(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

Smalldreams, lazy to chew at 5 yr old???? Must b Kunda skinny to b lazy on eating, i was nvr lazy on eating, hence my size, wahaha!

megan>your place not too far from smalldreams, ya? maybe both of you can combine purchase so can definitely meet the min order of $200 for free delivery?

firipy>ayden09 also on friso? I thought he was taking dumex.

smalldreams> Yeah, promo for Drypantz ends today. Actually, most Guardian out of stock, but if you bring the diaper wrapper and make payment, you can collect the stock later... hehe, that's what i did today with another colleague! No storage problem, use theirs! Haha!

Reading your posts and lil A destroying Adam's train tracks, this is exactly what happens to lil L destroying Luis' creations! Everytime and all the time...not only the train tracks, including Lego bricks, MegaBloks, etc. Luis will always shout out "Help, can you please send him away?"

OMG, 5 yr old still on porridge...so this kid basically dun eat anything else then...Lucas stopped taking porridge since 9 months old liao...He seems to be sick of rice too, so now we give him everything, kway teow, mee sua, bee hoon or noodle (chopped). Everything and anything we eat lah...

firipy> haha! Like what you posted...I enjoy eating too, hence my size too!! haha! Life is short, enjoy!

Firipy & Luvbabe

Same here. I love food. Just ate 2 donuts. not even expressing milk anymore summore. no wonder so 'slim', lol.

haha can imagine luis' exasperations. I remember that you mention that before. but i'm sure he loves lucas very much [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

TYL

alamak, cannot lah. I'm not a fan of bulk purchase really. I buy one at a time one...from any stores with special offers :D

Re : Shooshoos

anyone keen?

http://shooshoosusa.com/products.php?cPath=51

I'll get a pair. So nice lah. Can't resist.

tam L,

Is R still drinking milk from the bottle? Was reading gina ford on weaning them off the bottle by 15 months as it will be more difficult after that as they'll grow an attachment to it. And also how it might relate to food fussyness in future. For the moment, I think Nat's ratio of solids to milk is still quite acceptable and I dun intend to drop her milk intake unless I find that it affects her solids. But I was wondering if I should actually drop her off the bottle now or wait till she decides she wants lesser milk and eventually just do away with the bottle and offer her from a cup when she's ready. Just like Nat and her pacifier, I wanna wait till she's at the age where I can reason with her, then I'll stop her from it.

At the moment, she's using it for sleeping.

smalldreams - Me here lah. Just that had a busy day coz' I brought Nat for her music class this morning and then afternoon I took her to the playground. Plus these days, when she naps, I'll need to catch up on my korean dramas. Hhahahahaha.

smalldreams> Yeah, Luis still loves Lucas very much but I am quite wary that his patience is really running low these days and Lucas is getting more and more mischievous, always wanting to do what Luis is doing. When they are involved in fights, it will always be Lucas who will win, coz he shouts and screams the loudest! Nowadays, at times, Lucas will also hit Luis with something in his hands and most often, Luis is quite slow to dodge. Sometimes, I really pity Luis.

Hehe, talking about food...I just ate bread with red bean too! Guilty!!!

jessie,

You know, in some ways, I am quite like you. I let Nat play around in the house. I'll keep some rooms closed and let her play in the 'safe' area. I think it's alright to let her get involved with the things in the house to encourage her to explore, just as long as they're safe to play with. Yay for Arwen ... it's gonna be fun for next week's playdate when the kids start walking around. Hhahahaa.

You know now, Nat uses her little tikes walker as a real shopping cart, puts the things inside and then moves around with it. About spring clothings, I have no excuses to go shopping because that day when I was unpacking her clothes, I realized she has A LOT for spring and summer ... so no excuses for me to go shopping. Hhahaha. Plus I also bought quite a bit when in Singapore. :p

firipy, smalldreams, luvbabe

talking about eating, its my hobby too. Like to snack and also eat junk food like no body business...hee

luvbabe

ahahaha maybe luis is more good natured & matured mah...big brother :p

Furby

Ohhh I'm a snack queen. So terrible.

Anyway it's freezing & i'm still in office. better get out of here. Chat again soon!

