(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

pam
dont worry.. i just want non-fizzy easy to manage hair but i dont want it too flat also.. so i rebond but nv take gd care of it everytime.. contradicting hor and waste money? yah i know.. not suppose to tie and wash hair for the next 2/3 days rite? but i normaly wash after 2 days :p

now waiting for my hair to grow longer so can do something... just now wanted to layer so the back looks like a V but not long enough lor..

rem ur hub says i'm the 2nd mummy who have such long hair.. but i think my hair not long leh.. haha.. and the most impt words from him "Sarong is the greatest invention!"... i've been looking at sarong too cos desperate lah but so ex then been delaying the purchase.. i guess i will soon be getting it.. hehehe... need to psycho my hub now...

<font color="#6600ff">Milkyway</font>

Haha, He did tell me he told you, "Before he was a father, he thought the Air-con was the greatest invention. But after becoming a father, The sarong was the greatest invention."

The sarong is cheap... The stand is only $80+. It's the automatic rocker that's expensive.. Costs $169 I think. There is only one model that comes with music.

Pam
yeah he told me the same words too!! hahaha... the stand is only 80+? hmm the one i saw was $139 or something leh... hmm think i'll go KP to check out again.. yah the automatic rocker is ex!

Hey ladies, sorry i will not be able to make it later for the buffet. Hope u girls have fun!
happy.gif

oh yar i placing order for Fitti 360 hor then can anyone advise if i should continue to order S or go to M coz now my girl is wearing S size mamypoko. I GOT NO SAMPLE!! >.< dont wan later she cannot wear or wear awhile S nia, coz i read from some of your feedback that Fitti's cutting is smaller?

And must order minimum 3packs for each size. If buy wrongly jialat jialat >.<

<font color="#6600ff">Milkyway</font>

I bought my stand at $85 I think.. It's about 2m high and light blue... My HB said the $139 is the chrome one. The light blue one will do. Stable enough.

michelle, kiki

i've kind of decided to get parklon coz $200+ is too much to spend on a mat. i figure if mel n jenifur's can last a few yrs, the quality can't be that bad. n they dun have any mould probs either.

kiki

actually the 2300mm n 2100mm not much diff in size hor? 20cm niah? but i'm worried abt the weight. one of the aug mummies bot the 15mm, 2100 x 1400 one n said it's 10kg! aiyoh too big n heavy also hard to use leh.

milkyway, mel

dunno y i aws need to pump for 30min one. think my holes are really few n small so the milk takes forever to come out! no wonder sam doesn't wanna latch if it takes so long!

milkyway

i also rebond my hair for the same reasons - dun like it totally flat, but just not frizzy n 'pong pong'

pam

i wanna grow my hair, or change my hairstyle! the waviness n pong pong is getting to me! why does my hair stand up at the top of my head! argh!

u got pm! haha now i dun need to rem to collect cash from u!

<font color="9264ff00"> Parklon Playmat</font> - Hi, anyone has lobang for this "parklon" playmat?

<font color="9264ff00"> Swenson's Gathering at Compasspoint</font> - I try to see if I can make it or not cause I need to go collect my soup first... I will sms Rach if I can make it...

<font color="9264ff00"> Pam</font> - Okie.. will go colour my hair then
happy.gif
My hair like cannot rebond leh.. but I tired of my natural wavy hair that sticks out when its short now...
sad.gif

steph

I'm thinking of getting from smallsmallworld's BP.

My hair's short n sticks out coz it's wavy too! Frustrating hor???

finished pumping n spluttering..

Off to bed. Din have enough sleep yest n need to get up real early to go to MIL's again. Plus Sam's getting jabbed 2moro, dunno if I'll need to stay up for fever or what not.

Gathering

Have fun 2moro!

1 Dec Gathering

Oh yeah, it's still on n it's still at Swensen's right?

So erm.. can I not order ice cream buffet? Scully they force me to order then I super buay song liao haha. Still wondering if I can make it

jul,
Mine also very few fine sprays..sometimes only 1 spray. Wonder if theres any way to create more holes in our nipple.. Recently read that some of the mommies here took some medication to increase their supply. Have u tried it? Im tempted 2 try..

