(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Hi Scrumpee,

I heard from my nanny who is very experienced taking care of several kids of mix gender in the past, that boys tend to be slower in speech as compared to gals. dun worry. But i also agree with you about going to a speech therapist for a peace of mind.
happy.gif

Hi Missycandy,

I think Kirs still trying to settle in. I would think a half day or few hrs playgroup will be better cos they are still young. That's why i kept my nanny partly because i want to let HY go for the few hrs playgroup instead of full day even though it will be alot more taxing on my pockets. You trying for bb #2? okok ~* scatter babydust at you *~

Missy,
i think kirs just need more time to get close to the teachers & frens there .. M same, she will cry every morning when i sent her now (only 1st few days nvr cry), but when i called (i called every day abt 12.30-1.30pm when all kids are napping, else Fizah is busy), Fizah told me, when she came everyday at 8am, M is very happy playing leh .. but she did noticed that M only more participate in her class, when other teacher (chinese class) came in, M will face down & not really enjoy the class .. at least i know now, she is more clicking to her class teacher. The chinese lady with specs in the class (Sandy?), i think she is the asst to Fizah, she take care M most time (I think the new/younger one in class ba). When i pick her up everyday, Sandy will be with her & i can see M is quite comfortable with her, holding her hand & sit with her playing the toy. i really dunno how true .. both their teachers said she is ok, but every morning she is crying .. the only reason i can give to myself is, she is not comfortable with the morning reception lady yet ba .. thinking to find a half day to pop by to see how is she response in the class .. hey, if u pop by, help me spy M's reaction in class.

Anyway, i think she is quite enjoy her school.. she is singing/clapping/dancing/jumping at home (i dunno wat song lar, can't recog the rhytem).. Eating more.. & super hyper every evening when we reach home. Hb said coz she restrict herself too much in school (dare not notti) and all energy gotta release once reach home .. cannot imagine, she can run & talk & play non stop.. But at least she sleeps well at night..

maybe u can give kirs more time to get herself familiar with the teacher/frens there .. change to few hrs class is a good idea .. but don't pull her out totally, i think it's good for her too to learn how to adapt in the group lor .. next time u sent her, she also do the samething then how ? Kids can adapt to new environment very well than wat we thought, just give her more time, she can sure get use to it one ..

sinmey - thanks. im also holding back. shall see how. ok thanks for advise. fizah finally gave me a communication book after i told my mum to ask her for updates. but out of all the days shes been there, she only updated once.. on 23rd -_-" i havent had opportunity to see the other kids becos they dont allow us in? so i only see in the morning when they carry Kirs away... then when they carry Kirs out when fetching her... thats abt it... anyway, ive also written some stuff to the teacher in the communication book...

kirs does the same thing.. she bows her head down... at home shes samseng.. climb push pull carry... scream... whine whine whine whine whine... throws her stuff ard... -_-" but i can imagine in school how "Tame" she is... lol!!!

ok i see how i might try to pop by during their nap time... but i doubt they will let me in...
sad.gif

missycandy,

How about changing to 1/2 day until she adjusts to it then slowly switch to full day? I do hear that normally it takes abt a month or so on average to get used to CC. My transport friend's son took 3 mths even though she accompany him in CC for one full week without leaving his sight..

mummies
anyone using orajel toothpaste? which flavour is nice?
I'm currently using orajel thomas for my boy..finishing soon...so i plan to get him other flavour..

missycandy,
usually for first timer toddler entering to school, they will allow parents in with them for half day. Even if HFMD, they will stop until it is clear and allow parents to be in.
SO far K's school do not have HFMD case, so they allow parents in so that the child would like more secure and familiar with the envoirnment.

I think could be the first day they Kirs has not familar with teachers and places so she will tend to be uncomfortable.

During KAyle's first day, I wanted to put her there alone and leave, teacher dun encouraged. Ask me to stay half day with her for 1 week if possible.
BUt i see the situation of her and i put her totally alone after the third day. Think like that, tat why she is better cos she already comforatble with the place and teacher.

BUt each induivual child is different.

perhaps you keep telling her everyday, mummy daddy love you. After fetching her, tell her, "see mummy did promise to pick you right. Never lie to you. Mummy love you." Until you gain her trust.

Missycandy, ya i agree with prosper. I think its bcos in the beginning, the school don allowed u to accompany Kirs to adapt to the place, get to know the teachers n her friends that make her feel like abandoned. suddenly she was left at the school with all the strangers...