Tyl, A09 likes friso better, we let him try the friso sample n since he likes we jus change it. My cousin said she let her galsdrink brand on offer after 1 yr old..... I still dun dare to try that

Sigh today Arwen dun want to walk again, she is so lazy but at least yesterday she made my MIL very happy.

Today brought her to the Underwater world here and she is super happy and keep wanting to go in to open tanks! I literally have to pry her strong hands off the tank. So cute also lah, seeing how she will blabber to the fish.

Today again she can use the spoon and put the food we place on it to her mouth. She cannot scoop yet cos the spoon is quite small. First instinct for me was to go buy those nice designer baby bowls and spoons but then I thought, really what is the point? I meant she have to use real spoon and normal bowl anyways right?

As for clothes and whatever, really I sian liao. Now just cheap reasonable price clothes and shoes and toys. Cos so sick of buying top end and then 2 months later cannot wear liao. I guess the next kid I have really will be even more ching cai!

CYang: I love how energetic Renee is. She is such a go getter and such intelligent eyes. I bet she is going to be a very streetwise and high EQ girl next time! Surprised to hear she got SA. But I guess in the end, they are still babies eh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lamb: Yah, I think I really prefer Arwen to play with real things in the house than toys. Was fun watching her chewing an onion strip or frowning for a long time at the texture of a rambutan!

Milk ah.. I am such a kiasu mummy, still refuse to wean her off the 10 pm feed. Still so scare she will be hungry . Maybe really must do it soon eh. Sometimes I am a little sad she is growing up so fast cos I miss just craddling her at night but also amaze that everyday she just greet each day with such excitement in her eyes and can't wait to explore everyday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

smalldreams,

Really? By 1 can tell their personality? Oh man ... then I'm in for a handful!!! You know, after reading the mommies' posts here ... I sometimes feel that I can't quite read Nat's mind very well. As in, I dunno what she's up to. Somedays, she can really roam around the house on her own, somedays, she can be clingy onto me.

She isn't like the other kids, who indicate their interests strongly. She can be rather unfathomable sometimes. Very much in her world of her own and she does some rather funny things like how she'd enjoy scrutinizing things and slowly try to remove them etc.

c yang,

Yeah, SA can be quite a handful. Nat went through that at 7 to 8 months and I am praying really hard it won't come back again .... coz' I really appreciate her time being on her own etc. It's good that Renee knows her boundaries coz' we do that for Nat too. My helper also helps reinforces that when she's working in the kitchen or bathroom and kaypo Nat just wants to follow her, she'll tell Nat NO, it's dangerous. So now Nat knows 不可以 is NO. Hhahaa.

Nat's not good with shape sorters. Even with block stacking, only 2 cubes at best. I'm currently guiding her with those pressing and pushing things to train her fine motor skills. But what I really wanna expose her more of is social skills. Coz' I think she thrives best in peer learning.

Hey Megan I was also gonna ask how come all feeding Friso 3 when I thought friso 2 was till 18 mths. Think I can start on 3 n stock up now since on offer. Now giant n guardian have promo for friso 3 &4.

On table food: I still cook my boy's meals separately n yday he ate our adult pasta without the sauce. Ive been using processed cheese since 9 mths. I thought the block cheeses r not advisable ? Anyway my boy eats anything n everything. sometimes when we r out for dinner n he finish his happy bellies puffs he will want more. He end up shout "mum mum"

very loudly whenever he wants to eat. Very embarrassing. So

end up we feed him bits of rice or potatoes, fish without

grAvy kind. I have frens who cook separate meals for their kids till 4 yrs old! I dun think I am so hardworking!

Someone mentioned their LOs waking up nightly? My boy has been doing tat for a mth! He used to sleep thruout all along n now he only want sleep with us on our bed after the

night wakes. Am so tired plus worry he will fall off bed again. Anyone experiencing tat?

Hi mummies,

not alot of time to chat during work..its going to be madness for me till mid april....so drowning...

about FM,

me haf stock up ALOT of friso 2 during last yr guardian promo...and is still buying 2-4 tins a month from forum mummies under WTS...coz can drink till 18 months...T3 is drinking 1 900g every 5 days...its scary!!...

