(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

big_foot> thanks. oh! hope i didn't cause any misunderstanding. actually, it was just that i felt like i did not manage to complete the pregnancy journey as i had anticipated. kind of like it was being fast-tracked and i didn't get the complete experience. maybe being cheated isn't an appropriate word. but i have friends who told me that it's probably not a 'complete' experience that i would miss. having said that, i remember being all drowsy after the 'birth' to enjoy my newborn. when the nurses brought him over, i was reluctant to hold him cause i was feeling so drowsy and weak that i wasn't sure that i can hold him.

CocoMama:

I wasn't under her care cuz for me, I prefer a male obstetrician but I have worked with her before. She's no 'celebrity doctor'. Very poised yet approachabe[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. yup, dun be too adventurous. As u mention rightly, it's after all a holiday. We also had to modify our itinerary when we were in Switzerland on days when Aly doesn't nap well cuz we din wanna tire her out. The weather conditions also contributed to us modifying our original itinerary too.

Cocomama - Ok, understand what you mean when you said about your incomplete experience. Though Bryan popped naturally with no epi, but it was nothing close to any of those like on TV whereby I hugged him instantly. When my doc put Bryan on me instantly when he was delivered to give me the 1st look, I was so stunned that I didn't even know what to do, much less to touch him. I was subsequently so tired and weak that I barely carried him even till we were home. Only time I did was attempts to BF. So don't say that as short-changed or incomplete cos each person's condition really differs.

Megan - Hahahaha!!! I am still contemplating if I will ever have a #2. Let you previously, I am also very stranded with no extra help and DH works till very late very often and on weekends. Bryan is super sticky and work is crazy. Colleagues are telling me that Bryan is sticky cos he is bored and I should really give him a companion, but that is really not something on my mind now.

any feedback using babysafe mattress.

some says strong latex smell, some says it's hard but some says it's cooling & firm for our babies/toddler's spine.. please let me have our feedback, opinion. thinking to buy the single size mattress

sp_callalily> thanks for the feedback. i googled about her and found similar feedback.

how is Aly doing? YX is such a fussy pot these days. the other day, i was so fedup that I left him in his room with the door closed and let him cried to his heart's content. after a while, he managed to open the door and came sobbing to me. then i told him to stop and he promptly stopped. when i explained to him my frustration and told him how much i love him, he gave me a smile. and then he behaved very well the entire day. but it looks like he might have forgotten about it again.

big_foot> yeah.. i guess you're right. the 'hype' about natural birth could be over-rated and it will surely be a different experience for each individual. i guess it's similar to breastfeeding. it's a different experience for everyone and doesn't come naturally for all. part of the reason, i would like to try natural is that i hope to recover quickly and be able to still hug and carry YX. i don't wish for him to see me only carrying his little sibling and not him.

Long time never post though i am a silent reader.

Xin, glad to hear that Mattias is doing well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Congrats to all the mummies expecting no. 2. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hiya mommies!

cocoMama

Congrats! Wah, so nice to hear another mommy expecting. I think what you feel about YX is really pretty normal. I felt that way too when I was expecting #2, and at that time, my #1 was already 2 years old. I was sad about not being able to jump around, etc with my tummy. It's a natural feeling for us I think. But later on I'm quite sure YX will really love the company of #2. It's really heartwarming to see them play together. (peace time for you & Coco too, haha)

So cute of YX. Seems like a sensible kid.

Megan

Kawan! You balik kampung is it? HW so cute lah. Is she still very chubby? My little girl will look like a small baby beside her.

Julia

I bought a latex mattress for the cot. It's OK lah. After some time the smell will go away. But my baby still prefers to bunk in with us in bed.