Maybe u can talk to the school see if they can allow u to accompany her for 1week in the school. I think this is the correct way to start our lil 1 in school...

sigh... last week the hfmd cases a lot leh... reported in papers... 700+... the school doesnt allow me to go in together... i also understand... wait other parents also see, not nice la...

very pissed abt yesterday la... though its really no ones fault... yesterday went in laws place... kirs burst out crying the moment she saw them and refused to open her eyes... just keep n crying n crying n crying... i had to carry her all the time... she took awhile to settle in... i think she feared il leave her there alone... sigh... cry until her nose become runny... !!! wahlao! her runny nose just got better and becos she cried so much, it started all over again... -_-" so last night she didnt sleep much... because runny nose... then nose drip, irritate her throat and she ended up coughing on n off... -_-" didnt sleep well... sigh... so heartache la...

actually im quite peeved whenever i go to my in laws place... becos i try to let them play with her and i try not to interfere... so they will bring her into the room, close the door n play with her... or they will try to bring her dwnstairs to play... without me ard... sometimes she is ok, other times, she wil cry for me... im also caught in between... because i dont want to be over protective and always be there when they play with her... they will pass blardy comments... but on another part, kirs feels something im sure when im not there... and i dont know what i should do... if im ard, she wil stick me to me and not play with others... if she doesnt see me... sometimes she is ok, sometimes shes not... hb doesnt seem to understand... he keeps on telling me let her be... let them play... let them this.. let them that... why cant he see it thru her eyes? maybe because im more sensitive to her needs n feelings... =P

sometimes i really feel like smacking my in laws in the head... telling them to f off.. hahaha! and becos kirs is still edgy when she sees strangers, they like to blame my mum for not exposing her to the outside world more... why cant they see it as maybe kirs is shy by nature? its her character to behave this way and not becos of exposure!!! sometimes i want to tell my mil to stfu! she likes to compare the other 2 boys... says she didnt have any issues... and i have to remind her that the younger boy used to be quite one kind as well... he wld cry when he saw strangers... this n that... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

end of ranting.. lol! cnt rant in fb.. my sils are friends.
sad.gif

missy, dun worry Kris will be ok soon... maybe cos just change her daily routine thats y she feel insecure. I think soon she will be better.

hai.... that is the problem that we cant really told our inlaws off if we r nt happy with em cos our hubbies will be angry that we dun respect em hai... open one eye close one eye lor...

take it easy.. cool down...

missy,
i do have the chance to peep once, during their playtime.. M quitely sit with the class Asst teacher and follow the clapping/tapping. But i only stand outside the school & peep from windows .. me too nvr go in to accompany M since the 1st day she went school.
I actually feels that she is not more sticky to me & wan me to carry her more as compare to last time. Hb said maybe she feels that I do not love her as much as last time, coz i am the one who send her to school everyday now (like left her with strangers & just went away)

after reading posts on CC, I'm worry whether my tot can adapt class without parent accompany. Yesterday brought her back to weekend class, she refused to enter. During lesson, she selectively played and sometimes she screamed/cried for going out of the classroom. Haiz... i regret took a break between school term. I hope it is just stranger anxiety and she will overcome it soon. So stressssss for me now to bring her to class. Her voice so loud when she cried.

Mummies, how do you handle when yr tots refuse to stay quietly inside the classroom? if i keep bring her out of classroom, she will never learn to adapt; but stay inside the room will disturb the class. Haiz....

mummies,
what diapers do your babies wear overnite now? My boy has been using Pet Pet all along and was fine, till last wk, he started wetting his pants and bedsheet when he is up in the morning. This has happened a few times already and suspect maybe as he grows older, his pee amt is larger and Pet Pet can't hold. Any recommended brands? Thks!

missy..

about our toddlers getting edgy about strangers.. i think that is a good thing.. Its like their inner instinct to protect themselves, i don't want Bree to loose that and get friendly with everyone she meet or see..

My parents used to praise Bree's cousins saying that they are ok with everyone.even when someone is new.. i kinda shut them up.. saying Ya.. if a stranger comes then Bree will be an easy target and got kidnap then you all know.... They know what i mean and never mentioned about it again.

