(2008/09) Sep 2008

Angeline: received with thanks!
happy.gif

Lanolin: it's not me but Gunibabe with lower expenses! I would love a pair of Manalos too ... yours truly wont know how to walk in those skinny stilts!

Hi mummies,
can i ask, how long does your babies sleep each day?? Mine sloee A LOT!! He'll be awake like for 2hours, then will go back to sleep. Are ur babies sleeping dat much too..?

Missy~

Hmm, actually my girl goes back to sleep after every 1.5 hrs.. its actually rec by pd that newborns don't stay awake more than 2 hrs at a time.. a bit of power nap helps to make them less cranky!

Phewww..... Glad that at least sum1 shares whar i'm going through... Hehehhe.... I find that he sleeps better at nite when he gets his naps.. Sumtimes i try to make him stay awake a bit longer to play wif him, but he gets way too cranky, and he tends to have difficulties sleeping at night.

But bcos of his nap habits, i find it difficult to bring him out.. He'll get very cranky cos he rather stay at hme and sleep... So mummy has to stay home and shop through BPs.. Sighhh.... I've become a BP addict too...

Flos/SarahMay,
My hubby is in China most of the time, so i m thinking of joining him over there in April where it's spring season and not so cold as i'm afraid my son is not able to tahan the climate.

Mattel Sale :
Is the sale still on ? As mentioned b4, my 2 flaps of the hop and hop are missing. Can anyone help to request for the flaps if u r going there ?

Carrefour Pampers Sale :
Is there really a sale ? If yes, i m going to cheong down after work 2dae to buy more of the Size S for my son

Lanolin,
Where do u take up Pilates now ? I m hoping to attend one too so that i can slim down further

GuniBabe,
Me too. Since after giving birth, i hv no interest to buy clothes, make up, shoes,etc. Unlike last time, where i m more willing to splurge, now i do think twice when i looked at the price tags. Same like u, i am not willing to buy bigger sizes cos i am not sure if i will further slim down or bloom later...so demoralising...
I used to put on facial mask sheet on every weekend, but now i can't bother to do so though i was not working during the maternity leave.

Today is my 1st day of work and i managed to buy only 4 clothes (2 tops, 1 skirt & 1 3/4 pants)on Monday. Went into Zara a few times...though i liked their clothes , i somehow not willing to spend as i find them too ex or i look too fat in them...sigh....

From ur pic, u looked quite fab leh, unlike what u hv described. I presume u should be 51 or 52 kg rite. That should look ok on u ma...

<font color="0077aa">Missy &amp; kymkym: My boy also sleep after 1.5-2hours. Think its normal...

Kymkym: You really shopping queen!! I backside itchy so went there again but didn't buy much &amp; I regretted buying the elmo toy! the toy is dirty but cos its shrink wrap &amp; I didn't see it properly..
sad.gif

bacon&amp;egg: I was hoping to see you there! I also half-hearted wanted the jumperoo but decide against it.

Millie: I don't think we can request the flaps like that, I brought my whole skip &amp; hop to show them... If I go again, I will ask for you but chances quite slim lah..

Chewyring: I also don't know how she can fail the test but it might be a blessing in disguise that we didn't get this maid... Yah, really "ke lian" to be saddled with the loan &amp; no employer...but I don't want to take any chance. Will be going to the agency to choose maid again &amp; might be getting transfer maid. Will see how..</font>

l'l CY^^l'l CH (lilboymum): I know what you mean! After you shared about the GD cards, I was tempted but it's so exp even for the "replicas" so I will put that on hold and make my own first. An angel gave me some materials to print out, so I shall try that out first. GD is only good if I'm around to spend time to nurture him. Since I'm busy most of the time, and only have time for his last feed by the time I'm home from work.

