(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

sportyger > erm,if the outlet at harborfront 1?
Can i jus appear on that day to sign up for the package den use the 2 trial classes another day?

sunshinebaby > txs.

The list for the gymboree:

1. sportyger - ok
2. sunshinebaby - ok
3. prosper -ok
4. minnie24 - ok
5. missycandy
6. blurjen
7. babe kazooie - ok
8. keron & Jeris
9. pinksorbet
10. JoJo
11. vernice80
12. Idlecat
13. Jean
14. Queenie (??)
15. Seabreeze - OK
16. Asura - ok

KIV
1. Wintertime
2. Babystarlet

updated list

sun:: can can can store snacks! u know those wangwang mantou? i buy the pigeon ones (it's smaller and can use it to store it). Also now my boy loves raisins, so i put raisins, and there and there, on and off i will buy small biscuits to put in.. aha!! let me know if u want, i can pass u a few.
happy.gif

Lenny:: no la. i not SAHM. not so brave like some of you here. I am teaching, so am off during the school hols.
happy.gif
oct2008 mommies, ehhe means our bb is younger than their by a few months! how nice! I am usually with the nov07 mommies cause that's the age of my #1..
happy.gif
If you waht to go anywhere or meetup anyday in the sept hols, I am ON for you! want to meet the pretty BREE too!

heheh i am also keen on the gymboree play and music...

Anyone keen? Maybe we can start a list on the gymboree music class? hehe!!

wah everyone very active today. i'm lost on all the posts le.

@:~ Nancy ~ For proper teethers, u might want to try Sophie the giraffe. my boy loves her. Another one that he likes is a Pigeon brand teether that looks like a flower. one end has 5 patels the other has 6 (if i am not wrong). Orange and yellow in color. He sometimes like Sophie, sometimes like pigeon. Also bought him the nuby icy bite teether but he does not like it.

Teethers can be filled with water or some special gel. Water is safer if you are concerned about bursting. the special gel is good if you wan to pop in to the fridge for baby.

Not sure if you are particular but nuby icy teether n other nuby teethers have been recalled in canada.

Anyway... most of the time my boy prefers to bite his fingers, my fingers, hubby's fingers, tissue box, remote control, weaning spoon, bolster, etc. so a teether might not be useful afterall =P

Re Taka.. yes going tomorrow. gonna try to go early to beat the crowd =P

1. sportyger - ok
2. sunshinebaby - ok
3. prosper -ok
4. minnie24 - ok
5. missycandy
6. blurjen
7. babe kazooie - ok
8. keron & Jeris
9. pinksorbet
10. JoJo - OK OK!
11. vernice80
12. Idlecat
13. Jean
14. Queenie (??)
15. Seabreeze - OK
16. Asura - ok

KIV
1. Wintertime
2. Babystarlet

Ameda Pump:

Finally tried the ameda pump for the full pumping session.. the other time i pump at breastfeeding org for 10 mins. Verdict: it does give me a little more milk, 10 ml. Not much diff from the medela freestyle. But the swapping of pump exercise was good for me.. at least kills my curiousity on whether ameda is much better for me and saves me $$...
happy.gif

As for my colleague, i mentioned earlier, she have no difference in yield for the medela freestyle and din feel any difference between the 2.

Vernice,

yep.. i bought 8 carter bibs from the Beanie BP. diff by a dollar is ok la.. i normally will opt for registered mail for postage.

I haven;t decide on the Beanie yet..

Thanks for telling me..*hugs*

<font color="ff0000">lenny</font> - heehee okok...tot update u mah..cos i also intend to get bibs just last 2 days then kena rejected by my mum.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">lenny</font> - cos i got some hand me down and those from freebies plus my maid will wash everyday so quite ok lor. sianz..same for buying clothes too

the bibs for gals are much more prettier leh. i so envy u

1. sportyger - ok
2. sunshinebaby - ok
3. prosper -ok
4. minnie24 - ok
5. missycandy
6. blurjen
7. babe kazooie - ok
8. keron &amp; Jeris
9. pinksorbet
10. JoJo - OK OK!
11. vernice80
12. Idlecat
13. Jtho - ok
14. Queenie (??)
15. Seabreeze - OK
16. Asura - ok

KIV
1. Wintertime
2. Babystarlet

Vernice
Thanks for the tip on beannie, will reconsider le...My mum same as your mum, asked me don't buy too many clothes and bibs for my boy, cos she washes everyday. But I can't control the shopping urge :p

1. sportyger - ok
2. sunshinebaby - ok
3. prosper -ok
4. minnie24 - ok
5. missycandy - okie dokie
6. blurjen
7. babe kazooie - ok
8. keron &amp; Jeris
9. pinksorbet
10. JoJo - OK OK!
11. vernice80
12. Idlecat
13. Jtho - ok
14. Queenie (??)
15. Seabreeze - OK
16. Asura - ok

KIV
1. Wintertime
2. Babystarlet

Hi gals,

Sorry to disturb. I am a May 09 mummy.