For Bree.. She does have this stranger anxiety and wary of ppl who she seldom see.

for us.. if we want to introduce.. we have to be the "Bridge".. like carry them or stay with them while we introduce someone to them till the person gained our toddlers' trust..

i.e.. my youngest bro in-law that we seldom meet (am not close to my "Outlaws" but i am ok with him) We only get to see him when he sends us to airport to fetch my hubby. Bree is not really opening to him which i think its good.. to break the ice.. i will stay with her or carry her when he comes near her to play with her.

Now she will only wave goodbye to him but will not respond to his high-fives or even blow him a goodbye kiss..

well.. i personally see that as a good thing cos we will need to teach our toddlers not to speak to strangers/ ppl whom they don't really know in order to protect themselves unless mom or dad is around now that they are going to school soon.

kirsten used to use petpet also.. then changed to pampers active... then huggies comfort... then now back to pampers active... i quite like huggies comfort... but not all the time can hold... even pampers also sometimes will overflow...
sad.gif

lenny - thanks
happy.gif
thats something my in laws dont understand.. whenever i go over, they like "chëong" over to get Kirs... and she gets more clingy... ive told hb time n again to tell them to keep clear til kirs has warmed up.. but they nvr listen... sigh...

Hi mummies, i have an urgent question...i m currently in japan to visit my mum with elixir and his formula(1.8kg) has run out...will be here for another 1 week, wat options do i have?? cos their formula here are all jap brands, can i buy them or can i warm up the fresh milk instead(meiji) for him?? he usually drinks before bedtime and sometimes in the middle of the night if he wakes up esp here cos not used to the bedding etc...HELP HELP HELP and appreciate to all...

hi mummies,

currently i live overseas, will be back to sg for few mths n would like to send my ger to playgroup or class for few hrs a days or few days a wk, can any mummmies recommend me

teddybaby,

I use Huggies/Drypers PullUp Pants for night time. Daytime i use pet pet/drypers normal. See which 1 got promotion...kekek...

Huggies PullUp can really hold very well even my boy wear it from 7pm, can hold up till 7am!

pinkdemoness, if u r not sure of which formula to buy, it will b wasted if ur boy don like it. but u can get advise from the staff there. they should b able to help u. or u try to search online for the formula u r using, do they hav it in japan.

teddy
my boy drinks water alot..like really alot!! so he pee alot too...im using pet pet during the day..must change every 2 hour otherwise it'll leak out..at night im using pampers comfort..so far never leak if using for 10-11 hours the most..more than that it will leak too..

lingz - where will u b staying? quite a number of places you can try... like JG(evans or forum), gug(few branches), bibinogs(serene centre), u might want to do a google on it..
happy.gif

pinkdemoness, in mar when I was in tokyo, I ran out of milk powder too. I just went to the children dept in the department store and ask for milk powder. They have in pre-packed packet, think the brand is called waruku. And my son loves it, it's even finer than NAN which he's currently drinking. I saw Isetan S'pore selling it too, just that it's more ex, so never change to it.

Thks mummies for ur feedback. Ya need something that can hold for 12 hrs cos his last change of diaper is after i clean him up ard 7plus pm. Day time, he wears pet pet (which can last abt 4hrs) or drypers dry panzt (more for ease of toilet training. Find it doesn't hold as well as pet pet)

missycandy ...

Why your PILs must play with Kirs on their own? Like close door or bring to playground?? Cant they play with her at common area like living room?

SH oso ... when he reaches my MIL house then he will cry n cry but stop aft we hug hug him and let him be more familar with the environment then put him down. After that he will be fine and even with that ... my MIL will say things like - 'Aiya see us only once a week, he dun like us.' *faintz*

Yar ... I oso cant make remarks about my MIL on FB ... cos my SIL and some of my hubby cousins are my 'fren' ... feel like removing them some times hahaha

That day when we visited my MIL ... wow 2 classic conversation took place.

1st conversation

My sis is getting married in Feb 2011. So my MIL was asking where is the wedding dinner and how to get there and stuff. My hubby told her its at Raffles Town Club, no bus/MRT nearby so better to just take cab down. (by then we would have 3 kids so no way for us to fetch her + we would be busy with the wedding). And guess what's her classic reply: 'Wow, so far, I dun wan to go liao!'

Cant stand it!! My sis ler!! Then my hubby oso v classic - 'Oh you dun wan to go then say earlier, I tell them tat no need to invite you'.

Then my MIL shut up.