Sigh... my BB got blocked nose... cranky and having difficulty sleeping..
sad.gif

Pains my heart loh..

Later when I have time, I show u girls my family photo taken before the whole quarrel saga..

mel

me lor! i got domperidone from my gynae n supply went from 500 to 800-900ml a day

but the few fine sprays hor - nothing can be done abt it

<font color="dc143c">Michelle</font>
i dunno calendula good or not yet.. but i've been faithfully applying since i saw it loh..
and seems to improve slightly...
i just hope that it will not spread to the whole head...
last time her eye brow got a bit.. i put baby oil a few days then all gone liaoz..
i'll try for a few days if it doesnt work, then i'll put baby oil....

<font color="dc143c">prinzess</font>
the red one i want...is solid red... actually i like sweet butterfly too..
but dun have in spore leh..
chillichocolate?? got meh?? where?? never see it on the website....

<font color="dc143c">milkyway</font>
i apply calendula twice a day leh.. once in the morning after bathe and once at nite after wipe down..
for it to effectively work, need to apply everyday.. at least when i used baby oil on her eye brow previously, i also apply day &amp; nite..
it went away in a few days..
happy.gif

<font color="dc143c">Steph</font>
are u gg for Swensens at Compasspoint later??
sms me...
happy.gif

wahahhahaa... i type the above 2 sentence before i read ur post.. okok.. SMS ME!! hehehe.. :p

<font color="dc143c">Casandra</font>
my girl cant KO that well in it...gets more cranky, i need to pacify her more often, push the pacifier into her mouth...
10times more than when i sling her in my pupsik...
be it pupsik or MIM, she can KO in it from the time i leave home..to the time i reach home..she wont even wake up.. at least very very rare she will...
but with the manduca, whenever i sit down, stop moving, she'll fidget fidget...
and coz she cant lie down like in the pupsik, she dun fall asleep that well...in the sitting position...
ya..so.. for now, its not so good for me... i also dunno why...

i can be handsfree with Pupsik or MIM..and i can go shopping for hours in them...and frens wonder why my girl can sleep so well and so long..
its the power of pupsik..... hahha.. :p

<font color="dc143c">milkyway</font>
alot of 2nd hand in WTS thread selling sarong for less than $50.... u can get it there.. if u dun need the automated machine la...
$30 $25 also have..sarong stand with or without the sarong cloth...
then u just buy the auto machine if u want...save a few bucks...

<font color="dc143c">Gina</font>
later is ala carte.. not buffet.. Buffet is on 1st dec..
happy.gif

<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">Ice Cream Buffet @ Swensens @ Orchard ION</font></font>

<font color="0000ff">1 December, Tuesday, 2pm</font>

1. Rach
2. Waiwai
3. Angeline
4. Angel &amp; Gerald
6. stephie1735 (may leave BB at home with mum and bring #1 out for ice cream treat.. heheh
7. Blessed (tentative.)

<font color="dc143c">kiki></font>I just somehow saw ur post on whether we can postpone to 7th or 8th Dec....i was searching for the list and chanced upon ur post..
somehow i seemed to missed in on sunday.... I dun mind.. since we are having swensens later... i dun mind postponing it to 2 weeks later...

How abt mummies here? are u okay with postponing to 7th or 8th for the swensens ICB?
And i think can dun take the buffet... if u are not taking ice cream at all.. u can just take the main course...
Probably we can try to ask tmr...
happy.gif

Postponing buffet to 7/8 dec
im for it!! i cant go on 1st leh. my #3 has piano n twins have to go for their manga art class n so i will be busy sending n picking, cant drop by for ice cream
sad.gif

7/8 dec is good cos twins hv full day camp so i will be free. but if u gals decide to go ahead on 1dec then no prob la i join another time then

MIchelle

i think small small world has LG prime.. u can check with them... cos i asked abt prime when i was considering between prime and asobang... and she has it.... but considering prime 15mm is $250 and asobang 18mm is $270, i got the thicker one since $20 diff

Kiki

it comes rolled up in a carton, it's not super heavy but not light lor... can roll up and put on sofa when mopping floor....
happy.gif

Hey mummies....
Any gathering on 15 or 16 Dec???Me taking 1/2days on these 2 dates...heehee

Oh btw...when can we use baby carrier to carry baby?

