(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

horsey> ur boy is lucien! oh! i think because i put my girl only at 8mths plus which is about when you took lucien out so i guess they probably improved quite a bit. heh. i didn't choose elfa infant care cos my fren's son was there and she complained quite a bit cos their childcare is good but infantcare was relatively new and seem like the teachers not so experienced. also, cos i wanted flexibility in switching my girl from half day to full day to half day to temporary withdrawal to suit my school timing but elfa's very strict about that. my baby is elisa.

tyl> thanks! but i like her there so far.

xin> welcome back! maybe ur son takes a while to adjust to the new place. my girl first time went to malaysia for 4 days 3 nights, the first 2 nights also didn't sleep well. but my recent trip with church to pulai springs, first day/night barely slept! but after that, no problem cos think she was tired out on the first day&night. so hopefully when u go sydney, it'll be like that too.

TYL

True, washing straws are a bane!

Anyway you've got mag mag cup? I think the straw there is also very easy to sip from. I didn't use yakult straws on both my kids; they got it thru sipping thru mag mag.

Bubble tea is nice, but not KOI though...haha

Lamb: I got the Little Tikes for Arwen when she was 10 months old cos I want her to learn how to walk . I like the fact it has a brake system . At first , of cos she was very clumsy and fall quite a bit but now she is zooming around with it. Funny to watch. Andrea was also considering between the two and when she came over with Amelia, she let Amelia tried both and decide that the Little Tike is better. I think both are ok lah. But the playskool one, Arwen hardly touch it though.

melissa>no probs. I don't have any shares in the childcare near my mom's so doesn't matter to me. :p

smalldreams>nope, we didn't try mag mag as Ayden is drinking well from the cup. :p

actually, I don't quite like Koi. esp dislike the qs. :p

Lamb: Or you want to lend both from me first to let Nat play ? You can pick it up from me by Sunday ? Let me know yah[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

TYL

Ouh, I see! Come to think of it, A also drinks from the cup, but I'm not too particular about weaning her off from either the bottle or straw cup lah, so never really bothered by this. :p

Some kois have reasonable queues. But the one in chinatown is seriously ridiculous. Madness!

all the kois I pass by have horrendous qs. too lazy to join them. :p you tried gong cha? it also has long qs but I find the taste so-so only

@melissa: ya, my boy is Lucien. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] oh dear, im so sorry, have no impression of your little girl. Our time there, only had Portia, Isaac & another boy. Then the no just keep increasing n my boy got messier, i reckon they were too short handed n didnt change my boy as often.

oh, so far elfa infant care is not bad too.. the 3 regular teachers take care of Lucien very well and they are all English-speaking. Any doubts they have, they will just sms or call me. Unlike First Skool, they hardly kept me informed of Lucien's progress.

Food wise, they also offer more variety i feel. That's why I switched plus it's much closer to my home, i dun have to worry about rainy days. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

TYL

I was at City Sq mall for the first time last Sunday & I tried Gong Cha (I'm a bubble tea addict). There was no Q, but when I turned behind, I was horrified to see such a long queue! Mothers with babies in carriers too! Faint. hahaha...

The taste is alrite. Quite fragrant. Lol.

Horsey

Ouh you're an easterner mom too. I am also.

smalldreams>hee, which did you try? we tried the gong cha alishan tea and found it ok. the passionfruit was way too sweet eventhough we requested for 50% sweetness. the earl grey had no fragance or taste of earl grey at all. so i officially black-list gong cha, esp since they're also not cheap. :p

Talk about weaning..

Has anyone wean their bb from slping in yaolan??

I'm trying but everytime I put Sharlyn on the floor mattress, she would crawl away..

Jessie : sorry, was busy juz now & juz ended my training for the China side.

Yes, we are looking for a researcher to work in SH, China (executive search firm) to do cold calling.

The person preferred to hv a little working expr in executive search firm.

