(2008/10) Oct 2008

everafter, my hubby also prefers boy but I prefer girl. But he said he wana keep it a surprise, and does not wana know the gender till delivery! I doubt I can tahan till then though. hehe...

I do not really have any craving for food since my appetite not very good.

dimpletot, do we have to arrange for the TMC hospital visit? Or just let them know when we are there? I am considering TMC if I deliver in spore.

mummies, for those packages right, are the scans included in all the visits? Or we do not need scans for all the visits?

Is the Mendela PIS advance the electronic Bf-ing equipment? cos i heard after bb gets teeth after 6 months not so safe to bf. haha.

pinkimum - they have tours daily at 11am and 2pm. You can just go to the info desk to register near that time.
happy.gif
I went on Sat - it was very very crowded!

<font color="0000ff">Konnichiwa to All MTBs,

Like to check with you all, did anyone get the wristband thing from pharmacy which is used for motion sickness does it helps with easing the MS?

Thanks</font>

Hi all

Nice to see so mummies in this thread. I am about 7weeks + 2 days pregnant. My ETD is 24/10/08. I already have one 14month old baby girl.

diane: if carry on Bf-ing, my girl takes up lots of nutrients, and gynae dun wan that to happen.. but since bb growing well, she never say much.. but just say, try to stop..

not safe to BF? lol no such things lahz. my girl bites me at 6th mths.. i told her no.. she understands, from then on never bite me... even till now full grown teeths. its more on how much is your preservance in BF-ing.

my girl's teacher even BF-ing till her 2nd child is born. till nw she still bf-ing. elder abt 4yrs old.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Shortcake, yes tis is my 1st child, my mum and aunties have been seeing him for years so the trust is there..moroever he's a very nice, friendly and patient gynae who will answer all your questions and not rush you thru during each visit, felt comfy with him.

Another plus point is his charges are very very reasonable
happy.gif
only the waiting time abit long at times...

Everafter, so it seems dun work at all, thot of getting it but now..having 2nd thots thanks
happy.gif
</font>

Tt's gd. Muz found some1 comfortable with cos u would seeing him/her 4 some time.
Yes, the waiting time i heard is a bit long. Hmm...muz b very excited...being 1st time parents

Hi Carole,

wah u really v good...hope i can be like u..heehee..but then again i v lazy one...will see how it goes!

Hi mspiggy, my bb abt the same length as yours...2.63cm...heeheee...

Hello, mummies!

Purebliss:
BF and alcohol must timed properly. Of course, if alcohol in food, no problem cos cooking process will evaporate. When I drink DOM neat, I drink immediately after breastfeeding cos baby can usually tahan about 2 hrs before wanting another feed and by then your body has metabolize the alcohol. I know some mummies who pump and dump after taking alcohol. But for me, I dun have excess milk already so no dumping for me! hahaha.

If suay suay, ur baby starts wanting milk after u drank alcohol. Better to avoid bf and give bottle. I usually pump out some to keep in fridge/freezer for such emergencies. Also, don't start off with too much DOM until you are sure of ur baby's feeding schedule.

Juz me and Jasminetea:
I'm flying on Good Friday too! Well, actually it's a 1am flight on Saturday,but will have to be at airport earlier mah. Still sticking to destination Japan cos already promised my daugther's god mother. She is worried though cos in Japan, they recommend no travelling till 5 mths and I'll be only about 10 weeks.

Going for scan next Tuesday just to make sure everything ok before I fly. MS is getting much better now, so I guess baby is more stable??

Crabs:
I avoided for my last pregnancy but my girl also came out with itchy hands leh. Hence, I dun have much faith in that belief anymore. Hahaha. Anyway, MIL and the other elders watching me all the time with this pregnancy also, so also got no chance to sneak crab anywhere. Hahahhaha. Good thing is everybody will co-operate and bring me eat all the crabs I want after birth. So I guess that even things out. ^_^

hi Jasminetea!

REally? can see the baby so clear liao? I am so happy for you!