Rach> when you coming back to work?

OMG....forget to take cash....hmm..no $$ for lunch..arrggghhh

<font color="ff3399">Morning mommies!!</font>

Ok, this is very random, but I wish my Hubs looked like this:

3287101.jpg

HOT DAMN. I am going to complain to my Hubs.

FYI: This guy's Cam Gigandet, stars in the movie Twilight (and the upcoming New Moon).

milkyway> pple advise to use olive oil 5mins before showering on de cradle cap, suppose to be useful. but i lazy to go buy olive oil. n not so serious his cradle cap

gina> think u better go for M. S abit too small. my boy 5.5kg using S, but i find de cutting small liaos. i left one more pack to finish, den half of his drypers S, den can move on to pampers S. think pampers is de biggest

jul> haha. only diff is parklon not much design for the 15mm mats. let's c wat hubby says =p

hair> heng i nv get to cut short my hair cos i delivered 3wks early =p

rach> oo. hubby say use olive oil

7/8dec icb> haha, 1st, 7th or 8th all cannot, cos i startin wk on the 1st
sad.gif

hollow> ok. i check with them on lg prime. thx
happy.gif

shelled
The photo is cool. Doubt my hubs will use a sling. But he'll use a carrier. Think its good enough.

Michelle
I'm the same as you. Did not get to cut my hair short cos my girl came 3 weeks earlier too.

cradle cap
The nurse at polyclinic also advise us to use oilve oil. She say its more effective. But she say baby oil also ok but not so good lor. Anyway I lazy to go buy olive oil so juz use baby oil. Heehee.

After applying the oil on the cradle cap, do we need to massage or juz left it on for 5 mins then rinse off?

ION Orchard ICB
7/8 dec I'm ok. Me gonna start work after Christmas. Sianz.

Rach:
Frozen BM would have some nutrients destroyed during the freezing and thawing process. The best is fresh BM from latching, followed by chilled BM, and then frozen BM.

Bumper Mat:
The one i borrowed from my friend is Parklon. The surface is rougher than LG, but provides friction for baby to crawl forward. This is my #1 on bumper mat when she was 6+ month old. Can see the creases as mentioned by Hollow

3287610.jpg

suddenly realise how fast my #1 has grown within 1 year... some of u who had met her at Curry Favour would see the difference

angeline>for the oil, rub in circular direction. after 5mins, use a comb to comb thru then bath as normal. my boy doesnt have much hair, so instead of comb i use wet cotton wool.

<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Milkyway/Rach</font>

You mus use a brush to comb out the cradle cap after calendula cream loosen it leh. Just applying e calnedula cream &amp; doing nothing will nt see e result u desire hor

Tink is more effective to use olive oil but I can only use calendula as Jed is allergic to olive oil

<font color="aa00aa">Bumper mat</font>

Now I wondering if mine is parklon / LG cuz I don't hv e creases.. But I'm v sure it shldn't b tt ex leh. Think I paid less den $200 bah</font>

hi mummies,

when do babies start teething? some say 4th month onwards, some say 9 months? reall big variation leh.. also, they say when bb start teething, they cry due to pain at the gums and they salivate alot too.

shelled:
my hubby used Pupsik sling a few days ago, some aunties kept looking at him haha

ICB:
i'm fine with 7/8 Dec, since we are meeting today liao

enxuan:
some babies start teething early, some are late. my #1 has her first tooth at 11th month! she kept drooling, refused to drink milk, and put fingers in her mouth

<font color="ff0000">Fresh EBM vs Frozen EBM</font>

Rach, good question! I went to read more about this.

