(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Northvirgo
I started marmite on my boy a week ago, so far he is taking it well.

Mangogal
Discipline. I will scold "No, mummy beat" and stare at him if he touches things that are not suppose to or throw tantrums. He will look at me and 'bian zui', and tears start to gather at his eyes. But I continue to be firm. It only stop him for doing what he is not suppose to for a while though, 10mins later, he will forget.

Kris, Thanks !

Vivian, usually the child will stick to the caretaker more. Like my boy, he stick to my mum & sis than me. When I reach home, I call his name, he just ignore me... so sad. but when I sit on my dining chair having diner,then he will come to me... b'cos want to see what's on the table
sad.gif

RE : Discipline,

Ah yoh... I really go wild teaching him... when feeding time, if he don't like or full, he will 'pu pu' the porridge out, my & his clothes are full of his porridge! Whenever we scold him or light beat him, he just keep laughing.. omg! yes, is true, sometimes he really look sweet & know how to make you happy, like . . . he will crawl to you smooth face, or rub his face against your lap & look up at you & smile (repeat the action few times) that makes you melt :p

Hi Pinkdemoness,

Although I really know what's going on. But you must be strong, you've all of support you. I'll take note should I need your service.

vivian
as for me, my mum is taking my boi... when hb n i are back, he'll look up then back to watever he's doing... didn't even crawl to us to request for bao bao... but when my dad is back fr work, he'll shout at him and crawl to him immediately... i'm puzzle how come as my dad seldom accompany him for long except during evening time when he's back fr work...
if gg out, my boi is ok with anyone as long as u bringing him out from the hse... LOLx

piggy
my boi oso does tat... scold or beat him oso no use, he'll do it somemore... omg...
my boi will make those funny faces tat i dun noe should laugh or cry... ^_^

discipline..

i will nag like a 80yrs old queenie.. keep gng tristan no no no.. he smiles to me then when i raised my voice NO he will cry. so pretty helpless here. but at times, when he still go ahead despite me saying no many times i will smack him. if he drop his water bottle on the floor i smack his hand, when he goes ard biting pple i smack his mouth, when he play with drawers and hurt his fingers i will say or bi quek. v good. thats the consequences of playing even after i say no many times. so i wont sayang him.. and wont hit the drawer either.

(v bad mom here)

sorry I know some of you have emailed me with your TT details but I haven't had time to collate them. Paiseh!

Pinkdemoness,
I had no idea this happened to you. I'm so sorry to hear this but at the same time, I am also really happy for you as you have obviously pulled yourself together and are moving on. Any time you need any advice or encourage please do not hesitate ok?

Mangogal,
it's just one of those things i guess, re the slow moving thread. Hahaha oh yes, I know. Occupational hazard really, to be very precise with my message. You know, the no mucking around type. what a laugh this is for those who know me at a personal level. Hey, I look forward to seeing yoon on 20 March too.

for those on my FB you probably know that I have started work already. Oh man, for 12 months I tried all ways and means to lose that awful post preggie paunch but nothing worked. Then all it took was one week of work to half the size of it. Don;t think the loose skin is going anywhere though. Aiii

I'm still eating 3 square meals a day but I just no longer snack round the clock now. Have to make sure that I load up on good nutritious food as I have the tendency to lose weight whenever I am working. yikes. Mangogal, think we have the same problem.

see ya!

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Yes, this is still on...</font></font>

Our Babies 1 Year Old Birthday Bash

Date - 3rd April 2010
Venue - Glendale Park Condo @ Hillview
Time - 12pm to 3pm
<font color="ff0000"> The clubhouse is confirmed. We are going to order cake and buffet lunch. Each pax $15 ok? Those who agreed and confirm in the list, kindly make payment to POSB SAV 205-03736-5 and PM me details ok</font>

We will order a big #1 birthday cake! woo hoo!

Attendees -

1. prosper, hb &amp; kayle
2. daphnecrosailo &amp; ugin
3. starflower, hb &amp; keenan
4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
5. asura, hb &amp; charlene
6. missycandy, hb &amp; kirsten
7. cindy, hb, travis &amp; trishelle
8. cfchangdee, hb, philson &amp; philston
9. lizy, hb &amp; vera
10. lingmama, hb(tbc) &amp; destinee
11. sunshinebaby, hb &amp; bryan
12. babe kazooie, hb &amp; bb shayna
13. minnie24, hb &amp; andrique
14. mangogal, hb and bb caroline
15. piggysg, hb &amp; bb ryker
16. P.seed &amp; baby A
17. alfafa and baby Grace
18. lemon_tea &amp; bb Mik
19. meebaby, hb &amp; bb Chyng Shiuan
20. fatfish &amp; bb Cadence
21. jacqueline, hb and bb Jovan
22. Kris &amp; Kerryn
23. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan
2. Serene &amp; hb &amp; bb Charlene
3. Pigpig &amp; hb + BB Shermaine.

