(2008/09) Sep 2008

Any mummies going for d photoshoot?? Im planning to bring Little Q down to d shoot on d 16th. I plan to take both d CNY n Xmas shoot..Hehehe.. Although i dun celebrate both festivals, so im 'fake angmoh' and 'fake cheena' for a day..Muahahah!!!

Vellevelle
Do u dress ur baby one at home or do u change ur baby there??

yikes! sorry about double posting ...thought the first time was not posted...so i posted again. don't know why i can't delete. grgh.

gunibabe: for the CIO method...did guniboy get MORE angry when u left him to cry it out? i tried. but he would cry EVEN more! and he works up such a sweat that i spend MORE time trying to calm him down.

qqq
haha. so u r headed for mountain home! enjoy ur tour
happy.gif
remember to bring lots of bb's medicine. the medicine in the US is not the same as in Singapore e.g. infant paracetamol and the docs are a lot more hands off so if u are an anxious mummy, better to bring ur own stuff. and the Fox sale is nothing compared to the sales u will have at the outlets on Independence Day and Boxing day so be forewarned!
happy.gif

sarah
completely understand ur frustration with e's night waking. think that they are just drinking and waking more to prime our bodies to produce more. am also super tired with J waking at 2am/4am/6am these few days. and in the day he has been sleeping for only about 40 min max after being awake about 1.5-2h. really no time to do anything...

SarahMay: sometimes he gets angry and cries and keep kicking his legs. but bad mama will just tell him firmly, it's bedtime and you're capable of going to sleep yourself. then I'll just shut the door! initially, when we did that, and when we go back into the room, he would be even more fierce and cry even louder and angry, so I've learnt not to go in and pacify him cos that'll just reinforce his decision that crying harder = getting mama's attention. So what we did is go in only when he's quiet! Either to check on him or to make sure he's ok. So far he has never cried for more than 40mins. he used to cry for max of 15mins, till a few weeks ago when we didn't know he was teething, he cried for 40mins lor, that was his record!

I personally feel that it takes time and trial and error to find out what works for your baby cos every baby is different.
happy.gif

missy : dress them go better , cause will be quite cramp if u were to keep changing there , start with CNY clothing and after CNY shoot change to Christmas . Better to bring more airy clothing for changing after the shoot cause there veri WARM !!!

Actually I also super tempted to go again de leh , but I live quite far , bedok , and hubby working cannot fetch me go.

any mummy here tried more milk plus to increase milk supply? ever since i had a blocked milk duct twice within two weeks four weeks ago, my milk supply has decreased tremedously and feeling stressed as my baby has increased in her feeds.

Vellevelle, if we do CNY setting first, then XMAS setting, do we have to bring our own clothes for XMAS setting as well? Do they provide XMAS clothes? Any idea?

<font color="0077aa">Gunibabe: My smallberry is the same as Sarah's E, the more I ignore the lounder he cries. Yah, agree that its trial &amp; error to understand how our baby is like!

Sarah: Don't feel bad about yourself that its making E waking up. Smallberry also does this sometimes, the last week, he has been waking up at 11pm (last feed 8pm), 2am, 4am, 6am &amp; I was dam* tired lo.. Thot it was due to me dreamfeeding him at 12am so decided to stop it &amp; he revert to his usual routine but still waking up at 2am, 5am then 7am. Really hope he can sleep thru longer man! If not mummy cannot tahan liao!

I am planning to go for the shoot on 12th but have to be in the afternnon cos waiting for hub to go together..

