(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Sheryl, my baby kept wanting to lunge forward to splash the water when she used the babyseat float... too dangerous. So we ended up just holding her, let her play with the water without any floating device and she seemed happier that way too.

Playdate......... cool so many can make it. :)

So where should we have it?

I called gymboree harbourfront to check on the free play timing as tot we could meet there n tots can have some gym funz. But the freeplay timing on 23 July is 7pm to 8pm. What you all think? Wan to meet at their timing or anyone can suggest a venue?

23 July (Saturday) Playdate (after lunch)

- SN

- Evejol

- Michelle (maybe)

- edie

- mrs Teo (Vivy)

- mush

- pringles

- impulse41

- Pinnky (Maybe, depending on location)

- SN

- Evejol

- Michelle (maybe)

- edie

- mrs Teo (Vivy)

- mush

- pringles

- impulse41

- ChloeMum

Sally, the Gymboree timing @ Tanglin mall same? We can try that too.

I had a failed attempt trying to drive to Peekaboo, with all the constructions going on around. My GPS totally can't work. haha.

Fidgets nothing much for them to play leh. Fidgets seem to be better for older kids. I personally prefer Gymboree. Don't mind trying out Peekaboo if someone can give me directions to get there. =P

Hi,

i have been to Fidget and Peekaboo. Personally, I think Peekaboo more fun but tiring for the parents, I have to accompany my son climbing into the structure, have to bend all the time cas the structure is short. Wow, back pain.

Fidget more space, not so cramp even on weekend. But not very fun for our kids and there is a smell in the older kids section. Think aircon not strong enough.

For the playdate, I'm okie with both. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chloemum, don't know how to direct u. I use my GPS [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] At Kallang indoor stadium there.

Chloemum, Gymboree @ Tanglin mall no freeplay on 23 July cos there's a bday celebration. :-( I also prefer Gymboree as more funz for their age. So how? Or Singkids at Airport?

- SN

- Evejol

- Michelle (maybe)

- edie

- mrs Teo (Vivy)

- mush

- pringles

- impulse41

- ChloeMum

- bb-bao

So exciting!! I havent really brought my boy out to play with other kids, so difficult to walk around considering I'm such a fat cow now. I will be in my 38th week on 23 July.. If not in labour yet, I would love to join!

Btw anyone bringing their babes to the baby's day out - ndp celebration event at downtown east on 6 aug? I signed up so wondering if can bump into any of you there [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tinospora, thanks for sharing the link. Gosh, I've got so many of the toys that failed the test.... rubber ducks, party clappers, multi-colored balls (150 of them!) and the sponge ball.

Any idea if its fun to have playdate @

The Little Gym of Singapore East

Marina Square, #03-163/164

6 Raffles Boulevard

Singapore 039594

phone: +65 6336-9734 or +65 6336-4307

hihi,

any mummies sourcing around for playgroups rather than childcare when our kids turn 18 months? still undecided btw 2 hours playgroup (maybe talentplus) or halfday childcare (maybe kinderland)... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Playdate, I suppose it will better us to have it in a more convenient location like somewhere near mrt, places like turf club might be a little difficult for mummies who dont drive. I was at the airport last week. Singkids are very crowded and expensive $18 per hr for non-member. so might not be a good choice. what are the other choice we have? I have only been to bouncing kids.

bb-bao, wow... so fast 38wks. will sure love to see you at the playdate but u sure u will be ok?

talking about childcare, how do mummies here choose the center? what are the consideration or things we should look out for when choosing childcare center?

hihi!! *wave wave*

Wahh so happening!! So sad i can't make it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Have fun all of ya!!! Snap more pics!!

Yup, sad to say all indoor playground will be crowded on weekends. :-( Unless change timing to 7pm to 8pm at Gymboree harbourfront for the free play?

Hi all,

I m asking if cookie & monkey Kid's lounge @ Vivo can close the area for us. http://windowsfilm.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/cookie-monkey-kids-lounge-vivocity/ Anyone been there before? U can drop off yr kid at an hourly rate of $12. Min age is 2 yrs old. I already informed them that our toddlers r 13-14mths and we would like to stay inside with them, so best to close up the area for us. As their boss onli back on Sunday, can onli get back to me on monday. Shall keep u ladies posted. :)

babygi,

i am now looking around for playgroup (maybe hr daily) but i've called afew, its all child care centre (full day or half days)

Have to be near my place so that my MIL / helper can pick her up. Its hard to find!!

Is there even a 2hr daily playgroup available?

All that I've call are full day or half day childcare.

Julia Gabriel has 2x a week (1.5hr) but its not friendly hours... If i work flexi hours I will opt for that.

babygi,

I cant decide yet, playgroup or CC.

Mrs Teo,

Yes there's 2 hours playgroup for 18mths n above. My no 1 used to go to a montessori playgroup. Where u stay?

Sally,

I stay in potong pasir- B.O.R.I.N.G... nothing there at all. Maybe i shd ask the newly appointed MP to do something hor.. hehehe

Montessori sounds fun. but there are so many different branch / name - which is good??

I've signed my girl up for full day cc...starting to feel a bit 不舍 but the condition my boss allowed me to do part time for the past few months is that I go back full time once babe turns 18m.

But then think just stay w me or grandparents also quite boring sometimes. So hope she goes cc can learn things n make frens lor. Sounds like self-consolation ;p

Sheryl, none is helping. But we usually take her to baby pool, those that are shallow enough for her to walk, so it's still ok. And Thea loves to drink pool water. She will gulped it down and gives a satisfy smile while we look on horrified.

SN, I didn't know Vivo has such a place.

To think back there isn't really a place for moms to relax and kids to free play. Maybe we should open one. Cafe cum free play gym, near MRT and all things convenient for mummies like us.

