(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Osh Gosh: It would be better if Jade could get a bassinet (personal opinion) cos at least when she is sleeping, she has a place to lie on.. If you get an empty seat, would be good too, but she prob need to stretch onto you legs for a better sleep.

Milk bottle sterilisation: Like Audrey, I stopped sterilising quite young too.. Cant remember when either..

Pravina: Yup, signed up for the abott event on 25 Jul, 3.15pm slot. Can you make it then?

Anymore mummies keen to join us?

YP Fiesta: Tried to go on Sat, but was detoured by the NDP rehearsal.. Got detoured all the way to Kallang.. Gave up eventually... Spent 2 hours on the road becos of that... So fed up!!

I am surprised the take up rate for the YP mag at the fair was still sooo.. good despite of that... Perhaps.. alot of ppl went there by public transport..

oshgosh, mangogal,

congrats..wow...more and more good news....keep them coming...
happy.gif

Pinkypink,

re: chickenpox jab, may i know who is your PD? did he or she recommend the jab with MMR?

my PD also said its okay to give that combined jab but i am very worried...so now very confused and our bb are reaching 15mts soon...

Edj, I see terrence tan at kinder clinic (my alvernia and holland). He said take the mmr n chicken pox together.
he showed me a chart where in japan the kids took vaccinations separately n their autism rate vs taking the vacs together. The autism rate was the same leh!

But I guess depends on u n ur pd la
happy.gif

Sunay went fr his first playnest in mandarin today! I didn't do the hol prog so first time seeing jg teachers at work... Fabulous!!!

I'm so surprised to see my baby sit on a chair n Sri k water by himself without running ard n sweetly eat by himself. Feel like he's all grown up!
happy.gif

<font color="119911">hw come recently so quiet? whrs everyone? btw dunno hw come all my contacts were wiped off frm my msn, pls drop me a line so i can add u all again k.</font>

Hi Mummies,

Sorry to interrupt.
I have a tin of Mamil Gold 2 to give away since my baby doesn't like it. It's been opened for less than a week. (Sembawang)

Please PM me if interested.

pinkypink, the JG mandarin class teachers are not bad ya.. is it Chen Laoshi as well? The only thing is that his classmates are all very young, I think only 2 other toddlers are around Keene's age, how about Sunay's class?

<font color="0000ff">Hi mommies - Qwik update: Bastion kena Roseola</font>
Fri to Mon nite he had fever. Was 39.4 between Sat nite to Sun lunchtime. Now he's full of rashes (face, trunk, neck) &amp; itz quite full-blown case so wl likely take a couple of days b4 rashes clear. Bt nt contagious. Frankly was real nitemare coz my hb was away til Sun nite. So I was up sponging &amp; chkg Bastion's temp throughout nite then day x had 2 drink kopi 2 try &amp; kp away til he cld nap -- then B1 wldn't let me nap
crazy.gif
Anyway, tink quite a few Apr Bbs had Roseola b4 bt here's a link on it 4 ref JIC (just in case) --> http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,6047,00.html
Dun tink I lost any weight thru diz stressful x tho coz I was so stress I was snacking alot!!!
kao_sticktongue.gif

Gallop, yeah its chen laoshi and kang laoshi and one more laoshi... fogot her name, very cute and energetic.

In Sunay's class he is almost one of the youngest leh! there are lots of 16 and 17mth old kids who have done more than a term of the same class before. Only one is 10mth and one is 12 mth...

how big is keene's class?

u r doing 11am at evans right? Just wondering, can Keene self feed with a spoon?

kidzskidz: u must take care, too....really peifu u...can survive few nights without sleep &amp; still joke abt it :cool:

pinkypink, think the other laoshi is Gai Laoshi..
Ya, we're doing the 11am on T,Th and Fri at Evans. Chen Laoshi said it's a full class, but on Tuesday there were only 10 babies, maybe 2 were absent..
Wow, Keene's class is the other way round, mostly younger tods, same with the english class too, edj also said that Edgar's classmates mostly younger.. maybe it's the timing

I've never let him try to self feed with spoon before, dont' want to clear up the mess that I think he'll make if I let him
happy.gif

Kidz, i am going thro the same thing as u except that Dexter's fever lasted longer. It started since sat and till now still having fever. The rash came out today and PD suspect roseola but she said if still having fever on fri then have to do blood test. He also rejecting his solids. Milk from bottle also don't want.

