(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

Callalily: Ic.. Ryan's happy with his current food intake so I didn't increase the amt but when I saw the recommended proportions, i realised that it's quite a lot compared to what I'm giving him now. Maybe I'll add 1 more solid meal for him soon. Btw, do u give Aly dreamfeeds now? i'm nt sure if it's necessary but I still give Ryan nw cos i'm not sure if he still needs it. He gained 400g in 1 mth.

Shortlegged pig: Ic. thanks for sharing.

Bryest: He's 7.7kg at 7mths. But i'm not too worried actually cos he seems happy.. i guess ur latching n sleep problem gotta take some time to change cos the habit has been there for a while.. Not sure how to advice u on the solution though cos i've nt been though that. But i did accidentally created a bad habit of carrying Ryan to slp during his 1st few mths but i did slp training n nw he could slp without any props.. what i can say is that once u make up ur mind to change things, u gotta see it through no matter what it takes.. n never revert to the old habit else the child will be confused..

Tam,

My boy is 8.8kg at 7.5mths now. He also gain about 300g to 400g per month and pd says it's normal. So don't have to worry about his weight.

I'm glad he managed to sleep on his own now and don't need to carry. Oh yeh, he just managed to sleep by himself without latching when I was busy reading the forum. Will try go disappear later when he's gonna take his afternoon nap and see whether he falls asleep by himself.

Bryest,

Keep up your good work. Kids are highly adaptive. They will find ways to soothe themselves to slp without their mummies. Just make sure ur actions remain consistent. Dun one day do this, next day do that and confuse him. Must remain firm ar? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Christine/Shortlegged Pig,

Honestly, i didn't really train him to sleep on his own. We tried letting him sleep on his own for a few nites and he ended up crying. So we thought maybe train him again when he's like 9mths old.

It so happened that few days ago, I was just sitting beside him reading forum and he just sing and talk to himself, then fall asleep on his own. From then on, he just sleeps by himself. I can just do my things, don't even need to pat him. I guess he feels assured that I'm next to him and just close his eyes and sleep. I realised my boy needs a lot of assurance from me.

Tam,

How does ryan sleep by himslef? Do you need to pat him or stay beside his baby cot? Just wondering whether I should still be in the room when he sleeps later or just leave him alone in the room for him to sleep by himself.

Christine,

Did you try giving your girl the bellamys baby rice cereal? i find the texture is smoother so it's easier for babies to swallow. You try adding her usual milk with the cereal and make it more liquid. Just my 2 cents worth.

Tam:

I stopped dreamfeeding Aly abt a mth ago already. Wat i did was slowly decrease the amt by 30ml every 3 days or so while increasing the amt she gets at dinner at the same time and then see if she sleeps till same time the next morning. She automatically cut off the dreamfeed herself after 2 wks[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bryest: so good.. my ger muz pat then can slp, unless she's in her car seat. then she will have the chance to slp while enjoying the aircon, music and the views...

have not. i have gotten the rice cereal last sunday. so i'm gonna try it with her tmr, coz it's weekends and it;s my turn. haha

Cheerieheart & all who asked abt Aifah

Thanks for asking. Her fever hit 40 deg at 1.30 am! Bifen/Nurofen is her good friend now. Her fever was gone in the morning & I brought her to polyclinic again as she has pooped a few times too. Think it's tummy flu. on child MC today. Wonder why she cried and cried at the bus stop and when we got to my mom's place - maybe just didn't feel comfortable. Only kept quiet when my mom carried her, even then it took some time.

Cheerieheart

I had a hard time giving med to A too. For #1, all I did was shoot the med in with a syringe. with A, she spits it all out whether I shoot the medicine 1 shot, feed thru bottle with water, or shoot in her mouth slowly using syringe. Haiz. But I learnt from PD that sometimes it just takes a lil bit of med, so I don't get so fed up if most of the meds end up on her shirt.

As long as Kenan is not crying when he wants to poop, I guess you shouldn't worry that much. Hard being a mother uh? Too much poop problem, no poop also problem. Heh.

Hey same, i also have a driving licence but really haven't driven for years. Think the last time I drove was abt 3 yrs ago. Terrible. I do wish to start driving again but I really hate my hubby's car. It's a very ahbeng SUV. Totally not me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Admire mummies like Febie, who drive here & there on their own!

Charis

Hey how did you train Yael to go diaper free at night? Adam still wakes up with a heavy diaper, even if I don't let him drink milk before bedtime.

Bryest

So good yah, estovan seems to become an easier baby as he grows up.

