(2008/09) Sep 2008

<font color="aa00aa">breadmum (breadmum) - The wound is superficial cos our dog is just a Maltese. It was bleeding abit yesterday though, and it is still fresh.
sad.gif
We are applying 2 types of antibiotics &amp; hopefully we can still make it to the Sat gathering - will update by Friday
happy.gif

Goldfish (goldfish1395) - can't u just use hot water to wash all the affected beddings to get rid of the bedbugs?

On the Bali trip, I actually didn't spend much, cos I used up part of my "Perks at work" package to pay for the flights &amp; accomodation! The guided day trips are also quite cheap (like US$50-70 per head).
Anyway, its not expensive at all if you travel on budget air - plus the rooms are pretty decently priced at Furama Xclusive. I actually booked at Furama Villa &amp; Spa, but they offered to upgrade me to the Xclusive accomodation! Maybe you can try your luck also? Here is the link - http://furamaxclusive.com/ubud/ The room rates are online
happy.gif
When i booked for the in-villa dinner, they also added the flowers FOC! Excellent service, but be warned that the Villa is in Ubud which is kinda far from town (like 1 hr away).

Baby toothpaste - I have the first teeth one, but am just brushing with water for now, cos our babies don't yet know how to spit out the paste, and these are all chemicals after all.</font>

Goldfish - Touch wood.No. but one of the neighbours in my estate had it and when i was in the committee i learnt about it. Quite terrible.

Mummies coming for the gathering on 11 July. apologies, we have to cancel it as Cordelia is down with the flu bug. I wish i can host you but my hubs is working on that day and i have no help. We'll rearrange another time.:-(

Bigtoes, thanks for the link. I have saved it in my favourites and will take a look next time. Now completely moodless cos of the bedbug incident.

Hot water helps bt on the superficial level loh.

And i finally know where i got these from.... my brother just confirmed with me that my father's bed got bedbugs!!!! Gosh! I must have brought it home when i went over to my mum's place!!! And how do i persuade 2 stubborn old person to open their house for pestbusters?
sad.gif

Hi Limay,
Sorry to hear that Kieran was attacked by your pet dog. Hope he has a speedy recovery. I have a yorkie as well, as far as I knw, terriers are jealous and domineering so you have to be careful the next time u put them togetz.

Hi Goldfish,
I think you can find bed-bug spray in those "wu jin dian" but I cant confirm how effective it is. You might need to change your cupboard, bedframe and mattress after that.

Limay,
Hope K is ok and will recover soon.

Goldfish,
I think u dun get too bothered on the bb height. Alston is not very tall either as i see that many other Sept bb are taller than him. I am wondering if he will shoot up at teenage time as my eldest bro was 1.6m at Sec 1 and 1.82m now. I'm not very tall, but my hubby abt 178-179cm tall. I am also hoping Alston will be a tall guy
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Thanks mommies
happy.gif
K is okie, still taking antibiotics and putting medication on the wound, but he seeems to be walking alright! Still, quite 'sim tong' to see the wound on his tiny feet.

Cordelia - how are u feeling? I am having the flu as well!

Short babies - I think Kieran has little hope of growing tall cos both hubby &amp; me are short! He is now about 72-73cm, still ok for his age, but i bear little hope of him even reaching 1.75m. Would have to take up basket ball to stretch &amp; jump more!</font>

Bugtoes- how Kieran doing le.. hope he is recovering soon. I think Kaylen will grow tall as his dad is tall like 1.83. Think if he play basketball children sure grow tall

Goldfish - better clear the bedbug if nt when bite sure pain on baby

Hi Limay,
Thks for your concern. I am feeling better already. Think the flu bug is flying ard coz Me and colleagues are taking turns to take mc. Hope you are feeling better. Take care!
happy.gif

Hi Sep mummies!!!! Its been a loooong time sice i posted.. My last post was sooo many months ago..

