(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

andie>ayden 8 1/2 months le. Donno leh. I'm half hearted about period coming. If doesn't come, means less chance of getting pregnant again. But then if I don't try soon, might not have #2...

sherry>woo, where are you going? enjoy your trip, ya?

tyl > erh... not getting your menses yet doesn't mean you are not ovaluting so if you try at random, there should still be a chance of #2. This is what happened to a few ppl i know. You ready for #2?

bigfoot>I know. But menses not back yet, to me, means womb not really ready to receive new embryo. unless I really lucky and happen to strike just when I finally ovulate lor.

I don't want a dragon baby and feel too old to have a baby after that. So, its a rabbit for #2 or no #2 at all. So, if want #2, should try soon.

tyl > If you want a rabbit #2, then yes yes, pls try real soon cos conceiving now will already be an Aug/Sep rabbit bb. Maybe you want to visit your gynae cos they should be able to tell right? Anyway, why not a dragon baby?

bigfoot>donno. just a prejudice. don't want a dragon baby cos hubby n I are rabbits and Ayden is a cow. All vegetarian so dragon will eat us up. :p oso, competition for everything is so much higher during dragon years.

I'm still half-hearted about conceiving again leh. 2 of my friends only conceived their #2 when they stopped BF-ing and their menses came. A bit afraid I'll be told to stop BF-ing if I want #2 becos I feel it'll b unfair to Ayden. Its a different matter if he weans himself off. But stopping just cos I want to have another bb doesn't feel so good to me.

sherry>how come you not bringing Shernise along?

Jo> hahaha cannot la.. some fengshui master tell me not to pop my BB after my next birthday le.. either i strike this month or else gotta try after 2011 Oct etc.. i mean since he say liao, think i will avoid unless really accident la..

Hmm, tot of bringing her but i think its not advisable le

TYL> not advisable to brinh her le cause of the long bus rides etc.. anyway, will leave them with my mum.. just that i am gg to miss her and may have to stop BF due to that.. may probably try to probably just pump omce a day and hopefully will still be able to BF her hahahaha

Actually, i heard u can still BF when u conceive.. just that u have to ensure u get enough nutrients etc

Hello .. SO long i'm not in this thread ..

Was @ wild wild wet for children day .. spot lucas? :>

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4567229.jpg]

sherry>ya, but think it depends on the body. I know gals who got pregnant while BF-ing and gals who had to stop BF-ing so body will ovulate and they can conceive. So see how lor. Leaving it to fate. :p

wendy>photo so small cannot spot. :p Got closeup mah?

TYL> true, its all fated one hoh.. we shall see la..think my maid will be really BZ if i gg to have a no. 2 hahahhaa... wonder if she can cope..

Sherry Babe,

Wish u Best of Luck to strike heeee. U r lucky you got a gd maid so at least u strike nw n by then u pop, she is still ard to help u[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

JO> wahh but 2 of a very close age gap can be quite stressful le.. hahaha.. when we meeting ah? i very long din see u liao la!

sherry>hee, ya lor. at least your maid can try to cope. If I've #2, means ILs will move in with me on weekdays so they help take care of #2 and Ayden. But that means I must allow ancestor tablet at my place cos they say they still need to pray to ancestors when they are at my place. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] worst scenario for me is they move in with the tablet, then realise they cannot cope with a NB and a toddler n we have to hire a maid.

sometimes I think I worry too much lor. :p

wendy>lucas so cute!

Sherry, TYL> 顺气自然 !! dun need to worry .. *hee

my hubby want a rabbit gal .. but i think dragon better .. cos i wanna have more time with lucas !!

wow! so fast u gals plan for no2.

steph,

high five^ my boy oso give him porridge a few spoon and he refused to continue to eat Liao. patience running low and I stopped after he refused to eat too. put brovil he oso a few spoon only. I'm thinking if he's not ready for porridge yet.

jus to ask, any of ur bb still not crawling yet. mine still cannot crawling but can see that he's trying to.

Sherry, wei> Ur gals so cute !! I wanna have a gal too .. but not now la .. *Ha

Mummies love to expose LO to events hor .. liddit our LO can interact more too :> *gd

smalldreams> e first pic is so cute !! all ur boxes remb mi tt i'm going to pack up mine soon too ..

redtea> I dunno whether 8 months milestones is for bb to crawl anot .. ur LO is 8 mths now ?

but since ur lo is trying, maybe u could use toys in front of him/her to attract him/her to crawl forward :>

Hi Mummies,

Haven't log in for sometime and seems like alot of events going on.. hee..

Sherry/Wei: Your gals are so adorable.

RedTea: Same! My gal is also not crawling yet but can see she is trying to. haha, maybe she is too heavy...

Wendy, mine going 9mths in 7 days. we try the toys method. he will move abit abit and then try to used his hand grab. not really used legs to move, more like using his butt.:p

redtea: hi^5! my bb not really crawling too...do a couple leopard crawls last week by lifting up his bums and surged fwd. guess he cheated!

seem like alot of Jan bb is not crawling yet, that make me less worry. but me more worried abt feeding him porridge. aiyo.. where to find the patience?

