(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

flower

Gynae said my increased itch is sue to dry skin. I gotta put more moisturiser. U try to put more also, hopefully it will help.

girly

Yeah I'm worried that my eyesight will worsen after lsik then develop myopia again, or that the correction not 100% & cannot correct everything lor.

Coz if it's true that after Lasik cannot wear contact lenses, then I will kena specs for the rest of my life leh! And dunno if I can do enhancement/recorrective. Scully cornea too thin or something haha.

hi ladies,
i here to report for Sept MTB, nw abt 12weeks le. Jz like to ask anyone has started to drink milk? which brand is recommended? have tried mamil and anmum samples so far..think abit sweet for me. yet to try similac..any advise?

jasmine,

my cost ard sgd350.

jul04, ya lor 4 vials my to, moreover tt tat i din take my breakfast fainz

my gynea only measure baby neck leh. at least ur gynea say will call u for result. for me say no call then mean good news??!!

jul04,
i put more cream liao, less itch but body sticky :p

dear mummies,

BTW , how many months of maternity leave you wish to take, im tot of taking full four months straight, any advise.

cuz i worry after i back to work no more back up for me, i hardly can take long leave lioa.

hi MTBs,
went for my gynae appt yst.. so excited..! was sup to be 8w 3d yst.. but bb growing faster so i'm "promoted" to 9w 3d.. YES!! means 1st trimester ends 1 week earlier!

surprisingly, alt i lost 0.5kg since 2 weeks ago, bb grew from 3.6mm to 25.6mm yst! finally saw e head, umbilical cord etc.. so cute..

my EDD oso shifted forward to 23/09/09.. =)
so amazing............

oh ya, i tested urine yst during gynae visit too.. a bit on e sweet side! oh my god..

my i cant dun take sweet drinks.. v bland taste in mouth.. any MTBs got any non-sweetening drinks to recommend?

flower4: i intend to take all 4 mths of my mat leave.. ;p

girlygirly,

ohh.. mine only on hormone pills and jabs hehe. how much does per jab cost? mine cost $80+
ya its painful... the needle is straight leh... just that they need to insert the whole needle in as need to jab the muscle and not other places.

jul,

its ok hehe. my gyne dun give fish oil unless we request. keke to him he feels that it dun help. its best use during breastfeeding.

cho,

me too , only survive in liquid, my baby oso boom! amazing..

i take plain water will vomit too..

4months ah. oooh.. some pple as me take 3months then keep one month for half year usage but i worried i dun hav chance to take long leave when i back to work.

crystal z:
what r the jabs for? so far i din hv any jabs leh

flower4:
tink i will take onli 3mths 1st, then on n off to clear the 4th mth slowly.

So have u gals drinking those milk for pregnancy?

morn gals, hope u had good weekend

congrats to those who have crossed over the 12th week mark! a milestone crossed. 2nd trimester will definitely be more enjoyable. im crossing mine this week.

delfin
im taking soymilk and ocassionally HL. i still prefer soya though.

gd morning : )
yup, i can't wait to hit 12 weeks this Thursday! Actually, last week, I suddenly had some red bleeding. Rushed down to gynae, luckily baby was growing and well. But I was given medical leave and a jab...scary...anyone had this sort of experience before? I wonder why it happens...dunno whether its because I am weak or what...

morning,

mamato5js i am into 13 wks already...kekeke...

RE:ML
well...if we count 4 mths or 112 days...let said out edd is on 1 sept then clear 1 shot and we will only need to report to work for 10 days in dec and it will be a new year...

for me i have cleared my ML 1 shot the last preggi...
now me also going to do the same...
least the work bother me and affect my milk supply...

wow how nice 13 weeks! i wonder why my gynae refuse to let me be "promoted" even though my baby's size is already 1 wk plus ahead.

caspinall
my gynae said that as the placenta moves upwards we still may experience some bleeding. as long as not excessive and baby growing well is ok. my last check up, placenta still low even though my bleeding has stopped. he said need about another mth for it to move into the right position.