TYL/Callalily: so glad to hear that it’s ok babies don’t poo everyday. But his stool still seems hard and he needs to push very hard. So I still have lots of work to do in this department!

These few days I stop giving him the orange fruits/veggies. Will reintroduce again maybe in another week or two.

Callalily: I saw quite a few Gina Ford titles at Kinokuniya Orchard during the National Day sale. Think next time ring to see if they have what you want and get them to reserve for you! Or if you really want, get them to bring in for you. There’s no additional charge anyway [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Brysest: you must be very happy now that your son can sleep on his own! It’s great! So your hubby also doesn’t drive to work? Mine also... I scolded him for changing to a normal plate car since he doesn’t use everyday. Then he said I can use it.. but I won’t dare. If got a tiny scratch, will sure get scolding! So where do you learn driving from? Fr mine and friends' exp, it seems like testers more lenient with ladies :p Hope you pass at the first attempt!

Tam: My boy was 7.6kg at 7 mths, he very light hor. But I think it’s ok, since he was born 3 weeks early, so maybe in comparison he tends to be a bit smaller. How much do you give Ryan at each meal? Mine takes 3 semi solids a day – 70ml fruits puree for breakfast, and abt 5-6 tbsp cereals/porridge for lunch and dinner. Wonder if it's too little. I latch him 4 times a day. But like many LOs, he doesnt' seem interested in milk anymore. But he still latch both sides each time, but it’s always 4-5 mins each side.

Smalldreams: Glad to hear A's fever is down, I hope she recovers fully soon! Must be tough on you these 2 days. You're a great mommy!

I can't feed my boy med using bottle, becoz he doesn't drink fr bottle. Use syringe and he will struggle like crazy and most med will be spitted out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but so glad to know that your PD said that's ok. If not, it's like fighting a war every time i gotta feed my boy his constipation med.

Haha, so we both dun like driving our hubbies' car! Wah, SUV is even bigger and harder to manage than a sedan, in my opinion. Ya, I'm totally envious of Febie and other mommies who drive around! Hm... maybe i shd really get a refresher course again.. wonder if hubby will sponsor that! I so wish to bring my boy out to the parks, beaches, zoo etc... Feel it's no excuse for me since i'm a WAHM and there's an available car at home.

cheerieheart:

Thanks. Got quite a few shopping items & research to b done this wkend!

In my opinion, gd to able to drive ard when u have a LO esp. More convenient. Go for a refresher course...and get yr hb to sponsor u a car if he's worried u will scratch his previous car[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Smalldreams:

Poor Aifah! Hope she recovers soon! I agree with you! I refuse to drive a SUV too! My hb wants to change my car to a SUV but i simply refused. I told him i dun mind inheriting his car while he goes and get a SUV!

whoa, so many posts... no time to read... must get ready to go work today...

just a quick qn, thost using claypot, do you all put it on direct flame? i realise mine get burnt easily and also get cracks... can still use?

cheerieheart> u're welcome to join. you still have my add? btw, mattias also v light think only 7.5kg at 7.5mths... :p...

Driving

I oso admire mummies who drive their LOs around. I have no confidence to drive my rascal actually. What if he starts screaming and crying?!! I will drive my nieces and nephew cos they are older (3 YOs) but my own rascal, i cant control yet...

Flirpy

Can my bb join the kindermusik trial class too when u arrange for it????

Semi solids

I need HELP!!! My bb will only eat cereals and nothing else... He doesn't like porridge, fruits or veg! And sometimes, he doesnt even reallie take to his cereals... (The other day my dad fed him ice-cream and he LOVES it though... I am so mad with my dad for it, cos i am worried to expose him to junk food when he is not even ready for solids...) So far, he is only on 1 solid a day... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Xin: Thanks! I'll sms you for your addr again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Abt your claypot, i think once it's cracked, cannot be used again. Even if it doesn't leak, the food will seap into the cracks and wld be hard to wash it clean right?

