(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Sue: Most ppl should receive the Notice of Assessment aka Bill by Sept. The processing is done in batches. So not everyone will get theirs at the same time. The payment made will be refunded once the bill is in. No need to worry about it.

I also never cancel my giro. =P

OMG... I forgot abt the flashcards i bought. Hahaha... Totally forgot. Oh man. Too lazy to start leh. Maybe ask hubby to do. Chloe is gonna grow up illiterate. hahahahahaha...

Anyway, i just discovered that Chloe can do the Head Shoulders Knees and Toes dance. Can point correctly to most parts. The last time i performed for her was months back. Recently i was bored so i decided to sing that for her. And to my amusement, she could dance and point to the parts by herself. But must sing VERY SLOWLY! else she will get lost at the eyes ear nose part. Very funny. Was my nightly entertainment for a few days. I think she got bored of it. Don't want to do anymore now. =S

It's so amazing what these little ppl can do man. A new surprise everyday.

nope maggie mee, you can choose to sign up for any of the 3 weeks. The week you have signed up, it will be a 2 hrs session daily and must be accompanied by one adult (preferably the parent).

what is your email address? We can communicate more through there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all,

I have already received more than 4 registration forms for the Julia Gabriels Nov Prog.

Hence will be going down to process the registrations this evening.

Thanks for the response! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wha chloemum!ur gal is gd lor! to my gal,there is no difference between head/shoulders/knees/toes/eyes/mouth/nose.apparently in her world all these body parts reside iin her ears.tt's all she'll point to.however S.L.O.W i go.

rofl!

i c ic bout tax returns.cos every yr,i get the computation on 10jul to be precise.this yr damn slow.n it annoys be cos d first time i dun need to pay taxes,i get tax teturns delayed.somemore i filed early.

juz being a disgrunted tax payer.

Sue: Cally might be telling u something... Mummy... u are too naggy. She is signing to you that she wants peace in her ears lar! hahahahahaha... *just kidding*

Aiya, i also haven't received my bill. Nevermind lar. Just wait out. It will come sometime. 1st time i don't have to pay tax also! So exciting isn't it?

Anyway, technically, returns are what you give to IRAS. hahaha... What IRAS gives back to you is a bill. =P

Hi Hi,

Response no good for Park playdate on 8th Oct.

Hence I shall change to 29 Oct 2011. Hope more can come and join!

Playdate at Bishan Park on 29 Oct 2011:

- sallyngsj

Pinnky,

U can check with Evejol if can pick u up on her way from AMK Mrt for the park playdate. :)

Sue,

No lah, Akiden cant ride. Must push. Hee

- sallyngsj

- mush

we can show off our couple trike liao... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

- sallyngsj

- mush

- Evejol

Mush mummy, I'm so jealous cause no couple trike hahaaaa

Hi Pinnky,

What not a good mummy?? I think you are absolutely dedicated & fabulous mummy!! I saw the blueberries & pancake you cooked for Brayden, fantastic!

hahaha i bf cus can save alot on fm but also had to bf cus my girl refused to be wean out of it. End up both of them drink bm only. Totally don't want fm.so will have to slowly intro fresh milk to Cole later. We had a hard time convincing Caitz to drink fresh milk or even fm when she was Cole's age then we gave up.

Sorry the late reply cus I'm holding a BP now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Trying to raise some funds for the needy women & children who can't afford medical treatment in Singapore by KKH.

Cole is talking alot maybe cus his sister talks to him everyday so he is picking up language very quickly. He can say mama, dada, jie jie, nana (banana), backpack, Bye bye, bird, dog, etc etc

Best part, he can tell you what food he wants. Don't need to guess cus Food is a big part of his life! He absolutely loves EATING! He seems to be eating non-stop the whole day. munch here and there, eat 3 meals, fruits etc. hahaha but he is a clumsy tot! I'm so scared when he starts running. even he walks, he will just trip & fall. Clumsiness is in the family genes!

