(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

Cherish

I think I noe which one is u but us aft the party!!! Wahahaha.. It's a pity tat I didn't come up and chat wif u lor! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Bbin

I think I will adopt the method of changing a feed by a day, increasing it gradually.. And then finally to Step 2! Thanks for the advice! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

apple,i total bf justin lei...not sure how much he drink cos i latch and seldom pump.but when im not around...he drinks from bottle arnd 50-100ml each time...

Angel/Happiness: yalor, tat time when Alfonse call daddy first.... i think someone said the person whom be called first must work harder!!! Till now, Alfonse still calls daddy when he's in a good mood but refuse to call me!

Whoofy, my HB bought the one with the yang sheng instead of ikan bilis. So u don't cook the brown rice powder, u just mix with ur warmed milk. Does the english instruction on the packaging asked u to boil the mixture? Cos the yang sheng one did, but the chinese instruction, just say mixed and serve, so I am so confused if I need to cook the powder or not?

Bbin / Angel / Lovie ...

Hahahaaa.. I wonder for those babies tat pop the teeth earli issit means they 贪吃 ??!! Am sure Jolie will be one !!! Hahaahaha

Jesline

How much is he drinking and at wat interval? I will feed Kiefer wif 3/4 tbsp of carrot and oso 2 tbsp of rice cereals mix wif water and in total he will have ard 10 scoops of food. Aft tat, I will feed him milk and usually he will finish ard 130ml to 150ml of milk. I will feed him 170ml of milk after 3 and a half hr. 1 hr before his next feed, I will feed him cereals and 1hr later feed him milk. He will have cereals for lunch and dinner..

I am getting a bit frantic with the feeding, cos now my bb drinks much earlier than 4 hrs,then waking up after 3am inthe night. Then, he is still getting ready for full cereal feed. My schedule with him a bit luan now.

Bbin

Hahaha.. We still got a long way to go tomorrow ya?!?!? Muahahahah *Wink Wink*

Whoofy

Aiyo, how I wish Kiefer's teeth will pop out soon! u dun noe how envious I am lor!

Jesline

I think we will feel messy at times coz at this stage where they are growing, their feeding pattern will change too! Dun panic and juz try to follow as closely as possible! Hehe..

As for changing the milk frm step 1 to 2..

I hav yet make the switch yet.. Cos for Mamex step 1 can drink till 12mths old.. Whereas Step 2 can start gradually frm 6mths onwards. However I read frm here tat a mommy wrote tat Pd advice to give baby step 1 as long as we can while we intro semi solid food.. So likely will switch step 2 when Jolie is abt 8-9mths at least.

Lovie, my son's name is Jing Feng btw. He used to be pretty happy with 5 feeds of 170ml-180ml at 4 hrly interval (The doctor at KK said that he is overweight and needs to watch his diet). But he is already starting to get hungry at 3 hrly interval now and waking up in the middle of the night.

How do u begin ur solid food routine? Do u immediately start with 2 tbs of rice cereal and the 3/4tbs of carrot right away? Or u let him try out for a week first at 1 tbs first, then slowly increase?

Whoofy

My PD oso advice me the same as wat u hav learnt lor. He told me to start him from Stage 2 as late as possible! *duh*

btw hor, u noe how to refresh a screen for iPhone when using Internet?

Jesline

Jing Feng might be having a growth spurt and tat's the reason why he's getting more hungry!

I feed him cereals for abt 1 nth before introducing carrots to him.

All along, I've been feeding him 2 tbsp of rice cereals and hav not increase..

As for carrots, I only start giving him last week and by right, I only intend to give him 3scoops of carrot.

But by left, I've been feeding him like 4/5 tbsp of carrots instead. Wahahahah..

Reason being, I tend to scoop 2 more scoops when I freeze it coz when I thaw it, I will try it and by havin more scoops enable him to still have 3 scoops of carrots instead of less than 3 scoops! Hehe..

Jesline...

