(2008/09) Sep 2008

Hello mommies!
Long time no post! I had no computer till recently.

Will be starting work again in Feb and am looking forward to it, as will be quite interesting and exciting I think! It also lets me work from home so that's great!

thanks gunibabe n lilboymum, i so sua koo - living it my parent's era where passports need to be tagged!

gunibabe, you mentioned the torn skin at the aerola, I just had it today! is it caused by bb or the pump? alamak, i put a small plaster and now dun latch bb to that side cos i scared he get the infected area...
any other methods to let it heal faster?!

re: Nepia
I bought nepia when there is promo at NTUC, i find the cutting bigger than MP, really absorbent. So i use MP/ NEPIA/ PAMPERS ACTIVE for nights, pet pet / huggies dry for day.
Did anyone order from nepia direct? is it cheaper if you order direct?

wingkei,
we will all give you the moral support you require. another suggestion, why don't you keep a record of remarks made by hubby and when you can find a suitable time, go through the situations? i find men like facts, so if you have a list of facts, they themselves will be shocked that they are sometimes such a mindless anminal
2079510.gif
i find it useful to walk away from confrontation and when parties are more cooled down, work out the differnces. worked for in both professionally and personally.

ypg,

i stay bedok. you want to buy fitti M size? i got 3 packets to get rid ... 3 packets for $35. bought at $39.90.

my girl's bum is sensitive so just let her take pampers.

<font color="0077aa">Blingbling: That's really some great news! Turns out to be a blessing!! Happy for you!

LC &amp; limay: I usually pump at 1plus &amp; 5pm. Today didn't go to work &amp; pump at home &amp; ss was pathetic, only 60ml! I wonder why? Yday at office I could pump around 200ml! Could it be I too stress at home? Gosh!

Hi wingkei, good that you are continuing with the counselling! Can I ask how old are you &amp; your husband? It could be that your hubby is alot older that's why he is so "dan nan ren" towards you?

Alabone: Poor thing!! Three fall sick at the same time! You must be so tired now!! hugz!</font>

xuanting

for passport collection,u have to wait for the pink slip..they wun call u..guess now bz period for them so have to wait longer..

Sasa.. yah lor yah lor.. me busying open and close mail box everyday..but feel very satisfied horrrr.
Me not only buy from BP, I joined oversea thread too.. u can go to see see look look. If u like GAP or POLO RALPH.. there is always on discount.

Jasmine,

I buy Similac Stage 1 (from birth to 6 mths) at $39.50. Dunno if this is the increased price or not. I may not continue with Similac Stage 2 if my daughter is getting too big. My niece also drink Similac, now overweight.

Green_baby,

Paiseh, I already bought the Mammy Poko S size, only $21.45. Thanks for offering. Mammy Poko S size is about the same as Dryper M size. Hope it work better than Dryper. Use pamper very shiong right. I saw at NTUC, $26 for only 56 pcs S size.

Chantellesun,

I stay bedok north, blk 137. We got consider bedok reservoir b4 when we bought our flat 2 yrs ago. But in the end, choose the current place as we got no car so need to be near to MRT.

ACTIVE HAND: My daughter now very hypoactive with her hands. She love to put them inside her mouth and lick. My mum say just like the baby on the Mummy Poko packaging. Not only that, she like to pull up her shirt, revealing her belly button. End up we got to wear romper at night also. She will only pull up her beanspout pillow to suck it.

Is it common at this stage? She also dun like her pacifier now. Her new pacifier is licking her hand. Any of ur baby like that already?

Waving to Storeberry!!!

Mee too me too!! I tend to pump only half of the amount I get at work when I am at home.. dunnoe why too.. at work I can pump quite decent amt but when come home and pump, very pathetic, sometime 70, sometime 30ml..

diapers
i love Goon not only coz it is soft and absorbant but the free delivery. i order today and they will deliver tmr...very convenient. i hate shopping for diapers coz they take up so much space on the shopping cart...(me very ah soh..)

chantelle, ypg, green bb
so many bedok bbs here! i grew up in bedok. hahah...near the bak chor mee place...

Clarissa saying Hello to all the pretty auntie here.