Good morning mummies..

Hi berrybaby, sure..welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u can buy from bp..i got mine from world of korea..

Hi ylc, is ok..no prob [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks for ur compliments..haha..that one just simple breakfast..i hv introduced Brayden with fresh milk w/ dried fruits n nuts over the weekend..he didnt show much interest but stil got took some..

ya..i can see Cole really can talk alot..last time in d class, i heard he called jiejie n was few mths bk..is it the clumsy genes caused by tat?..brayden always trip n fall, sometimes just run n hit to the wall..*sweat*..duno wat they rushing for..always tell him slowly but he just run..

Hi Pinnky,

Thanks, but think I confused you, I wanted to find play mates, not play mats.

Can ask what are you all feeding to your tod for lunch and dinner now? and how much porridge to give each meal? Sometimes Ryan will overeat and vomit out all his lunch. He's taking about 2 bowls of the munckin (suction bowl, medium size 75% full) for each meal, is it too much??

Drinks only 180ml milk each feed, too little?

Hi berrybaby..sorry..i hv overlooked..monday blue cum running nose n cough made me so tired..

lunch n dinner: i feed my boy noodle/porridge for lunch n dinner will be rice or sometimes porridge..he will hv the same dinner as us..easy! He normally tk 1 bowl, those soup bowl..sometimes will top up if he not enough..if he is full, he just refused to tk anymore..

yos mamas

happy Mon!

chloemum: haha.. farney lor.. she think i'm naggy..

maybe cally is schmarter than i think.. maybe cos i always call her "ben (4) dan (4)"

u're rite.. tax BILL.. i was searching for the rite word..

berrybaby / pinkky

hahaha.. pinkky missed out the "e" in playmat"e".. keke

must be in a hurry to get back to work.. :p

welcome welcome! and do join our outdoor playdate in bishan on 29Oct

About milk feeds.. my gal takes ~180ml - 200ml for afternoon nap, after afternoon nap (b4 dinner)

for porridge, er, my gal eats 1 bowl of porridge only.. i'm not sure about munchkin cup, but from what i observed, the lucky baby suction bowl and pigeon bowl has almost the same capacity and i used either of them..

Sally:

plz count me in! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ylc:

i'm also trying to introduce cally fresh milk..

the last time i just filled up a 200ml bottle wif warmed fresh milk, and she suckled it, frowned and passed back to me.

then later i added 50%-50% (EBM and fresh milk) and was more successful

but now, it's back to latch on at night times, cos cally has been sick for ~1 mth (but seems to be getting better now..

okok i wanna ask the mamas...

can share wif us the funny stuffs ur todds have been up to these days?

fo rme,

over the weekend, i had immobilising upper back pain (old prob) and was lying in bed face dowm

cally tried v hard to get my attention and rolled on me, pat me, etc, but i just ignored her cos i thot she'll just fall asleep

but lo and behold, she squatted beside me, and put her index finger to my nose.. as if to check if i'm breathing!

kns

Welcome Berrybaby!!!

Sue,

Cally is so cute!! I think Cally is definately better than Nicole. When I'm lying in bed face down, she will think I'm playing with her and will go on my back and ask me to piggy back her / gallop as if I'm her personal horse :p

I notice she like to me to yang-o her when she is watching her tv. She will push her butt thru to sit on lap and ask me to stroke her face. How she ask for it is by taking her hand up and stroke my face 1st then put it down so thats the hint. If I dun do it and continue to play my computer, she will pull both my hand and ask me to stroke her -_-"

Pinnky,

hahaha I have no idea is it really the clumsy genes or??? My girl was definitely not like that at that age. She was very steady. This boy... aiyo... walk and can knock the glass door. Then walk walk walk ... almost knock into the lamp post. walk & a little run, he will fall down. Everytime I have to scream at him to WALK not run! He doesnt like to hold our hands, so even more difficult. really have to chase after him.