*hop in and waving big*
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCH BABIES!!

omine cant beleive time flies! a yr back they r like kicking in our tummy n now they r one, crawling n walking around liao!!

discipline..
i always filmly say NO to forbidden things but he will still continue, so i started to smack his hand, he will still do it, but now he is like abit better if i say NO he will stop for a while like hesitating whether to do or not n then use his little finger to touch touch the item..haha.. think he had enuff smacking of hand from mi.. :p
as for opening cabinets, he is sure an expert liao becoz he will close the doors slowly to prevent himself from hurting if his other hand was on the door/drawer edges.. so bo bian gotta tied up the cabinet doors coz he will start dragging everything out!! x.x

p3pp3r
haha Ziv is so smart!

Mommies: GOT any spare Little Swimmers Diapers to sell me?

I neeed L Size for tristan.. maybe 4-5pcs will be enuff..

Pm me k if u have .. need it despartely. haha

Yes, this is still on...

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm
The clubhouse is confirmed. We are going to order cake and buffet lunch. Each pax $15 ok? Those who agreed and confirm in the list, kindly make payment to POSB SAV 205-03736-5 and PM me details ok

Attendees -

2. daphnecrosailo &amp; ugin (will pass to u on sunday)
3. starflower, hb &amp; keenan (will pass to u on sunday)
4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
6. missycandy, hb &amp; kirsten (will pass to u on sunday)
7. cindy, hb, travis &amp; trishelle (paid $30)
8. cfchangdee, hb, philson &amp; philston (will pass to u on sunday)
9. lizy, hb &amp; vera
16. P.seed &amp; baby A (will pass to u on sunday)
22. Kris &amp; Kerryn
23. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan

Alfafa, ya working really makes u lose weight faster!
Haa...so long as u eat regular meals and dont skip meals
happy.gif

Prosper:I will tt to u under UOB acct too

Discipline:
I guess diff of us gt diff method la
I also use firm NO and even stern face, then my gal will quiet down and I will smack her back side once or twice to mean I am really angry!
Yest was so mad that she keep turning, tossing and making cranky nosier while I change her diaper and worse is to clean her messy poo!
Shouted at her to stop but didnt work, then as usual will wash her butt..she always love me washing her butt but yest she was very notti and my face was stern so keep quiet then when I finish washing, I smack her butt twice, though it was not painful but she know it is diff and cried very loudly for 5 mins then hubby take over to pacify her cos it was really tiring for me
Now changing diaper and changing clothes machiam like running 100m, so shack cos she is so active :p
I cant imagine when she start walking, I will faint manz..

mango - cnt stop them frm moving de... kirs has been doin it since long ago... just have to really hold her down... i also scold her stop but she still moves.. so i let her bite something to distract her... wil update more tonight...

must act busy

haa missycandy, LOL must act busy...

ok will try ur method to let her bite something
hiaz..so tiring when changing diaper nw
ok chat tonite

actually i let her bite the tube... the desitin tube... heh... =P or clean diapers also can... kua kua kua...

hb likes to have a "standard" that we all must use... so for No, we say No and point index finger then wag it... no... sometimes she listens.. sometimes she doesnt... but ive smacked her a few times... doesnt work lor... defiant little bugger

staring also no use de.. she wil stare back.. then dunno want to smile or not... but i maintain fierce look then she "um chio" and turn away -_-" @#$@#%@#%

HAHHAHA!! actually, mangogal, i do the same thing as missy. i give her the desitin tube, give her a piece of wet tissue to play cause she likes to 'stretch' the wet tissue or give her clean diapers. hahah.

As for scolding, once we raise our voice and become a little more stern only, she will 'bi chui' and then start to cry liao. grrr.

As for the cane, it's really useful. i use it for the older monster at home. but we don't really beat him, just for show only. but he's REALLY scared of it. that irritating monster never FAILS to get a stool, carry all the way to the kitchen, turn on the tap and play with water! wa lao!

prosper:: i miss kayle too lah. see you all on the 3rd. kind of like so long hor. hais.

cindy u cn see them on sunday. ho ho ho

last time kirs wil bi chui. nw.. -_-" @#$@#$

but hor... every day when i come home, i open the door, she wil walk or run to me.. hee hee n scream... or laugh n smile... see papa every more excited! then always papapapa... -_-" when she like then will mama... but most of the time is papa lor... sigh...

