(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

teddy
mine started to brush his own but he also anyhow do. So we will still use clothes to clean again.

I've asked my PD since my boy got lots of teeth now should he use toothpaste. She say wait until 3 yrs old now use cloth can already

teddy
im still using finger toothbrush..got it from first teeth toothpaste..but he sometimes bite me..so must be careful..very difficult for me to use normal toothbrush coz he dun want to open his mouth

Ryker took MMRV when 15 mths... no fever till now but rashes, may be he triggle the allergy as he has very sensitive skin & ecezma.

Jenn, envy me... your hubby soooo sweet giving you this surprise
happy.gif

hi mommies
re: brushing teeth
my gal doesn't want to brush at all! i am having a headache on how to get her to brush or at least let me help her brush but she simply refused to open her mouth. Even when i managed to brush just once she will turn away and refused to let me try again. I tried many ways... using the finger brush, normal toothbrush, clothe, sniffies, watching barney vcd on teeth brushing, showing her how i brush. It didn't work
sad.gif
anyone has this problem? now her teeth are sooooo yellowish that it's almost brownish, yucks!
Any other ideas to share?

same here....my gal dun like to brush teeth...she gt 10 teeth now, faint...:p

MMR Jab:
I hv nt bring my gal for jab yet and I intend to seperate into 3 jabs when she is 18 months old...
Eh but some one post here said nw mummy who is preggie, cant bring child for MMR, y ah???

BTW,any of you start ur tods on full cream milk??
Like Meiji, Magnolia full cream milk etc?
THough is cold in a packet but can warm up for them to drink..

My boy also got many teeth already. Tried using the finger toothbrush, but he don't like it. I can see his teeth like turning slight yellow liao.

Mangogal, MMR jab can separate into 3x? My boy also haven't taken MMR jab yet cos at 15 mth, took pneumoccal 2nd jab and 18mth taking a 5 in 1 (or 6 in 1 ) booster. Will take his MMR jab at least 1-2 mths after that

Hi Mangogal,

I have given Bree Fresh Milk "PURA" brand, bought from NTUC.

I gave to Bree direct from the fridge..although its cold.. she likes it even after shrugging her shoulders

Teddybaby
I took MMR & pneumoccal 3rd jab together. The nurses mentioned that it is ok to take together just that will be having fever 2x. True enough lor, the next day of his jab got fever for 2 days and at day 7 another fever.

Hi mummies,
Just to make it easier for me regarding the zoo tickets. I have indicated next to each mummy, the number of adult and child tickets required. For example, 2 adults and 2 children = 2A2C. Please verify and amend if there are any errors.
Food wise, still working things out with the zoo cos the sale rep they assign to me is terribly slow but I will update end of this week.

Thanks!

18mths & Children's Day Gathering!
venue - ZOO
date - Saturday 25th September 2010
time - 1130am onwards. . .
costs - to be confirmed.. Current price is $18 for adults & $12 for kids 3-12yrs ( if we get more than 30 tickets, there will be 20% discount - pls note this is only for entrance... no food included - working things out with the zoo.. will update later =P )

1. missycandy & kirsten (kiv hb) - 1A0C
2. asura & charlene - 2A0C
3. daphne kang & ugin - 1A0C
4. jtho, oli & hb - 2A0C
5. pei & mikaela - 1A0C
6. keron&jeris & kayla & hb - 2A0C
7. babydreams & dylan - 1A0C
8. mickeymummy, eddric & hb - 2A0C
9. pepper & ziv (kiv hb) - 1A0C
10. prosper & kayle (kiv hb) - 1A0C
11. pseed & alaia (kiv hb) - 1A0C
12. vicky & andrea (kiv hb) - 1A0C
13. sunshinebaby & bryan & hb - 2A0C
14. idlecat, elva, hb - 2A0C
15. Seabreeze, YC, SH & Hb - 0A0C
16. cfchangdee & family - 0A0C
17. wintertime, bb and hb - 2A0C
18. babe_kazooie, BB & hb - 2A0C
19. Inya, BB & hb - 0A0C
20. Kome, Aven, Anver (KIV Hb) - 1A1C
21. Lizy, Vera & HB - 2A0C
22. Piggysg, Ryker & hb - 2A0C
23. Yiyi123, BBs and HB (KIV)- 2A0C

RE: toothbrushing

Heh... normally i tell bb C that I will brush then she can continue later. Most of the times she is ok, but sometimes she refuses to brush. I think may be because gums sore lah.. so never bother.