Went to check out the instruction.. On the container, both English & Chinese the same instruction leh.. They hav picture for illustration too. Add Luke warm water (est.70degC) to the powder and mix well will do. Maybe u try take 1-2spoom and mix wif luke warm water first and see if it dissolve well and smooth. I din get the ginseng one cos my mom say tis one is more for 提神. She ask me to get 四神 for baby 开胃.

Lovie...

To refresh, jus tap on the top part if ur screen (the place tat shows the time / battery).. Den u will see the website address show up.. Jus tap on the 'circle arrow' icon .. Got it ??

No need to envy me.. Kiefer will sure to hav his teeth pop soon too !

Lovie, u are so precise. I will try cereal instead tomorrow. Sometimes, Jing Feng's so poor thing, when he still v hungry after the 2 tbs of the rice porridge. Mayb the porridge not filling enough.

Btw, how old and heavy is Kiefer now?

Whoofy

Wahahahaha.. Thks! I saw it! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jesline

Hmm.. I think Jing Feng is really poor thing coz hr gotta watch his weight at such a young age! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Cam imagine how terrible and hard it is for him!

Wanna eat but can't eat!

He weighs 6.745kgs, 62 cm at 19th weeks. He's now 27 weeks le..

Jesline: Try rice cereal or any 1st food for at least 4 days before u intro another food so that u can identify the food if ur son has any allergic reactions. how old's ur boy btw? 180mls every 4 hrs sounds reasonable.. nt sure if he wakes up in the night is cos of hunger. could it be other reasons? Now i only give my boy 1 semi-solid feed a day. n it's more like for fun, for him to learn hw to eat from spoon n nt to fill him up. I give the feed after his noon milk feed. usually give abt 2 tablespoons (amt is after mixing with milk). Hope this helps. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lovie: Haha.. y u so eager to have Kiefer's tooth come out??

Whoofy, Bbin: woah ur LOs teeth appeared so fast. Do u clean the teeth daily? How do u clean?

Jesline: Forgot to mention, if the cereal has Yang Sheng, then will make baby more alert, like what Whoofy said. so try nt to give in the late afternoon or evening, else can't slp.

Whoofy,

You can feel and see the 2 teeth from jolie's gum already? I can see white spots on estovan's gum but still can't feel or see the actual teeth coming out. He has been pooing more often these few days. Usually, 1 or 2 times a day but these few days about 3 to 4 times and usually very sticky. He will also suddeny cry when he's latching half way. Not sure whether his teeth coming out soon.

Jesline,

It's important to try introducing new food to your baby using the 4 day rule, especially the puree cos you won't know whether he's allergic to any food.

I introduce puree to my boy since 2 weeks ago. He's fine with pumpkin and sweet potato but is allergic to apple and butternut pumpkin. He developed rashes and vomited. So now Pd advise to stop all purees and just stick to cereal only. I let him try happybellies brown rice but he doesn't like it. As I find happybellies very sweet, I rather let him stick to bellamys baby rice which he likes. I have been giving him about 8 big heaps of his pigeon weaning spoon in each of his 2 feeds a day. I will mix with about 40ml warm bm. Will introduce the bellamys porridge to him maybe in 2 weeks time cos it contains wheat which has gluten. My pd says have to be extra careful in introducing food to baby especially if you know that they have eczema or prone to have allergy.

My boy's schedule is as follows:

7.30am - latch

9am - latch and nap

11am - feed cereal

12pm - latch and nap

3pm - latch and nap

6pm - feed cereal

7pm - latch and nap

10pm - latch and sleep

3/4am - dreamfeed

My boy used to sleep at 7pm and dreamfeed at 10/11pm and 3/4am bur recently will wake up around 8plus pm cos he knows his daddy is back at that time. He will wait to play with his daddy until we have to pretend to lights out and sleep around 10pm.

Lovie,

Can kiefer wear the diapers I passed to you?

Tammy,

Think I saw you at the car park when I was leaving at the gathering. Didn't manage to meet you.

