(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Hi, I would like to give away my Glenn Doman English and Chinese flash cards. These are white cards with big red words.

I have done it with my boy a year plus ago and it is very effective. He seems to learn things very easily now. So I highly recommend it to anyone with kids under 3. It is very easy to do at home. just 5 seconds each time 2 or 3 times a day.

Anybody interested or have more queries, please contact me directly at [email protected].

My gal also down with cough and phlegm for many days despite trying Flumacil and bromhexine. Today woke up with fever and wheezes. Off to Pead and her medications alone cost me 100+. Hope she gets well soon.... so, don't think she can join the playdate this Saturday too.

Hope the tods recover quickly. Guess it is the coughing season. My girl has been having dry cough at night for a week already. Please take care ya.

chloemum good idea.

maybe botanic garden? but must be good weather. then we mummies can picnic ;)

can take nice pictures also

Dengue has reached epidemic level now. Any mummies know of where to get insect repellant suitable for toddlers? what brand? how about lotion with insect repellant properties (from Johnson?), anyone seen anything like that before?

Botanic garden is a good idea but will be too hot in the afternoon. Does the place have any areas with shade (pardon my ignorance, I hardly go there and had only visited early in the morning or in the evening)?

chloemum,

but me no car, n bb no trike lei. hee

Lets try for one indoor playdate first, as I realli wan to meet up with some mummies. :)

okie Mummies,

Playdate - change to Aug 9, who is a PH, so hope those babies who have classes on weekends can now join as well.

Please let me noe who is keen and indicate you prefer AM/PM meet up.

I have managed to tok to the boss at cookie & monkey Kid's lounge @ Vivo. We can use the lounge at the price of $12 an hour per toddler. I am thinking one hour in there for the kids to play, then we can procceed up to the roof water play area if mummies are game for it. :) Let me noe what you think. If you all want an outdoor at the park, I no prob to help to co-ordinate. So please put down your name and indicate yr interest. If you prefer park, please indicate outdoor. Thanks.

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011

- SN (AM/PM - Indoor)

Hey SN,

I can make it on 9 Aug [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I went past the lounge before and it looks erhmm small. For $12 an hour, why dun we spend a bit more and go to Singkids playsystem also at vivo - $18 for 2 hours?

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011

- SN (AM/PM - Indoor)

- babygi (AM/PM - indoor)

Babygi,

I also wan to try singkids. hee But can be crowded. Unless we go morning. :) The lounge will be closed for us, max ten tods. Lets see the responds first, then we can further discuss on venue. Oh where is the lounge? Near where? I not yet been there. Onli heard and known about it.

u noe the area where there is an outdoor playarea on the 2nd floor w a green slope that kids like to slide down? the lounge is facing the playarea - we cannot see it if you stay inside the mall....

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011

- SN (AM/PM - Indoor)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Evejo (AM/PM - Indoor/Outdoor)

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011

- SN (AM/PM - Indoor)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Evejol (AM/PM - Indoor/Outdoor)

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011

- SN (AM/PM - Indoor)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- lilstarz (AM/PM - indoor / outdoor)

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011

- SN (AM/PM - Indoor)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Impulse41 (AM/PM - indoor / outdoor)

Mummies, I would put in my name tentatively - SIL visiting Spore that week... I believe they would wanna spend lots of time with Ash. I'll try to squeeze the morning out.

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011

- SN (AM/PM - Indoor)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- MrsTeo (AM/ Outdoor)

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011

- SN (AM/PM - Indoor)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Mrs Teo (AM - outdoor)

- Pinnky (AM/PM - indoor/outdoor)

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011

- SN (AM/PM - Indoor)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Mrs Teo (AM - outdoor)

- gladseow (AM - indoor/outdoor)

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011

- SN (AM/PM - Indoor)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Mrs Teo (AM - outdoor)

- mattsmummy (AM - indoor/outdoor)

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011

- SN (AM/PM - Indoor)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Mrs Teo (AM - outdoor)

- Luckyone (AM/ PM - will confirm after location fixed)

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011

- SN (AM/PM - Indoor)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Mrs Teo (AM - outdoor)

yos mamas..

LTNS!

How's ur babes doing nowadays?

lately i've been feeling so guilty towards my gal that i don't understand why i'm feeling so emo..

today, Cally's IFC teacher msged me about Cally's dried up cut in her middle finger, and i was like oops.. i didn't even notice it yest.. what a lousy mama i am...

sighs. cannot stop blaming myself for not being attentive enough to my gal...

she has been getting into minor incidents so often nowadays.. i.e hand trapped in sliding door to kitchen, hand trapped in wardrobe sliding door (the kind of impact when 2 doors collide), rolloed off mattress onto floor etc,

yet when i put her in a confined place i.e playpen, baby cot,

she is super upset and cries so hard that i feel so sorry for her...

dunno how lei

on one hand i don't wanna kena told off by hubby i'm spoiling her, on the other hand my heart breaks when she starts to cry..

the only times i can resist giving in to her, if when i spot a fake cry (no tears, soft wail, darting eyes to check out if i'm paying attention to her)

any similar experiences?

