(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

Serene : Ohh.. But don't know who is the popular ones as don't even know who are they! Any idea or place i could check on?

For names, i just now that whatever names parents have like JIA LING, daughter/son cannot have the same name or even word, JIA or LING..

someone pass to me this list.. for your referenc

This was the lady i used very good. Mdm Rokiah - 92716091 $538 for 7 sessions

----------(copied)----------

Mdm Sadiah - 97724579 $50/session

Mdm Nadia - 81004091 $400 for 7 sessions

Mdm Mona - 90260085 $32/hr

Hannah Wong (trained doula) - 96319557

Liza - 94342836 $450 for 7 sessions

Rozie - 91846531 $400 for 7 sessions

Mdm Naini 94562817 (MP) 62190062

[Zoe Tay uses her]

1st to 5th day: Massage & Binding with herbs; 6th day: Sliming. Package: $450

Mum-to-be has to provide Naini the following:#61622; Must sms height & Weight before pregnant

#61622; Sms height & Weight during pregnancy

#61622; Sms height & Weight before due

Mdm Fauziah 91993324 (MP)

$390 for 7 sections @ AMK (1hr)

*charges depending on where you are stay

[Mdm Fauziah staying at Marsiling]

Mdm Hamidah 68937953

$60 per section (1 hr plus) x 7 days

Hamidah stays @ Chua Chua Kang

Mdm Rohaya 94506374

$490 for 7 Sections

Mdm Rohaya 93863019

$380 for 7 sections

She also massage for baby

Mdm Noor 90048804

$45 per section (2hr)

Suggested do 5 day first; then once a week

Christine : dun know leh.. only 1 family member luck is worth taking away. and so far, that person never see fortune until we met this master. :p

whoofyJO : CL so expensive.. did they give you an estimate on the food and other expenses ? lucky my mother doing for me.. and i going to get catering..

Maybe you shld standby catering also.. for the CNY period.. just in case, no cl still got food.. :p

jgal: wahseh!solid ar you...got research de leh...thanks,..will leech on your info... mp means marine parade?

whoofy: $2150+ for the CNY period still consider okay right?isit the woodlands side CL agency?where the Cl all malaysian?thinking of them too..thanks..then if one week before or one week past EDD den no CL? den paid already how?

my girl's name is tiara lim wanrou.she come out le den the elders will go count see if can use wanrou anot...but tiara is quite fixed...

Jgal : bo bianz.. done some homework.. PEM package is the cheapest liaoz.. Had tried calling a few pte ones.. even more ex..

Food expenses I'm not sure.. Cl will cook watever ingredients we buy. Have also consider getting a full time maid + catering.. but drop the idea since it's my 1st bb and I hav no experiences.. Best to get someone experienced to teach me..

My MIL works in a coffeeshop jus beisde the wet market, so will likely to ask her help to get ingredients lor...

hunnymummy : Yes, it's the one at Woodlands. If u seriously wanna consider PEM, must call them fast.. as u knoe, our due is during CNY.. not all of their nannies will be working. So they have limited available nannies to allocated. One of the main reason why I chose to engage CL frm agent is also to reduce the risk of pte CL no-show suddenly, esp during CNY... heard a few bad stories liaoz.. so scare lah..

but stillthe d-day can be anytime 2 weeks plus minus from the EDD den if not within the window period that the CL is available for you den how?got refund?

hunnymom : yes.. can used CITI bank credit card to pay thru instalment.. think 6mths or 12mths..

Going home liaoz.. bye

no refund.. jus hav to hang in there till 19 Feb for the CL to come..

So.. hav prepare to ask my mom to stand in during those days when CL not here yet lor..

But it's not easy cos my mom currently lookin after my nephew, so also must tell my sis to coordinate and take leave..

whoofy: I have already thought of the name is it's likely confirmed...

bbin2010: I'll be there! Will probably reach at 10am.

jgal: Thanks for the list! It's really useful!

event at 10am rite?? wah hunny, really early lei... to reach @ 9am...

portia, any idea hw the programme gg to be like? or isit like alot of 'stalls' there... if not the whole event is from 10am to 5pm... such long hrs...

hw are we gg to 'identify' each other ah?

Hi All,

Why pay more for the Car Insurance when we can save the monies to buy pretty clothes for our kids / Lot of toys / BEST milk powder in town / send them to the MOST reputable Montessori / bring your kids for holiday / pamper yourself with branded stuffs.....and many more.

Car insurance have to be renewed every year, as with most car owners, we do not have the time to approach each and every car insurer for quotations, not to mention going through the fine prints in detail and comparing plans.

Most of us end up renewing our car insurance with the existing insurer and not knowing that we might be paying $200 - $500 more...

By comparing quotations from all 10 Singapore Motor Insurers, we will do a FREE comparison for you with all motor insurance companies in Singapore...insurers that you heard often as well as others that you have not.

For more information, please email to me [email protected] for a NO OBLIGATION FREE QUOTE.

Jgal : no choice lor.. risk also hv to take.. CL coming late is better den dun hav..

Actually I can still afford to tahan if bb comes 1wk early, which means on 14 Feb (CNY Day 1).. Den hospital stay 3 days, discharge on 17 Feb.. So nett nett jus need to tahan for 2 days den CL will arrive..

Christine: Thanks for your reply. I dun think i still have enough time to go for 8 sessions of massages before my 8th month. Do they 'sell' the massage individually?

MTBs: Since u ladies were talking about confinement, does anyone mommies have any confinement to-do/not-to-do list? Cos this is my first baby but not intending to employ a CL as its CNY period (too exp). Both mum and MIL also not free to do confinement for me. Thus, hubby will take leave and take care of us! Haha.

hi Kacey

I'm also expecting my 1st bb.. dun hv any experience. Some usual duns like cannot bat or wash hair, no direct blowing of fan, must weat socks & slippers thru out..