Callalily: I find SUV not so practical in SG as many car parks have tight corners and the lots are getting smaller. But guess to the men, it's more macho ya? Anyway, doubt hubby will sponsor me a car as COE prices continue to climb. I actually dun mind driving his car if he is more relaxed abt it. But ya, shd seriously consider going for a refresher course... or if hubby dun mind giving me some practice in his precious car! *LOL*

Yeocouple: How old's your boy now? What brand of cereals do you give him? Maybe can try something different. As for fruits and veggies, think gotta to experiment to see what he likes and give that for a start. Sometimes they don't like something when they try it the first time, but give them again and they may fall in love the second time round. That's what happened when I introduced yogurt to Kenan. How abt giving him that? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] since your boy likes ice cream, maybe his enjoys smthg cold and creamy. And you could add fruit puree to it since yogurt can be a bit sour, depending on the flavour. I buy yoplait yogurt for my boy. (here's some pics to share: http://ruthwongwrites.blogspot.com/2010/08/weaning-journey-continues.html)

cheerieheart:

Actually i dun think yr hb would really mind letting u practise driving his precious car...esp when u explain the pros of u being able to drive[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. U r right abt SUVs...but for me, it's more abt the glam factor. Haha!I so enjoy reading yr blog. And yes, we r eating leftovers too!!!

YeoCouple:

U mention yr bb only on 1 solid/day. For breakfast/lunch/dinner? Sometimes, drinking too much milk may also cause bb not to want to take solids. As cheerieheart mention rightly, it's a lot of trial & error as to which veg/fruit yr bb will like. Mayb u try cereals for 1 meal & try to intro a bit of fruit puree for meal#2. Start slow & little first and then slowly intro more amt & variety. Sometimes, they may not like a certain food but try again a few days later, u will b surprised they will love it the 2nd time round.

For me, the key is timing when it comes to driving mygal around. She'a happy to sit behind alone in her car seat after she's fed & juz b4 her nap.

Febie and Baby Bash "committee"..

Thanks for thinking this up and planning it!Hope it will be smooth-planning all the way!

Bryest..

Good for u! U learning school or private?

Cheerieheart..

Jia you! Go for refresher course lah..or jus drive short distances with hubby beside u..but don't bring baby with u yet..in case he cries and u get stressed! Haha! Auto car should be much easier to pick up again..unlike manual!! Hehe!

Pe-ah..

Hmm first I think u can try limit water intake after 6pm..then make sure he goes toilet before bedtime.

The thing about toilet-training is to be off diapers totally..so same as nite-training..

Diapers off, and makes sure u have the waterproof sheets on. When they get wet, r when the pee trickles a bit, they can feel some wetness, and that may wake him up..then u can bring him to the toilet.

But fr a start, you should wake him up in intervals..maybe midnite b4 u go to bed, and maybe 4hours later.

cheerieheart, SP

Truthfully I really can't stand my hb's car. It's really smallish inside too, I feel that even my dad's hyundai verna has more leg room.

But my hb gets defensive when I complain. Gahhh. To me an Suv is really wasteful, which is why I will not pay a single cent to the car.

Also heart pain when we top up petrol. Still,he can maintain that the car is economical in petrol consumption. Grrr.

Charis

Thanks, Okie, I'll try it. But I'm v particular abt having urine in the bed lah...haiz..mebbe for a start i can use a cheaper type of diaper which doesn't absorb pee that well.

big foot:

I would like to intro beetroot but i reallyb hate it myself hence havent got down to giving my gal. As it is, already giving her a lot of veg which i detest like zucchini, leek, parsnip. I must make sure my hb would want to eat beetroot b4 introducing to her[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

smalldreams:

U know there's just NO logic when it comes to guys & cars! Just leave them b as long as u dun hv to pay a single cent & gets chauffeured around[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Elynn: hee.. that's actually my blog ;) So happy you found something useful!

Callalily: which SUV is your hubby eyeing? Wah, got glam factor, then must be Audi Q5 or Q7, if not BMW X5 or X7? Or maybe it's the Volvo one (can't remember the model)? I do love the Audi and BMW ones :p

Charis: Hm.. actually quite hard pain to spend $ on another refresher course. Think I'll ask him let me drive around, maybe late at night when my boy's asleep and there are fewer cars on the road. Hope I have the courage! Anyway, i really dunno how to use his car, too many functions and find it more complicating than the previous one. Gee... this makes me sound so bimbo! hahahaha....

Smalldreams: I thought SUV usually quite spacious? But I do agree they are oil guzzler!!

Btw, I find my boy developing this habit of grinding his teeth! Don't know how in the world it happened! Is any other baby doing this? How to stop it?

Smalldreams,

Estovan also refuse to take his medicine. He'll use both his hands to push the syringe away. Ended up I just switch on the Disney channel and let him watch. Even then, he'll only take his medicine without any fuss if the channel is showing Mickey mouse. He likes mickey mouse very much so will watch till eyes glued onto the tv. Can do anything to him, he also don't care. Haha 

Guess wat I saw happy bellies Cereal at toa payoh central ntuc next to open air carpark my mum bought them, $8 on offer.

