(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Sunshinebaby,

ok ok.. i got it.. from Annabel Karmel's top 100 baby puree..

Apple puree.. can add water (cooled boiled filtered water) of unsweetened apple juice

if u cook the apples in a sauce pan with water, then add these water in to give u a smoother texture.,..

lenny
2886558.gif

coz i haven't got my blender so dun tink can mash tat smooth as blender... kakaka

hazel

thanks for the info on spoon, i think i'm e one asking about the spoon not cindy..heee sleep so late no wonder u blur blur liao la

p3pp3r
u r the most active one in e east so tat makes u the "head" la..
If u can help me to collect i ll order here, its easier for me then i ll meet u to collect..ok?

sun,
I add plain water to make it watering and not so sweet. I use blender to make it puree similar to those from the jar. My boy loves it.

sunshine,

difficult to puree apples (or any other veggie) really smooth unless u have a blender tbh. i don't even bother steaming/cooking the apples/pears i give him cos i puree fresh to ensure he gets the vit c - also seems to me like if i freeze them they become more sour. i don't add water unless even after blending it still doesn't seem smooth.

btw, whoever was asking about the braun hand held blender - i use a similar one from kenwood - most of the hand held blenders serve their purpose well. i prefer the ones that detach so that u can rinse them. if blending fruit/veggie without oily/sticky stuff they rinse off very easily under warm water. i usually rinse immediately as hot water steams out of my tap at high pressure, but if u wash it with warm soapy water it works pretty well too.

however i am waiting to see if beaba babycook going to arrive as i think it will save me more time and less equipment in making his purees/thick soups.

thanks to mangogal, donroxx, sun96, sharlene, asura, pigpig, sharlin, vernice, lizy, princess_in_dreamland, serene, alfafa, p3, lenny, lipstar and teddybb for the birthday wishes! =)

oh my mum and mil told me that i don't have to boil and mash the whole apple leh, jus scrap the flesh out of the unboiled cut apple and give it to baby K...is that ok?

pinksorbet
Happy Birthday To You!!
happy.gif

Yea, agree with Areya, boiling/ steaming fruits will lose all the nutrients, scrape or blend is good enough. I bought the Philips blender and have yet to try.

Pinksorbet,
I try to scrap but is too hard and in the end gets only the juice. I follow the recipe from the "Baby First Food", steam the apple then blend to make it puree.

PINKsorbettt:: Sheng ri kuai le!!
happy.gif

And alfafa, okie, so u mean you've preprepared the cereal INSIDE the spoon andthen carry it on the go and as and when u want, u feed correct? Also, u poured the made cereal into the spoon ah? haha!!

<font color="ff0000">lipstar</font> - no prob.

<font color="aa00aa">any mummies like this? tot of buying it and collect from my colleague in china. Think the whole 3 pc set less than $25 only</font>
2887537.jpg

Why do you have recipes to cook fruit? Am I able to puree raw fruits and feed them to my baby?

Most pediatric sources recommend cooking fruits that will be fed to an infant until that infant is about 8 months old. Bananas and avocado are an exception. For infants who start solids prior to 6 months old, cooking fruits is recommended. Cooking fruits breaks them down thus enabling easier digestion in an immature tummy. The "skins of the fruits should always be peeled, especially prior to 8 months old. Infants who are fed fruits that have been pureed raw may not have any issues with digesting those fruits. There should be no life threatening health risk to baby fed raw fruits however, you may find baby has some digestion and tummy troubles. This should pass once the fruit itself has been passed.

Extracted from: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/veggiefruit.htm#Why%20do%20you%20have%20recipes%20to%20cook%20fruit%20%20Am%20I%20able%20to%20puree%20raw%20fruits%20and%20feed%20them%20to%20my%20baby

idlecat,

diff sources gonna say diff things. best is let ur bb try a bit uncooked for 2-3 days. if ok then no prob ;)

mine kena constipated initially wif uncooked apple then cooked carrot - but then i was on holiday and it was damn hot, so i up his fluids, and perhaps his gut also adjusted by that point - no more problems thereafter.

Hi areya,
I also wonder why need to cook apple... so google and share this info found.
I think maybe fruits like apples and pears I'll still steam for young baby to play safe.
happy.gif

ivy - its not to u in particular. no worries. jus to highlight to all.
happy.gif

sharlin - yes 1 more slot. pls pm me ur contact number? its on 9th sept.. next wed...