Jaymickey: I haven't received your email on your address yet.</font>

Rachel : No , they don't provide leh , got to bring de , Even though after christmas le , i purposely go buy 1 santa claus costume for her to wear to the photo taking (waste money)

WA~~~~ hehehe lett, char and janelle's on the loft's business thread! mummies take a look ^^^^^^ (buay paisei-ing hehehehe)

lc, your bb wants to share his tasty drumstick with u! haha... mine besides scratching also likes to pull my hair and grab my specs.

koras, i put my bb under the fisherprice musical gym and she's quite happy to watch the blinking lights and listen to the melodies. it keeps her entertained for 10–20mins. sometimes she gets sleepy playing with it then i'll just switch it off and let her sleep there. my baby also likes looking at her own reflection so i sometimes let her sit on my lap with a mirror in front of us. i'm trying to get a 2nd hand bumbo seat now cos she seems to prefer sitting up to lying down.

cny shoots
will prolly go but my baby hasn't any cheongsam type outfits. must go look and see what she can wear that might be cny-ish. otherwise may not go.

playmat
what's a good brand to get?

sarahmay, could e be over stimulated? u didn't use to have this problem with him not sleeping well at night right? mine will fidget and keep rubbing her face when she's sleepy so whenever i see her do that, i will place her bean pillow on her chest and tuck a soft toy/blanket against her cheek and she usually dozes off gradually. agree with gunibabe that every bb is different.

signalling for hug
haven't noticed any signals from my bb but she sure knows how to turn towards whoever it is she wants attention from (she's usu between dh and i) and yell for attention. i hope she won't become one of those screaming kids.

koras, curious... how do u pray to the bed god?

xuanting- ok for them to see the light keep blinking as i heard isnt good for their eyes to keep seeing blinking light. that y i uses a cloth to cover it. but sometime the cloth came out a bit K see the light he so happy. recently he keep talking to himself. even when we play with him he tend to respond more
for praying of bed god- go to those shop selling joss stick, just tell them you want to pray to bed god they will sell you the paper.N buy a packet of rice (mixed rice or chicken rice up to you). put the rice and the paper beside the bed then say somthing like hope that bedgod will protect (child name) to sleep longer and safe.Leave there for 1/2 hr then carry the child , HB take the rice+paper hold the child hand like as if praying and say thank you bed god for protecting (childname) and let him sleep longer. if not sure you can ask the man they will teach you how to pray

angeline &amp; millie,
i'm intending to go for the cny walk-in on 12th at 10-ish too. that's the earliest i can make it after sending my FB to her childcare. but i cannot recognise u ladies...

Hi Flos - Sorry missed your post.. how to keep sterile like that? Er for me, my helper brings 4 bottles and 4 packets of FBM. Sometimes she will pour boiling hot water over the bottles in case an additional bottle is needed.

How are you and Lanolin coping with work?? For me, the person covering me seems to be in no hurry to hand-over
happy.gif
Also, obtained boss' approval to extend my ML so it is 20 working days (instead of calendar days when 4th month taken consecutively) which I will take from this Fri onwards. He also asked that I return to work once/ twice a week.. I'm ok with that as my priority is to ensure MS does not drop! Also calculated that after returning to work twice a week or taking 20 working days leave, baby would be 6 mths, i.e. should be weaning off BM!
happy.gif
Means I can sleep better, be more alert at work and stop 3 hrly pumps at work! (I can only stretch to 5.5 hrs at night)

<font color="119911">Fenugreek</font> - My colleague told me that we need to eat at least 6 capsules a day to be effective! Read up on it and it is true, though the bottle says 2 a day. Check these sites out:
http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupply/fenugreek.html
http://www.breastfeeding.com/all_about/fenugreek/all_about_fenugreek_dosage.html
Discussion on fenugreek - http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/652480.html?1225352020

Also, my colleague shared that she bought bottles online from GNC US coz it is much cheaper..
http://www.gnc.com/sm-natures-fingerprint-fenugreek--pi-2138492.html

Fyi!!!
happy.gif

Angeline,
Ok will meet u at the studio on 12 Jan. I should be there around 10-11 am.

VelleVelle/Rachel,
Are u joining me n Angeline ?

Missy,
I intend to change bb there. I think it's ok la unless ur bb has too many suits to change. I also changed Alston there at the previous X'mas shooting

Flos,
I think it's ok to feed bb wif water , prob 20ml a day if he's being FM most of the time as FM is heaty and may cause constipation. But for my case as i'm feeding Alston BM most of the time, i dun give him water as i think BM is already very diluted, so no need to give water liao as it may decrease the nutritional value of BM and he will be hungry more easily.

