(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

congrats mango! yeah! 1 more to the list. lolx.

so exciting so many preggers! hope u all have smooth pregnancy & delivery!!
happy.gif

Congrats to all expecting mummies.

Mummy bean
Alyssa has been zzz with us since about 5 months. we bought her a single simmons bed and we all zzz with mattress on the floor. I thot of moving her to another room while the space she used to occupy will be taken over by 2nd. and easy to bf too. but i miss her leh. how i wish i can split. i wonder could we all 4 zzz tog. but room can only accommodate 1 queen and 1 single. can still put bb cot but easier to bf if put bb lying on the bed with me. drink n zzz. I think if we still can make it, we would like to at least let me stay with them till they start pri sch.
Hope your hubby will change his mind. i think mini 2 so that favian will have a companion. touch wood anything happen, he still has a sibling to rely on.
btw, alyssa can somehow pronounce the zooophonic quite well. daddy is so amazed by her learning...

seabreeze
hope your dad is doing well. I only started my mens 3 months and intend to wean her off totally by june and started planning in may and bingo. hope to have a boy and close shop. i think she just anyhow say lah. i asked her if she wants a meimei or didi, she always said didi. maybe easier to come out fr her mouth?! haha...
Hubby also says i m v protective over her. on the food she eats, time to nap n zzz. hahah.. maybe i quite organise person.
zoe is of cos good. got $ everything can be so wonderful.
I have a frd, who is my ex boss, she has 2 kids both in sec fr 1st marriage and 3 kids age 6 and twins 14 months fr 2nd marriage. she has 3 maids. She is a successful businesswoman and quite close with her children too. Got $ solve many things. Send them to enrichment classes fr ear to ear and dun haf to do housework all leave to maid. when bonding time then come in. Good right. She OTOT so can afford the time. Her 6 yr old ger enrichment and maintenance a month is more than my monthly salary i guess. Btw, she does not seem to have much prob with maids. either lucky or she closes 1 eye. i think all indo. got 1 is fr replacement maid. all got hp i think and no time off. no time off v impt. so they wont hanky panky.

wow !! just drop by and great to know the good news here.
Congrats to all expecting mummies ...

* and quietly catch some bb dust .. haha

Grats to all pregnant mummies..

yo mangogal, wah i feel so happy for you when i saw yr announcement...take care hor...

crying toddlers: ^5 to starflower n queenie, elixir is also like tat...so mischievous n when i scold him, he cries...n he used to bang his head when he was angry or being scolded, luckily stopped liao..

Congrats Mango, Pinksorbet, Seabreeze, Riverie & of course Scrumpee! We trying to catch some baby dust leftovers here heheeee So happy for all of u, going through another wonderful experience hehee
Queenie, PinkD, ya la the little rascal very sticky to me but he's such a joy to be with. Today he tried to wear his shies... He sat there & kept pointing his toes into his shoes haaa so funny... Tmr going Royce gym hope he'll have fun hehee
Oh ya, can u kiddies chew on mince pork? I notice if I blend, he can eat very fast. But if I leave it as mince pork, he takes forever to eat, is it Is it coz he doesn't know how to chew?

starflower: actually i had nvr minced elixir's food since he was on solids...i think he used to swallow them n now he chews them or still swallow them...i always tell him to bite bite n he will use the 2 front teeth to bite n chew it till he can swallow them...

sinmey - HAHAHAHAH u also wan #2 ah? lolxxx

starflower - prolly cos he cnt chew yet... kirs use to swallow very fast when eating minced pork n porridge all mishmush... but now teethiing.. refuse porrridge.. only wans rice... -_-" but i stil give her mince pork. heh. jus steam it on its own... or with egg... im tryin to come up with more dishes slowly... wil prolly do some stew as well.. can cut into pieces... or stir fry
happy.gif

thk u all my mummies frens here for wishes
happy.gif

hope to see more good news soon,hehe!

Starflower,u try to give a tiny portion to start with to let him chew with?
That is how i start with, caroline can chew slowly though she only hv 8 front teeth

those give rice do u all cook until sticky? Cos i do, i hv nt give her the normal rice texture yet

Seabreeze , Don , Lizy:

thanks for the encouragement ! Actually we started this 2nd bb topic when my boy is just 3 months old and had alot of arguements on it. Hubby is quite firm with his decision. Haiz. I am just hoping my boy can change his mind when he grows older and asked for a companion.