2080335.jpg

CH,

Is it near to Blk 85 Feng Shan hawker centre there? 1 thing I like about my place is that I can walk to this market n Bedok centre. Eat all the good food here. Make myself fat fat. Haha...

ypg: the blue backing is the additional cushion u bought? how come the armrests are of another design?

how much is it?

I'm still tempted to grab my Peg perego high chair.

Flo,

the blue backing is the colour of the Ikea highchair, think I bought it for $35. The armrest is the same, blue colour. The white one is the tray, cost $4. The one with the colour stripe is the cushion, $9, to be put around the highchair. Maybe this cushion is new addition cause I never see this during my previous trip to Ikea. It fit nicely around the highchair. Good for my daughter as the highchair is a bit slippery. It give more support for her. I will take it off when she get bigger.

I bought Ikea highchair cause no point getting a super good highchair since our bb will sure make it very messy when they start to eat on their own. It is quite sturdy as well. How much is ur Peg Perego high chair? I spend around $50 for Ikea highchair with all accessories.

ypg, my bb is also like that. likes to pull her shirt up and whatever she can catch hold of, she will put into her mouth to suck. if there's nothing, then she will suck her fists. as for pacifier, she takes it only when she's trying to sleep. i think they are all like that around this age.

angeline goh, the pink slip – they snail mail it? i don't think i filled in my mailing add when i did the online application leh. they only asked for hp no and email add. i hope i can get it in 3 wkg days as stated in the website cos we're flying off on wed!

Sasa, ur bb oso used to stuck tongue and now not anymore!!?? reallie huh? keke.. tat is reassuring to know leh! I tink ever since the CMV virus attack on my bb, i get abit edgy when i see him behaving weirdly.. cos it could be signs of relapse of wat..

Bigtoes, erm, we dun stuck out our tongue to bb. Bt keke.. i find it cute that ur bb imitating ur PUTTT sound!!! Can demo on the CNY gathering? :p

Wingkei, i hope u will gather strength to fight for ur rights! I dun tink any woman deserve to be treated this way loh. U sounds quite a submissive woman wor which is good for MCP hubby lo :S

Yun, ur bb looks like he is 'storing' food at his cheeks!!! LOL

Stumbled onto this spree on bb hairclips!! But too bad mine is a boi!!
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/2063660.html?1231941426

Btw, seems like quite a handful of bb are oledi on semi-solid leh. I wonder how come my PD suggest tat i start after 6th mth to reduce food allergies. Is it tat 'sway' to tio?

For those we are doing brown rice, what brand u all use and how much huh? I saw a spree on brown rice - Happy Bellies. Never heard of this brand lo. Anyone got heard of this brand huh?

Goldfish,
It's actually common that PD recommend bb to start on solid food after 6mths, esp if u are breastfeeding.

Wingkei,
You have been "complaining" abt your DH for a long time, but i felt you are actually quite submissive and soft towareds ur DH. You should hv your own thinking and stand up for your own rights !!!

Storeberry,
Actually i feel that much older DH are normally very loving towards wife. I think there's one hokkien clause which says this, but of cos there's exception la.

Miow,

Thanks for the info. I try to source out from the medical hall at Bedok. See got cheaper Similac or not.

Actually I prefer the old similac package, cause it is manufactured in US, it dun make my daughter got phlegm problem. The new similac package is manufactured in Europe, my daughter eat liao, got phlegm but more regular poo. Last month, we find that Sheng Siong AMK got old similac, so my hubby bought 6 tins at 1 shot. We r kiasu parents, I guess.

Now that Stage 2 also change manufactured country, I will have to think thrice b4 I continue with Similac. Also, Similac seem to be create very ba ba (fat fat) baby.

Millie,

I agree that much older DH tend to be more loving but I always believe we can train our hubby to be loving. We need to communicate more with our DH to let them know of our needs to feel loved or pampered by them. Do I sound like psychopath? Hoohoo...