<font color="aa00aa">Poweball:</font> Oh dear, D 2? Fever diz long super worrying - praying it'l break by 2mr. Y'day e rashes spread all ovr Bastion's trunk n 2day down 2 his legs. So brought him 2 PD @ Mt A coz I read rashs 4 measles start on face then body n nxt e extrementies - whc was also wat he had. I panicked coz he was onli getting his MMR @ 15M as advised by PD. Tx God PD said itz stl Roseola... Small comfort tho as Bastion's appetite stl veri bad. He's like onli taking 3-4 bites of anything then stop eating. Haiz, hope both our boys recover soon. Anywat, PD said Bastion's rashes extensive n likely take e wknd d b4 clearing. His playdates agn postponed indefinitely :-/

paisay...can I ask Gallop, Edj, KP and Ratna which GUG and day u send yr kids to?? My hubby asked me to sign my younger son up...so must do some work now....

Powerball and Kidz: I hope your boys recover soon.

Kidz: Bastion sounds pretty bad with rashes and all.. Must have been quite stressful for you..

Cath,

we send our kids to JG Julia Gabriel not GUG
We send to diff class and diff timing.
Edgar is on tue and thur 11am english class.
Gallop/KP, send their bb to tue/thur/fri 11am mandarin class.
As for Ratna, i think she send hers to wed/fri 9am class.

happy.gif

Kidzs,

u r giving Bastion the MMR jab at 15mths?
are u giving the separate one as in one each for mumps, measle and rubella or combined?
i was told they still produce separate jabs just that they r more expensive...

gallop, i was just asking about self feeding cuz wednesday snack time was applesauce and they gave the kids a spoon to use to eat. Some kids at 16 mths were like really eating neatly with the spoon!!! I was super impressed! hope Sunay learns it too! i let him self feed steamed veggies and fruits at hm, but not with spoon. maybe should start?!

The other laoshi was not Gai laoshi, but today's lesson they hanged the 3rd laoshi and we met Gai laoshi. hehe. I'm so impressed by their energy levels!

Would u send Keene to Chiltern house later?

Pinkypink: Wow! Children at 16 months can self feed neatly with a spoon? How about asking the teacher how they teach them to do so? I still dont dare to let Val self-feed herself.. Cant imagine the mess and cleaning up.

Finally bought a high chair (ya.. abit late) for Val recently from Ikea.. She seems to enjoy sitting in it though.. Fed her some yoghurt from her high chair yest.. She kept wanting to climb up to the high chair when ever we put her down. Even willingly played her toys in it.. Pretty surprised..

Kidz, yep hope they recover fast. When they stuck at home, mummies also stuck at home. I also snacking alot. Already ate many tubs of ben &amp; jerry icecream as they have promo now.

Pinkypink, wow.. self feed. For Dexter, getting him to hold on to his snacks is already a challenge. He will take a bit and then throw everything on the floor.

Catherine, ya me n KP are in JG Evans Tue, Thur and Fri at 11am.. come join us. You can ask for trial class since beginning of new term they may allow

pinkypink, maybe it's time to let him try ya.. cos he can self feed his snacks quite well already. On wed was the story time play acting by the teachers? Tue and Thur was play acting then today storytelling with book, think the play acting was better at holding the children's attention

Gallop, KP, Powerball &amp; Edj: Does a parent have to be around? How long is a lesson? So far...must drive over...hmmm...there got any parking space?

Catherine, i not w JG. Mine is MyGym which is once a week n parent accompanied. Think only programs above 18mths can leave the child there alone. Hahaha, think u information overload.

Cath, Evans rd parking abut tough sometimes but if u come a bit early fr class then cab get easily la.
Playnest n playclub are parent accompanied, jg classes r all parent accompanied until 2.5yo I think..

Gallop, I gave him the pigeon spoon n bowl during lunch earlier with some porridge, but he still prefer to eat by hand fr nw... He did eat some yoghurt with the spoon though he was putting the spoon bkwards in his mouth
happy.gif
he fed me some too!

But after lunch must sweep, mop n change his clothes lor...

Btw, the 16 mth old I was mentioing can take off n wear his own shoes plus follow instructions excellently too! Maybe gg to jg n seeing this boy can mk sunay follow wat I say too!! I hopdodo at least!! Heh

Catherine, ya the classes are 1.30min and parent accompanied, think they are too young to go for class alone
happy.gif
Evans road got parking, actually not that difficult lah, cos the back also have a lot of lots.

Pinkypink, I've registered him for St. James in 2012, so don't think will go to Chiltern house, too ex.. are you planning to send Sunay there? Eh, the 16mth very advanced leh, I don't think Keene can do any of the things you mentioned, still blur2
Don't think I want him to self feed now after reading your post... too messy for me
happy.gif

catherine, yah, parking not diff, i usually reach just on time and there is parking space cos u can park behind the building
happy.gif
How come u thinking of sending bb for lessons as well?

pinkypink, i also registered isaac for st james, both prenursery and nursery at harding rd. gallop registered keene at the other outlet though..where are u gg to register sunray at?