Springz,
The lactation consultant at GlenE told me need to take 3 capsules of Fenugreek 3 times daily to be effective. But for me, i think my supply doesn't really increase a lot , but i guess it still helps a little.

Started work on monday and my milk supply has decreased as i express it in our server room. so freezing cold, shrank my boobs as well :p

I think its the stress level at work. After 3.5 mths, its like first day in school. lots of new faces and things have changed and so has my portfolio - it has grown top big, and i had just reach home. So tired and ampumping as i type.

Now i only see little e alseep at night and send him to my dad asleep in the morning. He refuses to latch on and i hope he still know his mummy exists.And my dad refuses to do his physio exercises for him. sigh. i dont know what to say.

storeberry - apologies. its been hell since i got back at work. my intern made a mess of my desk and i had to spend time to clean it up these 2 days , then i get stuck in project meetings one after another. i will fax over to you tomorrow.

so tired. am gonna turn in now. will be posting less now :-(

BB sleeping on tummy
I realise Alston rolls over to sleep on his tummy at nite. Is this safe cos i scared he will put his head straight down on the bed and suffocate himself ? My hubby's aunt (caregiver) said it shld be ok as he places his head sideway so there's leeway for breath and now he's also capable of turning head himself.
Can experienced mummies enlighten me on this ?

breadmum: i'm also planning to express in my server room next monday when i'm back to work cos only one of my colleague and me got the access to the room. really the coldness will decrease the supply??

VelleVelle,
I'm going alone wif bb and should reach there around 10-11 am. As mentioned by Twendy, i won't be able to recognise u gals too. But if u spot any mummy wearing a black Bjorn carrier, do call me .

Angeline Goh (angeg) - I got the red dress from the BP @ $5. whereas another gold one @ $10, got it last min from the chinatown market. I think is only 1 attire per set..

Storeberry - bear with me, I will try to send out the e-mail soon.. havent been going home early this whole week...

Avent's body wash is going at $15.20 now.. Original px is $20.20... grab it at kiddy palac.. I am going to do so later..

Morning, Mummies

I am feeling down again.. due to work committment, I have not been able to bring Little J back from in laws place early so ended up ard 8plus then reach home. by then, little J is tired and less alert and dun wan much interaction with me. And, I have to do other things like bathing, having dinner etc so I ended up have to pat him to zz early. Since Monday, I realised little J will not sleep so easily after patting and will tend to open his eyes every now and then to check the environment.And, he does not seem to prefer me but prefer my MIL to pat him to sleep.
sad.gif
And last evening, cos my MIL is bathing little J when I reached her place so I din go into the room, scare wind wil go in and he might catch a flu. So, I stayed in the living hall. And when my MIL carried him out and saw me, she said " See, mummy is here but din come to see you. Mummy dun wan you liao.." Goodness! How can she say such things to baby? And, this morning when I sent him over, as I changed his diaper, he will still focus and look into my eyes. My MIL came in and sat at the other side and my boy turned to look at her, smile at her and kick in the air.. Sighz!!!

Sorry, Mummies to post this at the start of a new day but me just feel down. Need to let it out a bit! Hope you can bear with me.

Good morning!

I can only go to the shoot in the afternoon as I have a conference call to do in the morning. Mummies, where do you get your CNY costume? I tried ordering from the "CNY baby rompers" link, but they ran out of stocks for all red and blue colours!!! Any good place to find these costumes?

LC
poor thing. it must feel terrible when u think bb prefers some other cargiver than mummy. how about u try to leave work on time. when i was working, i tried my best to knock off sharp. i just tried my best to finish my stuff well and knock off so that i could go home to bb. if i had to, i would do work at home after bb had zzz. i also learnt to bathe and eat within 10 min.
happy.gif
so that i could kiss/cuddle bb as much as poss before bedtime. but u know what? now that FB is 4, he is still attached to his mama/ah ma/ah kong who looked after him while i was working but he still prefers mummy and daddy's company so dont worry. unless u are really a neglectful parent, which i dont think u are, ur bb will definitely love u and long for ur attention
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Angeline/ Millie / twendy: Will be going in the morning instead cos easier for hub, see you mummies there!