Both offers the same exact nutritional values. It's a wrong perception that frozen EBM will have less nutrients compared to the fresh EBM. It's not. You can google to read more info. BM contains fats, proteins, and carbohydrate, minerals and vitamines. All these will not be destroyed during freeze-thaw process. The only issue is the thawed BM may have a foul (metalic) taste that baby may reject, and that's due to excessive lipase in a mum's BM.

FM actually has more nutrients than BM, cos the manufacturer can just add tons in it. BUT, ONLY BM offers the most suitable/optimal nutriets for baby growth. And ONLY BM contains antibody (this is the only thing cannot be added to the FM).

<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Waiwai</font>

My DH always get stares whenever he wears e MIM slings. He also v cheeky.. if ppl stares for too long esp guys.. he will ask if they wana learn, he can offer free coaching *haha*

<font color="aa00aa">Kam</font>

You really do yr homework ya.... Tt's why no FM company dare to declare there're prodt is as gd or even better den BM. e antibody is wat makes e diff... so mummies who are down w flu etc.. dun b afraid to bf yr bb.... You are not passing e virus to them, you are actually passing e antibody to them. Jed was e only one spared when e whole family was down w flu &amp; cough.</font>

Rach, Kam:
Think it is the amount of anti-oxidants that has difference in fresh, chilled and frozen BM

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136109,00.html

"This antioxidant activity declined after 48 hours of refrigeration. Freezing caused an even greater drop in antioxidant activity. But whether fresh, refrigerated for seven days, or frozen for seven days, breast milk still had higher antioxidant activity than formula."

Hey mummies

i have some boxes of Lansinoh for sales. My friend bought excess boxes in US for me

PM me if you are interested! Either post or meet up at Sengkang MRT station

<font face="Comic Sans ms"><blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Rosie Dodds of the National Childbirth Trust said: "It's useful to know that the antioxidant levels go down...and babies may need extra antioxidants.

"But levels tested in the breast milk were always higher than in formula milk.

"You should not say as a result of this study that mothers cannot freeze breast milk.

"There are many situations where you do need to store milk. For example, for very premature babies who need to be tube fed or women who are going back to work.

"It's still going to be far, far better for their babies than formula milk."

She said breast milk contained many other beneficial ingredients other than antioxidants. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

So end of e day... we jus hv to know tt BM be it fresh, chilled or frozen is still better ya</font>

rach,
okie, u help to ask today... 7 or 8 i would most likely be able to make it. but same as mamato6js, if u gals prefer 1 dec, then pls go ahead ya...there'll always be another time for me to join, so no worries at all!
happy.gif

michelle,
smallsmallworld does have LG prime. u can check with them again. i'm quite sure i saw it.

jul,
have u gotten yours? i'm still considering which to get.

bbq98,
the design i like is OOS. so most likely gotta wait 1-2mths. how abt the design u want. got stock?

hollow,
so u have gotten your mat,how do u like it? worth the $ or not? Prime seems to be larger in size then Asobang i think. i'm still wondering which should i compromise on, size or thickness. coz i think Prime has the 2300 size while Asobang is the 2100 size.

so yours came rolled up in the carton box? in that case, were there any creases?? does it like flip out at the edges due to the rolling up?

shelled,
is this the NEW sexy?.. men with a bb in sling + pacifier in his hand. lol!

Waiwai,

Thanks for the link. In the report, it says:

"We don't have a connection — yet — between ingesting breast milk with high levels of antioxidants and better clinical outcome".

Haven't had much time to post for quite a while.
Wanna share this with all here although it's a bit long. It's sent to me by my aunt. I almost cried...

(The irreplaceable void)

A story worth sharing

4 years ago, an accident took my beloved away and very often I wonder, how does my wife, who is now in the heavenly realm, feel right now? She must be feeling extremely sad for leaving a husband who is incapable to taking care of the house and the kid. 'cos that is the exact feeling that I have, as I feel that I have failed to provide for the physical and emotional needs of my child, and failed to be the dad and mum for my child.

There was one particular day, when I had an emergency at work. Hence, I had to leave home whilst my child was still sleeping. So thinking that there was still rice leftovers, I hastily cooked an egg and left after informing my sleepy child.

