(2008/10) Oct 2008

Rei-chan: Held it at my aunt's condo the function room. hehehe.. those guests never come at the same time ma... split them up so still quite ok.. but can see that not enough seating capcity lor..
For my 2nd one, i also think we won't invite so many guests. Really headache and very "luan"!

Hi all,

This thread moves really fast, just finished reading thru the previous post.

1st of all, welcome all new MTBs who have joined us.

I visit Dr Adrian for my #1 and current one, he also give me folic acid and multi vitamins (pink colour ones).

Breastfeed/pump
I used PIS, i find it ok. Heard many gd reviews on Avent manual but im too lazy to work my fingers, so its sitting in my store aft afew usage. Mayb will try it again for my #2. I rem. one mommy said that her kid dun take the bottle? Well, mine too! I guess i introduce the bottle too late coz need to pump+sterlise, prefer to direct latch. When we start to give him bottle before i was abt to return to work, he rejected. So bo bian, spoon feed him my expressed breast milk. So all my bottles are used to store my milk only..Sigz.

Leg cramps
I remember i hv v.bad leg cramps (Jiao Chou Jing) during my 2nd trim onwards for my #1 at nite. Have to wake my hubby up to massage. Even aft massaging, i still wake up in the morning feeling painful in my lower leg muscle. I certaintly dun look forward to tat for this #2.

Food cravings
I hv cravings for curry, be it indian curry or curry puffs. Will be going for a buffet next week, but i cant touch the raw salmon! Sob sob..

chocolate!!! nw i craving for chocolate Fondue!! geezz... so sinful!

raw salmon...
i taken salmon sushi throughout my #1. but i make sure they sliced it fresh. those on the belt, i will not look or even bother. i will instruct the waitress/waiter for fresh and giving them the reason. they usually very happy to do that. now #2 got no craving... so i nvr bother to eat
happy.gif

why cant take raw, becos scare of bacterias on the raw meat.

<font color="ff0000">hazeline</font>,

i m oso a salmon sashimi lover!! i cannot imagine i cant have it now. actually ard 5 weeks to 6 weeks i still have abit of raw fish.

where are you going for buffet??

Re: Birthday Cake
With abt 100 guests, how heavy should we order for te cake? if 3 teir, very diff to cut the cake right? wont it collapse"?

hazeline
i intro bottle right fr the hospital. hehe. but thats cos i m not on tbf. i mix with formula. i only latch on at night cos very lazy to make milk for him. i stop bf when my boy turning 8 mths. feel abit sad but relieve cos its really tiring having to work n find time to pump. n not forgetting getting some watchful "eyes" from boss.

hazeline/rachel mommy
i also love salmon sashimi.....i ate abit durin my #1 time. no craving now. so also dun bother. in fact i dun seems to crave for any food tis time rd. prob still early ba. i put on a scary 20kg during #1. had 8kg more to lose b4 i get preg. so i hope i wont gain too much tis time rd else i will have a hard time losing the wt.

i gained 13 kg for #1, but this one.... my weight like gng constantly up. soooo scary. but hubby said, i want to lose weight very easy.. its only i want or not.

<font color="119911">Pine Garden>> thanks all who recommended and for the link and contacts. will pop by there for baby one month (LOL so KS hor, now already plan one month... fainted) are they ex? can we sample the cakes? or they got slice cakes for sale at their shop? goodness their cakes are so very pretty!! =)

breast pump>> wah din know there's so many thing about breast pump..hai guess will have to try for myself oso.

birthdays>> wow i really din know u all spend so much for your children's birthday parties leh!! even go country club etc... wah... even my own birthday i oso bu she de..keke... your kids are very blessed =)

lili>> mine 11 weeks liao; so din show the grapefruit quote lol...so i recreated another one to show the quote. but but my sis both sons all due late de. so i think likely i follow her pattern.

tweety>> sorry i need to add your gmail address then u can edit. u got gmail address? else let me know what u wanan change then i change for u?

leg cramps>> i heard cause for cramping (normally) is lack of salt. could it be not enough salt in your diet?

weight gain>>i heard that if u start of the pregnancy light (for your height) then u will gain more weight. any idea is that the case? or average weight oso will gain 13-20kg?
</font>

Juz Me
i didnt even celebrate my bday now. the most just go for dinner. with baby, every cents also spend on them.
happy.gif
buy toys, clothing, books etc.....

