(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

kidzskidz, my girl always sleep on 1 side oso, now her ears 1 side look flatter, i got her babysafe donut pillow, she dun like it oso, now trying to turn her to sleep on the other side..

Reiner/Chris,
my supply dropped 2weeks ago to ard 60ml per pump for every 3-4hr interval. Then I started making soup twice a week(10-12 kunning fish + 1/2green papaya + tomato each serve) and drink lotsa water. I also let my girl latch on from 9pm onwards until morning (to practice for work hours). Then express every 3-4hrs during the noon.
Then since last week, my supply increase liao... to ard 90-100ml per 3hrs interval. Last night, with 7hrs interval, I managed to express 180ml this morning. Not a lot, but at least increase liao.
I don't take fenugreek, cos i got asthma. But tried before (from GNC), and it does work.

<font color="aa00aa">cocobunz:</font> Rotavirus vac has to be given by 32wks and it to protect bb for the yrs to come. If u reali considering sending Claudia to grp care later, then she'll nd to take the jab 1st. Later too late oledi and it'll be lagi worst then coz exposure is veri much wider w more carers and other infants who dunno anything abt hygiene.

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Latest: WHO recommends rotavirus vaccination to be part of national immunisation programmes</font></font>
to avert half a million diarrhoeal deaths and 2 million hospitalisations a year. Read the story here
http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20090605-146477.html
Think quite essential coz strangers, frenz, relatives also wl hold bb's hand @ spur of moment. Then can't clean in time, bb put hand in mouth oledi -- yucks!

<font color="119911">yvonne:</font> I try to alternate bt when bb favour one side, short of taping his head into fixed position, quite tough hor? I dunno abt the flat ears theory whc I heard fr young. Bt in B1's case her ears started off veri flat, around 6-8M, they started to assume actual position whc was to stick out a little bt nt too much thus stl nice
wink.gif
So tho B2 now has ears stl so flat against his head, I'm adopting a wait and see attitude
happy.gif

Hi Mummies, I've been following this thread and would like to join your discussions to exchange tips!

I'm also an April Mum, delivered on 19 Apr @ TMC by Dr Adrian Woodworth =)

JamGal, claudia's bumbo seat aso in lavender color!! sweet sweet..

mousy pig,since i started work,initially i plan to latch her in the morning and nite but she refuse leh.ever since she sleep through mayb lack practice on latching. think she nipple confusion or lazy or forgot or no patience.
sad.gif

but heng the prob is not she refuse bottle and wan to latch,else i got prob gg to work.

kidz, oh u rite! i better be safe then sorry.

Yes! Yes! I am here! I am ok with both date
happy.gif
If on Monday then I have to bring along #1. Almost forgotten that Monday is a holiday (Youth day)

UPDATE: Let's see which date generates more response ok, we'll decide by Sun if its gonna be on Mon or Fri yah?

Date: 6th July (Coming Mon!)
Time: 1230pm
Venue: Depot Road

1. KP
2. Rose - Curry Chicken
3. Audrey + #1 + #2 - Still thinking!
4. Pei + bb - I bring assorted bengawan solo
5. Moogey + jade (KIV)
5. gallop + bb

Date: 10th July (Friday!)

1. KP
2. Rose &amp; Justin - Curry Chicken
3. Oshgosh_baby + jade
4. Kidzskidz + Sebastian (wl whip up Tomyam Chicken Pasta)
5. Audrey + bb E

maxi cosi dori is a carseat tt can sit til 13kg? if i m nt wrg..its nt plain infant car seat nor toddler seat..cuz nw got promo ma..save ard $110 so thinkin of gettin one...haha... cuz its jus secure the bottom of the carseat with the belt .... i wana go to those warehse cuz i wana try whether can fit my hubby car nt.. if nt buy liao wasted agn...but seems like more of the places no much promo...so if i go there try den i gotta go OG n buy...lolx..hubby sure scold me..

As for piko 3..i saw at OG ytd at 758? haha.. so find it sturdy...

Am fine with both dates
happy.gif

UPDATE: Let's see which date generates more response ok, we'll decide by Sun if its gonna be on Mon or Fri yah?