Redtea> ya really depend on their mood what they wanna eat.. Mine also like thAt, eat a few spoonful then she simply dun wanna open her mouth

I think let ya BBs be exposed to other LO?

Evening mummies..

Re: Crawling

Lucas is 9 months plus liao but also not crawling on fours but doing lots of leopard crawls or moving his butt to reach the destination. Think not all babies crawl.

However, am really happy that he had learnt how to sit up from sleeping position both ways - either from all fours or from the side.

Re: Milk Strike

Lucas started his milk strike again. Think probably due to teething too...He usually drinks like 200ml every 4/5 hourly and daily intake usually reach about 700-800ml but recently, his total daily intake had dropped to less than 500ml/day. For solids, he is only taking 1 porridge meal in the evening only and sometimes 1 cereal meal for lunch.

Re: Adding soya sauce to porridge

My mum and SIL also said that it is ok to add a few drops to a bowl of porridge. We also grew up eating that and we are still healthy... So, I have relented and also added few drops to enhance taste and true enough, he will be able to finish up a small bowl of porridge. Nowadays, if the porridge is not tasty, Lucas will refuse to open his mouth....

tyl, me n hb n bb all fr vegetarian family oso ahhaha, if we get a rabbit, we really have all vegeterian animals of the zodiac cycle ahhahah . But I abit scared to have #2 so soon....next in line is dragon, very competitive lei, go sch must ballot...then next is snake, headache. See hw 1st

thks mummies for e reassurance abt cruise. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

sherry> think i also heard bef tt babies dont get seasick.

crawling> think it's so much safer when they're less mobile... :p

firipy's story v scary...

just now mattias was crawling and slipped and knocked himself on e floor and then we saw blood... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]... his front tooth thr bled... do u think i shd bring him to dentist to check?

xin>oh no. is he ok? his tooth got crack? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] ayden has slipped and gotten a big bump before. luckily he's ok now. I read the story also scared so told my mom so she would b extra careful. Think monitor him closely. Anything wrong, then bring to see doctor/dentist? he might just have cut his gums?

firipy>ya lor. but i think i'll b too old to have snake bb le

Xin> oh no, is he ok? Ya, I agree if they r less mobile cause really very tiring... Hope my play yard can come soon haha

xin, u really gotta monitor him n decide, but if its the tooth there, shld be he bite himself.

tyl, nt to scare u all, just to share so that we minimise their tendency to fall, we can't avoid totally. If they do fall, just gotta monitor n see hw. Tink my cousin's mil jus take things for granted ba, cos the child very active always run n fall etc but nothing happen

Hi mummies,

Very long didnt post here becos very busy.

My bb had fever since last Fri. Took care of her at hm over the wkend. Found that she started to hv some rashes since yest evening....dunno is it allergy to the medication that she took ? She had paracetamol & leftose syrup these few days but we stopped her medication last nite becos she dun seem to hv fever liao.

Since late yest nite, she dun seem to wat to drink milk....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]....can make a real fuss & cry when she see milk & tried to struggle...;p

Dunno is it becos we mixed her medication in a little bit of her milk for her to drink over the last 2 days that she now scared of drinking milk ?

My MIL keep saying that it's becos of that that she dun wat to drink milk 2day.

2day she had milk strike & dun wat to drink milk the whole day....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]...she only drank 170ml after 7am to 7pm (I feed her earlier at 5.45pm-140ml & 6.45pm-40ml)....she only started drinking milk after 7pm after I came back....dunno is it becos she teething becos I can feel her tooth at her lower jaw yest....;p

Hope she wld wat to drink her milk tomm....;p

Btw mummies, teething or having fever is it cant take porridge or rice cereal ? Also cant take brown rice ?

Then eat eat during this period ?

My bb had mashed potatoes & carrots 2day.

Re : crawling

Well, think my bb can start to crawl althou not too steady...she like to go 'pick up' my hair from the floor, grab her high chair legs & our tall standing fan & press the buttons....;p

But think her fav passtime is still trying to 'stand up'....;p

think he shd b ok. no more bleeding and he slept already.

firipy> think he got a cut on his gum when he fell with his mouth open... :p left blood stains on my shoulder and top.

v hard to see if the tooth is shaky coz he dont want to open his mouth... we tried to feed him aft tt and he still ate... and able to bite the spoon. so shd b ok?

will continue to monitor tmr...

mstan> think teething will have a little food refusal coz gums painful ba... hope ur girl gets well soon... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

today i discovered 2 cheap and good bookstores at bras brasah...

one for EL, one for CL...

and i found the xiao qi er crystal poster that i wanted to buy from muyingzhijia... so happy... e price v reasonable too... $4... think if get from the website plus shipping will be around there too...

but tt was the exact thing that caused mattias to slip... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]... coz he was crawling over it... sighz... must keep all plastics off the floor...

hi mummies!

xin,

hope mattias' fine nw... goto observe n see if he's not feeling comfy tis few days...

redtea,

mine oso not crawling... not standing.. juz can sit quite steadily... even the feb LOs got some oredi can crawl n stand... but if our LOs not ready to do all that, there's not much we can do oso but to wait patiently...

i oso tot of getting my gal to be exposed to other LOs... so tat she can 'observe' and learn... but no chance lei...

abt menses and getting preg> think my menses coming v soon... sighz... i also hope wont ever come agn...

now so scared get preg too fast... only hope to get preg aft mattias turns 1...

i also dont want dragon baby... too much competition... but think 2nd child still not so bad, at least less prob to go pri sch if same as gor gor or jie jie... :p

sherry,

yalor, tired and moody he la gee don't wanna eat. even cereal oso dun wan.