Flos, Lanolin, storeberry: I used to have a monthly budget of $200 for cosmetics &amp; skincare and $300 for clothes and shoes, and sometimes I'll spend more if there are sales etc or a big item like a nice bag or jewellery. But since having a baby, I no longer have as much time to doll myself up, just make do with my routine makeup and whatever preggie clothes I can fit in. During pregnancy, I bought size L or XL of the normal clothes, so those are handy now that I can't fit into my smaller clothes. Now I'm only buying things for my boy, and I dun buy expensive stuff for him, so my expenses is much lower now.
happy.gif
putting the money into his education and insurance funds instead. I still love shoes and bags though, but I buy cheap shoes lah, no Manolos for me, at most it's Pedder Red or Aldo. My feet is weird, when I wear Pradas and Guccis, they get blisters like no body's business! Sigh

Lanolin: I love BV too, get one to reward yourself for staying home for so long! keke

Flos: you can always buy toys that can be fixed on the high chair instead of having those that are fixed. It's better that way cos sometimes the child will be bored with the same toy, and you may dread having to clean the toy after every mth, especially when they start feeding themself! Oops, MNG sale starting tom! you can go and buy more work clothes. I'm skipping it cos I'm in between sizes and I hate to fight with the SYT (sweet young thing) crowd! Chanel bag? If it's a classic, just go for it! Seasonal stuff, ask yourself, 5 years down the road will I regret buying it?

Angeline &amp; Jo_jo: thanks so much for info on the BB hyperstore sale. Did not have time to pop by. Will do so this weekend if I'm free.

Millie: you're spot on about my current weight! I was 44/45kg pre-preggie! I didnt buy any more work clothes, just keep wearing dresses and those few tops and bottoms I kept wearing during pregnancy.

<font color="0077aa">Gunibabe: The sale is for Baby hypermart? Is it still on? I couldn't find any info of the sale on the web, no newspaper also..</font>

GuniBabe,
Haha...then u shld look q ok ma....maybe u are too skinny previously ??

I am oso thinking of buying dresses or skirts as they are more flattering than pants.

Hi Flo,

WHich carrefour you went to har ? Cos the one in Suntec does not have the pamper promotion you mention leh...their Pamper are two pack of (M/L/XL) in a box for $43.90. The M size consist of 33 peices only...

kymkym,
it's ok.

if bb is drooling lots, tt's another sign of teething. usu they start drooling 2 mths b4 you actually see teeth.

the party is this sat????

it pays to be a premature bb. i saw this santarina costume at buikd a bear n it fits cade just nice. so bought for her. my mum making the same one for nat. later i take pic and show you guys.

<font color="0000ff">Bacon &amp; Egg
no wor.. not going leh...
sad.gif

Storeberry
haha.. this is not tempting. It's called sharing good deals!!!

Mattel Sale
My itchy backside too.. haha.. I JUST went there.. dun go there le. waste my time. Nothing much there that caught my eye, hehe (mayb coz I already bot watever I wanted to buy last week).

No more Hop N Pop and Royal Potty le... Jumperoo still got a few...
happy.gif
dun think i will ever go there again, until the next sale.. muahahaha</font>

addiction to BP: so many addicts here! haha ... we can set up BP annonymous liao! haha

teething: my boy is also drooling alot and eating his fists, so much that he'll wet his clothes or mine! the teething toys I got him are of no use cos he cant grab them well yet and he prefers his fists! So I got him a Combi choc teether, with cloth covering, and it's easier for him to grab it! check out the pictures on my FB
happy.gif

Gunibabe
Saw s choc teether too.. Very nice, looks like they munchung on chocolates.. Hehehhe.. My baby refuses d teether toys i bought for him too.

<font color="119911">Sri – get one of those baby scissors to cut ur gal's nails. Much easier than using the baby nail clippers. I was afraid of cutting K's nails initially, but now I have no problems cutting them very short with the baby scissors when I am nursing. I also clean his ear wax when I am nursing (very itchy hands, usually do his ear/nails inspection when I am BFing).
happy.gif

Weight/height scale for babies:
Does anyone have an online site for weight/height (length) scale for babies? The scale in the booklet given by the hospitals is not granular enough for babies. Kieran is about 7kg at 13 weeks and I am wondering how soon before my fatboy reaches 100th percentile!

Meanwhile, we went for dinner at Jewel Box at Mt Faber – their food has improved since the last time, but portions are tiny! Quite a nice place for a romantic dinner though – and we left K at my MILs – his 1st night away from mommy! Hubby was glad to get a good nite's rest, but I actually missed him, plus ended up engorged cos the PIS couldn’t clear the milk as best as suckling can….!
sad.gif

isabelle (isa_belle) – seems like all the mommies in the forum bought the jumperoo! I am so tempted to get it too, but we seriously have no space to store so many stuff – plus worried that K might not like it, then we would end up with another white elephant. He is not even using his FP rocker/swing much now.