1. KP
2. Rose - Curry Chicken
5. Moogey + jade (KIV)
5. gallop + bb

1. KP
3. Oshgosh_baby + jade
5. Audrey + bb E
6. Pei + Mikaela - Bengawan Solo

<font color="119911">cocobunz,
it will b gd if u can collect frm her coz if post, im gonna do it onli after all the orders r ready so i go singpost 1 time onli. i will pass to her when i next meet her k.

moogey,
i shld passed ur bibs to KP oso since u meeting her, hopefuli u all meet up on fri so i can pass to rose on tues at my plc. else u wanna join us at sk for durian on tues?</font>

<font color="119911">Re: Durian Feast
Date: 7 July 09 (Tuesday)
Time: 2pm (Hi-Tea)
Venue: Sengkang

1. Kris
2. Rose
3. Catherine
4. Ow_mum
5. BB_mum
6. Pei
7. Marie + PIL (KIV)
8. Audrey + bb
9. Pat + bb (KIV)
10. Yvonne + bb

we confirm by monday morning so that i can drop by 717 n order, scare tuesday no durian.</font>

Oh monday is school holiday ya, i also forgot, then friday is better for me.. Rose if you want to try out the bumbo i can bring it on friday, since i will be driving, no problem to bring it along...

1. KP
2. Rose - Curry Chicken
5. Moogey + jade (KIV)

1. KP
3. Oshgosh_baby + jade
5. Audrey + bb E
7. Gallop + bb (still thinking what to bring)

Hi Jas, mine's a boy
happy.gif

Mummies, must not miss NTUC 3 day special that ends tomorrow - Pampers Active Baby M size $25.95 for 88 pcs!

tingting,
Yeah I am so blur! The maxi cosi infant car seat is Cabrio model, not the one that ow_mummy was referring to.

I find this infant car seat good cos the recline angle is good for infant and the head support is good. My girl doesn't mind being in the car seat cos it cuddles her and makes her feel secure I guess. Plus when we go to my MIL's place and we don't wanna bring a stroller, can just release the car seat belt and bring the whole car seat up.

I think my hubby bought the Maxi Cosi Cabrio infant car seat from one the Kaki Bukit stores that Marie was referring to. He wanted to get one from 0-4 years but the person advised him to get the Cabrio then the Priori. Total spent about $500 for the Cabrio (bought at $200odd) and Priori (bought at $268). Moreover after that can try to sell the Cabrio on this forum since it's quite highly sought after and 'recoup' part of the cost. ;) A 0-4 years car seat is quite expensive at min. $400-$500 too...

karrie,
I got the Maxi Cosi Priori car seat from Spring Maternity at AMK Hub. You staying nearby right, can go there and check it out. Think we can have a North April Mummies gathering soon hehehe...
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">I need help again.. My baby is having fever now.. 37.8 degree'

what should i do? really have to go hospital ah?</font>

Sophie the Giraffe

Mummies who are interested to get a Sophie the Giraffe, other than the BP with the Feb mummies which was cheapest at $29, the cheapest I could find was from this ebay link, total about $31. I asked my hubby to bid for me on ebay (I'm kuku, no ebay acct!) and got it through normal postage about slightly more than a week later, very efficient seller!
happy.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/SOPHIE-THE-LA-GIRAFFE-NATURAL-RUBBER-TEETHER-TOY-BNIP_W0QQitemZ270414940129QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Baby_Baby_Feeding_Dummies_Pacifiers_Teething_Aids?hash=item3ef5fc87e1&amp;_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&amp;_trkparms=65%3A2%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

HLW the Maxi Cosi Priori must use the Isofix base not? If still gotta buy the Isofix base, then not so worth it liao...yah i stay near AMK hub...later going to Suntec, so will prob check it out over there first...

Yap yap, we should have a North april mummies outing loh!

LovJ, did ur bb have jab yesterday or earlier today? 37.8 degrees is slight fever...if u have infant paracetemol, feed him that first and monitor. the fever cool gel sheets from 7-11 or pharmacies also help. just stick on bb's forehead. sponging and wiping down with cool water also helps (not icy cold)...if still doesn't get any better, then should see a doc.

I understand KKH A&amp;E wait is very long from some of my frens. And they would also just prescribe anti-fever meds if it's fever below 40 degree.