<font color="0000ff">Stage And Such Trial Class
VENUE: Central (Clarke Quay Mrt)
DATE: 9th Sept
TIME: 2pm (we meet for lunchie 1st okie? 1230pm @ Central )
Duration of class: 1 hour
Cost: $10
Parent involvement: YES!
Details of class: this is for the babies, so all components will be incorporated. there will be music, puppetshow/story telling, as well as a funny faces section which encourages facial expression thingy.

Class can accomodate up to 8babies

1. cindy &amp; trishelle
2. missycandy &amp; kirsten
3. tusky &amp; abel
4. corene &amp; elijah
5. ilyena &amp; alysa
6. strawberrys79 &amp; Hong Yi
7. Smile &amp; isaac
8. Sharlin &amp; Janelle

*please bring along pair of socks just in case*

lunch (those nearby or not attending the class are welcome to join us
happy.gif
1230pm @ Central )
- mangogal </font>

<font color="ff0000">bbmoomoo</font> - actually both looks nice for bb gal too...
but for longer lasting i will choose black. For fashion purpose, will choose red

bbmoomoo,

heh, your gal first child? if u planning on more probably black is better, in case the second one is a boy, unless u have no problems with red for boys, which is also quite cool. hahahaha

Mummies on TBF,

Am going to start solid on my boy soon and I have been thinking of ways (use manual or elect pump, pump daily or only weekends etc) to express BM so that i can mix with cereals.

How do you find time to pump so that u will have BM to mix with cereal? Do u use manual or elect pump?

Am going to sell my PIS Advance and get a manual pump just to pump enough to mix with solid food.

Any recommendations on good manual pump?

Me still thinking if going for manual pump is right for me...hmm...

Appreciate your advise.

bbmoomoo,

hmmm in that case i wld probably go for the red - think it is hot enough back in sg without the black retaining even more heat, but that is my opinion lah.

sharlin - received!
happy.gif
wil reply u later okiex? my hotmail seems to be having problems all the time... sigh... is anyone facing the same problem? cnt click on emails... cnt reply... nt sure whats wrong.. sometimes can.. sometimes cant..

Want to ask, any mummies using California Baby Calendula Cream or Dr Lily Aloe Vera Gel? Which is better? My boy's feet around the ankle is quite dry &amp; reddish.

i'm using Calendula on baby when he has scratches/cuts or red bumps. so far no adverse reaction. not too bad la but i think some others use it for eczema n it seems to work very well for them.

jasmin - my girl's feet near the ankle around the folds also redding and dry...haiz...it gets worse when the weather is humid...the inside of her elbows also reddish like rashes like that...

shd use calendula or aloe vera??

March 09 babies 6 month contest

<font color="119911">Open too ALL babies on this thread

Step 1: Take a picture of baby with the family. Family includes grandparents, siblings, cousins, godparents, anyone who is considered family to our little ones.

Step 2: Upload it on our Facebook page in the photo section with your forum username in the caption.
http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=114090490007&amp;view=user#/group.php?gid=114090490007
Please ask to join the group if you are not already a member.

Step 3: Winner will be announced 5th Sept at the bash as well as online.

Picture need not be formal or studio perfect. Just show off baby and their loved ones!

Prizes include: Dr Lily's Deep Tissue Gel, Trumpette socks, Cheeritoes, baby shoes
Sponsored by: www.afterorganic.com , www.itsybitsyme.biz and Cadbury (who sells Dr Lily's products)

*Deadline Friday 4th Sept 2359hrs
*Multiple pictures accepted but will appreciate if not more than 5 per baby
** Forum username must be included in caption or entry may be disqualified
</font>

mummies
are u babies more clingy to u these days? I feel my bb prefers to be carried rather than play on his mat..usuallu he can play on his mat quite long..but now not even 5 mins then he cry..when we go out he also cries and wants to be carried..last time can sit calmly on his stroller..
is it just a phase that most bb go thru at this month?

vernice
tat's cute!!! cheap somemore for 3 pcs...

re: apple puree
mayb i'll steam then put it into blender to get a much smooth texture b4 feeding my boi...

pumpkin
total there will be 4 winners for the photo contest, right?

Back