Here are my updates.. Lil Q was hospitalised last month. His fever was too high. Babysitter rushed him to KK. It was a nightmare over there. Mummies, in case of emergency.. NEVER bring your babies to KK!!! My baby was inserted with drips, n wires.. when in actual fact, it was just fever!! Instead of sponging him to bring down the fever, they did so many other tests which i find irrelevant, instead of treating the fever. The moment i reach the hospital... I quickly ask for a discharge.. Transferred him to ESH, n guess wat.... They didn't put him on ANY drips at all!!

Lil Q was discharged after 3 days, and doctor says that its just normal fever after all!!

Hi missy
I agreed with that.
When my ger was 3 day old, as she didn't really wake up for feeding, the doc at polyclinic say it might be better to go KKH for a check up.
When we reached KKH, after some check up, get her admit, drew blood for all test, but because of all the taking temperature n blood pressure, kept her waking up, end up she is well fed, this end up KKH forcus on her jaudice, and she is still being held there, everyday drew blood for jaudice test, so heart pain. end up, the moment they say her jaudice level went down, cab be discharge, 1st thing i do, is to change her, packed her thing and left.
another time my ger had high fever, as it was weekend, and she was vomitting all her feeding out, i had no choice but bring my ger to KK A&amp;E, they got her urine test, say got it might got infection, get her to admit.
Lucky after her admit, her fever went down, no need to be on drip but they still need to draw blood for test, get another urine for another test. after 2 days, all her report turn out to be ok, once they confirm my ger can get discharge, i faster bring her home.
sometime, can't blamed then, specially now with H1N1, even we didn't go oversea, but we never know those ppl around us get contact with all those ppl a not, so they are just doing their job, specially bb can't tell us what problems they have.
I tried my best not to go KKH for any problem, but sometime, really no choice.

Mummies
I m back, after a long battle wif bedbugs
Btw, I wanan to stop breastpumping liao
Wat is the best and effective way to stop huh? I try to reduce pumping time bt not effective loh

Missy,
KK staff are always on the super safe side. My bb was poke here and there then and they dun even wish to discharge him till we fight hard for it.

Goldfish
The best and effective way is during every pump, express/pump out half instead of full pump, recommand by DOC.
U can try.

koras
Ryan still sleeping in his playpen, luckly i brought the largest size playpen in the mkt cos he is now 77cm in lenght.

Mrs_seng- I bought the small ones. now letting him sleep on the bed with me while his dad sleep on the floor. but kind of worried when during his nap time and once he wake up he will try to sit up and crawl around the bed

Hello mummies,

Sorry to interrupt.

As our babies are born in the year of rat, believe many will be celebrating their 1st yr bday using mickey &amp; minnie mouse theme.

I am looking for minnie mouse topper, anyone can lent me or sell me cheaply.I need it by Oct 2009
Pls Pm me.

goldfish

u have bedugs problem?? My babysitter currently has dat problem too. So far they never bite on my boy. But my husband do sleep over at their hse on weekends when we find it too tiring to bring him home, and really its sooooo difficult when u r bitten all over! Also, we r very worried if sum of the bugs may b hiding in our clothes and we bring them home!! How do u handle the bugs??? Need to know desperately before they start sucling my baby's blood!! ;p

Koras
Same here, Ryan used to sleep w/ me on bed n his dad sleep on floor, but kind of worry like u once he wake up he will try sit up and crawl around the bed w/o my notice n fall so switch him to his playpen once he can sit up n crawl.
U can try by letting ur bb fall asleep on ur bed first, then carry him to his bed. Repeat every night then bb will get use to it.
Better play safe then sorry.

Missy,
My bedbugs prob seems to be 'over' for the time being. We bot the BEDBUG SPRAY from Home Fix DIY shop and spray the whole beg. Ever since then, i never see bedbugs at all, even at 3am when i do spotcheck wif my torchlight. But i am still skeptical cos i heard tat spraying only kills the bug, not their egg. Once their laid eggs hatched, bedbugs will start appearing again. So i have a 'window-period' of ard 2 weeks before probably the whole cycle starts again?
:S

Bedbugs bites are harmless from wat i gathered from the net. It is just plain gross when i watch youtube on how they suck the blood out of our body. Majiam blood buffet liddat :S

Like wat xuanting says, wash ur clothes in hot water. In this way, you will not only kill the bedbug, and also any eggs.