U know anyone keen ?

Local package.

Thks !

smalldreams - Yeah, cute eh? But I am worried that Nat may not take to it coz' I tried her on a ride on at a friend's place the other day, she basically didn't know what to do with it. Still young lah. Think they'll first learn to use the walker, then ride on. Hehehe. But I'm concerned abt the leg space thing that Jessie talked about. Over here in SH, a bit hard to find a 'sample' for her to trial it also. Sekali she doesn't like, waste money. :S

big foot - The disney one looks really cute but issit sturdy? Looks light from the picture. But then again, I could be wrong coz' pictures can be deceiving.

jessie - Thanks for offering the loan but I have a neighbour who has a little tikes of which her son might have outgrown. Maybe I can loan from her first. Hehehe. So Arwen didn't touch the playskool one eh? The FP one I am eyeing on looks similar to the playskool one leh. Hmmmmmm ... ... right now, Nat will secretly crawl to the IKEA high chair and push it around while I'm not looking. I dun mind her pushing around the chair but i dun really like the marks she makes on the wooden flooring, you know what I mean right? Flooring here different from singapore homogeneous tiles. That's why I was considering getting her a walker. How does the braking system function?

callalily - So maybe ... the FP ride on i'm looking on may be more suitable when she can walk steadily, eh? Since the wheels do not provide resistance, might be quite dangerous too, eh?

Jessie :

I cant apply the job at all lar....;p....certain things not so convenient 2 say here....;p

u r currently in SH so thought u might know someone in SH who might be keen or open.

Hee....I dun hv the exact package but only know mkt rate for China, so no relocation package or extra for lodging.....;p

Of course, if any mummies here keen can PM me.

But dun think lar....how abt their HB job, bb & family ? Haaa....unless their HB already found a job in SH....;p

elynn> yup, i started with yakult straw. still got alot at home. can pass u next week.

tyl> dont intro straw if he's using cup happily. washing straws very tiring. now i trying to teach mattias to use cup but very dfficult.

cananda banned the use of the old type of walkers where baby sit inside or the push type?

smalldreams, tyl, melissa> i do hope tt it'll be better. coz i;m still so tired when it's already the 3rd day back. :p

and mattias now like so scared of his musical toys after not seeing them for a few days. :p

horsey> i stay at bedok too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

littlelamb> i saw the FP little people walker/ride-on very cute. so tempted to get it but i alr have 3 at home. :p

wheels no resistance very dangerous. and useless coz they can use it to learn to walk at all.

mstan : No relocation or lodging can be hard because to live here decently, at least the rent will be SGD 1000 and it would be a very small place unless they live on the outskirt which then maybe can get abit better. Hope the salary makes up for it. Thanks for asking me , I hope you will find someone qualify soon! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lamb: Dun overthink lah, just go for what you feel is best. I mean, the FP one is good cos in the end, Nat can sit and play on it too. The thing is, when I first let A start on these, it is on the playmat cos the Little TIkes brake system , altho is good but still fast on babies who just try it . It takes 2 weeks for A to be comfortable on my wooden floor. Now I can actually let her zoom around without close supervision, like I am just in the same room as her, fun to watch keke .[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4895418.jpg]

Jessie : Arwen so cute ! She can walk already ?

Mine still rather lazy to walk. Only like to 'walk' along our L-sofa sometimes.