Reverie:
I think 4 sleeping together is a workable way. Since you are moving place, u can go do some planning and adjustment.
happy.gif
Favian had been sleeping with us too. Somehow out of a sudden he just refuses his bed. You are so lucky leh. I think my hubby is reluctant to let me be a SAHM for that long. Haha. And like u say $ can do wonders. If I am working, I can send Favian for more enrichment classes. Anyway hubby is quite firm on not going to have a mini 2 . Sigh. I am just secretly wishing that Favian can change his daddy's mind when he grows older and see other kids with siblings. Clever Alyssa ! Think she will learn even more things at JG. Your hubby will find all his $ well spent. My in laws commented Favian is different after going to school. So now my husband realise the important of enrichment classes. haha. And been asking what is the next class I wanna send him to :p

Starflower:
mine can't chew too even on minced pork. He will dig everything out from his mouth as compare to fish. Wondering is it because it is harder to chew ? I din attempt to blend it so just camouflage them as fine as I could.

mangogal, thanks hope to have good news too...
btw i also cook sticky rice for my girl...

Seabreaze, abit diff to have couple time or go holiday leh with the sticky little monster around ha ha

pinksorbet, when is ur appt? nw how many wks? i was 7 weeks when i see my gynae n my preggie symptoms set in a week before, i was still happily playing n bfing caroline before seeing gynae :p

jtho:
Good morning !!! 2 more days closer to weekend !
happy.gif

Mangogal:
congrats !! I had started giving my boy normal rice. He is taking well so far except I notice he use to poo daily now become once every two days. Wondering is it because more difficult to digest.

Jus wondering any mummies starting to add salt of soy sauce into bb's food ? I am still trying to make soup and etc for him but he been rejecting solids quite badly and my MIL commented because it taste too blend. But I am worried about the sodium content leh.

Seabreeze, having 2 maids under the same roof is quite workable except they will gang up and bully my mil
sad.gif
My maids are quite ok with each other as they are both indons but hopefully next year i can reduce to 1 maid only...

Mandy, so far we have not been adding seasoning to their food at home. But i have already started feeding them outside food, so... they very much prefer food with taste lor.

Hi mummies,

I havent read the thread or posted anything for a long while. Was so surprised to see so many mummies expecting their #2 liao, congrats mangogal and pinksorbet, must be so excited
happy.gif

Just to share something happened to my little girl on sat. We were having dinner outside and my maid and sister were playing with her happily when suddenly my maid carried my little girl back covered in blood! I got a shock of my life when i see her whole mouth covered with blood and her dress too! The scene was really scary!
Started to wipe away the blood to see where she is hurt. Felt myself trembling as i did so. Saw she had a huge cut on her lower lips and chin.

We quickly send her to KK A&E and she had to have 4 stitches done each on her lips and chin. And bacause she is still a toddler and wont be able to sit still during stitching, she had to undergo a similer procedure like GA to have the stitching done. Feel so heartpain.

So mummies do be careful with your little ones as they are now at a stage where they run around very fast!

Sportyger, aiyo how is ur gal now? I can feel ur heartpain, now I cant run after Caroline so also worry she will hurt herself elsewhere.
Ya our toddler at this stage must be very careful
happy.gif

BTW, I also dun add salt n any seasoning to her food...
MummyBean, u can try to brew ur own soup to make it tasty and try to avoid seasoning and salt.

hi mommies,

Authentic Coach Big C logo Shoulder bag Letting go at @$120!

Sincere buyer please quote your best price, NEGOTIABLE.

BRAND NEW condition. Comes with dust bag.
Coach1
Coach2

Please PM me. Thanks.

norhtvirgo: ya.. outside food i only feed him char siew bao that white bao only no char siew and bread and steam carrot cake no sauce.. mil words i totally shut off.

hi mummies

just to share, i've already given salt, sugar and sauces to my boy since he's 14 mths plus. initially i was very strict but one day when i was just reading some articles on the internet, i came across an american lady sharing her experiences with her 2 kids. she was strict with the 1st child and end up with a super fussy eater. when she had her 2nd child, she was more relaxed after the child turned 1 yr old. and the 2nd child was so much easier when it comes to meal time.
then i also met an experienced nanny opposite my place, and she was also sharing with me that kids will need a bit of salt in their body now that they are running, because they perspire. her daughter was hospitalised once when she was about 2 or 3 yrs old, and this nanny was reprimanded by a doctor when they realised that there was no salt in the gal's body.
so from all these sharing, i decided to give salt n sugar. but of course in moderation.
anyway, when we were in france last month, my MIL will put salt when she cooked for my son and my SIL's hubby will let my son eat those pastries from his cafe which are sugarish.
now that i open 1 eye and close 1 eye, i think i'm happier and my son is happier also
happy.gif

he's now taken care of by a nanny in my block, and nanny also adds in a bit of salt when cooking for him.