Talking about laughing out loud, K did that on Sunday, not the usual laugh, but the loud "ha ha ha ha" type repeatedly, so cute, yet weird!

bacon&amp;egg (baconegg) – we were talking about solids earlier in the forum. I will most probably wait till K's 6th month and continue on TBF for now, unless he shows signs of needing to start earlier.

Swim suits – where is a good place to get swimming suits? I am looking for funky 1 piece types – we have started bringing K down to swim every weekend, but I have nothing to wear but bikinis!
Also, went around looking for Huggies swim pants (used up their samples), but don’t seem to find them in the supermarkets – so if anyone came across the swimpants, let me know!

Exercise – I vowed to start exercising like 2 weeks after delivery, but have yet to start! Horrible!
sad.gif

Flos (flos) – hah, okie, my BM tasted weird. Like sweet/oily-ish taste. Was thinking to myself, poor Kieran, he has only tasted mommy's BM in his entire life, so he thinks its yummy and doesn’t know what he is missing! Hehe….

missy (missus) – I wish K was like your baby! He is practically like an adult now, doesn’t think he needs to sleep much during the day! Today is slightly better, but most days I think he makes do with 2-3 hours of sleep in the day.</font>

<font color="119911">Jasmine Yeo (jasyeo80) – hehe, K is also playing with saliva nowadays. Here is a photo of Drool Boy!
happy.gif
</font>
1964172.jpg

<font color="ff0000">Xmas Gathering:
kao_cheers.gif

Date &amp; Time: Sat, 13th Dec, 5pm
Venue: Bigtoes &amp; Dracwy's place @Seng Kang.
Food: Kriston - http://www.kriston.com/index.htm (Buffet Menu A)

Gift exchange: if you have not already bought it, please remember to be on the lookout for a gift (cap at $15) and we will do a random draw to exchange gifts on that day.

alabone (alabone) – Yes, the party is THIS SAT!!!

Millie (millie22) – Yes, should be okie to squeeze you in for the gathering since sunnysunny (sunnysunny)'s hubby dropped out. I have sent you a PM!

Mommies, remember to dress up your little ones if you can! See you then!!</font>

Bigtoes
I think Toys R Us do sell d huggies swim diapers, n Kiddy Palace sells baby swimming trunks that has a lining in them similar to training pants.

Xmas Gathering
Mommies pls post some of d pics here.. I dun have FB account..
sad.gif

bigtoes,
i see the swimpants from huggies all the time at the cold storage at cwp. if you want, i can get for you and bring on sat.

gunibabe,
yeah, will take pic then post on fb tonight. she looks like a boy trying to cross dress as a girl though... so sad.

xinying,
yeah. in this case, it does have its benefits. but seems like it's a tad bit tight for her leh. i can't velcro the back. might have a make a replica of it so that it'll be more comfy for her.

sleeping through:
cade can now sleep through for like 12 hours straight without milk. it's been so long since i had decent sleep. so so glad. but her timing is like all weird coz she doesn't have normal sleeping hours like the rest of your bbs. like there was one night, she didn't want to sleep until 430am. then slept all the way until 2pm the next day. no matter how her siblings yelled and screamed, she slept through...

Bigtoes
I saw the Huggies disposable swimpants sold at Toys R' Us (forum) &amp; Taka baby dept. You can also buy the washable swim trunks &amp; boardshorts from MotherCare. So far, only seen the branch at Vivo has it though.

Devon's just like K.. hardly sleeps in the day at all. I am lucky if he even takes a 30min uninterrupted nap. I spend most of the time entertaining him.

hi ladies,

read abt the mattel warehouse sale u shopping queens chiong to. anyone knows if the sale will still b on if i can only make a trip there this sat? will there still b any nice toys left after so long?

Dresing up for party:
I am LOUSY at baby fashion (actually, fashion in general)...my poor girls!

Bigtoes
I have itchy fingers too...i dig for ear wax, dig between fingers for lint....etc etc...like a baboon mommy.