Firipy

hey have you gone to explore the bazaar near my place? You always walk to that area for dinner anyway right? hehe. I think your worries are very valid. I'd be worried too. I'm actually VERY sick and tired of working here. I'm hoping after hari raya I can really start saving so I can afford to go on NPL. I just need a break before I breakdown myself.

smalldreams...ya i balik kampung to buka puasa...haha. Bring the kids back to visit my parents...they had a good time living kampung life, running ard...see my bro climb coconut tree, rambutan tree and other local fruits...let the kids play sand by the beach, we hv the whole beach by ourselves!!!Tks for the compliment on HW. she is not as chubby as last time but still quite chubby thou...Hey see when we can let the kids meet and play again...would love to see Aifah, ur Aifah may be small in size but she definetely a strong "kampung chix"!!!

Congrats Cocomama ! Wah , cannot wait to read about the birth stories later siah ! Must run another spree for the new babies! But I think I only got time in Nov cos my parents coming for 2 months.

I was so happy about all the coming babies, I told DH I also one but then again, I know it is that feeling of having a newborn in my arms that I crave . The smell, the cuteness but to raise another kid now, I actually don't think I can do it. I know I can but I do not want to at this time. I really hope DH can tell me if we are staying here for the next two years, at least I can reconsider no.2 cos I will have more help.

I, as usual, come back with a lot of work. Like non stop again. Today I told myself to just take a day off. Not doing work related stuff for once. Been neglecting Arwen cos day and night working. Today will bring her to park and play. Hope to buy her some toys.

smalldreams, I am ald sick fr working at this current plc, so no life....bosses nt very considerate n team mgr who only use her mouth....But I kept telling myself I just wk n go hm dun care but then I work till 7-8 mostly n by time reach hm so late, some days go fetch A fr mil hse, so tired ald! I hope to find a better one......I dun mind work very hard during office hrs but I can knock off ard 6 plus n nearer to town. This current laying off is making our morale so low, dunno when my turn! I hope I can secure an interview this wk n hopefully to a new job. The bazzar ah, so crowded, I dun dare to go, I went there b4 A was pop, I skip it last yr, wanna go again. I got my curtains n bedsheets there , esp the eve where they clear stock! Tink maybe 1 of the weekdays, fri n sat is crazy!

Jessie

hahah, you're having some thoughts uh? If you still can manage, have 1 more lah. The companionship will be precious...not just during childhood but later in adulthood (hopefully).

I am happy with 2 kids now but many of my friends have 3 kids! Maybe it's because Malays are more into having bigger families too.Now I feel like having 3 kids (peer pressure?! haha). But really lah, I myself have 2 younger siblings. My mom said she is glad to have 3, coz after her older 2 kids grow up, at least got another one still in the house.

My hubby also only has 1 other sister. Quite lonely for the mom leh. But i guess some people also enjoy the peace & quiet.

See how lah, hopefully I'll be game to have 3 like Furby & BBchic.

Plus with the amount of toys we've got now, maybe should have #3 to justify the cost ehhe.

Firipy

Oh dear, pat pat...I hope you get a better job soon. I didn't get the job I applied for internally. At first I was sad, but I've bounced back. I'll just stick around here & make the best of the flexi arrangements my current job can offer.

Don't go on weekends lah. It's crazy lor. I'll walk through the bazaar EVERYDAY after work coz that's the only way to get home, ahhaah! Of course I end up spending $ too. Always got things to buy one. last week I bought 1 cheap beyblade for my son & a doodleboard for my girl. hahah. money so easy to spend hor, so hard to earn.

firipy>oh dear. hope you find a better job soon. or stay at home have #2? Our babies grow so fast I miss my small NB!

smalldreams>hee, you're always so optimistic. Leave it to Allah about whether to have #3? somehow, things will always work out de. I haven't been to the geylang bazaar in ages. Miss the dengdeng and fried chempedek.