<font color="0000ff">O karrie.. i will do that..

baby 3 months can eat infant paracetemol ah?

not on any injection.. schedule on coming monday,. think need to cancel liao.</font>

LovJ, infant paracetamol shld be ok for babies.. cos whn you go for jabs usually the pd also give mah to standby just in case got fever... 1ml if i'm not wrong

Kris, that will be great... thanks, yah i can collect from rose. Rose, hope u don't mind.. thanks

karrie,
The Maxi Cosi Priori car seat on sale at Spring Maternity doesn't come with the Isofix leh... I went Mothercare and looked at the newest model, also doesn't come with it. Isofix is considered an accessory if I am not wrong...

<font color="ff3399">owmum, i got my pliko P3 stroller n Peg Perego V.. something car seat from kaki bukit, baby hypermart. cost abt 1k (900++ for both). the car seat only till 1yr but v comfy n cait can slp in it. then can carry like a basket also. but abit hard to install also cos must really pull the seatbelt lor..

the stroller really v sturdy leh.. me bon can stand on the back got foot rest for your toddler child and the stroller neva topple over also kiki just abit heavy to bring ard ourselves on cab w/o hubby

i think my P3 is the newest 08 when i bot last yr, now got 09 model le.. the diff is just the color n the material is newer n more cooling for baby

KP, urs is 07 or 08 model? cos in 08 i neva see ur color leh..</font>

<font color="ff3399">lovj, the doctors usually give Dhamol for babies, its a pink syrup then give 1ml.. then i saw watsons etc also sell baby paracetamol, can take as infants one..

try give ur boy some water to drink also.. hydrate him.. </font>

lovy, u can buy the infant paracetamol, it will come with the dropper so u know how much to give baby..
dun worry, my bb had slight fever that day too.. i put the cooling plaster on her head, and monitored her temp.. i called my PD, he said if below 38, no need give the paracetamol.. only if above then give..
hope ur bb's fever will subside soon.

<font color="0000ff">My baby next vaccine is on coming monday.. and today my baby had slight fever. wonder if he really recover by tomorrow. can he still go for the vaccine.. Thanks everyone for ur advise.

my baby fever come down after the infant paracetamol.. now still monitoring.. hope it continues.

any mummies live in the north area. wonder where u all bring ur baby to see doc if he is sick..? any recommendation?</font>

<font color="666600">LovJ: Ard Blk 400+ there's a PD quite gd. My sis &amp; aunt used to bring their kids there when they were babies. Dr Oei(pronounce as Wee)</font>

Hi Moms! Advice needed here….About maid and baby issue.

Any moms who have to give bb to the maid to take care when you have to go back work/study in the near future??

I am this kind of mom, I have to continue my study in business this October, and husband also full-time working. So we hired a Pilipino maid even before our baby Lea was born. She turns out a not bad maid, doing well in housework and more importantly, she is able to take good care of our baby Lea. So everything was going just fine.

Now our Lea is 3mths old already, and basically the maid spent quite a lot time with her at home, she got very attached to baby Lea. Sometimes when I carry bb walking around house, she will literally ask me to give bb to her to carry. In the beginning I thought it is not bad, at least our maid truly likes our Lea so that she can take good care of her. However recently I realize it is not this simple.

I used to read in our living room everyday, so I put Lea on the sofa just next to me, when she asks for attention, my maid can come close and sooth her. But recently our maid tends to always try to bring bb to another room which is out of my visibility, and play with her happily. I can hear lea laughs quite loud so I know they are just having fun. However, I don’t like to not be able to see Lea while she is with the maid, for many times I just go to that room to ask bb back. What is worse, for many times when I step in the room, I saw our maid was literally kissing bb Lea, playing that kind of “nose-to-nose” game, or blow wind to her tummy to make her laugh… I just feel it is TOO MUCH to me even though she just loves bb Lea. I could not just ask her to stop on that spot – for all the time we treat her quite well, because we hope she will appreciate our kindness so that she can work for us with her heart. She feels very free in our family, so now she can not help to behave like a family member in front of bb. It worries me when I realize our bb Lea will smile to our maid everytime she amuses her; but not even to her own father. It is unacceptable.