<font color="119911">xinying (xxinyingxx) - no worries on missing the Xmas gathering ya, there are lots of upcoming gatherings! I know there is one for CNY, but i am sure we would have another one before that!

alabone (alabone) - YES! ONLY IF IT IS CONVENIENT - CAN YOU GET THE SWIM PANTS FOR ME FROM CWP? Just one packet (12 pieces) of the 7-12kg size please! Then Kieran can go swimming on Sunday!
happy.gif

ava (avalyn) - hah, baboon mommy! Oh, and i cut bits of lint tangled up in his hair as well! Very itchy fingers cos nothing much to do when I am BFing (if i don't read or watch telly).</font>

Hi hi, lil S has also been playing with her saliva lots! so Alabone, its a sign of teething??? well l just googled it and chanced upon something that might interest Flos - (maybe let a doc check it out ya?)

During the Teething process Ear infections can occur. Babies can be more susceptible to viruses and bacterial infection in their ears during Teething. The nerve center that the teeth and the ear drum share are the same. If your baby is constantly pulling on their ear this could be a sign that they are having ear symptoms.

GD - Millie, stands for Glen Doman. Previously I was anti such hothousing methods. I don't want to push/ pressure and also believe that it is 60% genetic makeup (thats y praying baby takes after daddy not me - I'm not the scholar!) But I must admit that watching videos of babies doing square roots, multiplication n differentiating parts of the brain floored me. I do not want to be KS. Not at all. But rather I am convinced that babies' brains can absorb alot more than I think! there's this blog you can read.. very hardworking mother making all the cards but pays off as her son recognises a whole host of stuff when only shown cards 2-3 times n can even remember cards shown several months ago! (of course when he started they had to do it like several times before he remembered. After a yr he could absorb new cards at 3rd time). He is not a super genius though as she candidly shares her frustration at his slowness in developing speech.. but i am impressed at the depth of how much a normal baby can absorb!! http://domaninspiredparenting.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2007-04-03T10%3A03%3A00-05%3A00&amp;max-results=2

Jojobar: It WAS at SUNTEC Carrefour that I bot those Pampers on the public holiday Haji ytd. For L, there are 38 pcs, so each carton has two packs = 76. For TWO cartons (i.e. 4 packs), the promotion price on the public holiday was indeed $59.90. Maybe the price has gone up, cos 2 weeks ago, for one carton (2 packs), it was selling for $35.90. Yesterday, only $29.95.

Gunibabe: Out of curiousity, I went to check out your pics cos I hv not met u in real person. Hey.. U do not look fat at all lah! Dun worry so much!! MNG sale tomorrow? Oops, I already bot my stuffs...anyway, MNG sales are usually very crowded. No way to bring Isaac there...

Chanel classic? I already got that one lah...just itching to buy another bag...
sad.gif
I also can't fit into those Pradas and Guccis anymore. Something wrong with my feet I think. Anyway, I prefer to wear mules cos my ankles are kinda too wide for cat heels now...

alabone: Was thinking exactly of the duo function of Build a Bear santa suit ytd at its Suntec outlet!!!! However, Isaac is too big for the suit now. He is about to upgrade to XL Pampers soon!

Bigtoes: K is drooling? Is K chewing his fists now? I'm so worried that my boy's weight will drop cos ever since he took the pneumococcal jab on Sat, he's not been very interested in his milk anymore. Keeps eating his fingers and hands...Not sure if he'd like the teether I got for him?

storeberry: u stay in the West too like sasa and bacon&amp;eggs? How come u can go back to Lok Yang so many times to change this and grab that?!! I can't imagine driving to Tuas up and down to change parts
sad.gif

The BB HYperstore sale was advertised on Sat papers. Can't rem which page. But u can always call to check
happy.gif

Sorry to hear abt your maid failing her test. MY MAID ALSO FAILED MY TEST and I sent her back to the agent last week! Why? The last straw that broke the camel's back: getting too smart. Such a breeze without the maid for the long weekend! My hubs and I went for big meals after big meals! Am now waiting for a new transfer maid I interviewed on Sun. I hope she can click with my MIL.

bacon&amp;egss: u got a maid too?