T2 used to be on friso 3..it has a nice vanilla smell...but after dat i changed him to cheapo milk..hahaha T1 also drink Neslac since 2.5yo...and juz this year, she stop taking milk altogether...self wean..

bareshoes,

have placed order for mummies who ordered...expect to reach latest monday...

walking,

T3 dun wan to be carried anymore...he juz walked & walked in his v ugly hand down disney shoes..but he seemed happy...

maid called earlier at 8pm and said he bump into a "toy" and eyes hurt like mad...rush home..he was OK..but the lower lid inside is still bloody..but cannot be washed away...super heartpain..though he dun seemed to be bothered...

jessie, lamb

T3 recieved a gift from SIL...damn cool...this vtech shapesorter..that makes alot of noise..like telling the shapes & colour..i reckon its v pricey..but he or maid lost 2 of the shapes..damn pissed off...should be lying somewhere in the house...but she's juz lazy to search...v irritated, so I wun bear to part wif money to buy expensive toys too!...he loves to play wif it...but always get the shape wrong..

smalldreams, luvbabe,

i bought 2+2 drypants too!..2L + 2 XL, hahahah think drypants cutting slightly smaller...but i haf an issue wif diaper pants when they poo..the shit seems to leak out...but can contain the urine v well...

hey mummies,

do u all noe where i can get the sophie giraffe at $39.90 - muy MIL at 1st disapprove cos animal blah..blah..etc not gd for BB but now joey teething with more teeth coming our she bite her fingers until wif red mark n refuse those teething toys..cake sim...

or is there other methos to ease the discomfort of teething ? i alredi tried dentinox etc..

I am proud to announce the launch of my new online boutique for baby wear, Little Pepo @ http://little.pepoapparels.com/

* Pepo Apparels is a homegrown fashion company that specializes in the creation of unique adult and children apparel.

* All designs are painstakingly created by us and we oversee every step of the production to make sure that what you get is the best.

* Personalisation in the form of intricate embroidery to emphasise your ownership of our apparel.

* Free Delivery to your doorstep for a limited period only.

You can also visit us at our Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Little-Pepo/154745854546654 (Do remember to "Like" if you feel it deserves your Like)

furby, it doesnt show on u that u love food alot lo hahha, so blessed, somemore mum of 3!

smalldreams/luvbabe, I have been constantly buying clothes cos I m too big for my clothes,gosh! I spend alot of energy by chasing A ard but I make up the energy wasted with chips/ice cream etc!

fatbabe, i only dare to let A wear diaper pants of he ald poop earlier. I kanna a few times where his poop spill out all over esp when its super soft ones. If constipate kind of poop then its ok. But drypantz is very gd compared to the mamypoko yellow pack kind, that one A wear always turn into diaper thongs instead of pants, hahaha! T3 so milk monster, I m kinda gian to let A drink those normal milk oso like Nespray/Dugro. I hate milk, so to me milk r all same...gross , I wish I drank more milk tho cos I can ald feel the lack of calcium

koonie, my boy tho got alot of teeth growing out nw, he refuse to chew any of his teether including sophie n gang ( the name is dunno what Chan). I tink its abit bo hua nw to buy for Joey wor,I tink hard roll like french loaf does the job as a teether as well.

koonie> try giving teething rusks...my boy oso bite his fingers so i gave him a stick n he can bite n grind..my SIL bough a few boxes of Bellamy's teething rusk n i find it better than Heinz's. Oh if tis is the 1st time yr LO take teething rusks, u might need to hold it for them..

my boy is probably is the most mischievious toddler here..

he can sleep ard 11-12mn..he is super active super noti..whenever i said NO he will start yelling n kick his legs..he will scold me back by talking angrily n pull my legs n start to bite me..i realise tat he will onli do it to those he recognise, eg, my family members n his daddy..

He will run ard the hse madly to play hide n seek,hide behind the door n furniture n close the playyard gate so i cannot catch him back..i hve never seen a toddler plays so madly! Maybe he feels bored becos there is onli me during the day n he is so restless at home n the dozens of toys can't keep him fully occupied..he practically pull my hand frm kitchen n want me to follow him to the Hall so i can watch BabyTV wif him...the moment i go elsewhere, eg, Loo, Kitchen, Yard, Bedroom, he will follow closely..my boy has become my shadow..talking abt havin no.2 is a nitemare at the moment..

mamaD, long time no see. Ur boy is like mine leh!!! He slp ard 11 n some horrible days like jus nw at 1145 then zonked out! He oso pull my hands but its to the main door or to the dvd player to on his barney/hi-5/thomas dvd. Or shove controller to me to change channel! He play rough oso till i kanna blueblack n ulcers but he dun bite us la. He will throw tantrums by slamming his legs on the floor when lying down or stamp feet

I m suppose to slp early tdy but dunno y cant slp

Flirpy /mamad,

Had bought the sophie giraffe liao Bcos hubby can't stand her drooling n biting her fingers..we do buy her those rusk biscuits but mil taking care of her so bo bian old pp.thinking is very heaty..Bah Bah...etc.