Re: Weight Gain
not too sure abt wt gain. i'm av wt b4 my 1st preg. but i eat like nobody business. if my hubby on noon shift, there will always be supper for me at midnight. cant imagine i can wake up n eat n then go back sleep. most of the time will be mac, chicken pie etc. so fattening......

Rachel Mummy,

Im goin to Ritz Calton, Greenhouse. The buffet is v.nice! Spead and variety is gd.

Coz its buffet, im afraid that it might not be fresh, although it is a reputable hotel. Mayb i shd just wait near to the salmon sashimi until they top up with freshly cut ones, then i CHIONG! Haha..but most prob limit myself to afew slices. I dun hv special craving for it, but i quite like it and will always go for it at buffets =p

Cheezel,
I din introduce the bottle until 10 weeks! Had a hard time giving him the bottle. This time round, i learnt my lessons, will intro bottle by 4th weeks.

buffet... i dun seem to be able to get so much food in as much as before. i wish i can go for buffet! whahahhaa.. i think i can only dream haiz

Hi mummies: I love salmon sashimi!!! Totally love it!! Dr Woody say can eat so I did! Kekek...

Rachel mummy: Wow the pine garden's cake sure look nice!! Looks yummy leh! But the lychee nartini, kids cannot take right?

Karen: My blood clot is cleared now. I had spotting from the time I know I am preggy till week 13th. MC for one mth plus... Yes, usually if no blood clot means no spotting, blood clot can be passed out as bleeding or absorb by body. Mine passed out actually. Dr told me it will not affect the bb, just that need to rest, cannot work. Once your pregnancy stabalise, should be ok. Jia you!

Little ger: I had two red bleeding scare during my 1st trimester as well, went to A&amp;E once. My gynae also scared seeing me liao.. Kekeke.. Cos last week I went to see him for flu &amp; he thought I bleed again.

Juz me: I don't have gmail leh. Can help me update? Thanks!

=>EDD: 5 Sep
=>Dr: Dr Adrian Woodworth
=> Pregnancy Carvings: steak, cold cha soba, sashimi, sushi.
=> Tiredness, bloating, MS: morning, afternoon, especially evenings. No mood to eat. Aviod eating too spicy stuff cos of burping.

Juz Me
I put on about 13-14 kg for my 1st pregnancy even though I din really eat extra meals and there was no craving at all. I put on the most weight during the 1st - 2nd trimester. My tummy popped out very fast and by the 12th week, everybody can notice that i'm pregnant! During my last trimester, I lost my appetite. I had to force myself to eat for the sake of the little one in my tummy. There was a period of time when doc said bb is not putting on weight. Have since lost all the pregnancy weight within 4 months after i gave birth. For this one, i dont know how much weight will i put on
sad.gif

storeberry
wow! your bb know all the good food hor!

Dr Woody sure say everything can eat as long as we eat in moderation. The only food which he warned me not to take too much is durian.

during #1, i dun feel like eating too, till i did not gain enough weight. Hubby "picha" my lobang to my gynae and i kena scolding from her. She got mad cos i did not want to eat. So i LL force myself to eat.

This #2 i eat so much till i scare... I was telling my gynae abt my eating and she tot i force myself to eat. I said no no... just eat non stop.

storeberry
ya...Dr woddy will always say everything can eat but in moderation. i remember when i ask him if i can eat sashimi n he say "y not?, you're not eating the whole salmon fish right?" *faint* when i heard that......hehehe.....my 1st preg, the only food i was told to avoid is pineapple.

one more day MC. tomor need to work liao,.
sad.gif

littleger, i suggest you rest in bed, totally lay flat. be a good girl. i am sure this spotting will be gone in no time.

rest in bed = complete rest and not even in a sit up position. the only time you get up is for food and toilet and nothing else. In order for your pregnancy to stabilise, you first have to help yourself by being a very good girl

good morning babes!!

cooling morning yah...

<font color="ff0000">cheezel</font>,
3kg is enough. or u want to play safe 4kg oso can.

hehehe... another sashimi lover.

20kg!!

<font color="0000ff">juz me</font>,
yes they do sell slices of cakes there.