MAMY POKO: Really appreciate u ladies on suggesting the diaper brand u r using. I try out Mamy Poko for the night diaper, today morning very happy to see that it is absorbing well n my gal gal private part not red red liao. Thanks.

yun - here is my baby sumo kaylen
2081284.jpg

he just like to put his finger in to 'chew' when my hand are near him he will try to push my hand in to 'chew' on. he too like to suck his lips in and when we saw hm doing we were like laughing away.

now he just love to hold his hand in thst position and even while lying down on the playmat

ypg- lolz. now whenever my dad opens the gate, he know that he will turn his head toward the door and look at my dad..as my dad always carry him out to the corridor to look at the plants.

now i am not working eversince he was born. i cant imaging if i were to go to work how much i am going to miss him.

so many little sumos!!! sooo cuuuttteeee!!!
happy.gif

ypg: glad that clarissa's bottom is no longer red! can buy more to stock up since the promo still on!

morning mummies ,
Calamari ... cool down please .. haha ... I have bad ezperiences at CNY walk In too .. understand that i have to wait for my turn but bcos i have a 19th mth walking and curious about evrything, walking into the space in front of where she need to take the shots accidently ... she just shouted " whose child is this ? Can someone take him away " I was pretty angry cos my son wasnt even touching her things nor doing anything .. she could kindly say " excuse me " to a 19th month old and i am sure my son will excuse her .. in fact all she does was " shout across the room when i am just standing beside my son... super rude ... in fact i wanted to walk away after this episode but i have already waited for 45 mins and next 2 is my turn .... so i tolerated .. and in fact i wasn her who took the photos .. think her assistant and she was kind of rushing us and impatient even if her collegue is taking my sons pic( 19th month old understanably need some time to stay in pose right ??? ... and the total time taken for both my sons shot is less than 10 mins cos she is rushing us off while her collegue take the photos ........ this is the last time i am gg to studio loft .. keke ... pay money and get really bad service ... for mummies gg for photo shot .. hmm better place is Foto - u studio ..... In fact i have taken two packages with benjamin before and he was super patient with my zac and even if one hour shot ... he actually waited when zac need to eat first before continuing with the shots... he is very very patient .. and he return all the shots to me without extra charges ....

Gunibb ,
have promo??
Also mummies taking similac stage 2, I have unopened tin .. who want to collect at my home FOC expiry next year i think ... given free .. but my son on Enfalac ..
Think i can register and get another free tin ??? haha .. total 2 free tins for mummies out there ..

Hi Shazz, right... you are the one who gave me the no for AWARE. Sorry I forgot that. Well, I never really expected him to be angry when he learnt that I went for counselling, thought maybe he would think it's a good idea too, at least reduce the conflicts between us. But I guess I was wrong. Anyway, it would seem like you are right on your analysis.

Hi ypg, your detailed reasoning does make sense. I'm not sure about the part where his mom took care not to hurt his ego while bringing him up but I know he definitely can't forget and forgive regarding my parents. I just feel that how can we move on if he doesn't forget and forgive. sigh.... But yeah, he doesn't like me to do things for my family and is very calculative towards them too, in all sense, including money. He will make sure he counts every cent with them clearly and doesn't allow me to give them extra money.
sad.gif
Yes, I am very close to my family, maybe he is jealous of that too? No, the baby was not unplanned, it was simply.. according to him, let nature take its course, even though I didn't want a baby so soon. No, he is not much better in his atitude towards baby, especially when we quarrel, then he will totally ignore baby, even when she is crying hysterically, he would not carry her or go near her and just pretend to sleep. Yes, you are right. Most of our quarrels are around our parents. Well, the thing is that he expects me to go to his parents more than once a week, but we can only go max, once to my parents', if once a fortnight, it would even be better, which is what I can't stand. He definitely would not go more than once a week, for that, I am very sure. I've already worked very hard to make sure that we can go to my parents' at least once a week.

Hi miow, go through the situations with him? Many times, his rearks keep running through my mind, making me very upset, as I can't seem to forget them, not so sure if writing them down would help though, won't it remind me of the negative? But I find that talking to you all out here helps as I'm able to forget more easily....
happy.gif
Nowadays, I also take the stand of ignoring him when he's shouting at me or something, and just walk away like you say. But he hates it and gets even angrier.
sad.gif

Hi Storeberry, yes, my HB is a lot older than me, by 7 years. Hence I guess he believes he can control me then.