Mama5Js,
Thanks! That's reassuring to hear : ) Haha...I still don't feel particularly pregnant..I mean, my tummy has not grown too much and I haven't put on any weight..but I suppose, suddenly overnight, soon, the tummy and weight will just balloon. Thought of getting maternity bottoms but I still don't need cos I have a few drawstring skirts

caspinall
oh good for you! u dun need to have big tummyto show u r preg haha!! how i envy u cos my tummy is protruding now. and mind you, its not the baby ok, its all of ME!!! the baby is only few cm plus the waterbag all that, how much can u put on ur tummy. so i conclude, its my own fats! hehe...

Hi ladies,

I'm from Jun 09 thread. I have 2 tins (700g each)of Similac Mum for sale. Selling at $15/tin, with a complimentary $5 voucher for each tin, on your next purchase of Similac Mum.

Self-collection at Clementi MRT station on weekday nights or Sembawang MRT station on Sundays.

Interested, please PM me. Thanks.

haha...actually, i did have a spare tyre before getting pregnant so there is a tummy sticking out lah...just that I am thankful I can still wear my normal clothes..i just look fat in the stomach. I am watching my weight gain. I don't wanna be caught in a situation where I put on excessive weight that is unhealthy. So in fact I cut down on carbo intake. But i take lots of lean meat, fruits and veg. Can't wait to exercise again. I actually started a jogging schedule 3 xs a wk 2 mths before I found out I was pregnant in Jan this year. But it has been stopped indefinitely as gynae told me no exercise due to my spotting. With last week's bleeding, I wonder when I can exercise again

Morning gals
happy.gif

caspinall
wah no matter how hard i try i cant cut carbo leh. i used to take half a bowl of rice everyday now i need 2 bowls. if i get hungry i get giddy spells, nausea and all sort of problems pop up. i hate it!

JUL
hello! u happy la, 2nd trimester already
happy.gif

jasmine

Mine was package for both OSCAR & FA scan. With the FBI discount, I think it was something less than $400.

flower

U mean ut gynae did the OSCAR for you? Mine done by lab at TMC mah, so maybe that's why they will pass the report to my gynae instead? But I wun get the report to see for myself until my next appt 4 weeks later. Sian to wait so long man.

Abt Maternity Leave, I will prob take the whole 16 weeks. No pt breaking up, I feel. Very disruptive leh. Then if breastfeeding then how?

cho

U took the urine test on that little stick with 2 coloured squares? One green & one yellow right? Hmm then I guess u gotta cut down on sugar liao.

crystalz

My gynae gave me the pink pills & the fish oil. She prescribe, I take lor, since I dunno anything anyway hahaha.

But v gross to take all these pills leh!

caspinall

Since u have bellding, u have to take care & listen to the gynae. No exercise until he clears u the next time u see him.

For me, I kena banned no exercise since I m/c b4, & I kena spotting for this one.. so I have not been exercising since 3 mths ago!

But I did sign up for preggie aqua aerobics at KK. Starting in May. I will be about 20+ weeks then. Haha think will be quite hilarious to have this big tummy bouncing ard in the pool.

mamato5, caspinall

I also cannot cut carbo, will get the same sort of probs like nausea etc, just like mamato5.

But I need to improve my fruit & veg situation. Not enough intake haha.

mamat5J

wah, your appetite is very good. I thought mine already big. I have always been someone who needs quite a lot of carbo. I haven't increased my intake yet due to MS but previously only increase by abt 20-50%, not as much as you. During preg, I eat like a man, sometimes even more than hubby. Luckily, baby absorbs quite well and my weight gain is within guidelines.

Jul
why don't you call your gynae to check in 1 week's time? Results are usually ready in 1 week. My gynae will call me to let me know over the phone so that I don't have to wait so long.

delfin
welcome! I tried Similac and Anmum chocolate previously. Both taste ok but I prefer anmum as I find Similac difficult to dissolve. Always leaves lots of lumpy residue which I don't like. Don't think I've tried Mamil. Have bought Anmum but haven't started to drink yet. So far only drink Calcium fortified soya bean. Heard that drink those pregnancy milk can put on weight very quickly so will probably start in 2nd trimester.

crystalz
wah, poor thing, gotta jab 2x a week! I got 2 jabs so far. Its so painful. I seldom find injections painful but this one is one of the most painful jabs I've had.

hi Jul_in_2ndTri*woohoo* (jul_04),

have not sign up for the FBI at TMC.