Re: Full Cream Milk

Have been giving magnolia fresh milk for her afternoon milk these days. served chilled. Very happy cos i dont need to bring bottle and milk powder out..
happy.gif

Milk

I still haven't given Oli full cream milk yet... still bringing bottle n milk powder everywhere i go
sad.gif
maybe should start soon...

jtho,

actually very convenient to give chilled full cream milk. Just go supermarket or MD to buy when need to feed..
happy.gif
Oh.. but MD price very expensive so most of the time we buy from supermarket and bring to MD to let her drink.. hee

asura
bb C drink the fresh milk from cup or straw?
mayb i oso should let my boi try so i no need to bring bottle n milk powder out... muhahaha

must be fresh milk right? those hi-lo milk not adviseable hor...

tot of training bryan to drink his milk from straw cup instead of bottle... but scare he'll play w it...
mummies, any gd straw cup to recommend? currently my boi using pigeon one for water, so looking for another type just for his milk or fresh milk...

lenny
ok to give our child cold stuff now? my mum keep telling me not gd for their stomach... sighz

re: Brushing Teeth
I'm still using washcloth to clean Vera's teeth and tongue in her bath. Sometime will ask her if she want to brush her teeth with toothbrush, she nods her head and I'll give her her toothbrush and she does it herself. Sometime I'll help her. Really depend on her mood one. She's happy she'll be very coorperative else she basically shut her mouth. I usually don't insist on doing it if she doesn't want me to clean her mouth, I just try again in the next bathing session.

I let Vera drink Magnolia Fresh Milk too. I didn't warm it just put it out of the fridge a while until less cold then let her drink. She enjoyed it only when drink from the packet with straw. I don't think she like it coz when I pour the milk into the cup, she refuses to drink. Nevermind, I'll just keep trying as usual. hehe..

sun: elixir is using the munchkin 10oz straw bottle...using it since 10 mths old i think..so far so gd....i also got give him cold stuffs...so far also ok....

re: fresh milk
i also let elixir tried once at MD..he loves it too..basically, he takes everything..haiz...

re:fresh milk
I've been giving meiji strawberry..never warm up coz my boy likes it cold..he drinks from a cup with straw.. tried giving it on his bottle but he refused..

Fresh milk
Mummies who give your todds full cream fresh milk, do you then still give them FM? I still give my boy his nan Pro3 and thinking of switching to Enfagrow or Gain IQ. Is full cream milk enough for them interms of nutrients?

Cold drinks
I give my boy cold yogurt and sometimes cold milo (from the packet).

Sunshine..

hmm..my concept is the same "can pregnant woman take cold stuff?"

Mrs Wong did mention about it..she say when we take cold stuff..go in to our body...will be about our body temperature..

our weather is so hot..i need the cold stuff to bring down my body temperature.

i apply same concept to Bree.. not when she is sick though..

Sunshine..

Bree drinks our ice water when we dine in cafes or restaurant,eat fruits direct out from the fridge..

she is those who will perspire easily..maybe in the context of TCM, her body base is "hot" so..cold drinks are ok for her

Hi Mummies,

I'm from Dec 09 thread & am looking for a gd condition exersaucer/Jumperoo. If u have any to let go, pls PM me pic + price. thanks!

Hi Mummies,

Long time didnt log in liao. saw tat u all had some gatherings going on. Wanna join u all but i cant as sept will be a busy mth 4 me as I will be bringing my gal for trial for her childcare etc. thus will be more busy. will join u gals another round ba.

wah Asura, Lizy, Lenny n other mummies, didnt kno0w so many give ur tods full cream milk liao!
happy.gif

However, do u all give everyday?? Ur tods still drink FM/BM right?
heheh..guess is cold n the refreshing taste makes them love to drink! But I will try to chill dwn abit then feed her, hopefully she likes it!
Yalor so troublesome to bring powder out and the problem is she dun like to drink milk outside, drink only less than 50ml then spit out liao..always so distracted by the surrounding :p
Cant wait to let her try
happy.gif

Jtho, maybe u can start liao since Oli take most of the food well
happy.gif
Ask ur nanny to let him try, sure he likes it cos he is ang mo bb,keke..