Korea also not bad! So you following a tour package? I hesitate leh, does your girl adapt well to tour package? Like we have to follow their timing, eat fast fast...etc...

We still sticking the plan to Japan, my girl super duber excited about the disney character. We went to the Disney on ice last week and its really amazing!

Btw, i am going for my gynae visit tommorow!
happy.gif

hi mummies,

Any one been to the Taka baby fair yet? just curious to know if the baby items are really bargain prices? I need to stock up wipes, pigeon detergent..etc. 2nd time mummy liao, so alot of things already have :p But need another stroller though...

Hi Reichan

Crabs: Yes, i oso dun believe in tt too. Cos like u, i oso avoided eating for my last pregnancy. Yet, my gal oso came out with itchy hands....:<
Btw how old is ur gal?

Shortcake, she's 2 years 1 mth now. Super duper active. Now in playgroup to burn off excess eneregy. ^_^ Hmm.. so u also avoid crab now? My MIL even control my crabmeat stick intake leh. (The type used for steamboat) I was thinking, are there actually any real crabmeat in there???? Hahhahahaha

Purebliss,

You think too much lar. relax...i also have number of friends delivered twin safely w/o any complication. Dun worry lar. Not good for your baby.

hi janey,

the baby fair is worth going. some items are really cheaper than usual.

for example bottles, teat, car seat &amp; etc.

HI mummies,

I think all children born with "curiousity" naturally. They like to touch and feel things lor...hand is their brain.

reichan, Hee.. ur mil so funny...nw my appetite is dwn by > than 50%. I can't eat nw cos I can't take seafood and fish...Juz dun like..hee nw bb dun like.. mayb later. My gal is 14mths and she is so active. Cimb here n there etc...headache
happy.gif

HI Ladies,

Hope you all had a great lunch
happy.gif

Diane, I agreed with you that 1 to 2 days earlier make a lot of difference. Possibly because of my baby's development, my EDD is adjusted to 6 Oct instead of 8 Oct on the ultrascan.
happy.gif

Triple test got test for other things huh? I really don't know about it. All along I thought it is only for DS. Maybe I go back and refer to my triple test report for my #1 and see what else is included
happy.gif

My gynae so far had never mentioned OSCARS to me before. However, I will be doing a detailed scan at her clinic at week 20 I think. Not sure if it is similar to OSCARS. Maybe I will check with her next round.

Icylemon, Ya lor. I'm really amazing how fast our babies grow in size.

Hey I got same tots as you. I don't mind another gal this round 'cos I invested too much $$ on my #1 gal's clothes!
happy.gif
But if it is a boy, a lot of people will be happy lar esp my MIL!

Everafter, during my 1st pregnancy, I'm not able to make out what is on the scan either. Everytime my gynae said my gal like this, like that, I go huh? This round, somemore more experienced, can follow what my gynae is talking about
happy.gif

PureBliss, I so understand how you feel. I was very anxious on Sat while waiting for my turn to see my gynae too. Was only relived after the scan and hearing the baby's heartbeat. Don't worry too much though. Everything will be fine ya
happy.gif
Count down to the visit!

JusMe &amp; Rei-chan, Wow! So happy to hear tt you are travelling too.
happy.gif
Must really enjoy ourselves before this little one comes along.

Janey, ya I'm going on package. So far, I bought my gal to Hong Kong &amp; Bintan and both are by F&amp;E, so I also don't know if she can adapt or not. However, she can sleep anywhere if she is tired. So I guess and hope it will be okay for her lar.
happy.gif

Keep us posted on your gynae's visit tomorrow ya.
happy.gif

Cheers~

mummies i very fan.

my girl is turning 15 mths.

by then when i pop the 2nd one, my elder one will be ard 21-22 mths. suitable age to go child care.

currently my mother is helping me to take care of her.

now my mother insist i have to get a maid to help her.

but i really dun want to get a maid.

is so odd to have another stranger at home.

told my mum tat i do not wish to get a maid. then this few days she keep giving me "black face". haiz...

i think I will just go for triple test in week 16. OSCARS is week 12 test... both ways I will keep the kid, so any testing is just for xin li zhun bei.

haha so funny eat crab might get heng xing ba dao kid... I think that depends more on parents' discipline.

my ultrasound on Sat also v clear. Could see the umbilical cord so clearly - one thin string.
happy.gif

icylemon - i think your mum is thinking she cannot cope with two kids... but you are saying that the older one will be at child care is it?

maybe get your dad to help out? or parents in law to take care for half the week?