Springz: u &amp; hubs both 'gahmen' ah? Not scared of the recession?!

Millie: Shanghai is it? I rem seeing your SH photos on FB. U can make an appt to meet chewyring there this CNY!

shazz: Yo..what hv u been up to lately?!

sasa: your link on cloth books looks very very interesting...but I've other temptations, i.e my own strawberrynet prodts...just holding back my finger from clicking that mouse only!

simplylee: a lot of FP babygear prodts can tahan up to 25lbs only. U need to buy them early so as to optimse the mileage. Else, very sayang to let your bb play for a few times and cast it aside as a white elephant.

Like Bigtoes, I dun like having too many white elephants at home...I've not even installed my Evenflo Exersaucer yet and my place is already turning into a playskool...rattles everywhere...boardbooks here and there...flashcards somewhere there...find myself on my kneels all the time to read stories to my son...last nite, both my hubs and I gotta stick those TIGER BALM Ko Yoke cloths to relieve ourselves from the backaches!

Bb testing their vocals: anyone's bb squealing and laughing all the time?

Flos
My bb squeals in delight most of the time &amp; recently started laughing with sound.. no more silent laughter! When I brought him for his xmas photoshoot, he was laughing &amp; smiling.. lucky never waste my marni on the photoshoot lor... haha.

thanks, springz/ava, i pump for over 30mins each time – think that's what caused the bleeding. really can't wait to get the other breast fully functional again! thanks for your tips.

cloud, me too... i used to only be able to buy things i can touch and compare (apart from cds &amp; books) but ever since i ordered some leg warmers from a spree, i've gone on to order more stuff. and these warehouse/year-end sales that are sprouting like mushrooms aren't helping, tsk tsk!

storeberry, that is an interesting observation. i shd try more frequent but shorter sessions to see if it's true. my bb needs more fats!

Hi KymKym T (pebblez),

Pneumoccocal + Rotavirus Vac:

Bought my girl for 5 in 1 injection today and I ask the nurse on this qns too.
happy.gif

She told me that Rotavirus Vac got timing. Either on the 12 wks or latest 14 wks, anything later this no point taking the vac liao. (You might want to check with your doc
happy.gif
)

As for Pneumoccocal, she says no hurry unless going to infant care. She says can take at 2 yrs old, no prob.
happy.gif
but still up to individual lor.
happy.gif

Flos:

So you got some blank flashcards at bras basah? Are they expensive~? Do they sell dots? haha.. i think i am gonna make my own glenn doman dotty cards... kekeke..

What other books did you get?

Millie - I go to Sky Pilates at Liat Towers. You like Pilates too? I find that I am doing enough weight training but am not doing zero cardio....that's why I'm not losing weight!

shazz- opps! Sorry for the confusion!Was referring to Gunibabe.

Gunibabe / Flos / Jo Jo - U guys are tempting me!
sad.gif
The Bottega was really screaming out my name and I really like the unique colour (light blue) but these r times where spurgling 3-4K on a bag seems like such a sin! No one's job is secured and I can't say mine is either so better be safe than sorry. Having said that, the bag is still on my mind. It's a bad sign. argh.

Gunibabe - u r bery good la ... got budget and all. I've never done it but I think I should start as it is part of being a responsible parent.

hi mummies
I've been bringing char out everyday till i'm sooo tired!! I can feel the flu bug coming...now having sore throat liao..sob!! I brought Char for her xmas photoshoot today and she was smiling away..but for some wierd reason she kept sticking out her tongue too so we ended up with smiling cheeky shots. A pity I didnt have enuff time to 'zng' the santa outfit..I only did it after the shoot...sewed a white tutu skirt below the belt and bling the buckle with crystals liao!! Been a while since i did bead work so the crystals wasn't in alignment!! Tks Mei for telling me whr to get the outfit at such a reasonable price!!

Mei:Devon too? It's reassuring to hear that other babes are laughing aloud too! For a moment, I thot Isaac was over-stimulated by my book reading
happy.gif
hehe

Kym: Sorry! I missed your question abt those blank flashcards! I got those Baby Einstein flashcards** at the Borders Sale (see greenbaby's photo) and included inside are extra blank flashcards (300gsm) for parents to personalise their cards for their babies. My intention is merely to paint caricatures of Isaac's family members...I'm not an educationist and I dun major in early childhood learning like Sarahmay, so I dunno what will appeal to the right brain or left brain!! kekkeee...just anyhow 'hum tam'!