With the double roles, I am often exhausted at work as well as when I am home. So after a long day, I came home, totally drained of all energy. So with just a brief hug and kiss for my child, I went straight into the room, skipping dinner. However, when I jumped into my bed with intention of just having a well-deserved sleep, all i heard and felt was broken po rcelain and warm liquid! I flipped open my blanket, and there lies the source of the 'problem'... a broken bowl with instant noodles and a mess on the bedsheet and blanket!

Boy, was I mad! I was so furious that I took a clothes hanger, charged straight at my child who was happily playing with his toy, and give him a good spanking! He merely cried but not asking for mercy, except a short explanation:

"Dad, I was hungry and there wasn't anymore leftover rice. But you were not back yet, hence I wanted to cook some instant noodles. But I remembered you reminding me not to touch or use the gas stove without any adults around, hence I turned on the shower and used the hot water from the bathroom to cook the noodles. One is for you and the other is for me. However, I was afraid that the noodles will turn cold, so I hid it under the blanket to keep it warm till you return. But I forgot to remind you 'cos I was playing with my toys...I am sorry Dad..."

At that moment, tears were starting to run down my cheeks...but I didn't want my son to see his dad crying so I dashed into the bathroom and cried with the shower head on to mask my cries. After that episode, I went towards my son to give him a tight hug and applied medication on him, while coaxing him to sleep. Then, it was time to clear up the mess on the bed. When everything was done and well past midnight, I passed my son's room, and saw that he was still crying, not from the pain on his little buttock, but from looking at the photograph of his beloved mummy.

A year has passed since the episode, I have tried, in this period, to focus on giving him both the love of his dad and mum, and to attend to most of his needs. And soon, he is turning seven, and will be graduating from kindergarten. Fortunately, the incident did not leave a lasting impression on his childhood memories and he is still happily growing up.

However, not so long ago, I hit my boy again, with much regret. This time, his kindergarten teacher called, informing me of my son's absence from school. I took off early from work and went home, expecting him to explain. But he wasn't to be found, so I went around our house, calling out his name and eventually found him outside a stationery shop, happily playing computer games. I was fuming, brought him home and whack the hell out of him. He did not retaliate, except to say, 'I am sorry, Dad'. But after much probing, I realized that it was a 'Talent Show' organized by his school and the invite is for every student's mummy. And that was the reason for his absence as he has no mummy.....

Few days after the caning, my son came home to tell me, the kindergarten has recently taught him how to read and write. Since then, he has kept to himself and stayed in his room to practise his writing, which I am sure, would make my wife proud, if she was still around. 'cos he makes me proud too!

Time passes by very quickly, and soon another year has passed. It's winter, and its Christmas time. Everywhere the christmas spirit is in every passer-by...Christmas carols and frantic shoppers....but alas, my son got into another trouble. When I was about to knock off from the day's work, the po st office called. Due to the peak season, the po st master was also on an edgy mood. He called to tell me that my son has attempted to po st several letters with no addressee. Although I did make a promise never to hit my son again, I couldn't help but to hit him as I feel that this child of mine is really beyond control. Once again, as before, he a po logized, ' I'm sorry, Dad' and no additional reason to explain. I pushed him towards a corner, went to the po st office to collect the letters with no addressee and came home, and angrily questioned my son on his prank, during this time of the year.

His answer, amidst his sobbing, was : The letters were for Mummy.

My eyes grew teary, but I tried to control my emotions and continued to ask him: " But why did u po st so many letters, at one time?" My son's reply was: " I have been writing to mummy for a long time, but each time I reach out for the po st box, it was too high for me, hence I was not able to po st the letters. But recently, when I went back to the po stbox, I could reach it and I sent it all at once..."

After hearing this, I was lost. Lost at not knowing what to do, what to say.....

I told my son, " Son, mummy is in the heavenly kingdom, so in future, if you have anything to tell her, just burn the letter and it will reach mummy. My son, on hearing this, was much pacified and calm, and soon after, he was sleeping soundly. On promising that I will burn the letters on his behalf, I brought the letters outside, but couldnt help opening the letter before they turn to ash.