<font color="aa00aa">isabelle</font>,
you another one... kekeke.... shiok hor...

<font color="119911">hazeline</font>,
wah!! ritz carlton!! how much per pax?

<font color="ff0000">storeberry</font>,
actually hor the lycee martini kids oso can eat. coz dun even have any taste of martini. but is really very nice.

<font color="aa00aa">mousebb</font>,
Y not durian?? ya Woody everything oso can eat one. pineapple he will oso say can. he very ang moh style.

rachel mum
durian is good &amp; i like it &amp; planning to eat next month or so BUT not much else sugar intake alot i heard. wow.. pineapple can eat, some can take depends on individual body.

<font color="119911">morning all! =)

hazeline>> mabbe u should also tell the serving staff that u are pregnant and request for fresh sashimi to be safe?

cheezel>> its good that u retain your appetite right? should be better than always no appetite i guess. like night time i see food, i wanna gag. any difference for you this pregnancy?

mousebb>> wow, did u deliberately make effort to lose the weight? did u breastfeed/masasge etc? how come cannot take much durian?? what my gynae mention is stay away from sashimi and caffeine leh, but all things in moderation lor 8| why different gynae got different instructions.
</font>

Carole Ng: my spotting is on n off kind... i only hope by 2nd trimester it will just go away. Next week is my gynae appt... so looking forward to it! Hope baby is doing well..

rachel mummy
i think prob i spotting constantly, in fact everyday, during my 1st trim during #1. so he say No No to pineapple. not sure y....he say just avoid.

yeah.....20kg. alot hor....haiz......i look at my pre preg photo n the photo now.....SO FAT

Rachel mum
Oh yes! Dr Woody also told me not to eat pineapple. During my 1st trimester last time, I always asked for pineapple fried rice so when i asked him, he said i can eat everything as long as there is nothing to do with pineapple! So I waited till 2nd trimester and I asked him again, this round, he actually pondered for a while before he said yes to my question.

I guess maybe durian will make mummy and bb put on a lot of weight bah. At that point of time, I guess Dr Woody's concern is if bb is too big, also hard to go for natural birth bah. Or maybe, he saw me put on a lot of weight during the first two trimesters so stopped me from eating durian lor. In fact, i only eat durian twice throughout my 1st pregnancy leh.

Cheezel
Your gynae is also Dr Woody? My hubby always said he is my favourite doctor bcos everything i asked him, he sure say can or can try, always so supportive!

<font color="ff0000">lili</font>,
the old folks will say eating durian very "pu" for the baby.

<font color="aa00aa">litttleger</font>,
oh i cater Neo Garden for my elder girl's 1 yr old bday party.

<font color="0000ff">cheezel</font>,
OIC.

is ok lah... ur hubby dun mind can liao.

but i very envy some mummies, after birth still so slim. machiam like nvr pregnant b4 like tat.

Juz Me
I didnt purposely try to lose weight. I guess maybe during my confinement, i din eat a lot and also I breastfed my boy till be is around 4.5 months. My gynae always said the best method to lose weight is to take care of the bb on our own and this will be the fastest way to lose weight. I also didnt go for massage bcos of my c-sect, my gynae has told me not to go for any kind of message.

Good morning ladies!

JuZ Me, I will PM you my gmail account later ya
happy.gif

On BreastPump, I'm using Medela PIS. It is my saviour! Without it, I possibly won't be able to bf my gal for 12 mths. My gal on totally EMB as she was too impatient to latch. People said must preserve, I perserved but she got more and more impatient as she grows older. So by 3 mths, I stopped latching totally. :D But I'm glad she is still taking BM until 1 yr old.
happy.gif

Pine Gardens, I also ordered from Pine Gardens for my gal's 1st yr old celebration. All the guests love the cake! I think I took blackforest flavour? Ya, nowadays a lot of parents are very willing to spend on their kids's birthdays.
happy.gif
I held my gal's celebration at Mount Faber Safra Ballroom. It was very nice with good food and nice environment. Spent quite a lot on it, but I'm really glad I had done it for her. But for #2, might not be able to do so luxury, but see how.
happy.gif

Weight gain, I heard that the avg range is between 11 to 16kg if you are on normal weight. If you are on lighter side, you got to gain a bit more and gain lesser if you are on the heavier side.