H Sue..dun feel guilty or feel lousy..I think all our bbs are the same as this stage..everyday with new bruises or wound. Not we no pay attention to them, sometimes they just too fast until we cant react..

My Brayden hurt his little toe last week..he shouted at me without crying..so i thought ok..after tat i carried him to playmat..he carried his toe high n i get shocked cox i saw lot of blood at his toe..i feel so heartpain.. why i didnt notice it..poor boy, i saw a hole at his toe, skin has peeled off..i blame myself for not pay attention to him tat time he get hurt..next day morning i bath him, he suddenly cried so loud..and i think is the wound tat caused him..

my boy hate playpen too n i hv kept it..he cried so hard whenever i put him in..

fake cry n used many tricks in order to get the things he want are normal practice for him..I think i hv used to it..sometimes i just walk away, it works too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

although my boy is in the naughty stage but very fun to be with him..everyday with new surprise..wat we need to do is just enjoy n hv fun with them..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sue:

Don't be sad lar. All kids fall, knock themselves against things. It's part of growing up.

Fake cries, I get lots of it everyday.

Same for the unreasonable cries.

And sitting on floor crying, forehead on floor.

Just short of the rolling on floor crying now.

All the madness goes away whenever I get a big kiss planted on my cheeks! haha...

These children are just so clever I tell you.

Sue: don't be too hard on yourself. I think we are all guilty of feeling that way sometimes. You can't prevent every little accident or illness just be there to hold their hand and give them encouragement.

About 2 mths ago my elder son came down with fits and had to be taken to hospital. When the paramedic came to my house she asked me if I knew he was running a high fever. I just looked at her blankly b'cos it never crossed my mind that he was ill. He was more quiet than he usually was but I thought he was just tired from running around the previous day. Never felt so guilt ridden in all my life and I thought it was all my fault that he ended up in hospital even though the doctor at the A & E told me it wasn't as a sudden temperature spike is not unusual to children under 5 when they have a viral infection. Not that it made me feel any better. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I sometimes feel sorry for J as he being the younger child I am not as watchful over him as I was with my #1. And it doesn't help that he is more independent and daring than his brother was at the same age! However I just read an article in the news this morning and it is a good reminder that I have to be more vigilent. Though it's not easy when you're tired and distracted with other things to do. Kids you'll never know what mischief they can get up to even when your back's turn for 5 mins! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/uhoh.gif]

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011, there are two locations we can choose:

(1) Gymboree Harbourfront - Free play from 12noon to 7pm

Member $12 per hour per kid

NonMember $20 per hour per kid

Mummies who opt for this, please state your prefer timing.

(2) Singkids Vivo - 11am to 11pm

$18 per hour per kid (peak hour charge as its a PH)

Hence mummies, please state your preference and prefer timing:

- SN (Gymboree - 12 to 1pm, Singkids - 11am to noon)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Mrs Teo (AM - outdoor)

Sally, for singkids, will it be open to public too? i scare a lot of people and our toddler will be squash

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Evejol (Gymboree - 12 to 1pm, Singkids - 11am to noon)

- Mrs Teo (AM - outdoor)

Hi SN,

Either one is fine. Thanks!

- babygi (Gymboree - 12 to 1pm, Singkids - 11am to noon)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Evejol (Gymboree - 12 to 1pm, Singkids - 11am to noon)

- Mrs Teo (AM - outdoor)

Thanks Evejol and babygi for responding. To make it simple, I will just go for Gymboree then. :)

Playdate on 9 Aug 2011 at Gymboree Harbourfront (12noon to 1pm)

Confirmed:

- SN

- babygi

- Evejol

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Mrs Teo (AM - outdoor)

Confirmed:

- SN

- babygi

- Evejol

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Mrs Teo (AM - outdoor)

- Luckyone (Gymboree - 12 to 1pm, Singkids - 11am to noon)

Confirmed:

- SN

- babygi

- Evejol

- mrs teo (vivy)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

- Luckyone (Gymboree - 12 to 1pm, Singkids - 11am to noon)

Hi SN,

Sorry i mostly cant join as 12-1pm is my boy's nap time..unless he get to sleep earlier on tat day then i can join u guys..

Confirmed:

- SN

- babygi

- Evejol

- mrs teo (vivy)

- Luckyone (Audrey & WeiXi)

- Michelle (AM - Indoor)

Sorry SN, iszt the one near "Mother Care"?

Any instructor for the whole session like normal Baby Gym lesson?

Luckyone:

Yes. It's near Mothercare.

Free play no instructor. All the equipment will be spread around. Kids just go in and play themselves. They will allow at least 1 adult in with kid. If not too crowded, they will allow 2. Play time is 1 hour. The staff will go in to ask u come up when time is up.