Edie: i have the same idea as you.

Open a free play centre, with someone minding the kids, then mums can sit back and relax and chat, and maybe some simple facilities for mums to enjoy, like yoga, mini gym, etc..

eide, if you open a Cafe, employ me as a cook hor, I can cook baby foods haha

tinospora, understand your feeling, 不舍. But think other side, she can learn a lot of thing from school.

Child Care or Play Group> have to book early hor cause heard mostly on long waiting list one.

Mummies who are looking for toddler shoes, Mothercare now has 30% off See Kai Run ... original price $49.90, so after discount is about $35 per pair. They also have selected Pediped Original shoes at $38

Wow... so much on playgym.. i think we shd open one too! so many kids crowding at wkends!

I brought my boi to Sing gym on weekday.. haha.. he has the whole area to himself! and can play for 2 hrs for $18 but was knock out after 1hr+... dun tik they can really play for 2 hrs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

If mummies to arrange play date... must be a week day! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Also bought a pair of combi shoe during isetan sales last wkend[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Finally decent pair of walking shoe for my boi !

maggie mee, He's ok already. Lastv Friday after reach home I feed him medicine.

you know what happened or not? They feed my boy left over breakfast which made of cream cheese! No wonder he will vomitted loh. I told them before don't feed him left over breakfast because sometime I will use cheese or yogurt for his breakfast...

not sure turned sourish or not but suppose to feed him the cake roll ard 8:30am. The left over, they feed him ard 3pm bah. Heard from the care taker there, after he ate the cake roll, he started to vomit.

Playdate - Hi Mummies, I cant make it tis sat as Akiden is veri sick, went back to PD again tis morning and he is on neubiliser now, next PD review on thurs, but PD told me no going out for next one week, hence he got to be grounded at home. :-( I can co-ordinate for u all to go ahead with the playdate or you gals wan to change? Let me noe.

Mrs Teo,

Potong Pasir got good kindy lei and good school. :) Montessori many types, depend on what u looking for, whether u wan full montessori or mixed. U go source around yr area, n you let me noe the names, I usu noe the names more than the area of the school.

babygi, Montessori many types. Some they combined older kids together with younger kids. Some dun, combined according to the age. Both have pros n cons depending on yr child nature. Montessori is good for them to learn independently, as u learn at your own pace. But then not all montessori schools prepare the kid well for P1. Hence u need to access the school. The onli tip top Montessori that prepares the kid veri well for Primary school is Josiah in Simei. :) Too bad I dun live in tat area. If not, I will definitely enrol tat. As I know I wan my boy to go into a proper kindy for PN, N, K1 and K2., I onli need montessori playgroup for a short period of time to train his independence, motor skills n etc. Thus I did not go to the big ones. I choose the smaller scale one as I need the attention to be there. Hence I put my no 1 at tis montessori in Sin Ming where he took school bus there himself to n fro at 18mths. It is called Y'kidz Montessori. But their principal and some teachers have left and open another one in Toa Payoh called the Y'kidz Montessori @ Toa Payoh. Thus I might put there if I m going to sign up no 2 for Montessori Playgroup. I must go n check out the environment first before deciding. I think montessori does help Akinesh alot in various areas, hence he has no problem in adpating Kindy life and he was potty trained at 2 yrs 3 months. :)

Sally,

how u source? under the baby bonus website (approved institutions)?

Hey I heard that Josiah is good from my friend who puts his child in the one at Millenia. If I am not working, then i dun mind the travelling to bring my baby there everyday.

SN take care and hope Akiden recovers soon. Is he down with bronchitis? If still cannot recover after 1-2 weeks then maybe need to ask PD to give antibiotics ?

If he has cough with phlegm , maybe can try to make the Pear with Almond drink for him cos that's supposed to help dissolve phlegm, but must give for maybe 5-7 days to recover fully

I also can't make it this Sat

SN yuh there are some studies which indicate that honey is good for relieving cough, the study used Buckwheat Honey, which can't be found in SG i think, so I gave my boy Manuka Honey UMF 10. For honey, supposedly the darker the honey the better for coughs

You can try giving 1/2 or 1 teaspoon undiluted prior to bedtime if his night cough is an issue. But all this is provided Akiden is not allergic to honey

Hey girls, I think I cannot make it to the Playdate this Saturday...

Went for checkup today and Dr. told me I am 3cm dilated. Scary lah :\

So, better stay home and get ready haha.

- SN

- Evejol

- Michelle (maybe)

- edie

- mrs Teo (Vivy)

- mush

- pringles

- impulse41

- ChloeMum

Hi mummies, can share how you n hubby "come together" if your babe is still sleeping on same bed as you? Do u usu go another room while babe is asleep? Thx

Congrats bb-bao! Exciting times for you!!

bb-bao, congrats! so it will be anytime this wk? dont need to be scare lah. 2nd time parent, got experience liao. morgan will soon have a little bro to play with.

playdate, i dont think i will be able to make it for this sat playdate. sophie is down with cough and flu, so better to keep her away from the other bbs, in case she spread her virus ard.

SN, hope that Akiden will recover soon. very tiring for mummy when bb is sick. when they are sick they become sticky glue. feeding med is another big problem.

school, what is the different between Montessori and non-montessori? what kind of expectation should we have on the school? i tok we are just sending kids there to play, interact with the other kids. very confuse with all these lessons.

Mummies,

Thank you for the well wishes and great advises/tips. I am glad the neubiliser is working on him. No more puking since the using of neubiliser. N his appetite also picking. So relief. :)

- edie

- mrs Teo (Vivy)

- pringles

- impulse41

- ChloeMum

So how the above mummies? U gals wan to go ahead? Since onli a few, does anyone want to volunteer their home for this sat playdate?

Back