<font color="ff0000">jess</font>,
i didnt eat much crab during my 1st pregnancy, only 1 or 2 pieces. but i think my girl now is very "heng xing bao dao" le. kekeke...

<font color="aa00aa">jasminetea</font>,
ya lor. is very amazing hor.

ya. i think if is a boy most happy person will be our FIL or MIL.

Hi icylemon,

Yes, agreed. Think ur mum cant cope with 2 kids. I m planning to hire a maid for my mum too. Any mummies know any maid agency's maids are high trained and good ?

dimpletot,
ya i will be sending my elder one to child care by then.

she did mentioned tat she scared she cannot cope. but this few days my mum has been throwing temper. said she very xing ku. tie up at home. cannot go out. rather work then taking care of baby.

i hear le very sian lor.

my MIL will not help one. since i had my girl, she nvr even bother to help at all. all she can said is she dun know how to take care of baby.

Icylemom: Is ur mum not willing 2 let the older child to go childcare cos she wans to take care of her?

my bb gal is ard ur gal's age (surprised)when my 2nd 1 pop out. My mum dun wan me 2 put her at childcare cos she wans 2 take care of her.

When is ur gal born? My is jan 07

<font color="0000ff">Hi Ladies,

Isetan is holding a little tots sale from 13 March - 5th April, there's some great buys, so if u miss the Taka one, still got tis one to look fwd to
happy.gif
</font>

shortcake,
my gal supposed to be in 16 jan 07 too. she came out earlier, 30 dec 06.

guess wat my mum's funny reason.

she said my girl got "yuan" with her &amp; my dad.

coz both my parents' zodic is horse. my daugther is dog.

then my 2nd one is rat. she said she cannot get along with rat!

OMG!! i dun know wat to say.

then she said my girl go child care will be very poor thing.

but no matter wat. i need to send her to child care mah. i cant be keeping her at home &amp; learn nothing.

Hi Janey &amp; Rei-Chen,
me will be flying off to Japan next week too..
will be about 11 weeks then..hope that all is ok..
gg to see the doc tomolo =)

Shortcake, u looking after ur girl at home urself? Well, just hang in there for a few more months and she can go playgroup and play with other people soon. My girl loves her playgroup, practically banging at the door this morning to get the teacher's attention.

Rachel's mum, not that I really believe the crab thing lah. More to pacify the older folks loh. If not, they'll probably nag my ears off. ^_^~ With MS, not much craving for crabs also. Like Jess said, it's actually a good thing the kids are active and like to explore stuff around them. We dun want them to sit around and do nothing also right.

So are you going to send ur kid to childcare then? Must time it properly so the older kid won't think that the younger one is replacing her position at home loh.

Ok, gotta go pick up my kid now. Talk to u guys later!

i think sometimes the older generation is really hard to reason with. They have their own funny ways of thinking.

I guess I'm very thankful that my parents are so keen to have a grandchild that they volunteered to look after even before I conceived. My mum is especially "onz". Think my PIL is also waiting for grandkid very eagerly. But both of them working and might not retire so soon. I told my mum she can work out 'shifts' with my MIL when she retires. Which might be in 1-2 yrs time.

rei-chan,
ya me too. those old folks nagging really can drive me up the wall.

when ever i have some cold drinks, my mum will nag &amp; nag non stop. esp when that time, my elder one has colic during her 2 mths old - 3 mths old. my mum blames me for tat. she said that is becoz when i had my elder one, i kept drinking cold drinks.

Back