Already spent $150 plus for 1st visit. my 2nd visit i going to take oscar test. thus, shld i sign now?

Yeh, think my MS is going to end soon. Whole weekend only puke once and just a mouthful of water. This morning, didn't puke even though I didn't have time to eat breakfast before coming to work. Still have a bit of nausea but feeling so much better already. Looking forward to my gynae visit this Friday.

mamijoan

No lah, I will get my results tdy. The photos gotta be with my gynae till my appt 4 weeks later. I wanna c the photos leh!

huishan

I think u shd sign up if u intend to deliver at TMC also. Is ur gynae at TMC? That will give u further discounts.

hi jul, so i shld sign up before my 2nd check-up. anw how much discount am i entitle to for the oscar test? will not be going down again. thus, got to sign up by post i guess.

huishan

U can sign up before ur OSCAR appt. Just go to the recep desk & they will process for u in 5min. When u show the receipt at the OSCAR lab, u will get the 10% disc.

Morning Everyone,

Anyone know when can start using medisave for prenatal check up ?

Mamijoan
I also thought my MS has subsided. But seems like it will come on & off. Sometimes i still feel bloated. Guess it depends on the food i eat.

Jul04
You mean eating carbo will curb nausea ? Maybe it stop the hunger pangs izzit?

Mamijoan and Flower4> Cos of heartburn, I'm really careful of what I eat now. Nothing sour or acidic. Food must not be too "flavorful", like too much sauce or seasoning. No drink with meals too. But if sway sway get it, drinking milk helps.

Cho> Same thing happened to me! I tot I should be in my 7th week but during my scan last Sat, Doc said I'm in my 9W4D already! I lost 0.5kg too but baby grew quite a bit. I even saw him/her moved! So cute!

hui chern

Morning!

U can't use Medisave until u deliver! When u deliver, u can show them the antenatal package & the hosp will help u to claim. Think max is $450 for antenatal.

For me, I get nausea if I let myself get v hungry. And I am the type who needs to eat carbo even b4 preggie one. Maybe that's why if my carbo level drops, I get nausea lor.

Hi MTBs,

I need comments if my consultation price is ok or on high side.
My 1st consultation was $100. The second consultation was like this:
Folic acid $10
Blood test $80
Consultation $55
Quick scan $40

Just to share with everyone, if u go to TMC for OSCAR test it's abt $300 but if you go NUH it's abt a hundred dollar cheaper.

bitsy

My consultation & simple ultrasound is $48 each. I din get foliac acid from gynae.

What blood test r u talking abt?

Blood test for ABO, FBC, HIV, HEP B, VDRL also not sure what all these are but I'm quite sure I'm healthy cos just did body checkup not too long ago.

I feel that my doc a bit ex. I'm not sure what's the avg so decided to ask you guys. If she's really on the high pricing side then maybe I'll change a doc. V shiong to pay so much.

Jul
oh i eat lots carbo but i also take lots vege and fruits. i still trying to cut carbo leh, dun wanna put on too mush weight. already my jeans and shorts all cant fit!! best is to wear dress everyday.

eh why OSCAR got photos to see? not FA wat

bitsy
i think i ever shared b4 my gynae fees must be the most exp!!

it always goes something like this:

consultation 100
ultrasound 155

not incl fish oil 50 plus obimin 10 and if there is blood test, my pocket will tear lagi bigger hole!!

bitsy

Oic, that blood test. I need to go home & check my bill. Din really pay attn coz hubby pay. But if I rem correctly, it's ard ur price.

I think ur doctor is on average pricing for private lor. There are some v cheap ones tho, that have packages for $500. My package is $740.

mamato5

I tend to reach for carbo when I m hungry. Fruits or veg just cannot make me full when I m hungry lor. But I must really try to increase my intake.

Coz OSCAR also got ultrasound scna mah, so of course got photos to see. Haha I think u forgot liao issit?

JUL
i no forget! i never do OSCAR before haha... only do triple test. whats ur NT result?

me too me too!! when hungry no.1 is look for carbo. my waist line v pathetic now! but my boobs which used to be pathetic are now quite glorious keke...

Back