There is no solution actually....any chance to get ur babyseater to remove the bedbug issue in her house? If not, u will be forever living in the fear thta u are importing bedbugs in ur house lo :S

In the meantime, keep a close eye on any brownish residue ard ur bed. That will be a impt clue on bedbug presence...

<font color="aa00aa">Hi mommies - I have a neck float to sell - this is in L size and in orange color. Kieran used it a couple of times &amp; has since be using a regular float. Will post photos of the float &amp; pricing later
happy.gif
Pls PM me if you are keen.

Meanwhile, we brought K for the baby crawling contest at expo (organized by CATS - the straits time classifieds) yesterday - and he won a trophy
happy.gif
Photos in Facebook.</font>

Good morning mummies.

Big toes, saw the photos. He's so funny, "snatching" the trophy from the other baby! Hope his wound had already recovered!

Just weigh Kydric on Sat, he's only 7.8kg! I wonder how he'll hit 3 times of his birth weight by age of 1!... tough...

Hi Rachel,

Same concern... Baby M is only hovering slightly above 8kg for the past two months !.... His birthday is mid of next month...

He does eat well just not drinking enuff milk .... I console myself he is just high metalbolism like his dad.. hahaha

<font color="aa00aa">Rachel Lim (rac_lim) - thanks
happy.gif
Yes, he snatched the gold trophy from the other baby like 3 times...i think i am going to have a tough time teaching K to share next time!!
On his wound on the leg - u can actually still see it in one of my facebook photos....hopefully he won't get bitten by KooKie again
sad.gif

Weight - K is now 10kg, vs. birth weight of less than 3kg. Am not sure how he got so chubby cos he was TBF till 6 months, and on BM till 10 months..and BF babies are suppose to be leaner! Am not worried he will remain chubby though, cos babies all lose their chubbiness when by toddlerhood. Anyway, don't have to be too concerned if our babies are under/overweight i think - as long as they are growing well
happy.gif
</font>

Hello jojobar, yeh yeh... mine was already 7.2kg when he's 4.5 months. From then on till now, which is 5 months already, he only gained 0.6kg! Ai yo... But yes, I guess I shouldnt be too concern too since he eats pretty well.
happy.gif

Bigtoes, didnt see that pic leh.. was it in the Misc 10months folder? Kydric's birth weight was 3.395kg leh, definitely can't hit 10.2kg. Will be happy if he gets past 9kg!!! hahaha...

<font color="aa00aa">Rachel Lim (rac_lim) - yes, its the photo i took with him and his prizes
happy.gif
Can see some black bits (dried blood) on the sole of his feet! He was clueless that KooKie bit him though, cos he was being passed between my MIL and FIL when KooKie jumped up and bit him on the leg.

Meanwhile, i would be happy if K was lighter - can really feel his weight when we carry him now
sad.gif
</font>

goldfish

I've already called d pestbuster. They came to d house to disinfect alrdy. Paid about $171++, cos its a 2-rm flat.. Considered quite ok. My colleague who has the same prblm paid about $300++ for her 4-rm flat. Going to keep my fingers cross n hope the pestbuster works..

Baby's weight
Mummies, i think we shouldnt worry so much abt baby's weight.. As long as they are growing well, it should b ok..

baby's 1st year
Mummies, any of you thinking ofholding your baby's 1st yr bday outside of home? Im trying to think of other places besides my house to hold d party, but don't know where to.. Any mummies with suggestions?

<font color="aa00aa">Angeline Goh (angeg) - hehe, thanks for pointing out his photo
happy.gif
Think they would show a photo of him sleeping in the Straits Times tomorrow too...cos he dozed off and missed his session (had to swap his slot 2X), and the photographer was clicking away at sleeping baby Kieran!