2nd Conversation

SH is teething ... 6 teeth at 1 go so drolling like MAD. My MIL told my hubby:'When you go to your fren's place, take their kitchen towel (i.e those towel that you use to clean the table/kitchen/stove etc) to clean his mouth. Like that the drolling will stop! My fren teach one.'

Wow ... I was to stunned to reply and my hubby scolded my MIL. 'You dun tell me that you did this to me when I was young ... its so GROSS!! And you dun go and listen to all this nonsense from your so called fren! And you dun ever think of doing this to my kids!!'

Hahahahaha I just keep quiet lor ... at least my hubby know when to speak up.

Ha ha talking abt MIL. Once my mil give me a v classic one. there is once nic is sick for one whole wk, but only cold n cough. due to she is sick so she is not sleeping well n eating well so all her routine seems like all went wrong.

Then my mil said want to go the temple n ask for amulet n burn it for her to drink. i almost fainted, luckily my hubby told her dun be so wu liao!

blurjen ...

Hur ... wan to let her drink those ash water ... dun lar she is still so young! These stuff my hubby oso dun allow ... pantang must oso know where to draw a line!

blurjen ...

Yar man ... imagine your hubby oso just nod head or keep quiet *faintz*

My MIL usually just bring some sweets back fr the temple for the kids aft she pray. That one I will 'share' with them hahahaah

seabreeze, ha ha sweet is ok la, i also dun mind sharing wahaha. wow now ur tummy must be big already! feel excited for ur coming 3rd bb?

Blurjen ...

Yar ... big is an understatement ... I think I am HUGE hahaha even getting up from bed and chair is a big affair these days. Need to find some support type =p

And I cant change into my pants in the toilet anymore ... I actually need to sit on my bed to dress myself hahaha cos 1 leg abit cant balance these days!

I will see you and your tummy soon heehee when you pop by to see the CL.

Missy..

I agree with Seabreeze.. i don't see the need of your IL taking Kirsten away from you as in closing the door.. the more they insist.. the more Kirsten will repel.. we need to win them over not by force.. will only makes things worse.

i told my mom and dad the same thing when they first started.. they just came into to picture then carry her to go to the living room while i need to get busy in the kitchen without taking time to tell Bree and convince her to go. in the end, she rejects them more..

Now that they listen to me.. Bree adapts to them better.

teddybaby
my boi using huggies comfort for night... so far so gd ^_^

lenny
hope my boi can dun be so 'friendly' with strangers... he can wave to almost everyone in the same lift with him... catch their attention if they didnt pay attention to him...
can follow my relatives (who seldom meet up) just tell him go gai gai...
he can wave goodbye to me and there he goes...
my mum keep remind me to watch closely on him whenever we are outside, cannot let him wonder on his own... she even dreamt tat he's lost...
tat's the disadvantage of being super 'friendly'... sighz

pink
u in jap!!! enjoy yr trip, the weather there is cooling right?

sighhhh i also wish they dont do it leh... but they want to lure her away from me... and i dunno how to speak up... kirs does come play in living but its quite crammed... then they will lure her into the room again... duno what they r thinking la... sometimes dun feel like going at all...
sad.gif

blurjen - saw yr mooncake fetival photos! nic face changing... slightly.. hee hee.. hw many wks r u ah? so slim ! lolx!

seabreeze - wah... yr hb good! lol! my hb depends on his mood... sometimes he wil speak up... luckily btwn the 2 of us.. kirs stil prefers to follow me... lol! that day when wanted to leave ILs plc, i stepped out 1st... then hb stayed inside... say byebye.. then kirs look at both of us.. then faster dash out of the door.. to follow me... LOLx... wow... i miss the feeling of being pregs... hee hee... u going to poP soon le... JY! hee

sun, ya i came to visit my mum with elixir lor cos she not feeling well...so tough for me...ya the weather is cooling now...but not so for the 1st 2 days i was here was 35 degrees then after that became sudden cooling...everyday about 20degrees...lucky got mum house to stay else waste more money...plus gotta handle elixir all alone in e aeroplane and he is too big for the bassinet n i didnt buy a seat for him so end up miserable...now worried for the return trip liao...

vivien, tks...i got the formula liao...its waruku but i bought Meiji 0instead cos more expensive(means good, haha and ya the milk powder is so fine lor...my mum also recommended it cos DHA higher and for sensitive stomach lor but i didnt follow the dosage cos worried that may cause constipation...but i tasted it and its so tasteless but luckily my son can drink...he's s milk monster...i brought a 1.8kg enfa but he finished it in 11 days n i have 6 more days to go...