She has a playskool walker but dun really like to use + another sit-in walker in which she dun like anymore (will not wat to be in it anymore now).....;p

mindy> my mil found some cow prints cloth and made pillowcases for mattias. not sure wher she got them though. maybe somewhere in bedok.

my hb also want to be SAHD next year. they can keep each other company. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i always think that taking care of the child on your own (dad or mum) is the best option. i know have to close one eye if my mum comes over to tk care of mattias. and i dont like tt. :p

wendy> lucas really knows how to enjoy leh. dont be too upset. now must really keep things off the edge of table. they suddenly grow very tall hor.

littlelamb> just read the archives and got the backround of your question. my hb and i believe in nature for the fundamentals. so far all the skiils he learnt, he's learnt at his own pace. and we're happy with that. coz we know he'll grow up all too quickly. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jessie> so happy to see so many of arwen's cute photos. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

actually i prefer to put mattias in a sit in walker. i find it safer. cant imagine how i can contain him if he can really walk on his own. :p

mstan : no lah, can walk with the walker but this week teaching her to walk with one hand holding her, not bad, at first she whine and complain but today ,more steady. I guess maybe for us, it is easier if she walk fast fast but then again... that means have to tag behind her even more!

hi mummies!!

been so bz @ work... damn sianz....

ok enuf of whinning...

jessie,

arwen's cute in tat pic... looking innocently @ the cam while walking...

my gal's juz starting to pull herself to stand in playpen... still not really moving her feet... so no sight of her walking yet lor... slow......

Horsey, yup as YL mentioned, my no. 1 just started Elfa CC on Wed. So far ok, she didn't cry on her first day (she is on half day) just a bit teary when we went to pick her up at 12noon. I chose the place cos it's near home (Tampines Central CC) and for their curriculum (good chinese curriculum, equal amount of time for English vs Chinese, and they have pianica and swimming lessons at k1-k2). But so far, she still refuse to eat breakfast there, maybe cos she has milk late or she is not hungry at 830am when she reaches school. :p

Hi Mummies,

Long time didn't manage to login. Have been very busy with work recently.

Need your help to support Estovan by voting for him in the gap casting call. Thanks a lot.

Here's the steps to vote for Baby Estovan:

1. Go to Gap Singapore facebook (http://www.facebook.com/gapsingapore)

2. Click LIKE and login

3. Go to the CASTING CALL Tab

4. Click on Start now. Allow the application to load. Click Allow

5. Choose SINGAPORE

6. Click on alphabet E. Estovan's photo is on page 1. His full name is Estovan Reizo Cheah

7. Click on his picture and click VOTE

Horsey.. your bb at changi simei cc.. ELFA?

I was there today to check out the place for my 17months old niece and also their infant care..

thinking will it be alright for me to put isaiah there instead..

I felt so heartache after i went to check out the infant care section..

there was a baby who is 11months old baby.. who is sick and they just left him in the cot underneath the fan directly blowing at him..

he was just in short sleeve romper.. i was told that the baby boy is having fever.. and i went to sayang him and touch his hand..

his hand and legs are so COLD.. n he look like he just cried badly.. n was holding his bear towel n look so poor thing.. i played peek a boo with him for awhile.. n he smile n cry at the same time.. m feeling so sad n the baby seems so poor thing..

they put the other baby on the high chair and face the window.. while carrying another on hand.. n the malay woman like cant wait to knock off the kinda face..

I cried after i left the place.. coz i felt so heartache for the sick baby..

I think IFC will not be a place for Isaiah after my first visit to IFC.. so heartache..

Febie.. can no problem..

as long the ISAIAH and ONE is uppercase..

hehe thanks..

Mindy: Oh dear, it breaks my heart just by reading about the sick baby, how can the staff at the IFC do that?!?! That's why I dec'd to be a WAHM - coz no matter what, even if i'm not as capable as some other moms, at least everything i do is out of genuine love for my baby. Can't say the same if the caregiver is someone else - sometimes not even mom or MIL.

Like these few days, my MIL is here to help me look after my boy. I see the way she feeds him, I wanna faint. She will stuff big spoonfuls of food into his small mouth and it's such big spoonfuls that they will overflow and his mouth and even chin will have food. Then when she wipes his mouth, she din realise his chin has food and din clean until I have to do it. Then today i went to visit my hubby at hosp and was away for few hours, and my MIL never changed the diaper!!! It was super super full by the time i came back. My boy's skin lately a bit sensitive and can be prone to nappy rash, I will be really angry if he develop the rash again. I just can't understand why my MIL never bother to change his diapers! And sometimes, she will do the opp. The diapers hardly wet and she will change. Sigh...