I gained 11kg for my first pregnancy. Err.. this round, I think I will gain more lar. haaaa...

Cheers!

rachel mummy
ya lo. i have a few colleagues, after give birth come bck also slim slim. during their preg, u dun even know they preg when u see them fr behind.

mousebb
ya. my #1 n current also dr woody. he everything also normal.....checkup haben even warm up my buttock on his chair, he's done with me....hehehe.....i also bf my bb le....bf for 8 mths, 1st 3 month also take care of bb myself n when i return back to work, i take care of bb at night...but hor...tat stubborn 8kg still cant lose. wonder if i eat too much junk food during my #1 preg.

Juz me
not much diff for this preg. Just tat i hate steam fish now as compare to the last preg. 1st trim normally not much appetite, my appetite only improve when 2nd trim

Salmon
Haha..Dr Adrian's reply to Cheezel is so funny "you are not eating the whole fish right?". So glad to hear that can eat in moderation, maybe i wldnt ask the staff for freshly cut ones lar, dunwan to announce pregnancy so soon. But will CHIONG for the newly top ups ones =)

As for the greenhouse, its international buffet, got wide variety. Pricing also reasonable at $32+++ (many years ago). Keke..I haven call to check yet.

Cheezel
He is those chop chop type but one thing which I like about him is he is always contactable. I have sent him sms a few times as I was not feeling well, each time he responded very fast or returned my call almost immediately. Did he take your blood pressure on each check-up? In my last pregnancy, he always checked my blood presuure before he scan my tummy but this pregnancy, he bo check for me leh.

Good morning, mummies!

Hazeline,
I'm the mummy whose baby refuse bottle. Funny thing is that she can drink water from bottle woh. But the moment, I put milk inside, she refused. Then how leh, like you loh, spoonfeed. ^_^ Kena scolded by my peditrician for letting the baby call the shots. He was funny, he said that parents will only do this kind of stuff for 1st child, if she is our 4th kid, definitely won't have this kind of problem. Lucky we found out she can drink from straw, if not, I dunno what I'll do to get her to drink milk.

My lactation consultant recommend that I give milk in bottle after 2 weeks. If earlier than that, baby may not want to go for breast later cos bottles are easier to drink from than breast. My fault that I just gave water loh. This time will know better.

Jasminetea: First kid is always very lucky and pampered by parents. I'm willing to splurge on my girl... when the 2nd one comes, I also doubt i will have the ability to splurge on BOTH!

hazeline
i think prob another reason for trying not to eat sashimi is leading to stomach upset/food posioning if its not fresh. try to go for fresh one. normally those from jap restaurant should be okay ba

mousebb
he didnt take my blood pressure all the way till 3rd trim. the 1st 2nd trim only scan. then urine test...n then blood pressure. he only take my wt once. hehe. but this time rd, he take urine test when i going 8 weeks le.

rachel's mummy
what is 'pu'?

DURIANS
First preg I ate a quite bit of them! But only ard the 5th to 6 mth onwards.

rei chan
ha ha i super kiasu, only gave milk in bottle after 6 weeks!
My girl also refused bottle abt 2 weeks after we intro it, but we hard hearted, let her cry and I even went shopping so that I won't give in. After 2 to 3 days, she knew already that if she din drink that bottle, she wun get milk from me until the next feed so boh pian, she guai guai drink.

Hi mummies,
I'm from sep'08 thread...have not been logging in for awhile, busy with work &amp; have some slight spotting earlier on.

Rachel Mum, can i check with you. I'm gg to order cake from Pine garden for my gal 1st birthday next week. Their quote includes artistic charge of $25/-, is this the norm? I'm only requesting for a normal number shaped cake...can advise. thanks ya.

btw mummies, i'm experiencing some sharp pain on my left abodiminal area whenever i sneeze these 2 days.Is this norm huh? should i go see gynae??

Hi Cheezel and Mousebb,
Surprised your BP not monitored. As I think some MTBs develop high blood in pregnancy and is something that Gynae needs to manage.I am borderline high and my gynae is concerned that I may have preeclampsia. But when i rest at the clinic and retake BP its a more decent reading. So he is attributing it to anxiety for now so gynae still monitoring. You gals might want to ask your docs.

Back