I bought a Pupsik baby pouch from ebay (2nd hand) but realised the cutting is not suitable for me! Looks like I am destinated to be a sling user...wahahaha...

I am selling my baby pouch
http://www.pupsikstudio.com/catalog.php?item=112
I bought the M size de,suitable for gals from 45kg to 60kg.

Interested PM me. I am letting go at $20 only inclusive of normal local postage.

Hi mummies... no time to look at every post but wanted to say hi anyway. Hope everyone is doing fine.

Attended Kindermusik Trial with Babe, Pei, Inya and other friends today. I think it was not too bad. But I'm not sure I would sign up for a package. Those who attended, what are your thoughts?

3rd night going solo and it's ok so far. Nice to have the whole bed to myself haha.

Baby A poo-ed on the couch! Spent half an hour cleaning and disinfecting the area. Think I need to have it professionally cleaned though.

September sounds so fun, too bad I will be away.

Counting down to next week's gathering
happy.gif

pumpkinseed,

Kindermusik,i also find it not too bad but not signing up for the package cos i dont like the idea of being trapped during weekends ferrying bb for activities.

ur couch is cloth? Oh dear... i also very scared when they poo one, can be a lot.. wonder when they would stop wearing diapers forgood... lol

Starting baby on solids - talk at NUH
- Was reading Mind Your Body section of ST today and saw that there is a free talk at 1-2pm tmr at NUH by a pediatric dietician. Call 6772 2184 to register.
- too bad i have a 2pm mtg or i'll pop by for a look
- if any mummies can make it down maybe can share what the dietician says?
happy.gif

1. sportyger - ok
2. sunshinebaby - ok
3. prosper -ok
4. minnie24 - ok
6. blurjen
7. babe kazooie - ok
8. keron &amp; Jeris
9. pinksorbet
10. JoJo - OK OK!
11. vernice80
12. Idlecat - OK
13. Jtho - ok
14. Queenie (??)
15. Seabreeze - OK
16. Asura - ok

KIV
1. Wintertime
2. Babystarlet

Can I add in my name for the gymboree class too?

1. sportyger - ok
2. sunshinebaby - ok
3. prosper -ok
4. minnie24 - ok
6. blurjen
7. babe kazooie - ok
8. keron &amp; Jeris
9. pinksorbet
10. JoJo - OK OK!
11. vernice80
12. Idlecat - OK
13. Jtho - ok
14. Queenie (??)
15. Seabreeze - OK
16. Asura - ok
17. jaszho - ok (just added)

KIV
1. Wintertime
2. Babystarlet

Lenny
I'm also looking for thermal swimwear cause realise the pool's water can be quite cold. Saw at mothercare but the sizes seem more for toddlers. Babies' one usually come with "built-ini"' floats.

Ok, more info on the scrapbook class. here's the short introduction

2858550.jpg

Ok, found that the picture is a bit small.
I'll type what she wrote here:

In September, we will be celebrtating the little prince or princess in your life with a mini album that is huge in cuteness! With the super-adorable papers from October Afternoon's 'Ducks In A Row' collection, a variety of mini chipboard pieces from Maya Road and lots of embellishments full of texture and overloaded with fun, this brag book will be one you will be proud to show off! While small in size, this 5x3" album will contain your favourite pictures and ample journaling spaces - perfect for remembering the gift that is your child. It will be a keepsake he or she will treasure too!

Price of this class is $50 and materials (worth over $40) will be provided. Boy and Girl version available.

Cost of class: $50 (inclusive of materials)
Date: 04 Sept 09, Friday

Names:
1. Irene
2. Jasmin
3. Hazel

Anyone else interested?

good morning mummies,

1. sportyger - ok
2. sunshinebaby - ok
3. prosper -ok
4. minnie24 - ok
6. blurjen
7. babe kazooie - ok
8. keron &amp; Jeris - ok
9. pinksorbet
10. JoJo - OK OK!
11. vernice80
12. Idlecat - OK
13. Jtho - ok
14. Queenie (??)
15. Seabreeze - OK
16. Asura - ok

KIV
1. Wintertime
2. Babystarlet

oh yah, sportyger, if can get hubby to join in will be good..

Ann, kindermusik is quite cold, i will advise you to let bb wear socks or long pants.

pumpkinseed, got to drop my LV order as i did not have time to venture the stores... thanks...

asura, i tried medela and ameda @ the breastfeeding group, but tink ameda is better, cos heard about the milk flowing back to the tubes for medela and hard to remove something like that, so in the end i bought ameda. Super good!!

Hi hi,
Anyone going to the Taka baby fair later at lunch time? Misscandy U going since you say U on leave right? Im going there around 12 plus later.