Anyway, I hope the baby you saw at the IFC will not be psychologically traumatised after the whole incident... poor baby...

Bigfoot:

I am still using both the sippy and straw cup for Aly. My ultimate aim by 1yo is to get her to drink all her milk from sippy and water from straw cup. Well, i first intro the mag mag straw cup at 9mths but Aly din know what to do with the straw other than biting it. I must admit i din try too hard with the straw so after 1 attempt, i gave up. It was only a few days ago that i decided to intro again cuz i have finally decided to attempt weaning her off bottle. Again, her first instinct was still to bite the straw. But i am more persistent this time so tried again for next meal and miraculously, she managed to suck!!! So, i think just have to keep introducing, ultimately, they will figure it out[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. I am not sure if using Yakult straw is easier cuz from physics point of view, the resistance is higher through a narrower tube and i would imagine that it would be harder...but no harm experimenting.

Lamb:

I think as jessie mentioned rightly, dun have to think so hard abt the ride-on cun pushwalker. Nat is going to outgrow the exersaucer and jumperoo soon and i think they would like another toy to help them get around other than walking. Think it's fun for them too.

smalldreams:

Haha, i somehow already guessed that u would rpobably also take it easy when it comes to weaning off the bottle[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. For me, i just take it as a personal challenge to wean off bottle by 1yo since the books write that it's possible and both the AAP & AAD both recommend that. Cuz i am really quite concerned abt milk bottle syndrome. I mean even though can always brush the teeth after last milk feed but sometimes it may not b possible.I hate to think that i may have to subject Aly to general anaesthesia for dental rehab one day when i feel that i can actually prevent it in the first place[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning mommies

Wow, many posts. Good. Heheh.

Little Lamb

Maybe you & Jessie should start a toy rental business over there...only for expat mommies....hehehe...

Jessie

I like that FP push-walker that Arwen is using!

I'm thinking of renting it. Coz I realise my house is looking more and more like a toy store. Only 4-room flat, can't buy more toys... (I'm a toy junkie [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] )

Mindy

Oh no...so sad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] If I worked at the IFC, I wonder if I'll become a grumpy old hag like the person you mentioned too. Coz, taking care of 1 baby at home is enough to make us snap, let alone take care of so many babies, ill ones included! The mommy of the sick baby probably doesn't have an understanding employer, so she had to leave the baby there altho he's sick. I mean, no one in the right mind will choose work over taking care of their sick baby unless really no choice :S

SP

You're rite. Anyway it's much easier once baby can drink from cup. And yes, skip that dental treatment part too. Save $!

Cheerieheart

Oh dear, I hope you're not overstressed. Hope yr hubby gets well soon. How's yr little Kenan?

bbin

Yr gal is a Feb baby, no? If yes, she's still young...give her some time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Smalldreams: Thanks for asking [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] How are you? Haven't got chance to 'chat' with you much these days ;) Think i was stressed - that's why fell ill last few days. But it's ok lah, i'll try to stay positive and be strong - for the sake of Kenan!

Outing to the Zoo on 23 Dec 2010 - Meet 1000hrs Outside Zoo entrance (Near the elephants)

1 - Cy

2 - Sherry x2

3 - fatbabe

4 - luvbabe x2

5 - yuki

6 - Afann

7 - Summermama - family card

8 - mindy

9 - tyl

10 - Xin

11 - Vinwee -x1 payment rec

12 - Josie x1 payment rec

13 - tobu x1

14 - MsTan x3

Did i missed out anyone? Pls add urself if u are joining :p

Rate for Zoo adm plus tram as below.