jessie>wah, you must be happy that your parents are going for a long visit. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I know exactly what you mean about missing the feel of a NB. Somehow, things will work out de. Whatever happens, you must be at peace with your decision. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I went for my gynae visit last Sat. Pwah, bb was v active. Kept swimming and dancing away in my tummy. even high five to us a few times and gynae managed to capture that image. Ayden was never like this. Hope bb won't b super active when he comes out. :p

megan>missed out your message. You must have been super happy to balik kampung. home is still the best, ya? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tyl, ya going home is always vy good...close to family members...thank God Msia and SG is vy near, can go back anytime...esp now air ticket is so cheap...my last trip back cost me only $250 for myself, my maid and 2 kids for return air ticket... how's ur preg so far...once u know the gender of the bb do let us know!!

smalldreams, wow thinking of having no.3???hehe go for it!!! but not for me cos too old liao...haha

bazaar...me to yet to visit the bazaar, however visited the one in Kuantan, really a lot of good food.

jessie...well like wat smalldreams say, if can afford and manage got for it...it's quite fun to hv a pair!!!

firipy...take care and hope that you can find a better job!!!

smalldreams> Selamat Berpuasa. how are things with you? all the best in your job hunting.

thanks. i hope so too. my babysitter has been telling me to give him a sibling cause she said he will be a good brother.

oh! where's the bazaar? is it near the Paya Lebar mrt? do they have ikan bakar? i so miss ikan bakar.

megan> your describing Aifah as a kampung chic really had me cracking up.

jessie> thanks. how about the other way round? have #2 and then make sure that you stay back in SH for another 2 years?

firipy> Laying off exercise is never good for employees' morale. hope things will work our for you and we can hear some good news soon.

lsntyl> how many weeks are you now? it sounds like an interesting experience eh.. YX was never like that too. he was usually asleep during the scans. did you bring Ayden along for the visit? all set for the big move?

megan>hee, it must have been fun. pregnancy so far so good. no major 'side-effects' but I puked after taking 2 small seeds of durian. guess bb doesn't like durians. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] now, don't dare to buy durian mooncakes le.

cocomama>I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow. Going for OSCAR scan this thurs so can see bb again. It was really interesting. Ayden was always so serene during his scans n not as active as this little one. I brought Ayden along for the 1st gynae visit to confirm the pregnancy but not to the scan on sat as he had his last 5-in-1 jab that morning. wanted him to rest at home. Also won't be bringing him along this Thurs as will be going to NUH from work for the scan in the PM

lsntyl> i c.. DH is keen to get YX involved but i think he's too young to understand lah. i'll be having my first gynae visit this thursday too. feeling a little anxious... and i thought i'm an experienced mom. enjoy your date your bb this thursday.

cocomama>thanks. you have a good visit at the gynae. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hope bb is guai.

actually, I think you might be surprised by how much the children understand. The other day, I brought Ayden for a walk and we passed the childcare near my mom's place. There were 3 little girls around the same age as him there and they were so happy when they saw him. Think they must be really bored in there. They just kept watching us from the window and following us when we walked. When I told Ayden tat its time to go, he actually protested. I then asked him if he wants a meimei or didi to play with him n was surprised when he said yes. I intend to slowly get him involved. Should be bringing him for all subsequent visits. Think its good to slowly introduce him to concept of having a sibling. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cocomama and tyl, may you have a good visit at the gynae!!!

For me i brot my son for my gynae visit during HW's time...he is so excited to see mei mei and till now he still remember wat he saw during the scan...

Hello mummies! Been a long, long time since I last came in to chat.

Congrats to YL, Lin, Andie, Cocomama and other mummies who are expecting #2 or #3. Little Chris is having a didi/meimei soon and I am now 12wks, same as YL *wave wave* [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

This pregnancy is more challenging, with more severe MS but luckily only lasted for 3 wks. Been feeling v tried, perhaps also trying to run after the little rascal at home.

YL, I did my Oscar yesterday and BB was v active too. Like u, I don't recall Chris started being so active at wk 12. BB was busy waving, touching the face and legs. Very cooperative though and gynae managed to capture the measurement of the fluid below the neck within 5min.

yuki>congrats! hee, so happy got company in same month. So we're due around same time huh? mine is 28 Feb. A bit nervous about the oscar test. hope it goes well.