Sue,

I havent given him fresh milk cus he was recovering from a cough and now seems like a little phlegm so probably will let it clear up before giving it to him.

This chap thinks its so funny when I kiss him, he pretends to kiss me back but in actual fact, he wants to bite me. Initially kenna bitten a few times then realized his tricks. Then he goes on to bite my shoulders & arms. aiyo... and the weird thing is ONLY ME!

He's playing peek-a-boo with us now... I always ask "where's didi" he will hide then later he will run out and say "there!!!" he's a cheeky rascal!

Sue, lol..Cally is so cute...did she watch drama too much?

Evejol, Brayden always ask me to piggy bk her..but he refused daddy n only me..

whenever i pretend to sleep with him..he just dig my belly button or sit on my tummy n jump..the more i showing the pain, the more he jump..torturing me..nowadays he likes to show us different face expression..duno where he learns..so funny..did u guys agree, our kids r born to bully mummy not daddy?

tat day daddy brought brayden for mmrv + chicken pox..i was worry at first cox i got seminar to attend cant accompany him..surprisingly he didnt cry..first time injection w/o crying..i thinking whether is it cox me not around n daddy kept on tellin him to be brave, not cry..at d end, he made it..

so glad to know he is growing well..50 percentile..pd said he has grown very well compare last visit..happy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ylc..yaya, brayden also refused to hold our hands..me everytime chase like hell esp when wear high heels..lol

cant imagine next time i carry a big ball n chase him..haha..

time flies..brayden is 18mths next mth [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] we hv know each other almost 18mths..tis period, we share all d joy & happiness together, exchange experience n tots..u all r great mummies!!

Morning mummies!!

So nice to read so many updates!

Sue: Cally is cute! She just want to make sure she gets ur attention!

Like Cole n Brayden, Lucas is very active now. He can skip naps nowadays. Once, I tell him sleep! L: No! Me: yes! L: no! Me: yes! Yes! Yes! Lucas: no! No! No!

Horrible eh?

His speech progress is also very much like Cole. The thing about him Is that he is very willing to repeat after us even though it didn't sound right but quite funny. Example, we asked him can u say crocodile? He will go "toctodull"! Recently, starting to join words like Mummy Qi lai! (mummy wake up!)

However he is not the friendliest baby. When he see strangers, he will lower his head or hide behind us. Will anyone tell me if it's ok like this? That's y I always have to stay with him at new places till he is comfortable to move out on his own...

Well, these babies are seem to be growing really fast at this point of time. My mum found him so different after she returns for a week of holiday.

I'm off on 28th. Will check if I can swap it! ;)

Good week ahead!

hihis again[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

evejol, pinkky:

ya ya! i think the babes like bouncy stuff, think my gal tried to bounce on me before but i'm quite strict and fierce..

will first scold her then if she repeats the behaviour, i'll erm. flick the offending area i.e i.e legs or if she anyhow throw stuff - flick her hands..

if she's doing a fake cry, then i'll scold somemore,,

if she sounds really miserable, i.e crying v loudly, and run away, i'll stop scolding and ignore her, then she'll stop after some time..

then when alls well again, i'll give cally a big hug and kisses.. cos i'm actually feeling a bit guilty and still want her to know tt i luv her... :p

but if my parents are around, i wun do that (but pretend i didn't see and walk away) cos my mum/dad will sayang her and i dun want cally to see me as the enemy :p

lucas, cole and victoria (nana's kid) and thea talking.. mmm i see some similiarities!

i remember these babes were first to start walking and now the first few to start talking..

guess cally is normal.. i.e not talking yet, cos she was slow to walk too..

so comparing her to the talking babes, she's normal (juz normally behind.. haha)

ylc:

sounds like cole is the type who "bites" affectionately to show his luv for u..

some people are like that.. when they see cute stuff or pple they love, they just have the impulse to bite affectionately.. even when they're grown up adults...

