(2008/09) Sep 2008

limay : medela have bpa bottles? if yes i must be blind. was searching for it this weekend but could'nt find.

I also very envy of mummies expecting their next baby. but till now still no luck. when i wan dun have . when i did'nt even think of it. lovelle pop -_-"

Bigtoes :
Ya hope to have one soon, but no luck leh...sigh ...Hubby was either out of the town at the "critical period " or we are too tired
sad.gif

Mamyvelle :
I changed to Pigeon BPA bottles some time back though Alston is still using Avent bottles now. He was not used to the pigeon teat at first and was drinking very slow cos i tink for pigeon teat, bb needs to suckle more in order for the milk to flow out, so I cut the teat to make it wider even though i bot the biggest teat hole. Alston seems to have prob sucking on it and was drinking very slow. He was ok after a few more attempt. I guess he's used to wider teat holes cos i oso cut Avent teat previously.

Chewy, just PM-ed u on my short comment on CL
:p

DISCIPLINE
Hey mummies!! Do u all start experiencing mischief of ur kids, esp BOYS?!
Lately, my IFC teachers told me Ethan like to bully girls in school. It started off biting their hands, and then pulling their hairs!!!
They tried to discipline him but telling him sternly CANNOT.

I was ‘AMAZED’ over it cos Ethan never ‘bullied’ me at home!
But over the weekend, when I brought him to my niece’s place (who is 7yrs old), Ethan started to exhibit hair-pulling behavior and I have seen it with my own eyes!
I beat his hand hard and scolded him CANNOT and gave him a stern look and yet he kept repeating this behavior again!!
:S

GOSh… he still cannot talk now so I wonder how drastic my discipline is.
Any one have the similar plight as me?

<font color="aa00aa">♥Mamyvelle♥ (mamyvelle) - yes, Medela has the bottles, but they come in one size (150ml) only. U can get them at Kiddy Palace, &amp; most other places, about $30+ for 3 bottles. Comes with yellow bottle caps. The teats are seperate, &amp; I am using pigeon ones (for 2+ months) Haha, i know, 2+ months for a 1+ year old toddler, but the size suits K best.

Millie (millie22) - So u do want no. 2! For us, we don't want another baby just yet, want to focus on Kieran for now
happy.gif

Goldfish (goldfish1395) - I think that is quite normal behavior cos they want to assert their authority? K is not at IFC yet, so i don't know how he would behave, but i know he has issues sharing toys with his cousins...not biting or hair pulling, but snatching toys away sometimes. Just persist in smacking the hand &amp; saying NO sternly? Ask the IFC staff to do the same? I think E would get it after awhile.</font>

Goldfish - Little e is not in IFC. But he also snatches toys from other babies in the estate and hit them too. My mum just complained to me last night. Then when we scold him, he hits us as well. So we hit his hand, then he starts to cry like we beat the daylights out of him.

Later when he stops crying, we'll hug him and explained gently that this act only naughty boys do and will not be loved, so if he is clever and good then we love. This got worst= he decided that naughty is what he will be.

So what i did was when he says his night prayers, i will say" thank you jesus for the great day. please guide me to be a good boy so that i will not bit nor snatch toys from another baby". Somehow this works, but its only for a day hor.

sigh. my dad keeps saying he is still young la.obviously spoiling him.

hey mommies haven't been around for ages..
am in the process of looking for childcare coz my caregiver will not be able to help me take care of EJ from next March onwards.. so got to start sourcing around soon.. headache le...

as much as i dun wan to put him in childcare so young.. dun have much a choice.. he has to go there by the time #2 is out.. so i guess its a matter of time ..

any mommies got good recommendation for childcare at bukit panjang, teck whye or CCK??

Bigtoes, ah.. sharing toys! Mine is ok at the moment bt i can 'smell' it coming in a few months' time! :S Bt good for u, Kieran still behave 'guai-guai'
happy.gif

Breadmum, can u tell me how u hit ur son's hand? I use my finger and smack his hand quite hard till it turn red, and he can still SMILE AT ME LEH! :S

Can he start to talk simple words? Mine doesn't so i wonder how much does he understand when we said cannot and exhibit a fierce face

Gosh... mamahood is getting more and more challenging

Morning Mummies:
Just tested yesterday n yes... no. 2 is on the way...