I can't quite remember the timeline but is bb made in greece [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies, need your feedback on your fav. strollers..

want to sell my Peg Perego 2009 Pliko P3 for something lighter, more comfortable. so many brand in the market

YL, my EDD is 24 Feb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Haha, is post Greece BB. Hubby said it was the mediterranean food we had in Greece that we bingo within a month.

Don't worry, the Oscar will be fine. Enjoy your time with BB!

megan> thanks.

yuki> congrats!! i swear i was thinking about you yesterday as i recalled you were planning for #2 mid of this year. hope you will get a little 'Yuki' this time round.

yuki>hee, so you got a dragon bb too. the trip was a great idea by your hubby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks Cocomama and Megan. Yes, will name BB 'Yuki" if is a gal. Am sure I will be jumping in joy if this is a gal [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Megan, u r so clever! Have not informed my friends and this forum is the 1st place I break the gd news. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yuki>hee, we're lucky then. actually saw your post about being happy yest and wondered if it was cos you were preggers but I told myself don't think too much. so was v pleasantly surprised to see your post. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

no lah. maybe my mind all bb now. I wanted to ask Jo when she's going to have her #2 too when I saw the pix of Shayne carrying a cute meimei :p

Yes, I love the pic and melts my heart to see both of them carrying the BB, v lovey.

Now I am getting worried with the night feeds. Nightmare to restart the 'no day no night' looking after NB again. My gf suggested express and bottlefeed but I still prefer direct latching. Haizz, feel that I am making my own life difficult sometimes.

megan>I only saw the happy happy part. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] din see the rest. :p

yuki>I also prefer to latch. Don't like expressing and bottle feeding unless I've no choice. Hopefully our #2s will not be too difficult at night lah. I find it helps a lot to latch lying down. Less tiring.

Gals,

A lot of good news flying around! Hhehehe. Congrats to Cocomama and Yuki! It sure is nice to hear stories of pregnancy and soon to be NB stories all over again. Brings back that nostalgic feeling. I'm settled back in Shanghai already.

It was a great holiday back home but at the same time, I am also relieved to be back coz' at least I have some help with chores back here. And of course DH is happy to have us home with him. This home trip, I've also been updated of friends' good news of #2. I guess a lot of them just wanna quickly have it and can 'close shop'. I've been thinking about it and talking to DH and the conclusion is that we are both not ready. I just cannot imagine passing Nat on to someone else's care while I take care of the 2nd one full time.

Because I know for sure, it's not easy to juggle 2 kids. Plus Nat was with me right from the start. And it's only occasionally she gets left in the care by my mom when I'm back home or if she's in SH. I somewhat don't feel any pressure to have a 2nd one too coz' I think I am still discovering Nat in many ways. Everyday, she's just growing and amazing me in a lot of ways. And if I were to be pregnant, and eventually be caring for the 2nd one, I'll lose out on a lot of these moments.

Idealistically, we'd love to devote as much time to our firstborn. But realistically, given a situation like mine where DH travels so often and I still can't entrust Nat with helpers here, I think I'll go mad. So while I miss those early days of Nat, but I'm looking in anticipation of what's to come. And I still wanna be 100% there for her. So I guess I still am not ready.

ahhahaa...

congrats Yuki...

Chris is going to be a korkor too... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lucky you, have TYL almost same due time...

great support... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ya hope my pix movitate alot of you to try for 2nd/3rd ones... hahahah...

Muz thanks my niece liao...