re seasoning for baby food.

i have lost the no-salt no-sugar battle. found out my MIL feeds my boy watever she wants and i suspect this is the reason why my boy rejects the food i cook (no salt, no sugar). now i will cook as per normal (still no salt, no sugar unless necessary) but if the ingredients are naturally salted (eg scallops) i will not bother to soak or wash them too much.

Jtho, thks for ur useful sharing, wah it open my mind
happy.gif
And true my gal perspire alot..ok will add abit of salt to her meal now.
I will buy organic sea salt for a start to let her try...

Glad that Oli is well taken care by nanny
happy.gif

mangogal
yes, oli is well taken care of by nanny now
happy.gif

nanny brought him to go swimming yesterday, he was so happy, was glowing when he came back

mummies, ya you are rite.. but my baby turning 1 soon. still 11 month old.. so i a bit fussy on food he intake.. after a month or 2 later i will let him try food with sugar n salt bit by bit.. but still no outside food la...=P

spotyger
what a scare! your girl must be traumatised. hope no obvious scars when the wound heals

Salt and sugar
Wow! I didn't know mummies here are so strict with the food that u give to your babies. I think I am the most relax one, I let my mum feed anything and everything to my boy and she had added soy sauce in his porridge since he was 5 mths old and I added marmite cos plain porridge tastes really yucky. And every now and then, we feed my boy outside food and our own home cook food which of course contains salt and sugar. I am pretty easy with this as long as the kid is fine. And one of the main reason that I allow him to try everything is I don't want him to be a fussy and picky eater, so everything must try.

Jtho, wah his nanny so good, bring him for swim! Is it the same nanny or u find another one?

Oh Mandy u are nt a march mummy ah? hee..u can also join chat with the July mummies.
Ya below one yr old of cos no salt and seasoning la, get more info and sharing with the july mummies
happy.gif

mangogal
not the same nanny... i found another one, cheaper and better :p

sportyger
sayang baby M... poor gal
sad.gif

mandy
i give my boy outside food already... he's been eating spaghetti bolognaise when we go western food, chawanmushi in japanese restaurant... in france, we order fish n chips for him too... and he loves chips :p but so far, i dun give him mcdonald's french fries cos too much salt la...

Mandy, haa no worries, we welcome u to share
happy.gif

Jtho, wah u so lucky!
U can request mac fries w/o salt so that Oli can njoy,hehe..

Seasoning to babies food:
I also don't add seasoning when preparing Vera's porridge. We prepare stock in advance for the porridge and the stock itself is quite tasty thus I don't think there's need to add salt or seasoning to the porridge. I don't stop her from eating outside food plus those baby snacks we brought from supermarket so these are sources of salt going to her little body. I really don't think it's necessary to add additional salt to her meal. hehe... This is my opinion lah. And yes I do agree that "Moderation" is the keyword. And I have to say it's not easy and if grandparents come into the picture it makes it even more challenging.... For many occasions when we are at in-law's place, my fil always trying to give Vera snacks(Junk food) like preserved sour plums, kitkat, chips, crackets etc. I told him no, she's not ready for those food and he said like that ah, ok just let her lick loh, lick ok one. Immediately he took out the sour plum and let Vera lick... I was like er...

mongogal/jtho, yah no mac fries.. baked fries is ok enuff.. so far i did gave my little one baked potatos.. hehe...

Lizy: wao.. you fil..ok if i were you i will flame..=P

mangogal and jtho,
I also don't give mac fries to Vera. Actually Vera hasn't tried any of the outside fried food. hehe.. coz outside even Mac use repeated oil for frying. Repeated oil deep fried food is no good even for adult and I don't deep fry at home (me lazy to clean :p) hence no deep fried stuffs for Vera till now. hehehe... But baked fries.. hmm... maybe I can considering giving her. Jtho, do you make the baked fries for oli?

