(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Ann: Great that you’ve booked your HK trip! Enjoy the great food & shopping! I am looking forward to my Taiwan trip in Jan hee hee.

Keropi: When my boy is home, he tend to laugh and talk a lot. But when he is outside, he is very guai guai. Hence it gave me the confidence to bring him out more often. And talking about birthday…I am already researching on birthday party for Nathan haha. Cos I think once I start working, won’t have much time, so do what I can first while still on ML.

bbbliss,

hair dropping is normal cos we dropped less when we were pregnant, so now we are compensating for it. But it sure looks scary. I am starting to see it too. I think it will peak ard 4 mths.

Hi Mummies!

Wow the pics are so nice!! Think this is the time the bbs learn to clasp their hands tog like praying and gong xi fa cai. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Irene

Your boy has the tendency to turn his head to his right? Did you try to turn his head while he is sleeping? My bb likes to turn to his right side v often..

Hair loss:

I am dropping hair too, same as bb. My hair will drop on him. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

quartzie -

Dun be paranoid! Anyways i think spending quality time with bb and stimulating bb is probably more important than BM when it comes to 'making bb smarter'!

Mrs Long -

re bean pillow, my baby too... his bean pillow was over his face. NOwadays i put on his stomach and not over chest. But even then he likes to grab and pull it up to his mouth to suck..

julie -

Are you still opening up slots for baby yoga? I am keen... but can you do weekdays? I stretch in front of baby and he will always track my hands movement so thot he might like doing yoga with me

Is anyone interested in getting the flower tessellation playmat (T-004)? I just bought it yesterday and not yet open. I have T-001 and planning to get another same one so that my gal can have a bigger play area. Interested parties please sms me at 9181-4282.

Mummies who had bought the tessellation mat, for one set, is it big? Or very small kind? I scared if too small then will baby start flip, he might hit the floor.

Sweetkiss: Emailed you.

Carol: Your girl in which part of Malaysia now? But you go home to visit every weekend?

Irene: Ya lo.. go eat and eat and shop for Kayden's stuff.. doubt I will buy anything for myself. Hehe!!

Oh.. going Taiwan is nice too.. me planning to bring Kayden there next yr end in November. He will be 1yr plus then. Will start to run around liao. haha!!

Hair loss: My boy is 4mths now.. i think loss of hair never peak but still alot compared to when I am preggy. Hehe!!

Just did a count on the mat picture, I think need 2 sets then got so big piece lei. If buy one set.. seems very small.

babycoco: Maybe my mum ba. Like now when hubby is not in Singapore, she help me look after them cause my older "girl" will bark more when hubby not around.. will disturb bb. I heard HK also alot of doggy things.. maybe will buy something for them too. Hehe!! But if go with bb, then of cos cannot shop so much. Hehe!!

ann: my fur kids damn funny. Elder one is a boy, think he got angry with bb 1 night for kicking him in his face when he smell bb's little feet, he pee at bb's mattress when no one is seeing. hahaha my mum was so angry when she was keeping the mattress away (my mum touch the wet wet area) hahaha!

my younger gal is enjoy smelling bb's little hand and head so much that she tends to kiss (lick bb) bb so much that we got to watch out for bb incase bb got overly kisses from my fur gal.

Furkids and babies:

Hi mummies with furkids. what do you intend to do to the furkids when bb start to learn to crawl on the floor? To lock the dogs or just put them in a separate area? Cos now my dog can roam the whole house, so wondering what to do to him when my bb starts to crawl. my dog sheds quite alot of fur, even if seperate the dog at another area, there will be fur on the floor.

Irene: same here... do some research when i have free time... for his 1st B'day.. haha kiasu mummy

Travelling: - so good... dun think i can go for holiday this year... no more leave [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

wah! just opened this thread and see baby pics. all are sooo cute [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lasery

my baby, too. the cradle cap made her front top part of her head bald but can see tiny new hair growing. hope she won't be so bald come xmas.

i remember sometime ago we were saying what kind of olive oil to use, whether those for cooking is ok? guess what? my mom got fed up with the one i bought (not meant for cooking), so she used olive oil meant for cooking! and the improvement is so much better. when i read the ingredient on the bottle, it seems olive cooking oil is purer

hair loss

really? 4 mths peak? aiyo...i'm already dropping lots of hair oredi. every time i wash, hair just keep coming out

tesellation playmats

Ann, it says approx. 2m x 1m. you see the pic where the girl is on the mat? that's using 2 sets. i'm still thinking whether to get just 1 or 2...

toy rental

thanks to mummies who highlighted this. run this idea by hubby. initially he said buy better, then sell it later. but i countered, saying e.g. 1 exersaucer costs say $250. if i were to rent at $50/month, my baby gets to play with 5 diff toys every month. better right? my mom also agrees

baby clasping hands together

this is one of the development milestones. baby should be able to bring their hands together. another one is when you lift baby up by pulling their hands, most babies' heads will fall back. but some may be able to hold their head up. i tried - my baby's head fell back. but only did it once and for a short while. just try only. my mom and hubby were quick to say "eh eh eh! don't!" hahaha

travelling

eeeee, so nice, Kayden may be able to travel oredi. think my baby's 1st "overseas" trip will around xmas - going back to KL but it's "overstraits" instead. hahaha!