Cheerieheart,

My hubby can don't drive to work. If I manage to get driving licence, he'll leave the car to me. I failed my 1st attempt cos my stupid instructor only allows me to take circuit 1hr before my test. That is also the 1st time i drive at the circuit. I panicked when I see so many cars instead. He was still teaching me what to look out for when parking in the circuit. Imagine I'm taking my test 1hr later and still learning new things. If I pass, I'm a genius lor.

I'm suppose to retake my test next fri but I was not given a date fir circuit till now. In the end, I decided to just switch to school and forego the test next fri. I will fail anyway cos I failed the last time in circuit and now can't practice in circuit.

Did you try giving your baby milk via bottles? I already give up trying bottles but trying to give using the magmag cup now. He can drink about 70ml of water from the magmag cup but refuse to take even 1 sip of bm from the same cup. But I'm still trying to give everyday. Hoping he'll drink eventually.

Charis,

I just switched to school, will be starting lessons next week. What about you?

cheerieheart:

No, no. He's not eyeing on a glam SUV! He wants to change my car and replace it with a SUV!!! To me, no matter which brand, a SUV is definitely NOT glam! I like Audi & BMW too..but not the SUV[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Today talk is abt driving, haha I pass abt 11 yrs ago n had been driving auto since n I was screaming while driving my fil's manual car a mth ago cos mil wanna do grocery shopping. Tink I scare Ayden till he look at me all wide eye n teary....... I somemore stall engine on expressway but mil said it wasn't tat bad! I m so jealous when u get to choose to auto or manual license nowadays. I dun like to drive when my hb is in the car cos he so full of comments

Shane,

I just changed to school cos my private instructor sucks. I actually like 1 of the instructor they allocate to me but think he'a no longer working for them already. It's a group of instructors who worked for this boss and only the boss's car is registered to go into the circuit. And the problem is the registered car is used for tests for students during the day. So if wanna practice on circuits, will be on days where there are no tests, i.e. either after 8pm or Sunday I think. If not, they will try to squeeze a slot for you just before your test. I just find it very ridiculous.

cheerieheart > hahahaha!!! How come I didn't relate that it's you, especially when the name of LO is the same. I thought the pix in the blog looks so familar. Think I've met you in Melissa's place b4 right?

All these talks about driving here makes me think of signing up for my driving lessons quickly, but like what some mummies say here... hb will be full of comments when we drive, cars are too precious to hb... To think my hb ever tell my gynae that his car is super precious to him and my gynae had to teach him the change of mindset cos my gynae used to be like that too!!!

Shane,

I pay about $60 for 100 mins for non-peak hours. Think for peak hours is about $69 for 100 mins. School is more expensive than private but i need practice in the circuit and for school, think every lessons will start with circuit 1st.

I still have to inform my private instructor at least 2 working days before my lesson if I wanna reschedule. For school, think also inform 48 hours before your lesson.

Bryest: I got my license 5 yrs ago.. Haha.. Damm long but never drive.. I learn it from school, 1 time pass, good about school u learn step by step, from ciruit and outside enviroment..

cheerieheart

Thanks for sharing your blog! I saved it to my favorites!!

Kaelen is 8.5 mth now, still botak (yes, i still get questions, "U just shave his head ah?!" even though it's been 7 mths plus!) Can ask Kenan to donate some to his mine? How is his poo poo situation today? OK? Hugs to the little guy!

SP

We gave him cereals for lunch, about 11plus every morning. Sometimes, i will give him cereals for dinner too... I tried giving him porridge, fruits, etc but so far he keeps his mouth shut... He is a very stubborn ox.. If he dun wanna it, he will not open his mouth at all or will cry till all the tears come down..... Sigh, i guess i just have to keep trial and error????

yeocouple, no worries I will reorganise again in oct, ur boy can join us k.

YEOCOUPLE / JESSKOH / CHEERIEHEART / BLUEY : Can pm me ur contacts cos I suspect the taobao loots r here cos I got the slip fr speedpost le but I was out, I m arranging a redelivery next mon.

SP

You're rite. No point arguing with men abt cars. They'll always find some ways to justify their ridiculous choices, heh.

YeoCouple

My #1 was like yours. Just didn't want to eat even if I felt I cooked the most delicious porridge ever. At abt 9 mths, I noticed he preferred adult food - like rice etc. So, I'd feed him mashed rice as we're eating dinner etc. Or some mee sua (but make sure you drain the water or blanch them repeatedly as they can be quite salty). Even chicken, I gave him very mashed up chicken. He actually ate them. And I told myself not to get so hung up on this solids thing as long as he's healthy and not scrawny.