Mandy, I try to control loh. So everytime is like playing tug-of-war with him. Sometime he gives in, sometime I close one eye. With Hubby around better, Hubby more firm. Anyway father talking to father it's easier. haha... :p

Wow, so many mums pregnant again!! Dun think I can managed now if I am pregnant..Too tiring from taking care of my active son. Maybe next year, see how.

Mangogal, congrats!!
happy.gif
) U take good care yah.

Sportger, my son had a cut on the head from his cousin with a toy car a few days ago. Can understand how you feel though he did not bleed profusely like your daughter..scary and very heartpain.

Jtho, I have tried Mac fries for my son a few mths back. What I do was to squeeze out the soft inner mashy potato bits. I did not give him the crispy fried outer part though. Fried not healthy mah..

Yap, oso read somewhere that our baby body need some salt. So am abit relax when trying outside food with him. we hv let him try outside food like chawanmushi, omelette, rice, fish, bao, cakes, ice cream, pancakes, carrot cake, noodles, ikea food.. And my son loves durian!! haha Now Gek Poh shopping centre, outside Prime supermarket selling D13 durian..very sweet n creamy..u may wan to try on your son..hahaha and see his reaction.

ooo im hungry! lolx ... ive given fries frm macs to kirs... i tell them no salt... for myself whenever i order their fries i also tell them no salt..find it nicer...
happy.gif
hmmm... at home i dont add salt or anything to her food... so far okie... when outside just feed her whatever i find... frm the economic rice stall.. or fried rice... or cheeseburger... wahahahax! just see when i go to eat... then just order some for her too... im struggling trying not to let her eat spicy foods becos its not good for her gut now... but i myself eat spicy food... so when i feed her with same spoon... will have some spice... lolxxx but she jus eats... hahaha... that time i fed her some curry rice... she also just eat... she's quite piggified and game to try anything n everything for now...
happy.gif
only when sick then super duper fusspot

sportyger - omg!!! poor MA!!! *hugs* hope shes better now! alamak.. kirs always runs all over the place...
sad.gif
when she falls i let her pick herself up... then she wil start to run again... lol...

thanks donrox, starflower, sportyger and mummies for the congrats =)

reverie - i also thinking abt room issues. abit tough ain't....we want to train #1 to sleep in his room and fil wants to sleep with #1 in the room too (i'm staying with in laws), which i don't like it =P...cos #2 will sleep with hubby and i, then #1 needs to shift to his own room cos cannot squeeze everyone in the same room. Still thinking how. Unless hubby and i sleep in different rooms lor.

missycandy - if steam minced meat on its own, u have to feed the rice seperately with the egg/minced meat right? i think my boy will take forever to eat if it is so, so usually i just add the minced meat into porridge and feed him.

mangogal - my appt is this coming mon. From my LMP, should be 5 weeks but can't confirm till i see the gynae. can't wait.

sportyger - oh goodness! i hope Baby M is ok, i can imagine how frightened it must have been! poor gal, so young need to undergo stitches. Hope she recovers soon.

for those mummies feeding rice to their tods, are they taking forever to eat? cos i still haven't let kyan eat as a meal by itself...though he takes few mini bites from the adults during our dinner. We jus give him a bit bit to chew nia.

now i also feed kyan outside food but not practically as meal jus onli for taste. he always enjoys it. he don't like to eat his own food, like to eat adult food lor.

Thanks all mummies, baby M is ok now, infact she was still running around in the hospital when waiting for our turn 'faint'. Scrumpee, I think i am the one traumatised not her haha!

In fact on sunday, she didnt want the daddy to hold her hand when we were walking around and she sort of fell and hit the same spot! Bleed a bit but thank God she was ok. After that we refused to let her walk around outside until she recover!

lizy
i didn't bake the fries for oli but my MIL did when we were in france... lazy mama... hahaha

now back in SG and it's my hubby who intends to bake fries for oli during the weekend :p

For those who wan Princess BB Dust ... here its comes again =)

4148966.gif

Northvirgo ...

If the 2 maids get along then it would be ideal but heard more horro stories than good ones heehee anyway we will play by ear and see how first =)

Sportyger ...

Kids are v robust one ... but I am q sure it must have been v shocking for you =p

re: bb food

SH oso takes abit of our food but usually thats when aft he finished his own meal. If he is full then he will just go and play on his own otherwise he will hover around the table and we will give him fish/carrot/rice to keep him occupied.

Blurjen ...

Try to arrange for a short weekend get away ba ... me oso dying for a holiday but even tougher for me now *sigh*

Back