Thinking of going back to study in 3months and leaving bb Lea to maid all day long, I feel I have to do something to let her realize she is not our family, so she should not give bb a wrong conception. But I am just afraid she will get moody (she is a very emotional person and maybe also sensitive) then not work for us with her heart. Or even worse just treat bb badly. But as a mom, nothing is worse than the fact your bb is closer to another woman which is not even a family member!! Our maid told her proudly in her former employer’s family, she took care of a boy from birth, then whenever he had sleepless nights, he went into her room instead of his parents. I will never let this happen in my family.

So would appreciate if any mom give some advice on it, cos it is really bothering me every time I see maid takes care of my bb. Of course we need her, but her help now is so scary….

lisha.. if i were u .. i also will dunno what to do....we need a good maid to love our bb but yet dun want them to love bb so much till our bb will be more attached to them.... so i feel the best is to try to be with bb whenever u can and morever for sure bb will know who their mummy is if we spend the time witht hem.... i too face this prob and m scared... so i will try my best to be with bb in whatever time i can spare lah...

Lisha, I am in the exact same situation as you, except that i have 2 kids. My boy has been taken care of by my filipina maid ever since he was 3 months old and he's really really attached to her. so sometimes i feel very torn. on one hand i'm grateful that she loves him and takes care of him v well--i can banish my worries of having a maid that abuses/mistreats my child--but on the other it breaks my heart when he prefers her company or seeks her hugs when he's hurt. i got it especially bad right after i delivered, cos of my c-sect wound i couldn't carry him, or even let him sit on my lap cos he's really active and can be very rough without knowing. also, i was busy taking care of no.2 and really didn't have much time to spend with him.my maid was there for him almost 24hours (she takes care of even his night feeds). so can you imagine how broken-hearted i was when one day i asked him for a hug and he turned to my maid and hugged her like she was his mummy instead? i nearly cried...

i talked to my friends abt this. one of them said that our babies spell love as T-I-M-E. the more time you spend with them, the more they are bonded to u. for myself, i can't do anything abt the fact that i HAVE to be a full-time working mum and leave the caring of my babies to the maid. but I can decide that whenever I am home from work I spend more time with them and not let the maid take care of everything. simple things like changing diapers, feeding ...bringing him out for walks round the neighbourhood..and so far it has worked. it's not easy because i have to balance out my attention between the 2 babies. if i spend too much time with 1 the other will get too close to maid...and so the cycle continues.

after you go back to your studies, do make sure you continue to spend time with Lea. state clearly to your maid that certain blocks of the day will belong to just YOU AND BABY. e.g. the bedtime routine--evening walk, feed, bath, bedtime story/chat, and sleep. You will find that you will have very little time left for yourself but that's motherhood for you there :p All i can say is there is no shortcut to being close to our babies. It really takes effort.

I personally dun think you should put her down. after all she thinks she's helping you (she IS helping you) and as u mentioned, you don't wanna sour the relationship.

After everything is said and done, dun worry too much--our babies will know who their mummies are. as they grow up they will know and come back to us..

sorry for the long post. but i really felt for u as i read ur post. because i go thru the exact same emotions as u. sometimes i can't take it and cry in the shower loh. hahaha. but then when my boy calls me 'mummmmeeeeee' i know he still recognises me as the one who carried him for 9 mths and gave birth to him.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Re: Durian Feast
Date: 7 July 09 (Tuesday)
Time: 2pm (Hi-Tea)
Venue: Sengkang

1. Kris + Kerryn (unless Kerryn is going out on her own loe kekeke)
2. Rose + Justin
3. Catherine
4. Ow_mum
5. BB_mum
6. Pei
7. Marie + PIL (KIV)
8. Audrey + bb
9. Pat + bb (KIV)
10. Yvonne + bb

we confirm by monday morning so that i can drop by 717 n order, scare tuesday no durian. </font>

<font color="aa00aa">KP,looks like fri is better for everyone.I also prefer Friday to monday cuz tue going to kris house.

1. KP
2. Rose - Curry Chicken
5. Moogey + jade (KIV)

1. KP
3. Oshgosh_baby + jade
5. Audrey + bb E
7. Gallop + bb (still thinking what to bring) </font>

<font color="aa00aa">Idaa,good to see you online.When can I receive my colourland diaper bag?Thot she said it will be available in Jun but now July already.</font>

jialat..i ordered alot of hairclips n headbands......lolx... (this i like tt i like also end up got more than 10 pcs)...any one else wana buy hairclips or headbands or pacifier clips..? see can get discount not...haha..

Back