1. sportyger - ok
2. sunshinebaby - ok
3. prosper -ok
4. minnie24 - ok
6. blurjen - ok
7. babe kazooie - ok
8. keron &amp; Jeris
9. pinksorbet
10. JoJo - OK OK!
11. vernice80
12. Idlecat - OK
13. Jtho - ok
14. Queenie (??)
15. Seabreeze - OK
16. Asura - ok

KIV
1. Wintertime
2. Babystarlet

keron &amp; Jeris,

Oh... I not sure leh.. cos i compared Medela freestyle with Ameda. Think the medela at the breastfeeding group is the PIS A. So far, i dont have problems of milk flowing back for my medela freestyle. Ameda is really not bad comparing the price to medela. Unfortunately, I already bought Medela freestyle and since ameda does not give me more milk yield, there's no point for me to get the ameda pump. Think if i have not gotten any pump, i would have got ameda cos value for money. But hor, medela freestyle is super light compared to the ameda one.

Jus a update for the AquaDucks class. The 26th Sep, 2pm class is confirmed. They had given the slot again. I had also sent the email to those affected mummies.

List of mommies for AquaDucks Swimming Lesson (26/9/09, 2pm slot)CONFIRMED!
1. blurjen
2. jtho
3. Lenny Susanty
4. babydreams
5. daphne crosailo kang
6. starflower

List of mommies for AquaDucks Swimming Lesson (03/10/09, 2.30pm slot) CONFIRMED!
1. Minnie
2. Jasmin
3. babe kazooie

Venue for the trial class:
Soprano Restaurant
7, Portsdown Road S(139298)

Victoria, tentatively at the teacher's home at Bedok.
I'm trying to see if I can find a place nearer.

paging Hazel...
are you attending? If so, can we borrow your place for this class?

irene
where's the class? Can bring BB? If I go for the class, think need to put him at my mum's plc. What time is it?

Huh?! Bedok? so far.

Kris &amp; Keron/ Asura: I tried Ameda, really not bad, faster let down, milk supply also resume back to 150ml...hee..hope will be more :p
No regrets and can save $$, the only down thing is not BPA free...
Kris, the pump did u sterlise every after u finish pumping?

Taka fair:Cannot go dwn later as gt lunch meeting, sianz...

Jasmine &amp; missycandy, update us after the fair yeah
happy.gif

mangogal
now Ameda has BPA already for the funnel..recently purchase from spree..all the avent parts are BPA..as the ameda bottles not sure about cos i am using medala bottles to store the milk

Scrapbook Class:

2858909.jpg

In September, we will be celebrtating the little prince or princess in your life with a mini album that is huge in cuteness! With the super-adorable papers from October Afternoon's 'Ducks In A Row' collection, a variety of mini chipboard pieces from Maya Road and lots of embellishments full of texture and overloaded with fun, this brag book will be one you will be proud to show off! While small in size, this 5x3" album will contain your favourite pictures and ample journaling spaces - perfect for remembering the gift that is your child. It will be a keepsake he or she will treasure too!

Price of this class is $50 and materials (worth over $40) will be provided. Boy and Girl version available.

Time: 1pm or 2pm start.

Names:
1. Irene
2. Jasmin
3. Hazel

Anyone else interested? limited to 5 people only

mangogal, in office i dun sterilise cos i will pump twice at the most. after 1st time pump i will put the funnels + valves + bellows in a tupperware container and then in the fridge. after 2nd pump i normally bring home to wash. tink there are a couple of mummies also doing that too. But at home, i definitely wash it after each pump, cannot be lazy.. the funnels got 2 types, in short one is PP, the other one is PC, cant remember which one is BPA, but definitely the parts are easy to find.

this is the link i compare the pumps before getting ameda, tink each got its pros and cons. at the end of the day, choose the one which you are most comfortable with...
http://www.breast-pumps.org/v/vspfiles/asp/compare-ameda-medela.html

mummies,
since we are starting to give solids to our bbs, do u sterilise all the utensils used? when can we stop sterilising bb's milk bottles?

oh yes, mangogal, do you use the glass bottles from hospitals? those glass bottles can be attached to the ameda funnels as well. that's y i loved ameda, lesser exposure to bacteria as i dun have to pour to another bottle or milk bag after pumping.... hope you get what i mean..

oops, i tink blurjen din use my updated list, here it goes...

1. sportyger - ok
2. sunshinebaby - ok
3. prosper -ok
4. minnie24 - ok
6. blurjen - ok
7. babe kazooie - ok
8. keron &amp; Jeris - ok
9. pinksorbet
10. JoJo - OK OK!
11. vernice80
12. Idlecat - OK
13. Jtho - ok
14. Queenie (??)
15. Seabreeze - OK
16. Asura - ok

KIV
1. Wintertime
2. Babystarlet

Ya office I dun sterlise too, just put in fridge
BTW what is PP &amp; PC? anyway thks for advise
happy.gif

Since buy liao of cos will make good use in it

Scrapbook Class:

Names:
1. Irene
2. Jasmin
3. Hazel
4. Babydreams

**May i noe wat time is the class?

Irene, I can let out my place for scrapbook class but I'm not sure is my place convenient enough for mommies to come over.

Back