During first 14 days after delivery, do not need to "bu".. Jus focus on cleaning our blood clots.. So most of the food u eat, remember to put black fungus as it's a very effective in clearing blood clots. Also cannot drink plain water.. can only drink the red date longan tea..

If u realli wann bath, do ask the chinese medical hall to pack for u the herbs tat we must use during bathing...

tis is all I knoe liaoz.. will share more when I gather more info..

Jgal: Where are u ordering your confinement food from? Do they work during the CNY period? How much?

Okie, so these are the mummies attending the Sat talk:

Freesia

Bbin

Portia

Whoofy

Hunny

I can only recognise Bbin... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

whoofy: Thank you for your reply. =)

we can still on air-con rite? my mum keep insisting that we shd not even on the air-con. =( when u say 'bu' after 14 days, what must we eat?

Oh and talking about that, u taking bird's nest? I've got a fren who just gave birth and she took bird's nests 4-5 times a week (during pregnancy). Any guideline how often we shd take? Cos 4-5 times abit too much rite? But her baby really born quite fair wo.. hmm.. sorry for drifting my topic.. oppzz..

woah~~ so many posts todae yar? hehee~

sian... after meeting still got things to do, OT till ard 8.30pm den had late dinner..keep saying soli to bb, mummy munch bread 1st hor..? yawning now..lazy now to go pom pom (bath).. yawnzz

hunnymum>> NUK teats? should fit ur pigeon bottles. my hubby tried interchange them, they fit. cos now got both of these brand bottles. anyway both can fit the pigeon steriliser, juz the Nuk glass big bottle too tall, even if take out the top tray can't fit well. the top tray need to put for teats, btw. ;)

anyway good thing i bought from robinsons, they can exchange, so i change to nuk tall plastic bottle, the pics more cute too~ haha~

i_shy> wo... u fell? better go c doc & chk chk. dunno tast kind of impact will affect ur placenta place or wat leh? ask gyena scan & chk.

preggie need calcium more wor & our bones tend to b more fragile. & my back keep aching lor..juz paste salon pas during meeting lor.. u Tk care yar! Go rub chinese oil on ur ankle or c chinese sinseh rub for u..

btw we same Edd leh..haha :D

apple> RL clothes is on the way.. tink ard 2wks time bah?

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

btw where u stay ah?

most likely i feel like go amanda hse & self collect, den later on maybe can pass to u?

i stay amk, work-jurong, mum stay at yishun ( i go back on suns)

Freesia : getting from natal essential.. http://www.natalessentials.com/

they also dun cater for the CNY [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] just checked.. but okay lah.. at least only need to buy 3 days worth of food , no so bad. my mother can cook for me.

Kacey : think depends on the "health" of the mummie.. cos' i heard bird's nest can be quite cooling to take often..

Freesia & bbin, I am attending the cordlife seminar as well. I have just signed up the 10yr package yesterday. From my understanding, the talk will start at 1pm. 10am to 1pm is likely to be early bird registration, bazaar etc...

Kacey, there is no rule for taking birdnest. I do know a birdnest supplier from Sarawak, she takes birdnest everyday, her skin very very good. For me, I am taking home brewed birdnest once a week, dong cong cao once a week.

Jgal: Which massage lady can you recommend??

Angel: Oh, can't wait to receive my baby dress. Haha. Erm, my mum also live in yishun, i will be back every sunday for dinner.

morning mummies....

another sian work day!

lois,

if talk really starts @ 1pm, then i may not reach there so early liao lei... skali very fast finish with the 'stalls'... den notin to do there liao...

apple: u have tp sing online which is the better promotion now. then bring the registered document to the seminar to make payment/sign contract/collect kit. today last day offer for online star package.

my hubby actually consider 21 years plan. one time pay all. then no need think for the next 21 years. so sat go down see how

kacey : air con is ok.. fan definitely no no..

as for after 14days wat we shld eat, I'm reali not sure.. But I guess any dishes we eat must hav ginger in it bah. Also may add some liqor like (D.O.M) in it. There's also some herbal soup which we shld drink to build back our health. Since ur hubby will be in charge, I suggest u both make a trip to a reliable chinese medical hall, buy the herbs for bathing (they will do individual day packing) and also ask them wat are the herbal soup u can drink during confinement.. usually the soup is boil wif chicken or pork ribs..

Last wk, I watched the Changing Life frm CNA, I was surprise to hear from the gyane tat nursing moms shld avoid eating "windy" food to prevent baby frm having colic.. and one of the vege was actually brocolli !!!

As for birdnest.. yes, I'm currently taking it once a wk.. I take those ready bottles from Yu Ren Sheng and Ma Biao lor.. No time to brew it myself leh.. also dunno how to.. hahaha

Whoofy: According to my mum, air con definately cannot, fan also cannot. But fan dun directly blow to you, maybe face to wall..

apple_gal.. then hospital aircon leh ? i think as longa s dun blow direct shld be okay lah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mico & apple : I also hear frm frens .. fan is wind.. so no good for us.. air con is ok..

Also watched the Changing Life last wk, the gyane says all these myths of no bathing etc is becos last time the living conditions are no good. They hav to use well water which can contain bacterias & germs. So mom will fall sick easily if the bathe.. but now, we living in modern world wif clean & hot water direct frm out tap.. it's ok to bath. And considering our humid weather, very hard to tahan w/o fan nor air con..

one method which my boss taught me was.. if we can't sleep w/o aircon and yet worry abt the after effects.. Turn on the aircon 2hrs before we go sleep.. set the OFF timer.. so when we sleep at least the room is cool down liao. =P

Back