Ann: ya, my parents stay in Johore, about 2 hours drive if no jam, so go bek every friday nite..

hair loss: i heard ppl said cannot do rebonding too soon after delivered, else ll cause hair drop..is it true?

charlie: my elder boy sheds too. I intend to get the de shedding comb to brush out most of his loose fur, so can reduce most of his shedding.

Else shave short short for 3-4 mths then see if need to shave again lor, i dont feel good not letting my elder walk ard whole house as thats what he did for his past 10 yrs ...

Toy Rental: I personally think that the advantage for toy renting is -

1) can save space

2) child can be introduce to different toys

however it may not be a good solution for all kinds of toy.. cos some toys - may be play for a few mths if u rent - can sum up to quite alot of $$ (maybe can even buy a breand new one).. I think buying a gd condition 2nd hand one is a much better choice.. cos that's no restriction in time + u may consider selling off to another party at a cheaper rate in future..

frankly speaking cos bb have short memory...so even if u buy a toy.. u can let them play for awhile till they lose interest...then keep it for maybe a week or two..then give them again.. they will still play it...

For mummies who intend to have more than one child... can actually buy it & save it for the next one.. haha

charliebrown : I also have one furry.. he is shetland sheepdog.. and shed alot alot alot alot alot of fur.. every now & then, we can find chunks of fur on the floor.. NO choice, sometime we pick up by hand, sometime we just vacuum..

My furry is very jealousy.. He see my family members hugging my gal or my boy.. he will come running in full speed toward u.. lol~ and stuck inbetween ur 2 legs de.. and also follow u every where u go with the bb in ur hand.. lol~~

Than whenever i put my boy in his bouncer, my furry confirm will be right beside my boy.. and he will use his body to rock my boy bouncer.. >_<|||

And even my boy in the cot.. my furry confirm will be "guarding" under my boy cot.. lol~~ hai~~ buay tahan my furry..

ica

supposed to use the cooking one i think. the extra virgin olive oil. I am using the bertoli brand or something like that... head smell like salad after that! haha..

Although cradle cap is supposed to be harmless and will disappear when baby hits 6 months...

Toy Rental

anyone have contacts of good toy rental place?

I think its a good idea for those expensive big items... Use the same amt of money to expose them to more toys!

But some toys better to buy for hygiene purposes)

Tesellation Mat

Am thinking of getting them also... and I think 1 set confirm too small leh... Anyways the lady selling it did say the picture with the gal is 2 sets.

Btw... is the BP still open for orders?

xbeanniex: same here...dun feel good to lock my furgal up just for my bb to crawl...if really do so, think she will get very upset & jealous... haha i can feel that she already quite jealous now liao...even when we let her sleep in the same room with us plus didn't change anything to her lifestyle except got to shave her fur short.. cos last time all focus on her alone... now all of us (including my parents, brother) all will stay more time playing with bb

Ann, yes yes, I've bought a few things for my fur kids from Hong Kong. Usually buy from City Super. But the best place to buy pet stuff is still Japan. They have really amazing selection.

Hershey, your fur kid is so cute. Can help you babysit. Mine will get very distressed when she hear bb cry. So need to soothe bb & fur kid at the same time, haha.

keropi: i started to trim my furkids fur shorter then shorter over months ... else my furkids gets very upset over their new look one... haiz...

This year June 2010. Now is like puppy cut.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4668628.jpg]

beannie,

wow! your furkid so well groomed! so glossy...how much is maintenance a month?

claudia,

ya lor, should have used the cooking oil right from the start. i used the ones meant for removing makeup, for body - milder than cooking oil. now that you mentioned it, ya lor, my baby's head smells really good. yummy..haha!

tessellation BP is still on-going. that guy also has a blog

ica: i use 1 All system or Pure Paws shampoo for my 2 dogs. each btl of shampoo or conditional cost like $25-$28 aft discount. Can use very long. brush n clean daily lor. but now my maltese's gal face KNS liao lar... she keep tearing day n night, now red face liao.

xbeanniex: My younger "girl" also like to kiss my baby's head, cheecks and hands. Same like you, will always watch over when both of them are together. She is the baby's babysitter when we are busy.

charliebrown: If your dog shed alot of fur, maybe should seperate them ba. Or else cut them short lo.. like my girls, i cut their fur short short (they dun shed in the first place) and also cooling for them. Then also must vaccum alot too lo.

ica: I decided to buy 2 set. Bigger.. baby flip also would fall onto the floor.