Firipy

Wah yr mother really love to go out uh! Toa Payoh is far from where she lives leh.. but good lobang..thanks! The ones sold near my area are going for $8.90 per tin.

bigfoot: heheh sure, more motivation when we have company to learn driving. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Any other mommies interested? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

smalldreams: the other day i was chatting with one of my gf, they had to change to a SUV cuz they just had a third kid. With the rule that all toddlers have to be in a car seat, they don't have a choice. And they got the saloon car like 2 years ago.

When DH and I were in perth we rented an 8-seater Kia SUV, it's pretty spacious cuz the back seats can be folded down completely. The turning radius is not bad, but not enough power. And so difficult to park, like an elephant.

cherrieheart: Emma doesn't poo everyday too, so don't worry okay? As long as the poop is "playdoh quality" it should be fine. *hugs*

I finally found Emma's nemesis - Brown and Wild Rice mix! For the first time she is finally full after a meal. And she continues to poop well so...yeah! Some lady commented the other day that Emma is quite small-sized for a 7.5month old. It bothered me for a while, but then I thought, if she's happy and healthy, what the heck. I try not to let her words haunt me, but easier said than done la.

I wld love to have a BMW or Audi too but based on our current situation I m happy with our ride for nw, gd fuel consumption n live within our means, haha

Re: bash, maybe we shld keep the actually location a mystery n only reveal thru emails to those who paid in case some ppl go n gategrash? We got leftover $ fr last time rite if I din forget, but nt everyone went n paid last time rite... Ok it's too chim for my post delivery brain to tink nw haha

Smalldreams

I'm keeping my fingers crossed dat he will one day love to eat his food, whether bb or adult food! He's a small kiddo, barely 8kg at 8.5 mths. I stopped worrying and taking his weight now, just be happie he's healthy..only his lack of interest in food is like...er..what did I do wrong?? Maybe I'm not as creative (& hardworking!) in cooking as many mummies here!

Flirpy

Yay!! U gotta pm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cars

I nvr thought I'll be interested to have my own car but recently I started daydreaming abt bringing bb out on my own when he's older...but of cos just daydreaming only lah..I rather spend my $ on shopping still, leave the car finance to DH!!! Wahahaha

Shane,

I'm learning at bukit batok driving centre. Not sure how much I need to spend to get the licence. I just booked a few lessons first and see how's my progress before I book more lessons.

Andie,

My boy also love it when I mix his bellamys white rice cereal with the happybellies brown rice cereal. He can finish the whole bowl less than 5mins.

Mummies,

Can a 7mth old and and above baby just take cereal and porridge without drinking any milk? At what age then they can don't drink milk?

Callalily: I shall try ur method of slowly decreasing Ryan's last milk feed and increasing his dinner feed. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Btw, I forgot if u were the one who was asking about Gina Ford's Potty training book. Today I popped by Kino and I saw it available at Kino Orchard. There were 2 copies on the shelf... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]I didn't get that but got the Baby whisperer's Potty training book cos I've been following Tracy Hogg's routine. I also got Gina Ford's weaning book cos I found it really detailed. Shall go look at it later. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bryest: I don't pat Ryan to sleep.. I'll 'wind down' his activities, then bring him to his cot in his own room and leave him in his cot to roll around. He knows that once he's in his cot, it's his cue to sleep, so he'll roll and fall asleep on his own. Sometimes I'll stay and watch him a bit, switch on the baby monitor then leave.

Cheerieheart: Ur boy's 7.6kg at 7 mths is about the same as Ryan.. I find the weight pretty nice ah.. Don't worry. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I give about 70mls fruit/veg puree for lunch and about 70mls of cereal for dinner. I latch him 4 times a day and 1 bottle feed as dream feed, which my hubby loves to feed.. My boy's pretty distracted these days during latching also. :S

hi mummies,

finally got time to come in n post. super busy with work and juz have my dinner.sianz..

furthermore the person i waiting to pass me some document actually left n go enjoy his dinner. haiz.. really one kind. i wait for him to almost 10pm..sometimes pple juz cannot be responsible. now i need to rush to work on monday morning. selfish guy.

sorry for the rantings. :p

flirpy,

had pm u my contacts [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks

Re:constipation

we can rub our lo tummy in circular movements. The movements must be in clock wise direction ya. Anti-clock wise direction is to counter diahorrea.

Back