Wow...my girl also sleep late now 11+pm cos she nap twice.a day 2 hrs each or once which last frm 1~4pm ;p so I muz drink coffee when bring her bk

Jus read all post!!!

Babe, Poor T3 hope he is fine. Better check & ensure blood clot goes away this few days.

Koonie, Letty is drooling lots too & keep putting her fingers into her mouth but she doesnt wanna use sophie anymore.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Her sophie is white colour now!!

Smalldreams

Yesterday lunch time went K Palace to see shoes. Managed to grab a pair of no brand soft shoes for xyii.

She is so happy and amused wearing it today.

Will outgrow very fast, so for me its like 'buy and dispose' concept.

Diapers

I have been using housebrands like No frills (S&S), ntuc, drypers, don't fancy any branded ones. So far no problem whatsoever. For me its not so much of how powerful the diaper is, as long as we practise good habit of changing regularly and wash bum bum. Don't have time or really bother abt sales as housebrand already so cheap in long run.

I am also happy with xyii wearing hand-me-downs. In fact, i have some new branded clothes given as gift i also never let her wear. Will just give away.

I mean there are so many ways to save $ (and use it for other things) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re : Diapers

Furby : actually like u I also hv been costs & using NTUC brand for a while as my MIL will surely change diapers every 2hrs no matter wat brand so everyday she sure uses lots of diapers.

Bb only wear gd diapers when she sleep - pampers at nite....;p

I did buy 2 packs of the cheaper Mamy Poko pants for her to try thou.....;p

Drypers diapers & drypantz I bought in the recent guardian sale....;p

Bb can use 4 big jumbo packs of diapers per mth (54pcs/pack) so like very siong so hv to cut cost to buy cheaper brand....;p

cy : heee....my bb sophie also white already....my bb not wanting her sophie since a few mths already....she prefer hard stuff to bite like plastic cover/toys....but sometimes I still gv her sophie to 'play'....;p

C Yang:

Aly's been waking up like 2-3 times/night for the past 2-3 wks? Initial 1st wk we thought it was teething but after her upper molars have cut thru, she was still like that. Then we attributed it to SA again cuz if one of us sleeps with her in the single bed next to her cot after 1am, she will continue sleeping thru. I dunno how long this bout of SA is going to last but i sure hope it wont be more than 1mth!

Like Renee, Aly's a big fan of signing, pointing & imitating! She still cant quite handle the shape sorter...still putting in the wrong shapes into the wrong holes and only occasionally getting them right by fluke. But she can stack 2 cubes together though i thot this was suposed to be after shape sorter and stacker ring but oh well...as long as she's happy entertaining herself, i dun really bother.

Regarding forbidden boundaries, we draw a clear line for bathrooms and kitchen. She used to stop in front of both places in the past cuz there's a step between the dining room & kitchen. But ever since she figured out how to climb steps using rail/wall as support, she knows NO boundaries! Still reinforcing the idea of boundaries to her, hopefully will sink in!

furby> Yeah, agree with firipy that you don't look like a snack queen coz you are still so slim after 3 kids!

smalldreams> Yeah, Luis is quite good natured and very matured for his age but hor, dunno pantang or what...better not praise him too much coz recently, he seems to be running out of patience too and is at that age where he would question us on things and bargain more time with us to do his own stuff, etc....

Jessie> Good that Arwen had made your MIL's day! Kids these days can do wonders to make people happy...Everyday, when I reach home, Lucas would always run towards the gate and yelled "mamamamama" till I carry him which also melted me....haha!

fatbabe> Eh, I damn super kiasu lor. With the recent pull-up pants promo from Guardian (Drypantz) and NTUC (Mamy Poko value pants), I also bought quite a lot but managed to sell my Pampers Active diapers to my colleague whose daughter also have expensive butt...can only wear Pampers nia...