For big items toy, i prefer to rent.. than to buy and kids get sick of toys very fast one.. so big toys might not be worth buying. Then buy new one can sell later.. what if cannot sell out, then have to keep putting it into the store and dun dare to buy new one cos no place to store.

Haha.. I just worried that Kayden not use to the temp there nia cos cold ma.. so if bringing him then mus keep him warm lo which means buying new clothing for him again.

babycoco: Japan has lots of nice stuff for fur kid but the size hoh.. either too small or too big.. don't think they keep alot of bigger size dogs like that. Haha!!

Oh.. City Super ah.. ok.. I go chheck it out... but if bringing bb hoh.. cannot shop too much or else dunno how to carry back home. Wahahaha!!

My bb started to flip at 3 months, now she's 4 months +.. these 2 days my bb started crawling 2-3 steps..can't believe that my bb actually crawl ?

Sito: Wah.. so fast ah.. my boy kick kick kick.. but still stationery... think cos he kicking in the air. Haha!!

suika: last time lar... now puppy cut liao lar... bo bian as not much energy left to groom her myself. so puppy cut for time being till can manage bb better then slowly keep her fur back again. those length need to keep for at least 1yr to 1.5yrs to have that length.

xbeanniex, your maltese is so pretty. where do you buy the shampoo? i also have a maltese 14 years old, but nowhere as nicely groomed as yours.

ann, ya must bring a bigger luggage to cart back all the goodies... now's a good time to go hong kong, HKD is quite cheap.

babycoco: brushing daily n cleaning of face n feet daily is a must... cannot avoid one. And alot of toys n treats that can cause a maltese to roll n get their own saliva on their fur also cannot give. EG. Rawhide, Wet food, etc.

Shampoo: most online pet shop sells, if can then pop by PetMover dog run that warehouse there also got sell, slightly cheaper then petshop outside.

i dont give my maltese any special care. much more of a poor gal as she is not allow to run too much (as will cause fur to get matted easily especially on the sides and will have lots of tearing which stains her fur), not allow to have rawhide to chew, as her saliva on the rawhide will get on her paws and attracts herself to lick her paws that will cause all reddish colour.

but now she have everything !

Hi All Mummies,

Now all babies learning flipping, head control etc...but any mummies out there planning to send your baby to sch? Hehehe...Any Gym class? Music class? Language class?

Heard can sitmulate right brain etc...

Any good school to recommend? I only know LNT.

Sito! Ur bb make me kanjiong leh dat time i saw ur bb video flipping so smoothing then mine till now haven't flip...

Now ur bb alrdy know how to crawl!!!

xbeanniex: your dog is so nice! The fur is so silky. Like those showdog that type.

Hershey: your dog is guai lo, my dog is not very happy when my bb cries. But maybe my bb cries too loudly and I have been neglecting him.

Ann: I never shave my dog's fur before leh..haiz..nowadays I see my dog's fur near my bb's face, I will get gan cheong..

Rachel: LNT close down liao.. now it is called Happy Train ah. Or else is shichida or I genius. But hoh.. for me, a little too early to send for classes.. think now still prefer playtime for him.. haha!!!

charliebrown: Maybe you should consider to shave him.. cooler sia and less skin problem cos easier to keep clean. Bathe also easy. The fur can always grow again when bb is older. Shave not nice, jus wear clothing for the dogs lo.. haha!!

charlie: trim to puppy cut for few mth (2mth-3mths) then trim shorter then the 1st time. Some dogs very cute one, sudden change of hair style, they feel shy n bad about themselves. and ya, upon seeing ur furkid after grooming dont laugh n tease ur furkid, praise ur furkid for being such a darling.

As my furkids gets upset whenever their fur are trim short.

Vernie: Heng here still got some babies haven't flip... make me more "fang xing"

Think its not our bb too slow lar, its Sito's bb too fast!!!

Quartzie, don't worry. Mine won't even lift up her head during tummy time. She's very happy to lie on her fat cheeks. Let alone flip.

Xbeanniex, Wah you're quite strict with your Maltese, no wonder she looks so good, like show dog. Will look for the shampoo you're using.

Ann, I think should be around 5.85.

Belly Protector: Have any mummies use this before? So that you won't have t worry about the tummy keep showing when they sleep or wear other clothings beside rompers.

xbeanniex: Wow your really well groom... my gal (Shih Tzu) alway having short fur...cos my brother say too long very girlish...he dun like.. so my gal is like a "tom boy" haha..

Ann-is it those go around the belly one?just a cloth and velco ah?

One qn can anyone help me?

When u had ur lunch, bb cant stay still is it normal? is like he wanna join in to see what are we doing like tat/eating , especially must let him see the high view (as in our height, he doenst like to look so low)

My boy in IFC and i ask the teacher say he really dun like to sleep.. wanna play nia. I go peep him and all the bb sleeping, left him still so awake...

Back