G'morning mummies,

Just want to check how heavy is your dd/ds? Mine only weighs 6.6kg at 6 months old. Born 2.645kg 49cm. Total bf still. Going to start cereal today.

Sorry to disturb,

I have 3packet S size(46pcs), Petpet pampers to sell (Ntuc abt 7.95)

5packets M size (84pcs) (Ntuc abt 18.15)

Self collect at admiralty Link please and I be around everyday-Call me or sms 93621700 for fast deal

All unopened- Price negotiable, just sms me with reasonable value please.

Marchblossom,my ds weighs 10.8kg at 6mths 6days old,birth weight is 3.65kg.

He's also tbf,started cereal at arnd 5mths,think as long as they double their birth weight

Then shld be normal.

Good morning mummies,

It is a working day again! Caught flu this morning ... Sigh

Whoofy: Thx for helping me to bring the clothes to my place.

I tried the si sen ikan bilis cereal and Chloe has poo for 4 times the next day so I decided to stop giving her...

Morning mommies...

It's back to work again... Wat a nice weather to sleep lor...

Cloh :

Most welcome.. We r on the way home anyway.. My sis staying at block 75A.. so we r very familiar wif tis estate.. ahhaha

As for Chloe's poo poo after having the si sen.. Did u take note how's the texture of the poo like ? If it's watery den yes, it's good to stop givin her.. But if it's like normal sticky paste like & Chloe dun seem to be cranky wif tummyache.. it shld be ok leh.. cos si sen is to help baby increase their appetitte, indirectly is to increase their metalbolism rate..

My newphew used to poo each time after feeding..

bryest: you are still BF? wow, when do you intend to BF until?

Tam: i saw this mouth/teeth-cleaning thing you can buy at Guardian, but my mom cleans aden's mouth and teeth everyday with a soft clot dipped in warm water with a bit of salt - so far his mouth is very clean!

morning mummies!!

lovie,

yeah... 'long long' day today....

gyan,

welcome back! wah, always go gai gai ah...

re: changing to step 2,

change coz step 1 ex lei.. more siong if 'prolong' use... hehehe...

Tira,

I'm still on total breastfeed. Wanted to introduce fm to him but he has allergy so pd says not to introduce him any new food till next week.

Bbin :

hahahhaa.. yes.. totally agree.. Step 1 damn ex !! Tats why me buying the milk powder frm Msia liaoz.. hahahahahaha Cheap cheap cheap cheap..

hi mummies!

i also went to check with PD about step 2. cos my colleague also mention to delay. but my PD encourage leh. Do you know the reason why? she mentioned overall step 2 has lower nutrition, but cos bb is taking semi-solids, they will still receive natural nutrients from the food. but when i compare tin to tin, like calcium is higher than step 1. so a bit confused. She said to switch to step 2 is to replace 1 feed with step 2 over 5 days. can anyone share what your PD says?

Freesia : Kyden call "mummy" 1st? Lucky u!!! I super jealous when Cherish call daddy. N u knw what.. she did it again when daddy carry her last nite... she says "da dee" and look at her daddy and smile... arrghhh... then i keep asking her says mummy she gave me a blank look...

Kath : Ahhh i was looking forward to see u... haa Gor Gor jump into pool ar... he loves swimming?

Angel : ahhaha Cherish ang yr little girl's band only have drummer hahaha... Oh rope in ZX lor. she was "ahhhh ahhhAHHHHH" away in the car... maybe she can be singer... wahahaha... Bbin... How can anot?

Whoofy : Careful!! Dun belittle the two little teeth.. I kena bite from Cherish on my finger a few times... got once my finger bled... Congrats Jolie!!! On yr two little teeth...

Lovie : Aiya.... i also reaise u sitting behind me only when I saw the pics... Wan to showoff my pui bak to u mah... wahahahaha...

Bbin : Oh i see... cos the abott nutritionist call me abt the step 2 samples... she told me to start "After 6 months"... so I am still feeding her stage 1 lor... but she dun drink alot of fm anyway... only 2 bottles a day...

Back