that's what i think la.. since u're prob his fav person.. as us mummies are to our dearest toddlers... :p

lucasmummy:

it sounds like lucas is the shy type.. i think hiding behind u, is not abnormal for shy kids ba..

anyone in ur or ur hubby's family are a little shy?

hope u dun mind me saying he's shy... :|

oh ya and yes...

fellow mamas...

we've been friends for 2 yrs liao...

thanks for ur friendship and i am really happy to have so many listening ears to my garbage thoughts..

if i had unloaded and unleashed all of these to the hubby, he'd have really gone deaf or we'd have been quarrelling loads (cos hubbies always tell us we worry to much, boh liao, too protective etc etc) :p

Sue: it's perfectly ok to say he is shy. Hehe... Well... I just keep reminding myself to understand, accept and assist. Sometimes I tend to be forcing him to do what I'm expecting of him. So guilty... Hur hur...

Yay!! Cheers to 2 all of us!

lucasmummy, i think Lucas just shy like Sue said..let him join for more playdates, then he will get used to the strangers..

mummies, can i know where can find nice kids's bags? I want to buy 1 for Brayden as he goin to "school" soon..hehe..thanks!

ikea children's bedframe: went ikea yesterday n tempted to buy 1 for Brayden..he likes it so much..kept climb up n down..but daddy said only buy when he starts cc..but the bedframe is not the standard single size, think very fast need to upgrade again..

i m headache..cox he is sleeping on 2 single size mattress n i used 6 pillows + 1 bolster to block..1 night, can roll from 1 to another..i thinking should i just put 1 single mattress n let him use to it..few times fall down he should be able to know..but sound cruel..i hv consider successfuly wean off his night pacifier..left noon cox at nanny place bit diff to do..

pinnky: Lucas like the children writing desk and chairs. When he was at IKEA, he literally sat there and not wanting to move. I have to carry him to move him away. Hubby and I am thinking where is the best to place them before making the purchase.

Yes, he is probably too shy... zzz haha.. ok I am kind of cannot tahan him behaving like this la.. keke.. will try to be very patient with it. ;) Thank you mummies!

Wow! Suddenly the quiet thread is really back to life!

Funny things Chloe does...

If I pretend to sleep (or if i am really sleeping) she will come and beat me lor... and say "BEAT BEAT" "BEAT BEAT" "BEAT BEAT". If she is in her cot, she will throw everything she can find at me. Almost got hit by the Ru Yi oil before.

When she was younger, she will come kiss me when i pretend to sleep. Now become beat. So sad.

If she can find a way to climb up to where ever i am, she will... flip open my shirt, dig my belly button! Else, she will stick her finger into my nostril! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

She loves playing hide and seek/peekaboo with us too. She will hide her face at the wall when she wants to play. Den we will run to hide. And she will come running after.

Sleep: Hmmm... How to get them to start sleeping on a bed without flipping out? I wanna move her outta the cot leh.

Lucasmummy: Lucas is just shy lar. He will get better when he goes to school. Chloe is fierce and unreasonable. She goes to the playground and push older kids off the kiddy rides. =S Sighz, only consolation, at least she won't get bullied when i send her off to childcare. Keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't go there become big bully instead.

Sue: Yes. Time flies! I still remember we were all going bonkas preparing for the Mass Christmas Party last year!

Hello mummies,

I chanced upon this thread, and I have a 17mth boy.

I would like to know if you are feeding your child multi-V? If yes, can share with me the brands?

My boy has been catching flu/cough/fever virus frm his big sister very frequently, and this makes him sick almost every other month. At 17mth, he is only 9.6kg cause sick often.