Scrumpee, I will still stick to FM as her mainly calcium consumption, fullcream cold milk is only one feeding on alternate days?

mangogal
ya, maybe will start... if he likes it, then i dun have to struggle to make him finish his milk liao... but will still stick to FM for morning and before bedtime feed, mainly for the nutrients
happy.gif

Hi Mommies..

been a while since i can really settle down. Bree has not recovered from her allergies till now.Its been more than 4 weeks now..

she has been spitting out her medicine,thus taking so long for her..

we did managed to bring her to see Dr.Terence Tan. he is wonderful with Bree. Bree smiled at him,waved and blew him a kiss just before we left.

we are asked to go back for follow-up check up tomorrow if bree is still not well and one more round just before we leave for Brisbane next Thu.

i finally fell sick last sat after a month of taking care of her day and night. thank god hubby is back to help.

about the high tea..i will need to further confirm as Dr. Tan's appointments are fully booked and we are asked to walk in. He only starts at 10.00am for consultation in his clinic..

we hope to make it in time for high tea..

ya Jtho, we still hv to stick with FM as main nutrients for our tods
happy.gif

Lenny, wah u gng Brisbane next week, envy
happy.gif

Glad Bree recover frm allergy before u guys flying off..hope to see u at hi tea! But if u cant make it, can sms me

Lenny, Dr Tan's fantastic but his queue is horrendously long n you might end up waiting 3-4 hours to see him. Hope he can help Bree with her allergies.

We used to see him then switched to Dr Lim Kwang Hsien from the same clinic cuz Dr Tan wasn't in one of those times that we went. So since then we have stuck to Dr Lim.

Hi Asura,

I had amend mine as below:

18mths & Children's Day Gathering!
venue - ZOO
costs - to be confirmed.. Current price is $18 for adults & $12 for kids 3-12yrs ( if we get more than 30 tickets, there will be 20% discount - pls note this is only for entrance... no food included - working things out with the zoo.. will update later =P )

1. missycandy & kirsten (kiv hb) - 1A0C
2. asura & charlene - 2A0C
3. daphne kang & ugin - 1A0C
4. jtho, oli & hb - 2A0C
5. pei & mikaela - 1A0C
6. keron&jeris & kayla & hb - 2A0C
7. babydreams & dylan - 1A0C
8. mickeymummy, eddric & hb - 2A0C
9. pepper & ziv (kiv hb) - 1A0C
10. prosper & kayle (kiv hb) - 1A0C
11. pseed & alaia (kiv hb) - 1A0C
12. vicky & andrea (kiv hb) - 1A0C
13. sunshinebaby & bryan & hb - 2A0C
15. Seabreeze, YC, SH & Hb - 0A0C
16. cfchangdee & family - 0A0C
17. wintertime, bb and hb - 2A0C
18. babe_kazooie, BB & hb - 2A0C
19. Inya, BB & hb - 0A0C
20. Kome, Aven, Anver (KIV Hb) - <font color="ff0000">(1A2C)</font>
21. Lizy, Vera &amp; HB - 2A0C
22. Piggysg, Ryker &amp; hb - 2A0C
23. Yiyi123, BBs and HB (KIV)- 2A0C

Kome,

Thanks! Only children above 3 yrs need to pay for entry. So all our Mar 09 babies dont need to pay entry. Do u still need 2 children tickets?

Hi Asura,

Sorry, I need to give this gathering a miss. I might be travelling that week.

Here's updated list. taken my name off this list

18mths &amp; Children's Day Gathering!
venue - ZOO
costs - to be confirmed.. Current price is $18 for adults &amp; $12 for kids 3-12yrs ( if we get more than 30 tickets, there will be 20% discount - pls note this is only for entrance... no food included - working things out with the zoo.. will update later =P )

1. missycandy &amp; kirsten (kiv hb) - 1A0C
2. asura &amp; charlene - 2A0C
3. daphne kang &amp; ugin - 1A0C
4. jtho, oli &amp; hb - 2A0C
5. pei &amp; mikaela - 1A0C
6. keron&amp;jeris &amp; kayla &amp; hb - 2A0C
7. babydreams &amp; dylan - 1A0C
8. mickeymummy, eddric &amp; hb - 2A0C
9. pepper &amp; ziv (kiv hb) - 1A0C
10. prosper &amp; kayle (kiv hb) - 1A0C
11. pseed &amp; alaia (kiv hb) - 1A0C
12. vicky &amp; andrea (kiv hb) - 1A0C
13. sunshinebaby &amp; bryan &amp; hb - 2A0C
15. Seabreeze, YC, SH &amp; Hb - 0A0C
16. cfchangdee &amp; family - 0A0C
17. babe_kazooie, BB &amp; hb - 2A0C
18. Inya, BB &amp; hb - 0A0C
19. Kome, Aven, Anver (KIV Hb) - (1A2C)
20. Lizy, Vera &amp; HB - 2A0C
21. Piggysg, Ryker &amp; hb - 2A0C
22. Yiyi123, BBs and HB (KIV)- 2A0C

Milk:

I replaced only the afternoon milk with packet milk. Cos i think better to drink warm milk at nite and in the morning. Introduced chilled milk cos i want her to like milk when she grow up. Oh yah... i dont give UHT milk cos there were some studies some time ago that indicate the UHT milk is not very nutritious cos of the high heat used to kill the bacteria and germs so that no need to put in fridge to keep fresh.

