let go. Interested pls PM me. Thanks!

Haven't posted for a while. Caught the flubug and double with ms, horrible! Puke all day long. Phelgm is causing me to puke too! Anyway, recovering.

Going for check up tomorrow morning. Hope little one is well though mum is sick.

Noknok, I also need to buy new bras, getting too tight! Thanks for sharing where to get. Hope I got energy to go metro to buy some tomorrow.

Back