Hope you can share your advice with me.

yos yos yos...

good mornings!

ya blue turtle! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

let's keep this thread moving moving :p

chloe sounds like a fun lurver!

and er beating u...sure u didn't teach her to beat up her toys and she drew a parallel between u n toys? :p :p

about sleeping on the bed...er at least until now, Cally flips all around the queen size bed which me and her share..

we put it on the floor so that if she flips off it, she'll still be ok...

actually we have a queen size mattress + sea horse flat mattress beside- it, and if i don't re-position her in the middle of the nite, she will still end up on the floor, or stuck in the crease between the long flat bolster and mattress..

chloe is good.. lets u keep her in the cot.. my cot is just a white elephant.. waiting for it's next occupant.. whom hopefully will come by 2013..haha

another question for the mummies!

what is a practical age gap between kids?

I hope to have #2, but am still bfing/expressing and Cally still needs to suckle at night times (and trust me, she sounds really miserable if i don't let her, and even heartless me cannot bear to deprive her of comfort), so i can only start planning maybe next yr...

p.s sgblingff... i get my gal the enervon multi vits. doesn't seem to have much difference. cally still gets sick. i.e 2nd time liao. 1st time was when she was 12mths old (sick for 1 mth), 2nd time was 15mths old - now (sick for >1mth)

she's still on bm + solids

only commonality is childcare.cos i started feeding her multivits at 13mths and don't observe any differences.

i'll start her back on berries (any kind she will take) since they have the highest anti-oxidant properties...

Sue: Yes. Chloe loves to play. I think she learnt the beating from us. Cos we always say we will beat her if she doesn't follow instructions. So whenever we seem to be not following her instructions, she will do that lor. grrrrrrrrr

She has to stay in the cot. She spins round and round and risks falling off leh. Bad sleeping habit. Whenever i go over to my mother's place, we make her sleep on floor with mattress, 2 single mattress side by side, and she can end up on the floor if we forget to shift her in the middle of the night.

Practical age gap: i think around 2 or 3 is good. At least the older one would have learnt to listen to some instructions. Otherwise I think a bit older (6 to 7) also ok, but then I don't like the thought of having to go thro the "torture" again from scratch when the break is too long.

All the best for #2 planning yah! hahahahaha

Hi Sgblingff,

Yes Cole is also always catching the bug from his sister. Actually I did asked our PD, he said all these multi-vits won't work. He told us, we can give them just for a peace of mind. haha yes he is very frank. He told us this when my girl just started school when she was 2.5yrs old cus she was always falling ill after starting school. PD said it is very common as they are too young to start school and even suggested that they start school at 5 yrs old!

Some mummies was telling me give probiotics & Sambucol to build up their immunity. can give it a try [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sue,

I still bf my girl when I was pregnant with Cole. The whole entire time until he was born. Even after he was born, she went to the hospital crying because she missed her bm! wahaha.. first thing she asked was to drink together with her brother.

Lucasmummy,

Lucas shy better than too friendly! Cole not shy one... say hi say bye, we are so scared he is too friendly to strangers. Later pple take him away wahahaha ;)

hi mummies,

yeah!! the thread is very much alive again.

booo.... ash has got bronchitis... ;(

Hope she recovers by end of this week.

I've took leave on these dates - any mummies available for playdates? (mine is not block leave coz year end alot of the other colleagues had already applied long ago... )

24th Oct

26th Oct - PH

4th Nov

7th Nov - PH

14th Nov

Lemme know if anyone else free on these days.

Hello Mrs Teo,

I hope Ash gets well soon! Sue i think i read your princess not so well too i hope the both of them get well soon! Weather no good.. my girl just started with the runny nose yesterday.. long long trails... crossing my fingers it doesn't progress to something else...

Playdate! Playdate! I am good for the public holidays!! Oct 26 or Nov 7!

Hi Mummies,

I get to know this forum through my sis.

Does your kid tip toe when they start to walk ?

My son does a lot, even till now sometime he is still tip toeing. I heard from my frens that the bone might have some problem so advise me to consult with bone specialist. It really worry me.

Pls share with your experience.