And one of the letters broke my heart....

Dear Mummy,

I miss you so much! Today, there was a 'Talent Show' in school, and the school invited all mothers for the show. But you are not around, so I did not want to participate as well. I did not tell Dad about it as I was afraid that Dad would start to cry and miss you all over again. Dad went around looking for me, but in order to hide my sadness, I sat in front of the computer and started playing games at one of the shops. Dad was furious, and he couldnt help it but scolded and hit me, but I did not tell him the real reason. Mummy, everyday I see Dad missing you and whenever he think of you, he is so sad and often hide and cry in his room. I think we both miss you very very much. Too much for our own good I think. But Mummy, I am starting to forget your face. Can you please appear in my dreams so that I can see your face and remember you? I heard that if you fall asleep with the photograph of the person whom you miss, you will see the person in your dreams. But mummy, why havent you appear?

After reading the letter, I couldn't stop sobbing. 'cos I can never replace the irreplaceable gap left behind
by my wife....
For ALL: Learn to be more forgiving regardless of who make you angry and remember children are for us to love.

For the females with children:
Don't do so much overtime. If you cannot finish the work, it must be some kind of problems within the company, and it is not your sole problem. Feedback to your boss. Endless overtime may not necessary be the answer to the problem. Take care of your health so that you can treasure and take care of your little precious.
For the married men:
Drink less, smoke less, cos nothing can replace your good health, not even business nor clients.
Try thinking this way, are you able to work till your clients are totally dependent on you? or your boss is totally dependent on you? In this society, no one is indispensable.
Take care of your health, so that you can take care of your little precious and your loved ones.

The report says

"We don't have a connection — yet — between ingesting breast milk with high levels of antioxidants and better clinical outcome," Hegyi tells WebMD. "But clearly, fresh breast milk has a significantly higher concentration of antioxidants compared to stored breast milk or formula."

"Hegyi notes that destructive molecules called free radicals (search) can build up in an infant's tiny body. Antioxidants clear them away. Premature babies are particularly vulnerable to diseases caused by free radicals. And premature babies do better when fed breast milk than when fed formula. One reason may be that mothers' milk is rich in antioxidants."

just to correct what i mentioned earlier, it should be the level of antioxidant present in fresh / chilled / frozen BM... highest in fresh, followed by chilled, then frozen BM.

agree with Jenifur... we just need to know that BM be it fresh, chilled or frozen is still better than FM
happy.gif

did anyone catch Oprah on TV earlier? the program was on OVERWHELMED mums. i think sometimes many of us are overwhelmed but we try not to show it. maybe its in a mummy's nature to always try to cope alone without asking for help and try to be do everything so perfectly. actually there's no shame in asking for help. hubby's shd be 1st in line to help. the show also featured the mom who left her bb in the car for 8hrs. the baby died from heatstroke...very sad case. but it really goes to show how preoccupied her mind was with work to have forgotten abt her bb in the backseat.

Hey mommies...

Any idea where or is there freezer for rent?..Thinking of renting one in Jan 2010....cos of CNY..both my MIL n mum sure stock up ingredients....but my FBM is taking up all the freezing compartment...

<font color="9264ff00">sonnigt3</font> - Thanks for sharing the story... I teared reading it... This is something that I've always been telling my husband cause he's such a non On-Hand Daddy, I'm worried if anything should happen to me, he will not be able to look after the kids and house cause I've always been the one doing everything...

And cause of his bad temper, he may hit the kids without finding out the real reason.. I've sent this story to him to share..

Thanks!

Waiwai, if I going, I'll be having lunch there...
happy.gif

Cause now going to bath then go collect my soup.. if I can make it later, then I'll go over and have lunch there.. lol

Compass Point Gathering

Any mummies bringing bb in stroller later? Dunno if I can handle bb alone with the stroller. Later he needs to be carried, then I can't carry him and push the stroller at the same time. Can't handle the sling yet. lol :p

Back