Update more later...gotta run to a meeting now!

firipy> my boy nap onli once a day for 2-3hrs n he can stay active for 6-7hrs..i tried my best to let him zzz ard 9pm but still end up 11pm. He slept at 1230am on tuesday n i'm gg nuts! told myself patience patience or let him scream in his cot but i heart pain when he started coughing non-stop after yelling..he is such a 'challenging' toddler..my mum said we r so 'quai' never need much coaching in zzz dunno y tis boy so active..must b DH's genes..

abt drinking plain water, my boy can drink close to 400ml..maybe he is on Zaditen n other medications tat is sweet bah..there was once he drank 400ml within 5mins..tat day he was a 'plain water monster'

went to Igenious last sunday n the teacher said try not to say Don't want or No as kids will learn...oops..i hve been saying tat all the time..

mamaD>pwah, I will go crazy if ayden sleeps so late.

enjoy your kopi. my hubby really likes Tully's so I got 1 of the voucher since its quite good value. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Luvbabe

Wow, u're like a diaper re-seller. Heheh.

MamaD

Why is yr son on so much meds? I hope he gets well soon.

And yes yr boy does sleep very late. Anyway of going to bed by 9 pm? Just roll around in the dark. Push his bed time earlier. if not, very xiong leh.

Megan

sleep also very important to me. but A doesn't seem to get that. She wakes up to latch.

megan> tat is y i can't look for a job...i am so so sleep deprived during tat 1 yr..onli recently i stopped BF then i hve more time to rest..

YL> aiyoh left wif kopi-o..mix sme fresh milk..sip sip..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

the gulliver's travel by jack black? it's quite funny. but think our babies too young to understd. hee.

melissa, tyl> i gg back to work in apr. can do playdate in mar hols or end mar. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

megan> the luvbabies website actually have 3 physical shops in the west. so shd b trustworthy ba. i also need to start buying FM liaoz. cant convince my hb to give fresh milk. :p

smalldreams> i dun understand y he so active..we stopped all activities n zzz in dark, but he can roll, kick, scream leh...i put him latest by 10pm but he still like tat..then u knw i started surfing on Autism kids as i really give up..becos Autism kids like to scream mah...he has chronic cough for months n PD suspect got mild asthma so gave him quite a few medications...hve to review again..last nite he coughed till he woke up..

mamad : is yr bb having flu/blocked nose/rash/allergy ?

Ha.....my bb dun drink much plain water....;p

Oh, cannot say "Don't want" or "No"....heee...I hv been saying "no...no...." many times to my bb....;p

Oh yes, yesterday my bb bite me & leave a mark on my arm so I angry & was talking to my hubby who is sitting besides me....my bb saw that I angry then started wanting to cry....her eyes red....then my hubby told me & I quickly hug my bb & say "mummy love u" as her tears was already in her eyes.....;p

Woh, bb now getting very sensitive & smart now !

Know how to use 'crying' as tool....;p

mstan

my bb will also eyes red red and mouth pouting like want to cry when she sees gor gor cry. Nothing to do with her, but she copycat. When we laugh, she also laugh, though she doesnt know what's its about.

I think if babies grow up in a family of laughter, he will soak it up and have cheerful personality. If family always quarrel and raise voices, then they also affected.

mstan>i suspect oso but still can't find source tat make him cough..the teacher said must say positive words as they will pick up fast..saying mummy luv u is so encouraged!

i hve blue black on my thighs n hands..initially dunno y..then remembered its done by my boy...he is teething bah..saw no. 8 sprouting..he is awake now frm his nap..trying to touch my keyboard..

I jus went for an interview n I read wat u all posts till I miss my station, hehe! Tink i screw up When they ask me will i delay to start wk Cos of my boy......

xin...tks for the info...my fren just told me abt their shop in teck whye...i ordered fm them liao...

smalldreams..u plan to bf till when???

MamaD, i sometimes wonder if my boy Is a special kid too Cos he Is so active. Every of my cousin buay tahan him, he " play" with us till we so drained!!! I put my boy to bed ard 10 he oso 11 plus 12 Then knock out. He can disturb us in the dark to play with him lo. so sometimes i give up jus let him roll abt, sing sing, climb all over till he knock out

Back