Rachel Lim (rac_lim) - Yes, he cried quite abit cos the wound was quite bad
sad.gif
Just that he wasn't looking &amp; didn't know what happened!</font>

Hi mummies,

I was in this thread and aug 08 thread before I gave birth to Baby Jayden in Sept 7th. Didn't come in as often as I'm super busy my 3 boys. But have always been a silent reader when I'm here. Hope i'm welcome to join. (",)

Wanted to ask how are all of you celebrating your child's 1st birthday???

Goldish / Missy,
Just want to check will the bites from bedbugs itch? how do they look like?

Bigtoes,
Congrats on the contest!! When did K start to crawl? On his knees now already? My boy still can't crawl, only dragging himself and spinning around and he only weigh slightly over 8kg. He look so small, I don't think he'll be able to walk when he's one. Maybe around the same time as his 2 kor kors at 15mth+

Hi Kel

Welcome !

We seem to be in the same situation.. My boy is only slightly above 8kg ! He started out dragging himself and spinning at about 8 months... Then I send him to Gymboree... Sort of inspire
happy.gif
now he is crawling well and crusing... But not yet walking....

For the first birthday ? I am organizing a birthday bash for my son
happy.gif
I am a kiasu mummy so everything like deco, catering, cakes, cupcakes, gift packs, rental of ball pits are all done
happy.gif
Now just waiting for the day to come
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Angeline Goh (angeg) - hehe, yah...updated on FB when you posted the link
happy.gif

breadmum (breadmum) - K's wound has healed, but there is still some dried blood....as for me, i am still having the flu - its been ongoing for 1+ week already! Sian
sad.gif

kel (optimus_ke) - Hi!! Wow, you have 3 boys
happy.gif
I can only imagine how busy you must be! Are u working as well? Kieran started crawling quite early - at about 6 months, so he has had 4 months of practice! He can walk pretty well with hand holding now, and is also walking unaided (a couple of steps only) but still quite unsteady, so we are only allowing him to walk on his own in the padded playyard area.

Jojobar (mummychanel)- wow, that is very efficient! I have only ordered K's customized cake, but haven't decide on the restaurant for the Bday lunch.</font>

kel (optimus_ke)- welcome kel. 3 boys is a handful. mine too have not started crawling so don't worry as they will show signs of it. Yesterday, my little one started to twist his leg back an forth, looks like in the next few days i expect he will be on all fours. Its all about self confidence.

Yup agree with jojobat, that some form of peer pressure will help them as well.

Jojobar - u are a super efficient mum. I've not even ordered the cake yet. i just cannot decide what to order and where. Bday lunch venue : its between Jumbo or Four Seasons Jinag nan chun.

Bigtoes - glad to hear he is healing well. U must drink loads of water and rest. Also the hazy weather does not help. Wonder if Cordelia is better cause her hubs, baby evan and herself are all down, so we had to cancel the gathering.

Hi Breadmum,

I am kiasu loh... Cos i foreseen i will be busy in July and august, hence i wanted to finalize as much as possible. In actual fact, i enjoy the process of organising the party ...

Hey, do pop by if you are at home on 16th Aug
happy.gif
It is a tea time party. Bring your little one to join in the ball pit funs
happy.gif

Hi ladies, me long time never post here liao. Got lobang to intro u.

AQUADUCK baby swimming trial:

Hello, anyone interested to go to Aquaduck FOC trial swimming session this Saturday, 11am? Venue is at Portsdown Road, n it is heated pool. We have 3 more vacancies. Only downside is that they dun have shower facility n onli have open shower.

Aquaduck trial, 18 Jul, Sat, 11am, Portsdown Road:
1)
2)
3)

It is very hard to get a trial session with Aquaduck. So if u r interested, do join in.

This is a real swimming course, 1 parent will be in the pool together with the parent.

Hi ypg,

I took my daughter for the FOC trial class with Aquaducks at Portsdown Road last Sun (12 July). She really enjoyed it. We will sign her on with the class every Sun morning. I have been waiting for a long time to get a weekend slot.

Really hope your baby enjoys her trial as much as my baby did!!

Hello Mummies, I am looking for these BIG flower headband for my princess birthday. Anyone know where I can get one aside from Mothercare? They are selling at $29 but my budget is $10 only.
2700140.jpg
2700141.jpg

Back