**NB: I find Baby Einstein's flashcard photos too 'abstract' for babies, e.g. green frog camouflaged by the green background, so can't really tell it's a FROG.

You can buy paper at Artfriend Bras Basah Level 3. I like the A5 size ones, something like those used for Louis Vuitton travelogues. I find A4 a bit 夸张 lor...Most of the paper Artfriend (AISLE C6) sells are 300gsm, which should meet the GD criteria bah?

Dotty stickers? I didn't see any cos I wasn't going to stick dots...However, Artfriend does sell cute stickers too. U can check them out
happy.gif
They also sell the lamination machine
happy.gif

Kym: Lil S hasn't taken her Rotavirus? It's very effective u noe. Isaac has stopped merlioning after this intake.

If u r going to developing countries like China, then better take her to take the pneumococcal...

xuanting: I still prefer to buy things that I can touch and compare. I love to go to the fitting room and be served by salespersons
happy.gif
Also like the smell of shopping malls, cafes, supermarket, bookstores, etc.

Dear Flos:

Really?! The rotavirus vaccine works that way? Scarlett is still mer-lioning, if it works on issac, i think i'll bring her to get her rota done tml..

I see I see! I though you went and bought blank cards to paint! I am planning to go to the printers and get people to cut 350pcs of 300gsm cards for me.. and yes! get the lamination machine..Lets display our work when we're done ya!!

Sunrays!~~~

Can'tttt wait to see what you have sewed on char's santa dress~~~ must be the cutest!!

alabone

tts what carine was going through last time..slep very late but zz all the way n nothing could wake her up..
happy.gif

BUDGET...
*sweat*..is that word english :p

sunrays
wow, you can make up, and sew and he can cook and decorate cakes!!! very arty family leh...my family absolutely lacking in any creative genes...

millie, springz
hmm..adding my two cents worth.

i first encountered GD method in a very negative setting. i was teaching GP and showed a video on hothousing to my students. one of them is GD (others being jap cram schools etc).but when i eventually read about his methods and research i was convinced...

i think it is important for children to be taught with age appropriate methods. between 0-3 years old, we cannot expect the children to sit down and listen to us teach them in our long winded way (we are used to). they are able to sbsorbed at lightning speed with right brain and this is what they are meant to do from 0-3 years of age...(think about it this way, bb animals main survival method is to get up and walk as soon as possible.but humans' main survival is to abosrb as much information and learn to process them as soon as possible)

one question many parents ask is 'why bother to teach young bbs fractions, or planets or even names of american presidents'...to me this is akin to asking why bother to teach any humans at any age fractions, planets or even any information. most infor we learn in our lives are plain useless for making money lah. but if it is for the love of learning, then it doesnt matter what age you teach them to your child. just as long as they enjoy it and are laughing and happy when learning it..why not? children are not able to differentiate learning and playing. to them it';s the same.if they find learning fun from a young age, they will find learning fun when they are older and more ready for process based learning (sit down in a row and work out sums) later in their lives...

key is, children want to learn..more than we want to. coz it's their means to survive and understand their world...maybe many of us have too bad experiences in school reg learning...hmmm

<font color="0077aa">Flos: Just went to the maid agency &amp; got a transfer maid, the agency didn't have much transfer maids to choose from &amp; only one fit our criteria. Will be likely getting her on sat. What happen to your maid? Yes, I stay in the west too..
happy.gif

Sunrays: Show us your dress!!!

My smallberry have been talking &amp; laughing alot these few days. Don't know what he is toking about... So cute!</font>

Springz,
Thanks for your detailed info on GD
happy.gif

Flos,
I'm going to Suzhou. The pics tat i posted on FB are Beijing, though i've been to Shanghai as well numerous times.

Lanolin,
How much are the charges for the pilates at Liat Towers ? Is it good ? I'm wondering if it can help me to reduce wt. Dunno y...b4 preggy, i often went running, but now i hv no mood for exercises.

Back