So far no planning for me yet... maybe another year or so... Am having a koala bear at hm now..

cant afford to be preggy until he settle down in sch... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lsntyl> i missed replying to you.

i do get some pleasant surprise now and then when YX display more understanding than i had expected. i just think that an ultrasound might be too abstract for him to understand cause' i myself cannot make out where is the head/tail from the black and white snowy screen. perhaps when there's more obvious 'physical' signs, i will start preparing him.

lamb> thanks. initially, i have the same sentiment as you. and honestly was not expecting #2 so soon, but since rice already become porridge, just got to make the best out of it. But hearing some heartwarming stories like how he would sayang the little girl at his nanny's place and how he would try to engage other kids to play make me think that all will be good. i'm sure he would enjoy the company of his sibling in time to come.

having said all that, enjoy Nat for now. i'm sure you will be ready when the time is right.

cocomama>hee, ya. Ayden looked v blur at the first ultrascan. maybe cos bb was just a small blob. but at 2nd scan, he was bigger n can see eyes/hand/mouth/fingers, etc. so cute lor. hope next visit will b better.

febie>the photos really sweet lor. nowadays, ayden is more sticky to his papa than me so I can get a bit of rest when his papa is home.

lamb>like cocomama, I actually didn't want #2 now. but now that he/she is here, will make the best of it. somehow, we will manage de. I'm sure you will too when u are ready. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

febie,

Didn't get to reply your last post earlier about hardship in Singapore. After watching PM's rally the other day, I realized that it is really tough for the younger generation in Singapore with jobs competition and also lack of housing. I have gone through that stage. Maybe not so much competing with foreigners for jobs but I can understand what it's like to be fresh from school and not getting any response interview after interview. During GE, I couldn't understand the kinda pain that my friends back home were talking about and why there was so much angst. But this trip home has been an eye opener for me.

But have faith that things will change, ok? It won't be a drastic change but a gradual one. I guess a government cannot listen to every complain as well, otherwise, it'll just lose its focus.

firipy,

A little delayed on my reply to your post on the tantrums bit, but I hope things are getting better for Ayden09. Nat has her tantrums stage on and off. I have also sought advice from friends and read books and got reference from my mom on how to discipline and manage these tantrums. I guess some of the ideas that the gals threw out here are really good. For Nat, I usually do the ignoring thing. If she throws her tantrums in public and I get dagger stares, I usually will try to distract her with something else.

I don't think I can ignore when I'm in public as I have to consider the ears of others. Nat at some point in time, have tried to pinch and pull my hair to cover her embarrassment when being scolded and I had to tell her with a firm NO. Otherwise, she'll usually look really sad and then explode into tears. There are also some days where she'll just do nothing but cry for no reason. And that usually happens in the evenings when she really wants to go to bed. I guess no matter what disciplinary methods we hear from others.

Most importantly, it's to be consistent and also something that you're comfortable with. As for grandparents 'spoiling' the kids, you don't have to be overly-concerned. Because kids are smart. After a while, they'll realize who is the one who disciplines and who are the ones that dote. As long as when he does something wrong, and you offer the due punishment, he will still listen. He might not listen to his grandparents but if it's from you and depending on how firm you've been on past records, I believe that he will listen.

Hopefully things are better for Ayden09 now.

Cocomama,TYL enjoy your pregnancy...

all of you will be more prepared and relax I hope... if a helper is needed, by all means...

dun shoulder everything on your shoulders.

YL, after sending Shayne to childcare, he becomes super sticky... he will play with his dad for a while and still look for me...

Guess must wait till he overcome his fears then he will not stick to me like a leech... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lil Lamb, yes really tough...

I guess when our tods grow up, they will be foreign talents somewhere.

Changes in Sg wont be overnight.

It's either better or worst now.

But what can we do? Just ensure we keep our rice bowl so that we can survive and provide.

And i read your earlier post, I dun think you will and should leave Nat alone when you are expecting your no.2. We dun need to shower 100% attention to NB. instead should focus on the elder one... I think you will know how to manage when the time comes. Jia you. No stress and I believe you will enjoy your 2nd time parenting a new born. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

With Nat, it's all abt learning etc to provide the best ever care and attention.