Hello mummies!!

I have become one of those silent readers of the thread... hheheheh! HOpe all of you are doing well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Anyway......

Hi Ladies,

I will be putting up a table and the following things are on sale:

Brand new men's Tee shirts (M- XL) @ $5

Brand new Men's Shirts (M- XL) @ $7

Brand new Men's Pants (size 34 to 36) @ $10

(The above items used to belong to my hubby.. he grew rounder...)

Pre loved tee shirts/shirts/pants @ $5

From Simply Indian

Head scarves

Silk skirts

Samples of designer suits (Available for Pre Order)

Henna Tattoo (Both Brown and Black!- Natural)

Black henna cones available at $8 each.

If you are not interested in the above items, there are 47 OTHER VENDORS selling their preloved items!!- One man's trash is another man's treasure. You will never know what you will find. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

P.S.- invite some friends for a meal at Newton Food Centre and then drop by at Cairnhill CC (very nearby) after that!

For poster- http://crossroads-stayconnected.com/

For any enquires- please email ONLY! ([email protected])

hi morning mummies..

Hi, Mrs.Teo, Hope Ash get well soon..

Playdate: depends on venue..I might able to make it on 26/10..update us again..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ivy, welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I remember my son also tip toe when started learnt to walk..think is normal esp those in walker b4..do correct him each time he tip toe, I did it and now he no longer tip toe..but he tip toe again when i teach him how to jump..now he always played tip toe with me..the more i asked him not to do, he will purposely show it to me..then i bo chap him, he just stopped doing..aih..

car seat: I intend to change my car seat..anyone can recommend? How abt combi cocoro? I wan to find the model suit for long journey..currently one like not so comfortable if for long journey esp when my boy sleep..

Ivy: my ger never tiptoed when she learnt to walk. I didn't let her use walker. But recently, she started to tip toe for fun. And dance ard. Like Ballerina. I guess she must have learnt it from somewhere, dunno where. As long as she is not doing it for long periods, i am ok.

Pinnky: maybe you wanna bring brayden go try out the car seats before you buy. What is comfy for 1 kid might not be comfy for another. Chloe always sleeps in her Britax car seat. She has been using it since birth.

hi mummies,

have been off the forum for so long....

Re: Julia Gabriel

wow, i'm keen in the Julia Gabriel's programme since the program is available at East coast branch too! any mummies keen too? thinking of signing up for a week or so.

Re: Playgroups

i'm working part time for sometime now and due to my flexibility i have been able to bring my boy for some trials at Growing up Gifted and Playdays @ mountbatten. Both are very different in nature - one is more curriculum-driven (with mandarin & phonics), other is more play-based (teaching thru songs). any other Playgroups that you recommend? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re: Looking for Playdates

PM me for playdates! i'm always pretty free, just that i seldom come to this forum, so PM me pls[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] meanwhile i will try to visit this forum more frequently.

Re: Renting toys

Good idea to rent toys? any provider you have tried and is reliable?

Jasmini:

I have tried both http://www.rent-that-toy.com/, and http://rent-a-toy.com/

Both are good. The toys are in good condition. Comes sanitized and wrapped. The delivery person will do the setup and demo.

I like the idea of renting. Cos kids don't usu play with toys for a long time. They get sick of it pretty soon. I rented mostly the big and bulky items like jumperoo, bbgym, etc. Things which they will only use for a short period but too huge to buy and store.

Not for the picky mummies though.

thanks blue turtle for recommending, i'll most prob be renting from rent-that-toy. prices more competitive [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] if you refer me from their site, i believe you can earn some reward points. Just PM you my email addy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

would be renting a slide for my boy but seems unavailable, hopefully it would be soon, otherwise i would have to pay 10 more bucks through another provider.

yeah i bought a jumperoo long time ago and my boy din like to be confined in it, so it has been collecting dust for the last 8-9 mths already. big sigh!

Back