seabreeze, nvm la soon u gg to pop soon liao when u see the bb all the hard times is worth it liao! Tat day the CL called me then i told i will visit her when she is at ur hse ha ha so i visit u n ur bb too!!

missy, ya nic face change slightly dunno is it becos she slim down when she is sick for one wk. her big tummy also gone liao so heart pain
sad.gif
how is kris? recover already?
I now 16 wks liao but tummy still v small leh no one know i am pregnant lor dunno the bb growing well anot :p

blurjen - wah... so u knw gender yet? ya can see she slimmed down a bit... but also good la... too much meat also heavy for you to carry leh... eheheheh... kirs last night was a horror... dunno wad father & daughter up to... i drifted in n out of sleep... hb came hm ard 1ish... then kirs was slping... coughing on n off... then he went to use comp.. then kirs kept coughing on n off.. then he came in to see.. next moment... bring her to watch youtube... then next moment hb told me 5am liao.. and she doesnt want to sleep -_-" zzz then she cough n whine until now her voice become hoarse... lol!

Missy ...

Think you find a time to tell your hubby that ok for PIL to play with Kirs but no reason to bring her away from the both of you lar ... even if go into the room oso no need to close door mar ... machiam like they wan to do some ritual to her isit?!?

Frankly aft I listen I can feel your frustration oso ... if its me ... I think they would have kanna from me LONG AGO!!

Blurjen ...

Oh at least she call you ... that time when I book her ... she never call me to confirm or anything and returned to msia ... make me panic man!! Hahaha yar come visit but I think I will be v smelly heehee so come from 3rd weeks onwards will be good =)

Now am in the stage whereby I hope to pop soon but yet I know I shouldnt cos 35 weeks ++ only.

Think Keron will be anytime now heehee

missy,

dunno yet leh need to wait until next visit then know. wow kirs still awake at 5am!! but having cough is like tat la that time nic having cough, she is awake from 11pm to 2am plus!! some more she only want me to carry n cannot sit down somemore!! wow i really v tired n furthermore i am pregnant. luckily she already recovered!
so no more fever now? although she is sick but her cheek still chubby leh feel like pitching her!! wahaha

Seabreeze, must endure!!! cannot come out so fast
happy.gif
ok i will take note that I will only pop by 3rd weeks onwards. btw can u pm me ur contact no?
happy.gif

Oh ... forgot to say that SH has been waking up in the middle of the night too!! Damn tiring lar and he will roll around the bed and purposely go and kick the bar of the bed guard ... kick us ... knock into us and he will go 'OUCH!' *faintz*

Missy ...

Hope that Kirs recovers v soon ... I hate it when they have cough and running nose ... take damn LONG to clear! The last round SH had it for like 2 weeks ... until the end he know how to blow his nose =p

Blurjen ...

Have PM you my HP and address =)

SeaBreeze, thanks thanks
happy.gif
Nic also keep on crying in the middle of the night, dunno is it teething? but after i give her some warm water, she will went back to sleep so i also dunno y. but v troublesome to keep waking up to take warm water, ha ha any milk bottle can keep water warm?

Blurjen ...

Maybe you can keep a flask of warm water in those thermos flash then just pour and give her.

SH woke up to play lor ... its as if he just took a power nap and his eyes will open BIG BIG then you look at him ... he will give you a grin and cheeky look. The grin and cheeky look will be welcomes at 5pm NOT 5am!!

oh glad im not alone..
my boy also not sleeping thru the night for the past 2 weeks...sometimes he can wake up, open his eyes big big and take so long to fall asleep again..sometimes stirs alot and need to pat him so long...sometimes need to feed him milk and goes back to sleep..sometimes even need 2x night feeding..tiring liao!
although i didnt see any sign of tooth cutting..but im just sure this due to his next coming molar..

Seabreeze, i did tot of tat but ha ha simply lazy wahaha shd try tonight.

miss83, you are definitely not alone lor. cos nic sometime will wake up in the middle of the night n told me she want milk milk lor! so tiring!

sinmey, ha ha tat is a gd question!! I totally no idea leh cos she refused to open her mouth n let me count. wow 16 seems to be alot!

Back