Discipline:
i will smack her hands, either front or back. but something i think she didn't feel the pain, she still can smile at me.
Sometime when i hit her, she will sayang herself or show me her hand (maybe she want me to sayang her) but normally i smack her one more time... hee hee... bad mummy.
so far after i smack for the things wrong things she done, she might not repeat again.

Hi all mummy,
would like to seek for some advice. My dd is 14months now. I am thinking of changing formula for her cos she constipated. She is on Similac for 1 yr old aft seeing her PD said change back to similac for 6 months onward but sill the same leh so i was thinking changing to other brand, any recommend? The PD said all formula are the same so dont need to change wor. Pls advice, thank you.

Cheers
Eileen

Goldfish - i use my hand and bit his palm. At first he cried, but after sometime, he think its a game, when i bit him he pouts then do the same again. So when i put on a stern face, he will cry.

the best part was the other night, after i bit his hand, he crawled away, then he sat there, hit his own head and say "pain", then hit his own hand , imitating me. So funny.

yes, little e can say simple words already. i do think they only understand temporarily.Afterall , like my dad says, they can hardly understand. i think they are in their absorption phase so monkey see monkey do.

Jasmine: congrats! =) hope you get a boy boy

Eileen: can try Mamil Gold Step 3, they added Immunofortis to promote healthy guts and also help to soften stool.

Any mummies, babies keeps putting his head on the bed and try to grap his leg upside down? its a dangerous stunt and i dont dare stop him in case i hurt him accidentally.

its almost like a head stand.

Jasmine ,
congrats ...
happy.gif

so how many mummies actually preggy nw and who is the next to pop ?? Gunibb u next on the list right ?? then jeraldin, annteo followed by goldfish , myself , dsepkon mummy .. keke .. have i missed out anyone .. bo liao nw .. counting down to who si popping next .. haha ..

<font color="aa00aa">Wah! Congrats to all the preggy mommies...making me more &amp; more envious
happy.gif

breadmum (breadmum) - Yes, they can understand when we scold them/explain to them already! Just that they choose to ignore or pretend to not remember, so have to tell them again &amp; again. K is generally ok with the don't touch, don't tear type of instructions, but not the 'share toys' type, or don't-take-things-out-of-the-fridge-whenever-i-open-it type instructions!

Play dates in Dec:
I am on leave from 8th Dec-7th Jan &amp; gonna be a SAHM then. Hubby's leave only starts from 18h Dec, so it would be just K &amp; myself from 8-17th Dec. Are there any SAHMs that are keen to catch up on weekdays btwn 8-17th Dec - maybe a group thing with babies for coffee/catch up, or go by someone's place for play dates for the babies? Else i don't know what to do at home with K for so many days! PM me to arrange?</font>

em... think i am too misleading...
am not preggy now.. chewy_ring.. haha

wat I meant was even if EJ don't go CC now... by the time i have no2 he still have .... i dun have no 2 now.. hahaha

so sorry for the misleading info.. haha but seriously i need advice on childcare.. .especially in bt panjang and cck area...

Eileen: the product recall was last year and it was a voluntary recall, just to be on the safe side. My boy has been taking this and so far no problem with poo-ing. =)

chew-ring: there are 2 more mummies who are popping before me, but not sure if they want to announce it here, so I shall not reveal. ;)

Eileen,
Alston doesn't have constipation when i switched to Gain IQ, however his stools are a bit hard compared to when he's drinking Enfagrow. So I switched back to Enfa after tat and his stools are soft again.

Bigtoes :
Tot u dun want to have #2 now, so no need envious la...hehe
Too bad I cannot join the gathering, cos i am bringing Alston to US tomorrow, but if there's any Christmas gathering after 17th Dec, do count me in hor
happy.gif

koras &amp; anne teo - correct lor. he keeps peeping through his legs and getting his pillows pulled in between the legs. Am so afraid he will break his neck.

Min did say her maid say this is bad for their backs and necks but am at wits end how to stop him. Anne - lucky mine does it only on the bed. On the floor, he keeps kissing himself when he sees his own reflection. then will get a bruise on his cheeks.

Bigtoes - 18th dec onwards am on leave. But not the dates you've mentioned. lets meet up :)

gunibabe and millie,

thanks for your recommentation. I will check it out their Iron as well i think my dd cannot take too high iron she will constipated.