Hi Goldfish, I guess I was a rather submissive woman, which I am trying to break out of now.

Hi Millie, as mentioned to Goldfish above, I am trying to do that. Have my own thinking and stand up for myself. But this is creating more conflicts between me and my HB.
sad.gif

chewy ring, sorry to hear abt your unpleasant experience at the studio. btw, who's calamari?

gunibb, where's the mamy poko promo?

Hi Koras,

R u staying at JW ? I seem like saw ur son at the playground yesterday...

Yeah... Jayden also like to suck his lips in and out...like he is chewing something..
and now he can grab my finger and put into his mouth ...

Jyaden know ow to flip liao.. he even flip while he was sleeping with his eyes closed.. very dangerous,..mummies, do take care..

Wingkei, my hubby also 7 years older than me, but he let me to decide and control all the things abt finacial,home,child.
Its really depends on indivudual, just stay strong

Yun- i am staying at buangkok keke. Omg do watch out if baby just flip over to sleep. mine still havent had the intening of flipping thou i saw him flip over twice when i put him on his tummy. recently when i tried putting he doesnt want to flip over

Chewy ring,

How? I still thought of going for the CNY Walk in tmr since I miss it the previous 2 times. My mum sure scold me if I bring my daughter there n wait super long, just to take photo.

Wingkei,

I am sure that all of us here really happy to know that u r trying to break out of being a submissive woman. It is difficult but u can certainly do it. Cause many women b4 our times manage to do it.

They "rebel" against their hubby n work outside to earn their honest living. They "rebel" against social norm to study in school. In fact now, in developed countries, women have higher education level than man. I am sure u can definitely make it. Especially ur daughter will give u strength to do so. U certainly dun hope ur daughter to see how shabbily ur hubby treat u right.

I know u feel very frustrated n upset now. But change in ur hubby wun take place overnight. Hence, it is very important for u to stay happy. Do come to this forum, not just to "complain about ur hubby" (which I like to do so also), but share with us the joy n fun u have with ur daughter.

Xuanting/Jo,

Mamy Poko got CNY promotion. I got mine at NTUC. Dunno if other supermarket got or not. I bought my 72s S at $21.45, the usual price is displayed as $24. Dunno how true this is. For regular user of Mamy Poko, let me know if the usual price for Mamy Poko is $24. I am going to buy quite a bit at 1 shot. My own BP. Hehe...

Hi,Koras

How heavy is your boy?? So cuteeeeeeeee.. have the urge to pinch him.. :p Did your PD ask you to cut down on his feed? He flipped twice? Not assisted? Mine hor, need assistance to bring his leg over then he can flip. PD said too heavy so a bit difficult for him. haha.. But your boy is really cute. Do you suffer from tendonitis (wrist pain due to long time of carrying)?

hihi, I am still waiting for payment from the following mummies.. Kindly do so soon and inform me.. Thanks alot..

Blackberryb + BB Tristen - Confirmed
Mrs Yap + bb + Maid - Confirmed
greenbaby + bb - Confirmed
LC + bb - Confirmed
sunnysunny + Baby - Confirmed
preggie + cristian + hb
Traz + bb - Confirmed
Jas + BB
lilboymum + CY + CH + HB - Confirmed
bakingmama + bb - Confirmed
cupcakes + bb

ypg: I'm going for the shoot tml. u going with ur mum? don't tell her how long u have waited there.
My mum also think don waste money. so decide to do first then tell later. ha ha ha... anyway my mum don realy care. to her, do whatever u want since i'm the mother.

<font color="119911">koras (koras) - wow, your son is more of a sumo than mine!
happy.gif
He is so cute!