Mstan,

hope ur bb get well soon. my LO oso fever after vaccination, but only 1 day. now seem like my #1 turn. wah.. like tat super tired lei.

my hubby jus told me everytime we bring them to united sq, my #1 will fell sick. aiyo! sure enough, and truth lor. tdy bring him home from nanny, he feverish Liao. think will not bring him there agn.

TYL, thanks for asking, me still coughing, so is RaeAnne but we are better. Hubby ask me to see TCM today cos I finished my antibiotics but I told him let me finish my second bottle of cough syrup first (bought that from GP on Sat). Sian to take bitter TCM med. ;P

No. 2? I still feel that 1 baby is too lonely but then if you don't have enough time and energy for no. 2, also very unfair. That's why sometimes I feel very guilty towards Raelynn cos RaeAnne is always demanding for my attention. Think I can only give more time to Raelynn after RaeAnne is older and can play on her own longer or attends childcare or at least half day school. :p

xin, Matt shld be ok then,if the wound is just superficial dun worry k.

bbin & redtea, my boy is older lei,9mths + so nt fair for ur bbs to compare with some of ours la. Got attempt to leopard crawl is at least something,somestimes nt they dunno is they dowan.

The thing I miss abt being preggy is no menses n can eat without guilt. But I can't imagine the attention #1 wants fr me n yet I can't cos I m preggy, so I will jus wait.

I was watching the commercials on the "walk with dinosaurs" with bb n he was trying to be kaypo while I m on my laptop. I m practically hiding n running away fr him n shouted" the dinosaur is coming"! He laugh n chase after me......

xin,mstan, pauline:hope all ur babies all get well soon!

My boy got his 3rd upper teeth out n he starts to sniff sniff again....I realise everytime he teeth he will have runny nose n prior to that he on milk strike. After teeth out, super greedy

Dear Mummies,

I would like to introduce u to this amazing invention : MOON WALKER .

U can refer to the following link for more details [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I WIll be organising a pre-order BP Soon .

Email/PM if interested and i will keep u in loop once the BP is up: )

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4518218.html?1286200270

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4568728.jpg]

firipy>ya, I know. Ayden10 has fallen several times too.So we just monitor and make sure he's ok lor.

xin>hope mattias will b ok. the poster you put on the wall lah. then he can see but can't crawl lor

pauline>RaeAnne is going to be 2 soon, rite? can go for childcare le?

Tyl, raeanne is turning 3 on 22 Jan 10. Yup, will most likely enroll her in half day childcare cos I have not found a preschool with timing that I like n dun close during school holidays. The cc I am eyeing has a robust Chinese curriculum as they have branches in china. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw, what is the name of the caterer that u used for ayden's full month? I am looking for one that can do for small groups for raelynn's first birthday party. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning mummies !!!

Re : bb falls

My bb also hv minor falls several times as she still not very steady in sitting & always like to 'learn' how to stand & will 'act clever' & try to release her hands sometimes.....;p

So now hv to watch her carefully in case she falls & hit her head.....;p

Pauline>so I didn't remember wrongly n Raeanne is older. I thought she not yet 2 that's why you haven't sent her for childcare. Think once Ayden turns 2, I'll send him to school. Won't wait till he turns 3. :p Where is the school you are eyeing?

I used Liang Catering for Ayden's fullmonth and recently tried Casserole for the housewarming for relatives. Find both ok and they're halal. If you don't mind home cooks, I can send you a contact my friend gave me. Supposed to be quite yummy but I haven't tried as she caters more to small groups.

Tyl, oh no, raeanne has been attending daily 2hr playgroup at my rc in opp block since 18mths but her class has more than 18 kids from 18mths to 3+ years old. Not so ideal as she is older now and can learn more cos the teachers r busy with the younger kids' needs eg wiping their nose, changing diapers, bringing them to toilet, carry the crying ones etc. I am eyeing to put her at elfa at nearby cc next year. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks, do they have websites? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

TYL > how old r u? How come too old to have a dragon bb?

Sherry > Hey your job must be fun. Always interviewing ppl and matching ppl with the job opening. Sometimes i would think mayb I should be a HR recruiter myself!

tyl, you vy good leh...a lot of good lobang...

luvbabe, i read before some bb don't crawl on four, leopard crawl or moving butts are consider as crawling too....HW can crawl on four but she prefers her leopard crawl....

teething...

HW still bogeh leh...who else still bogeh ah???

Back