Kome,
Had a very bad experience when he took 2 jabs together and i told myself never to let him take 2 jabs ever again.

Sharlin,
Long time no hear...tot your gal already in CC a few mths back? Or u change to new one?

Teddybaby, ya MMR can seperate into 3 if u request to ur PD.

Err...I am very paranoid abt taking more than one type of jabs together :p
I think it is too strong for our kids body :p

re : Brushing Teeth
So far im using the finger toothbrush to brush for Jovin. He is still ok for me to brush for him. But although got brush his teeth also looks yellowish as i did not use any toothpaste yet. So I will buy a training toothpaste for children below 2yrs old for him.

re : Full Cream Milk
Have not tried yet and thanks mummies for sharing here. Now I don need to bring milk btl n powder out. Daddy is complaining its very heavy n bulky! However, I did give Jovin chilled Yogurt Drinks n Yakult. But I didnt give him whole pkt and I will hold the pkt for him when he is drinking. If not he will squeezed the pkt drinks and wet himself n his face. He is also very glutton n can drink finish the whole packet if u dont control him.

Lenny, hugs to Bree and you! Its been really tough for u! Pls take care and jia you! Hopefully the rashes will go away from Bree asap!

re : MMR
Jovin also havnt took his MMR jab yet. Last time the PD said there is no evidence of autism with MMR jab. He say if any other PD told me anything abt autism related to MMR, ask me to report to him and he wants to report the PD to govt! He say delay the MMR jab is ok as long as he took it later.

Will consider to give MMR jab to Jovin 1-2mths after his pneumoccocal booster.

Vera is still drinking FM three times a day. I don't intend to replace any of these with full cream milk now. I introduce it to her because sooner or later I know she'll want to drink cold beverages. Instead of her drinking Coke etc why not let her drink Milk, more nutritious. hehe... Plus she is still underweight. The fresh milk is more like a supplement for her. So far, I'm using Magnolia Fresh Milk, the 200ml packet form with straw attach one. She only wants to drink it from there... maybe she thinks it's fun to drink like that...

mangogal,

UHT milk are those that do not require chilling to keep fresh. An example is Dutch Lady UHT milk. But i not too sure what other brands there are. Those in the fridge are usually fresh milk.

jo's mummy,

I dont dare to give yakult. Let her tried once and she got into coughing fits. Maybe too much sugar in it so cause a lot of phlegm. Heh

Full Cream Milk,

I just start giving Ryker fresh goat milk from diary farm. From an article it says goat milk is more nutrient &amp; better than cow milk, it also good for asthma,eczema, diabeties, &amp; most nearest taste to BM.

jtho,

I missed ur earlier post.. hee hee.. MD = Macdonald's.. lol.. actually we go there because c dont like the straw that comes with teh packet milk. She wants bigger straw so that less effort when drinking.. lol

sunshinebaby,

I also missed ur earlier post... hee hee.. c can drink from both cup and straw. But she prefers straw. I also prefer straw cos if i give her cup and she is in a greedy mode (most of the time), she pushes the cup and end up spilling.. lol..

Asura,

I agree Yakult mayb too much sugar, so i always buy Vitagen less sugar. PD said its good to let them drink in moderation as the probiotic is good for them.

Jovin only can drink from straw and I prefer to give him straw..if I give him the cup, he will spill all the water as he still do not know how to control the flow.

Piggy, yes i agree that goat milk is better than cow's milk. i ever bought the goat's milk in glass bottle from Hock Hua or dunno wats the name of the shop. they highly recommend children to drink goats milk. There's a PD in my hometown (Msia) always scold us if we bring our sick child to his clinic. The 1st question he will ask is "what formula milk u give to bb?", when we say xxx cow's milk, he will say, "that's y ur child is sick! Cow's milk is for cow's bb!" but im thinking, then goat;s milk isnt it for goat's bb?? confused!

Back