Alfafa, pls add me in. Will make the transfer by latest tonight. Thanks.

Date: 20 march, Sat
TIME: 12.30pm to 1.30pm
(COME EARLY BY AT LEAST 15min or it will eat into your play time as it endes ON THE DOT. Need to register, put on socks, take temperature etc etc inadvance)
Cost: $20 per non member / $12 per member baby (tanglin mall membership) for ONE HOUR gym time

*parents must put on socks. Babies to be barefooted

Note: this is not a class. No instructor will be present. We would be left alone to do our own thing, which is great cos the whole point is that we mommies want to catch up with one another in that 1 hour. And the best part is that our babies would be safe in this environment. Daddies won't get too bored since it is for a short time only. Besides, they'll probably get busy with our crawlers going amok at the gym.

Any small groups who want to chat for longer can always adjourn to somewhere else on their own.

CONFIRMED (max 25)

(1) Alfafa + hubby + bb gracie (paid $20)
(2) Inya + hb + bb Violette (Paid $12)
(3) lizy + hb + bb Vera (paid $20)
(4) Mangogal + hb + bb Caroline (paid $20)
(5) Sharlin + hb + bb (paid)
(6) starflower + bb Keenan + manny (done)
(7) Sunshinebaby + Hb + BB
(8) Lenny, Hubby &amp; BB Bree (Paid $20)
(9) Piggysg + Hubby + BB Ryker
(10) babe kazooie + hubby + BB Shayna (Paid $20)
(11) teddybaby + hubby + BB
(12) idlecat + hubby + BB
(13) Strawberrys79 + BB
(14) wintertime + hb + BB
(15) jacqueline + hb + bb jovan (paid $20)
(16) P.seed + bb Alaia (done)
(17) meebaby + bb + hubby
(18) Meerkat + bb (paid $20)
(19) Daphne (crosailo) + baby ugin (done)
(20) Jtho + small oli + big oli (done)
(21) fatfish + bb (paid $20)
(22) Sportyger + bb M --------------> pls note
(23) babydreams + bb Dylan

Yes, this is still on...

Thanks, Prosper. Will make the transfer by latest tonight.

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm
The clubhouse is confirmed. We are going to order cake and buffet lunch. Each pax $15 ok? Those who agreed and confirm in the list, kindly make payment to POSB SAV 205-03736-5 and PM me details ok

Attendees -

2. daphnecrosailo &amp; ugin
3. starflower, hb &amp; keenan
4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
6. missycandy, hb &amp; kirsten
7. cindy, hb, travis &amp; trishelle
8. cfchangdee, hb, philson &amp; philston
9. lizy, hb &amp; vera
16. P.seed &amp; baby A
22. Kris &amp; Kerryn
23. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv
24. babydreams &amp; bb Dylan

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan

Yes, this is still on...

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm

Attendees -

2. daphnecrosailo &amp; ugin (pay on sunday)
3. starflower, hb &amp; keenan (pay on sunday)
4. jtho, hb &amp; oli
6. missycandy, hb &amp; kirsten (pay on sunday)
7. cindy, hb, travis &amp; trishelle (paid $30 via UOB)
8. cfchangdee, hb, philson &amp; philston (pay on sunday)
9. lizy, hb &amp; vera
16. P.seed &amp; baby A (pay on sunday)
22. Kris &amp; Kerryn
23. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv
24. babydreams &amp; bb Dylan (pay on sunday)

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan

Hi Piggysg &amp; sunshinebaby,
Tks for sharing ur exp.
Many says when baby grow up,they sure cling to own mummy.Hope it turn true for my case; coz my girl &amp; mil has build a strong bond since birth.

Btw,my girl has been waking up at ard 12plus or 1plus and seem like playing on her own.She will clap hands,show the 'no more' hand gesture and etc. Then she will toss left toss right on bed. Until I cannot tahan her...i wake up and chgn her diaper and pat her for 30mins...then she will asleep and wake up ard 0630. The 1st nite,i tot her midnite feed come back,but she drank onli 3oz...then crank that she want to slp. but yesterday is the 3rd nite liao leh. Initally I tot is due to hot weather,but the air-con is on at 25 degress when she slp leh.

Is it ever okay to spank?

Remember that if you spank, the child remembers the pain of being spanked and not the lesson you want to teach.