Thank you very much
happy.gif

Eileen

breadmum- mine too do it only on the bed.. mine when see his ownreflection smile. dan he will try to peep behind the toys to see anyone there a not so funny.

Hi mummies,

Understand that some of you still feed your babies with HT cereal. Do you actually feed them HT cereal everyday/ morning as breakfast?

My caretaker commented that it will be too heaty leh.. iszit true?

congrates to all preggy mummies...

Tinkerbell, i using HT.. so far my boy is oki with it.. he took it with FM for his night &amp; Morning feed everyday...
happy.gif

cereal with FM... morning &amp; b4 slp...

Porridge for lunch &amp; Dinner

in between lunch &amp; dinner FM

so far (touch wood) no comstipation poo once everyday.

Tinkerbell, my gal have ht cereal every milk feed as I mix It with her milk. No constipation. She drinks plenty of water everyday.

Gunibb ,
i think i remembered .. and then i miss out one more mummy after u also ... haha ... not gg to reveal .. keke .. thnk they are just too busy to be in this forum also
happy.gif

Limay ,
any gathering after 22nd dec can count me in too .. keke .. will be back IN SIN .. haha

the weather here goes up / down . having a cough nw .. hopefully will go away

LIlboymom: looks like the cookies session was a success!!! Any sessions on weekends? SO sianz....gotta work on weekdays ley...

when is the next gathering ah?

flos
haha...december season impossible to book my function room during weekends leh...only possible for weekdays..

i dun mind another session on weekdays though!! any suggestion?

lilboymom: I love to make cookies...so sad I couldn't make it last time...
sad.gif
Function room at your condo? U mean u brought the oven to the function room?
weekdays can take childcare leave lor...hehehe!

<font color="aa00aa">annteo (annteo) - Fidgets is kinda far from my place cos i am at the North-East side. Am thinking more of a gathering at someone's place, so mommies can sit, eat &amp; chat
happy.gif

Anyways, am looking for playdates for weekdays (2nd &amp; 3rd weeks of Dec)- so if any SAHM or mommies clearing leave are free, let me know! </font>

Hi Mummies
Ryan was down w/ fever the last few days due to teething of his back tooth.
Up almost every hourly during the nite, so tiring. HIs total intake for those few days is less then 1L, Haizzzzzzzzz........
Luckly, fever broke on sat nite.

<font color="aa00aa">Ann - hugs. Hope Ryan gets well &amp; appetite returns very soon. When ever our babies are sick, the parents suffer as well
sad.gif
K also caught fever once when his molars came out - ended up with false measles. His bottom canines are erupting thru now, &amp; thankfully this is the last of the baby teeth coming out for sometime.

Playdates/catch up session -
Okie, have tentatively arranged this with Chantelle for next Wed, sometime in the morning. Venue to be decided, but should be somewhere around the North-East (Seng Kang, Bedok) area. Any other mommies keen? Dates/times are movable.
happy.gif
</font>

Hello Ann,

Total intake of milk - less than 1L? That's quite a lot actually! That is, if he's taking solids well too...

Big toes, am on leave last 2 weeks of Dec, so will not be able to join next Wed.

Anyone wants to organise any xmas gathering??

Gimmil sales
43 TAMPINES STREET 92 SINGAPORE SINGAPORE 528887
17 dec to 19 dec
9am to 9pm

am going on the 18th. anyone wants to go? we meet,buy, then eat?

<font color="aa00aa"> Playdate gathering - okie, seems like most mommies are still working next week....the few of us who can make it will most prob still catch up next Friday (11th Dec).

We can always do another one when most mommies are available - maybe have another late Dec post-Xmas meet up?
happy.gif
Think most of us are travelling/busy during the pre-Xmas period.

Teething - K's lower canines are also erupting. I think he has a strong threshold for pain thou, would just whimper abit at nite &amp; drink water to sooth the pain, but sleeps thru most of it.</font>

baby K just had his measle injection. Doc say might have fever after a week. hope he doesnt have.. recently he doesnt like to eat porrige anymore.. doesnt taste gd like other food ba haha. having a headache what to feed him.

Rachel Lim (rac_lim) I am ok with lunch tomorrow too!!! just happen to be in office tml!!! lucky le... haha
anyway in case the lunch is confirmed and i didn't revert please sms me k? =)

Back