Jia you.

Hi Ladies, we are looking for mums whose babies are now 0 to 12 mths for a short 15 min survey in our office. Token - 30 bucks NTUC voucher. Criteria: You must be user of Abbott brand of formula milk e.g. Similac or Gain IQ. Interested mums, kindly SMS me your name, age, hp no and baby's month to 97640028. Thanks, Sally

megan,

Glad to hear that you had a good trip home. It's so great that Malaysia is just nearby for you to head home. For us, everytime wanna go home, gotta think about airfare, timing etc. 5 hours doesn't seem to long but when you have a restless toddler on board, it seems to be like forever. Thanks for sharing with me your experience when having HW. You are right, good help is important. Level of trust has to be built and it takes time.

My current helper is good with Nat and you can see that she genuinely cares about Nat. But it's just me myself. I have yet to completely let go. Although I am doing bit by bit, letting them build a relationship. Nat loves her a lot too, treating her like family. Maybe when Nat is a little bigger and is heading off to school, then it'll give me more confidence to let go.

wah! congrats all the preggy mums again!

it's good to see all the posts though i'm more of silent reading.. heh.

anyway, i'm about 23/24 weeks preggy, having a mei mei to accompany my little girl =) going to start looking for a helper already cos we calculated the cost of infantcare+part time maid when i go back to work part time aft a period of npl will be even more ex and we figured there will be much more housework at home. hubby and I also thought with a helper at home to do all the housework, we'll be able to give more time to both kids individually as well as couple time. we hardly have much couple time in terms of going out now!

we did tell enxi that she's having a mei mei. infact from about 10 weeks til 18 weeks or so, she was really sticky to me and starting behaving a bit more insecurely. but now she seems much better but i keep telling her mei mei loves her and got her her 1st little present from mei mei (just some stickers).

maybe should start another thread for all dec/jan babies and 2012 babies.

lamb> i totally understand. take ur time. in fact i think 3 yrs plus is still a good gap. for me, it was more like we were open to having a second one anytime after enxi turned 1 but we actually thought the gap would be much bigger. but like everyone else, will think of all the pros. =)

Hi Mummies

Re: Lamaze Musical Toy - $14

I will bulk purchase lamaze musical toy with my friend but now still short of 5pcs to meet the MQQ. The px is $14 ( come with plastic bag packing) Let me know if you re keen and PM me.

The delivery time will be in 2 weeks (-+) once the order is closed

The collection place : Yishun, AMK, Bishan, YCK, TPY, Taisheng and Expo Mrt

Thank you. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5908411.jpg]

wow so quiet...

Congrats Melissa... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

febie> thanks. after having been through one and knowing how fast the pregnancy journey ends, i will try to enjoy every moment of this.. including hunger pangs and nauseas.

melissa> congrats on having a mei-mei. I think Enxi will be thrilled to have a playmate soon.

lsntyl> how was your OSCAR? I only managed to see the sac at my visit. I thought I was already in week 6+, but apparently it was only week 5+. got a follow-up visit in 2 weeks time.

i realized that i am getting more short-tempered (i hope it's only due to the hunger pangs) and crave for spicy food. i am worried that i will end up with a chili padi come April.

smalldreams> i happened to pass by the bazaar (i think it should be the one that you were refering to). i wonder why all the food stalls there sell the exact same thing with the exception of one stall which sells grilled chix, and another which sell food other than fried stuffs. still i bought something to eat and loved the spiciness.

melissa>you told us b4 that you have #2 rite? If i recall, bb due in Dec? So nice to have 2 gals. I hope my #2 will b a gal. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cocomama>OSCAR went well. It was nice seeing bb again. I craved for spicy food for #1 too. So far, #2 got no big cravings.

smalldreams>hubby n I went down to the bazaar too. aiyoh, couldn't decide who to buy from. all of them machiam selling same food. :p

Back