Spanking is physical punishment. It teaches children to hit or use painful actions when they're displeased with someone else.

(extract from babycenter.com)

So, I try to avoid spanking as I've seem the negative effect on children. Whenever I get fed up with baby, I take a deep breath and pause for awhile or call my hubby to take over. I believe there is reason why babies sometimes "misbehave" and they also get upset when mummies doesn't understand what they want. Endure...

I used to get very very angry when baby wet the bed. But think about it, we get angry because baby misbehave? or because we are angry that we got more "work" to do?

My baby also like to play pulling tissue from tissue box. I just let her have the fun but have to watch out she don't eat the tissue. Once baby have explored enough, she will look for other "interesting" things to do.

Changing diaper also require a lot of patience; I just wait for baby to settle down with a "toy" and change quickly.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all March babies!!! and Welcome to Toddlerhood!

vivian,

dreaming abt something interesting? then wake up and cannot go back to sleep liao?

Anything can happen at this age now loh. Sigh.

mangogal,

yah my boy also cannot lie still when i clean his bum unless he is very calm and relaxed eg after he wakes up in the morning. Some more he is a big poo monster *_*"" SCream/shout/slap his knees work for a few secs only. Sigh. So like missycandy I resort to giving him something to play with so he will keep still. Anything that will hold his attention cos he gets bored of the same thing damn fast. Currently it's a broken/unused handphone. Wah lau eh.

Dad is better with him though. He will talk to him in funny voices and play on his tum tum while he changes him, but Dad also has damn strong hands to hold him if he moves.

Idlecat,

Methinks it depends on how u use physical punishment lah. Most ppl spank out of anger and use fear as a way to control the kid, which of course is wrong. But I think like most mummies here describe, spanking is used mainly as a warning, or used when other methods like speaking firmly don't work. Especially if they are going to do something dangerous like play with the power socket or run across the road without looking both ways that kind of thing, and are repeat offenders despite firmly telling them no and explaining why..

Depends on each kid and each parent lah. Diff methods will work differently :D

Changing diapers:
Looks like I am not the only one having problems with changing diapers. Almost every diaper change is a wrestling match between my son and me. I have to keep pulling him back, readjust diaper again etc..I will be panting after every change. Worse is when after a change, he pood not long after. Then the whole thing starts all over again.

Recently, my hubby taught me to use the mini torchlight to let him hold. Its been working but i think its going to lose its effect soon. Pacifier still works best but I dun want to use it too often.

Recently, i screamed/shouted at the top of my voice while diaper change and he smile/laughed as though I have just told him a joke. So that's no use too. sighhhhhhhhhhhh............

Sometimes, I really want to go and knock my head against the wall / cry.

Oh ya, a few more things.

Been winter here, imagine I had to remove/wear his pants (inner and outer piece) at every diaper change. That will affect the socks too. So many things to wear just for a diaper change. Not easy as he turns alot.

Also while wiping my hands with the wet wipe after each change, I have to use my arm to fend him off the tissue,wet wipes, diaper cream. He is so fast.

Faint.

mummies:
now we only hv one child so still got time and patience to teach them, so spanking will nt occur so often...
but imagine if hv more than one, maybe hard to reason cos more child for attention, then spanking or canning may come but also depends if the child isit teachable , personality etc...
My fren have 3 active boys so can imagine the choas in her hse when 3 monsters running and screaming in the hse..:p
So she no choice gt t oshow them the cane to tame them dwn but if it fails then need to cane them liao

ya nw cant say my baby, now I gt to say my little tot
happy.gif

mummies, thanks for the feedback on marmite. I have told my mil not to feed my girls with it as i'm not comfortable with them eating it.

missycandy, i always laugh when i see your posting..
happy.gif

re: changing diaper

agreed w all mummies here... my boi will cross his legs n push away the diaper whenever need to chg for him... he'll oso do tat when wearing socks or pant for him...
now my mum is using pull up pants instead as he's too active for my mum to handle... *sweat*

mangogal
i'm actually planning to hv my #2 soon... wondering i'll be able to make it w/o gg 'mad' handling both of them together even though one already giving me headache... kekeke

Hi Mummies, Happy Birthday to those babies who had celebrated their birthdays and in advance for those akan datang! I'm looking forward to the home party this Sunday.

Had been missing in this forum but has been reading through the postings (lucky not that active that I have to catch up hehe...) Has been rotated between office &amp; counter duty so kinda hard to log-in forum.