Goldfish (goldfish1395) - i have made it a point not to make the "puuttt" sound to baby K anymore...have not heard him do that recently, though he still does his 'cough cough' imitation sometimes. Read in "What to expect for the 1st year" that attention seeking babies do that cos parents would fret over them, thinking that they are really sick!

ypg (clarissasmum) - think most babies are hyperactive with their hands once they discover what they can do with them! Baby K's hands are also all over the place - pulling up his shirt, scratching himself, sucking his fingers, grabbing anything to stuff into his mouth, etc. Its pretty normal
happy.gif
</font>

LC- he is already 9kg. we have been trying to cut down his intake. last timeis 2 hr or 2 1/2 hr he want milk. we now try to drag till 3 hrs to feed him. ya i do feel my wrist ache when trying to carry him for long.

yun/koras,

Now I cant say my daughter fat fat liao. She cant compare to ur sons. Perhaps I am fat myself, I very worried that my daughter will be overweight like me. But hor, chubby n ba ba babies really very cute. Just like ur sons.

Jasmine,

Actually I told Wingkei not to be submissive to her hubby, I am guilty of being submissive to my mum in matters regarding my BB. She stay with us and she sleep with my daughter so that me n DH can have good rest, so her bonding with my daughter is very strong.

I cant defy her in matter regarding my daughter. But so far, wat she say about ways of handling my gal all proved correct hence I dun think I can argue on that.

My mum wun think it is waste of $, just that she worried my daughter will get cranky cause got to wait too long.

I got to go with her. She dun allow me to go out alone with my daughter. She bu2 fang4 xin1 cause I quite clumsy person. We supposed to go on Mon, but cancel cause my mum worry as my daughter din poo for 2 days liao.

POO
mummies, wat is the longest record tat your BB didnt poo in a week? mine didnt poo since last Fri(6days), and last nite he finally DID! it was SOOOOO sticky!

hope to hear from you if u experienced the same. thanks!

<font color="0000ff"><font color="ff0000">Yun</font>
haha.. i'm already so bz and spending so much on the BP thread. can't imagine if I were to surf the overseas thread too. Better curb my spending. haha.. tot it's the recession
happy.gif

oh btw... u stay at JW???

<font color="ff0000">ypg</font>
my bb oso.. he loves to suck his fists / fingers. and of coz his beansprout pillow. Have given him the pacifier and he took to it, but still not letting go of his hands. I gave up giving him the pacifier le :p

<font color="ff0000">Goldfish</font>
yes yes... dun worry k. My son has since stopped sticking out his tongue. Was trying to look thru his pics to dig out those with his tongue sticked out. But my portable hard-disk is taking too long :p oops.. too many fotos inside le. haha.. ended up hanging my comp</font>

hi mummies,

i stay @bedok too.. bedok north rd..
i seldom post but wld like to noe more esp bedok mums.. currently jz being a sahm..

Wow ypg,

Sounds like your mum has a part in getting you 'preggie' too???..

I am the rebellious or 'read-incessive' type. Have locked my MIL out on many occassions and she knows not to drop comments on how to handle baby now. Most of her suggestions works well with her, but are either awkward or plain not feasible to our routines, our aim of routine-ing our baby is to give me and my hubs a better life ahead, fit into out lifestyle so we never need to send her away and become 'weekend' parents.. which in turns makes us more confident.

I never allow them to bring my baby out on any occassion at all. My girl sleeps through the night from 2 mths and me and my hubs had never need to complain about a lack of rest since she is trained to eye-shut at 10-sharp, which leaves us time to continue surfing the net or watch a movie- all these only possible after i took over completely from my MIL at 1-mth. We can mostly decipher her whimpers and cries now, but my MIL just never gets it.

'Mummy's Touch' is still best, she came out of your womb, not '.... ...'s' well, you know.. i am sure you are just as good at handling your baby and the bond is just as strong if not strongER..

yun: your sumo Jayden so cute! where you get the cap?

Koras: your son like big boss!
happy.gif

Goldfish,don't worry, my son also keep stucking out his tongue last 2 weeks!the pics very cute, When I look at your son photos, I keep smiling and my colleague ask me what happen
happy.gif
but now he like to suck his lip in.

Jaymickey, OMG, I forgot ..Do it tonight ya

blackberryB: think bb will changed thier habit when they tired of it. My ger also start to suck her hand, sometime see her suck, like if she can, she will put both hand into her mouth. she will suck in her lip too like she sucking a pacifier.
when we carried her while having dinner, she will start moving her mouth like she is eating too.

Back