S$17 adults & $8.50 for child

cheerieheart> no wonder nv see u ard these days. take care!

mindy> oh no. i hope that sick boy is not my friend's child. he was born in dec and seems to be often sick. hmm i think SAHD is really better than infantcare but if u have no more options, go explore other infantcare cos the standard varies.

horsey> oh yah my girl only came in quite a while after you took your boy out. think i heard ur boy's name cos i keep visiting them to check it out before i sent her there. are u a SAHM or working? i thought i remembered the teachers mentioned something like you wanted to stay home. anyway, think they probably improved much cos they have at least 4 to 5 teachers there everyday. in fact, everytime i bring my girl home, even if it's 2plus pm, they used like all my face towel, and clothes. haha. she's usually in the 2nd set of clothes or sometimes even the spare clothes. i was wondering why they keep cleaning but well, better than nv clean. i heard a story from my fren that when she picked her daughter up, still had dried up vomit cum food so end up she withdrew her child. so cham.

i'm glad elfa worked out well for u!! it is definitely more convenient even for me.

SP> actually thinner easier to suck. caillary action. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] if you notice, the mag mag hollow area is actually very small. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cheerieheart> hope ur hb gets well soon. and you too. my mum also can dont change mattias' diapers for a long long time. but i dont really complain coz i know it's a nightmare to change him. :p.

mindy> aft hearing your story, think i'm gg to think thrice abt sending mattias to ifc next year. hope your childcare arrangements will work out soon.

@ Mindy: my heart was broken into pieces upon reading your short story n I could not help but cried cos Im such a lousy mommy..!! The poor baby u met is my precious Lucien! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Much to I wish to dash for him on their very first call, I had my reason for not being able to do so n I was already tremendously guilty for. NOT that work is very important to me but it's exactly for my baby that I need to keep this job. Hence I was constantly on the sms n calls to ensure that they feed him the necessary medication and sponge him to keep his temperature down. BUT it wasn't to my knowledge that fan was blowing directly at him.. it hurt me so badly to hear that. Wonder what had my precious went through while waiting for me.. it really cut me deep. They had normally taken considerably well on my child so I am really surprise n worried to see what you had posted. I will definitely go check what had happened and do the necessary. Thank you for sharing. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

@ melissa:

nope.. not ur fren's son but mine.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i wish i can be sahm but not, im working hence have to leave my precious in the ifc. i certainly think they had improved to keep u satisfied n am glad that they suit u well too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Horsey

Oh dear, hugs. Don't feel bad k dear. Just leave work as soon as you can & nurse yr little one back to health k..it's the weekend, I really hope you don't have to work this weekend.

cheerieheart

great, jia you! If we moms are weak, how to survive rite? Sometimes sick also must plough on. No time to manja2 and take our own sweet time to get well soon.

bbin

Jan baby, end Jan some more...will take time, as long as she's healthy, don't worry [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yesterday i dreamt my lil A took some steps and fell at the end of the walkway, hehe. Crazy mom. She's only taking 2 - 3 steps on her own, mostly seen by her grandma.

Xin:

Capillary action only works for slow flow right? For example, how plants absorb water from the soil? No?[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

smalldreams,

ya, coz i've got friend who's gal is juz a day older than my gal n has started to take baby steps... but i guess i cant rush things as well...

Horsey.. m so sorry..

I felt so heartache coz Lucien is such a cute boy you know..My sister n myself played with him for awhile..

Don't they have video cam or something that you can monitor when u are at work?

Or can u request them to let Lucien to watch dvd rather than face the window?

I asked about watching videos.. but they say no TV for babies.. but i feel that through video Baby can learn alot leh..

I also have no choice but to hold on to my job and cant afford to quit and be SAHM.. but i discuss with my hubby liao and most likely we will get a maid.. cheaper and can help to do household chores..

How is BB Lucien doing now?

See when you are free? we go for coffee k?

since we are staying near each other..

anything urgent.. we also can help each other..

Back