Discipline
I've tried smacking my boy's hand when he sticks it in his mouth; touches "forbidden" areas or beating someone. All he does is look at me for 3secs &amp; try it again. He will look at me &amp; wait for my response before he does it again. (think he just want attention). One funny thing last night was my HB smack his hand &amp; bb clapped. All of us just couldn't contain ourselves &amp; laughed out loud.

Changing diapers
Had been a struggle for a long time. Had to keep pulling him back into position and as some mummies said, had to entice him with objects.

Anti-Pro-family
My company has introduced working half day on Saturdays &amp; working till 9pm on Tue &amp; Thurs. Had been discussing with my boss that it's impossible for me to commit to my work as my boy only sticks to me when he's back from the babysitter. Just find it unfair that such timings were just introduced without thinking of us FTWM.

re: changing diaper

my boy is also a little monster during diaper change. we found that washing his butt is better than wiping on the changing mat. we give him his toys to play when we need him lie down or the all thing ultimate - Video clip of mickey mouse club house theme song. Works wonders. i have it in my iphone and use it all the time when he gets cranky in the car.

Changing Diaper,

Yes, yes,... I also facing the problems, he is like snake... twisting his body ... like missy too, i will give him whatever I can grab ard me for him to play, to distract him. usually is wet tissue packet (pigeon) point to the baby (he likes to look at baby). I must action fast before he is tired looking at the baby
happy.gif

Hi Prosper,
I'm not very sure is my hubby will be joining, as sometimes he need to go back to work. so can I tentatively pay for (1) pax first

milk intake varies frm individual to individual... some take 120mls some 150.. some 210.. some 240..
happy.gif

mine is taking only 150. but at night she takes 300.. 150 ard 8+ and 150 ard 9+

think they shd be on two milk feeds more or less.. mine has his first thing in the morning and last thing at night. doesn't have dinner but chugs down abt 300 mls at bedtime, and abt 210mls in the morning when he first wakes up.

agree with missy..

Andrea takes 180ml for morning...after that some breakfast..or vise versa. And then 180ml in the afternoon around 3pm. she has very early lunch at about 11am. And then at night 240ml.

her feeding regime is

6am(sometimes!) - 150mls milk w 1scp cereal
9am - 150mls w 1scp cereal
11am - porridge (1 bowl)
2pm - 150mls milk w 1scp cereal
5pm - porridge (1bowl) &amp; snacks(biscuit / puffs )
8pm - 150mls milk w 1 scp cereal
9pm - 150mls milk w 1 scp cereal

timing is estimated +/- 30mins or so.
happy.gif

Hi Kris,

Can you please add me in as well.

annmelody - 28/3

1. Kris - 27/3
2. Bean (10/4 or 17/4)
3. Powerball - 27/3 or 28/3 or 2/4 (to be confirmed)
4. Ida (28/3)
5. Ida (28/3)
6. Ida (28/3)
7. dodos 10/4
9. juxta (17/4 or 24/4)
9. ipanpan (10/4)
10. HappyLittleWoman (17/4)
11. B512A (15/5)
12. Seabreeze (14/3)
13. moomoo2 (7/3)
14. Piggysg (14/3)

You may email to [email protected], attn Florence and quote ur nick.

Re : Changing Diaper

LOL so the babies are all the same. My mum said that my boy must be like me (a snake! cos I am born in the year of snake). Besides those that mummies here have tried, I also resorted to making funny faces and singing rhymes
happy.gif

mine taking 180ml now, norm 3-4 times daily depend on his schedule...
lunch will be cereal n porridge for his dinner...
he'll hv fruits too...

missy
bb K is drinking 300ml b4 sleep... tat's a lot... is it becoz she hv her dinner early at 5pm+?? norm my boi will hv his dinner ard 6.30-7pm, so b4 sleep i'll give him 180ml

saw other mummies giving extra ml/oz to their bb b4 sleep... wondering should i increase mine too?

sun,

Vera is taking 180ml 3 times daily with interval of porridge/cereal. I think it depends on individual BB bah. Do you see signs of Ryan asking for more milk after finishing his 180ml? For Vera, usually when finishes her 180 she'll push away the bottle and her tumtum is full and hard when touch so I think 180 is enough for her for now.

changing diaper:
I also distract vera with toys, pack of wet tissue, container or toys while changing diaper. Sometimes I also sing and make funny sound so that she can focus on something while I change her. And Action must be fast too.

Hi Mommies,

if interested, please PM me

Huggies Ultra - $14.50
Huggies Pull-up - $14.50
Huggies Dry/comfort - $15.00
Collection at Punggol.

Back