KP,

u also registered ur boy at harding road? which session, I oso sign up my boy for the prenursery morning session, but just call them few weeks ago, i think for the nursery it will be at leedon, only for 2012 prenursery will still be at harding, if i'm not mistaken

<font color="ff6000">Roseola episode:</font> Bastion's finally 'All Clear'! Hooray!!! His rashes actuali started subsiding y'day &amp; he was all clear by diz AM. He also started 2 eat better y'day - finished a small bowl of pasta w salmon @ lunch &amp; dinner. Even ate a small banana. So I'm able 2 heave a HUGE sigh of relief now.

Ok, any outings nxt wk?
biggrin.gif

NESTLE NAN PRO 3 MILK POWDER

12 PACKS OF 1 SERVING EACH

For 10 Months onwards

Expiry Date: 02.12.2010

Self Pickup at East/Central Location

Direct Bank Deposit OR cash-and-carry accepted

$12 for 12 packs

Contact [email protected]

4181452.jpg

Kidzs,

congrats...glad that Bastion is okay now..must have been hard on you..

oh btw, any mummies has given your bb peanut butter...

yenz, yep, i signed isaac up for st james at harding rd, 11am class i think, waitlisted for pre nursery and confirmed for nursery. if i dont remember wrongly, only K2 is affected. But they will search for a new premise, will not be combining with leedon rd side due to space constraint

kidz, glad sebes is well ald
happy.gif

edj, i did after he turned one and he loved it for few days then got tired of it. but he eats it now and then... I've given him braised peanuts too(the chinese restaurant kind)...

I initially wanted sunay to go to barker road methodist church kindy.. n called them but they dont have waiting list one, you must just register and try your luck.

Then after he started JGC, im playing with the idea of chiltern house... still a bit torn but think i might waitlist for chiltern house when the waiting list starts for nursery and see how.

JGC also has pre nursery and nursery classes... but i dont know, gonna research somemore...

<font color="0077aa">Tx mommies!</font> Yah, I "terkan" my hb diz wkend. Made him get up each x Bastion asked 4 s/t. Bt strangely, in e wk his daddy was away, Bastion also kp going "Pa-pa, pa-pa" when he wanted things (he wld pt @ wat he want &amp; say it). He onli called me "ma-ma" like 2-3x -- when he was veri upset e.g. aft fighting w jie2 ovr toys. Initially I was bit upset he stopped calling 4 me bt aft my hb came bak &amp; I was so tired, it was kinda useful dat Bastion wasn't calling 4 me! Heehee
wink.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Powerball:</font> How's D? Did his fever break on Fri? Rashes subsiding? I noe B&amp;J ice-cream promo makes it even more tempting -- I had 2 summon up xtra will-power 2 NOT buy or I also wld b going thru tubs last wk if I had stocked up on B&amp;J... My "evil" was potato chips - Ruffles, Lays, Jack &amp; Jill...
kao_sticktongue.gif

<font color="119911">Pinky:</font> Baker Rd so far... why nt try e othr chr kindies in Bt Timah (if u specifically lookg 4 chr-based ones). Glory Presby opp Bt Timah Plz is veri popular. There's also Arise kindie (behind Beauty Wld) - my fren staying @ KAP sends her gal there &amp; signed her up 4 various enrichment lessons conducted on campus aft each day i.e. e gal spends like 4.5hrs on campus so her mommy has more x w e bb bro. Also, on wkends e parents nd nt run around sending e gal 2 various enrichment classes.
happy.gif

kidz, good that Bastion is well again.. Keene seems to have teething pain these days, like to keep his food in mouth, don't want to chew or swallow.. like little hamster storing his food in his cheeks, mouth don't want to move. Now go back to eating porridge, no need chew just swallow
happy.gif

I don't mind going for trial @ Staccato, especially if it's free
happy.gif
think KP sent Isaac before for trial

Anyone game to meet up next Friday, 16 July? I am on leave that day... I just bought the New York New York membership. How about New York New York at AMK Hub? Been a long time since I met up with you all.

Date: Fri, 16 July
Time: 1.00pm
Venue: New York New York, AMK Hub
(Open to other venues too)

1. Eviangal

Hi,

Sorry to disturb, but am urgently searching for lots of Enfapro A+ for my baby..

If you've stocked up any and would like to let go, pls pm me the price, expiry date and collection pt?

Thanks so much &amp; appreciate lots..
happy.gif

kidz- Oh. Barker rd mainly cuz I like the Methodist church sch environment... MG girl mah
happy.gif
and I would like him to have the same fun I did in mgs lor
happy.gif

But quite taken in my chiltern house's programme n teachers..

Back