Rachel: I think jaymickey says that there is a place that sell CNY clothings at Chinatown or what Studio Loft-Maryann says that there is a place below her office that sells the clothings as well. Not sure the price though...

LC: Sometimes MIL can be so insensitive at times! But really must "see open" cos it will always happen &amp; if we are getting them to be caregiver got to close two eyes. Hugz! Don't be sad that J is giving your MIL attention but good also this means that MIL will shower him with lotas love!

You mean why J is having a wipe down you will close the bedroom door? Aiyo.. I leave it wide open! Sometimes I even forget to close the little window in my bedroom. I think should not have any prob cos there is no way to prevent wind from entering the room.

Jaymickeyt: No prob cos I thot mayb you didn't receive my PM.</font>

hi,Dseptkon and Storeberry

Yup, it feels so lousy.. I tried my best already to leave on the dot but still will be ard 7plus that we get home and little J will usually sleep for awhile and wakes up at 8pm for milk.

I know must see open and I have been doing it but it is recently that Little J suddenly become more aware of the environment and people ard him that he kind of establish a preferrence for certain people.

I realise that when I am on leave and take care of him and play with him the whole day, he is more responsive and the bonding is kind of stronger but come the next day when I send him over, he will be like ignoring me or take me as transparen when I pick him up in the evening. I wonder why he is not looking into my eyes?

Not wipe down, Storeberry. Its his second bath for the day. Usually my MIL will close the window and bedroom door cos her side is very windy..

Now, I am worried that come March, when little J starts his infant care, I will get another round of separation anxiety myself. he might too cos by then he will be even more aware of the environment.

Hi All, e-mail sent.. pls check ur mailbox..

I am still pending the email address of the followings..

Traz + bb - Confirmed
Springz + lil S + helper - Confirmed
lilboymum + CY + CH + HB - Confirmed
bakingmama + bb - Confirmed
sunnysunny + Baby - Confirmed
Xuanting + hb + bb - Confirmed
cloud + bb + hb - Confirmed
missy &amp; BB - Confirmed
preggie + cristian + hb
Jas + BB
cupcakes + bb

Pls PM me ur e-mail address soon..
Thanks..

Jaymickey, have transferred to you the $$.

Ref: 2060822351
Done @ 08 Jan 2009 09:47 AM Singapore

Pls check ya? Thanks!!

morning mummies ,
Me ... i am gg for the CNY shoot as well ... but will be in late afternoon ..cos usually bb is sleeping thruout the morning .. only 3-4 will he be more awake
happy.gif

LC, I understand how you feel. When i got home ytd, my son refused to look into my eyes also. He saw me walking in from the front door and when i called out to him, he refused to look at me. When i move to his direction, he will turn to look at the opp. and when i ask him if he is angry for not bringing him out, he will still look at the opp direction and try to control his smile. Looks like he is angry with me for not bringing him out. But after a while, he is ok. I always try to leave on the dot, so that i can spend more time with him. Usually when i'm home, MIL will not get involve with my son. She is more happy that she don't have to look after him.

Ade... I will b more hapi if my MIL dun get involve with my son when i go home.. hee hee so that i can bond with my son.

she loves to stick to my M!

Jo, you can let her know that you wan to spend quality time with M instead. If she can't get the message, bring M into your room and locked the door. I always do that when i want a one-to-one time with my son.

haiz ade... when i go home.. i faster go bathe.. etc... when i'm done.. i will ask her go rest.. i look after M... but awhile .. she stick back again... even if she dun stick.. she will "camera" at mi.. c hw to feed M etc... i feels so SICK!

i din bring M into the room leh.. my HB think not so good loh..

ytd i bou him into the room.. den once i open my room.. she ZOOM in! i so angry.. den i signal to my HB... (y she walk into our room like tat???) my HB still say mi stupid!!!! i so sad! :'(

sometimes reali feels so sad when HB dun stdby mi.. haiz... bo pianz... staying with MIL is like that... i just REN loh.. c how long i can go...

Back