Bring socks for kid and yourself.

hihis pinnky, chloemum, mrs N

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks for making me feel betta..

I think that our kids are really mischievous nowadays, they don't even know any danger that looms ahead of them!

pinnky: how is braden's toe?

chloemum: ya! i like the term - unreasonable cries!

mrs N:i think i'd panic if my kid gets fits.. the last few times i rushed her to a pd, only to be told to have to wait.. my other mother friends told me i shld've gone to kkh emergency dept, and i was like, didn't think of it! even when it happened a few more times.. i think as mothers and women, we do get overwhelmed with the emotion of the moment and sometimes forget the obvious logical things (which is what we need the daddies for :p) about the article, it's really sad. i can guess that the parents were just trying to get baby to get used to sleeping in a room on his own.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] it's really sad

i have a few incidents to share

1) over the weekend, I left a styrofoam box in the living hall.. and later found my gal chewing bits of it..

2) when i was picking up my hp in the kitchen while carrying my gal in the other hand, she was trying to grab the knives, hot water pot etc,

so dangerous!

3) and and when i was a the doctors yest and let her chew on a longan which the fruit stall uncle gave her and i was just happily fbing with my hp when i double checked, i was shocked that the seed was missing! i kindda panicked and started digging her mouth / throat for the seed, less she chocked.. and it finally came out..

kena chided by the friendly and concerned nurse, older ladies at the clinic!

4) stroller fall on baby incident. it happened 2x. once when i was busy working and Cally was just behind me fiddling with the strings of the stroller. i heard a few low pitched " eh, eh eh" and dissed it off as regular whines for attention.

then after a while i decide to check in on Cally and turned my back, but cldn't find her.

what i saw was the stroller on top of her! and her tiny arms were waving below the stroller. it looked hilarious (waving arms and stroller mark on face) and but i felt so sorry for her.

2nd time (a week later) was when Cally was sitting up and pulled the stroller down on her.

this time i was more sensitive to the "eh eh eh"s and found the stroller cupping her body in the sitting upright position.

finally it dawned upon me to just put the stroller away in a room where i can close the door.

:/

in retrospect, all these are avoidable incidents, but like they say, accidents happen in a moment of neglect. it is so true!

yet when we remind the hubbies to be careful etc, we sometimes get told not to "worry too much", or be too "protective"

what a dilemma

Sue, thanks for asking..he is ok now..

Should i laugh/cry??..I think most of the incidents happened to Cally, Brayden has experienced b4..aih..grab knife, eating/chewing unidentified/unedible objects, stroller fall on him n just yesterday, he played with the iron board which i hvnt kept it in store room n ended up the whole thing fall on him..my pitty boy..

can i know wat's ur reaction when all tis incidents happened? Will u shout/scream or remain calm n quiet? Normally i will shout..and my hubby always complaint i m over react..but tis is the first response i made when such incidents happened..i couldnt control myself..

i agreed wat u said..accidents happen in a moment of neglect..is so true!!

hihis pinnky

glad to hear brayden is oki... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

oh dear ironing board...i think i better keep mine too..

mmm when i see cally in d action of getting hurt,i'l run to her n call out her name hoping she'll get distracted n avoid getting hurt..

but if the damage (thankfully not brain damage so far :p) has been done,i'l still feel worried n sometimes panicky inside but try to ignore her or juz calmly pat her..so tt she will think its a trival matter n not panic herself

bout hubby's reaction,i

,they always trivalise matters ...tt's their nature to appear macho!since cavemen days i think! they always think we over react n i always think they take shortcuts! haha

what say u? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sue: Don't worry too much. Accidents do happen, cos it's really hard to be safe on everything.

I was giving chloe some biscuits to eat at the playground. She dropped one of the biscuit, and she was so fast to pick it up and popped it back into her mouth. And she just simply refused to open her mouth for me to take it out. So... She ate that biscuit that fell on the floor. hahahaha... Dirty... But oh well.

She also gets to run around a lot downstairs. I let her touch the leaves and grass and all. It's a way for them to learn i feel. Numerous times, she plucked the grass, leaves, flowers and munched on them. If i am fast enuff, I dig them out, else, i have no idea what she had eaten.

I guess I have more probs with a toddler who eats anything and everything that she isn't supposed to eat, than accidents.

Everyone has their own problem cos every kid is different!

Hubby? I think my hubby more panicky than me when it comes to the kid. =P It's quite very amazing to see how a very very composed and calm man can have such a big reaction when he sees something happen to the kid. BLEAH!

Hi mummies,

Chk w u, do u use bb toothpaste for ur child?

Hv u brought ur little ones for holiday? Wat do they eat? My boy still eating homecooked tiny lumpy food w/o salt n other seasoning.

Any remedy to stop them from chewing their thumb/finger? Esp during their nap/bedtime?

Any1 using forehead thermometer? Is it good? Wat brand n whr to buy?

Back