(2008/08) Aug 2008

Morning Mommies!

Juz went to speak to Velle's teachers at skool. She has been saying that she doesn't want to go to skool becoz of the 2 new teachers n a boy who shoots her head with his fingers. Spoke to another mum n she said her son's been complaining about the same boy. That mum went to talk to the new Form/ English teacher n the mum is also not comfortable with that teacher. Haiz... We all ended up talking to last year's teachers about it. Hopefully this saga ends soon. Or I will be stuck wif a koala bear clinging on to me every morning. Super tired lor. Everyday late for work...

Hisstory,
Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Everything good?

mummynana,
hope everything will be fine soon.

i get feedback from yu ze's teacher too. hubby is thinking of ways to help. he say he always feedback to other parents about their kids and now his son is also like that. sigh....

sometimes it just set me thinking if i'm too hack care with his education.

morning mummies. =)
me asked zynn's teacher also.
she told me by MOE std, they are not required to noe from A-Z yet.
they are teaching them that in nursery now, our rats are only require to noe A-Z well when they attend K1.
so if they cannot ans what that alphabet is, most likely they will divert attention and ans other things.
to zynn's teacher, its is normal...phew!
cos last nite i asked zynn what she learned in class, she told me she goto K4 and dunno what was taught in nursery...厉害吧?? -_-"

celyn
u only need to apply PV when yu ze is in K1, its early next yr.
now worry for yu xi, abit toooo early liao lor.
anyway, yu xi most likely will follow yu ze rite?
so u can start planning for yu ze bah, cos gotta complete 40hrs of volunteer work before end of june when they are in K2.

mummynana
ya, gotta faster settle school "other issues".
so that anvelle can learn and progress properly.

hisstory
congrats!

snow74,
me not applying pv for yu ze at all. he will go to pei chun which is hubby's old school. i'm not so hardworking to do pv for them to get into a branded school.

FB secret group
add me can? sounds like we planning something big like that..hahah

have been quite bz lately..bb's routine settling in a bit better..of cuz got wild nites where she just simply refuse to sleep!..sigh..i just have to accept it that this rabbit is different from the mouse!..

going back to work in early march,.sigh..time flies..

re kid performance / behavior in school
i havent heard anything from kaer's school since the last parent meeting last may..last nov, they only gave like a report book..never see parents also...hmm..i also dunno how kaer is coping in school leh...i dun even know what she is learning! hahaa..too bz with this little one..but i guess no news is good news..hahah

Celyn,
Pei Chun also branded skool rite? My cousin is there. The uniform very old skool, like walk out from 早安老师 show.

Snow,
Yah, hoping to settle this issue soon. Velle loves skool from beginning so very upset n pek chek now that she refuses to go to skool. Btw, what's K4?

YLN,
Hahaha... Agree on the no news is good news thingy.

mummynana
yes, dun leave a bad impression of going to school when she is still so small.

K4 = lalaland...its something zynn created to divert from my qn... -_-"
i only noe her pcf have K1 and K2, dunno where to find her K4...ha ha... >P

Celyn,

if we r same sch, then hahahaha!! u noe where to fetch ur kid rite? :p

Nana, both my choice all the same type of uniform leh. But the one I dun need to do pv........ more stress, so I rather do pv n walk to sch.

K4 = N2? Hahahaha!!

Think sch n classmates r v impt and if they r nt comfortable or bullied, dunna go sch.

Hisstory,
congrats!!

Snow,
Zynn clever!!
happy.gif

Sylvia,
U gng to do PV at Pei Chun ah?

Snow,
Think Zynn means she is in kindergarten and 4 yrs old?

Ah... Weather so shiok to sleep in. Went out for lunch n half wet now. So sleepy...

sylvia
u aiming pei chun also?
its a gd school, meaning u gotta take certain level of stress too also lor. =)

thx...but i would say she is very playful instead lor. =P

oh ya, that reminded me something very funny last nite...
hb asking nynn a qn, nynn replied:"dun ask me why lah, u think u are mei mei ah?" =X
nynn:"we were watching tv, then mei mei asked me why that uncle walked away? i ans her cos that uncle want to go home, she asked me again why that uncle go home? i ans her cos uncle tired, she asked why uncle tired? i told her cos uncle need to sleep, she asked again why uncle need to sleep? i gave up and faster run away!!!"
ha ha...nynn cannot tahan zynn.

mummynana
ya, very likely also.
anyway, she din ans me when i asked her where is K4...ha ha... >D

snow74,
yes, its a bit far but there is always something call school bus so no problem lah. he had been taking school bus since 18 months, just continue loh. hahaha.....

mummynana,
hahhaah...... its not very branded lah but its more chinese loh. i like cos its still a pure chinese school.

sylvia,
yah yah. you start a student care then lah, i can send him to your student care.

Nana/ Snow

yes... either I am gng to do PV in Pei Chun or I will be sending her to Nanyang... but dun like coz v stress n alot of big shots. Will see alot of bodyguards in sch walking ard. :p

HB was laughing at what I am supposed to write as PV. I think if I write my past work, will sure kanna big time PV!! Hahahaha!!

Maybe then can start student care for yu ze liao! Hahaha!

I only looking for pure Chinese sch. :p

Snow,
hahahaha!! Nynn is asked til up to neck!
BBM still nt at that stage of asking why leh. Now more like I hv to keep screaming at her to stay focus.

But now always trying to control her... dunno which class mate kept using finger as gun and shoot ppl...... I told her NO GUN!!! Trying hard to prevent her exposing too much of weapons... then now in sch, I think my neighbours' grandchildren kept doing that. Felt like ground her til she stop doing that to everyone.

Morning

Add me to the fb grp too lei

Celyn, how far is ur hse to PC? I also dun wan to do PV and put Jac to my old sch. but is also very far. no choice lor.

Sylvia, not sending to ur old sch? keekee

Morning mummies

Rata,
Pei chun is in toa payoh, me in serangoon north. If drive, should be 20 to 30 mins bah. Take school bus might take 1 hour plus.

Sylvia,
I also want only Chinese school.

Morning mommies!

Snow,
Zynn is so cute! I also cannot tahan Velle's questions these days. We were listening to children's songs in the car n she kept asking questions about the songs... Who is Old King Cole? Y is he old? Y is it a yellow polka dot bikini? .... Non-stop questioning until i gave up n asked her to shut up when mummy is driving. I juz got my license n cannot concentrate la.

Celyn,
Student care is gd la. Will help u to make sure that Yu Ze finishes his homework before gng to skool the next day. Faster register at Sylvia Student Care!

mummynana,
yah. i also suggest to anther friend to start a student care cos her son will be going to pei chun too. her son is 1 year older than ours. hahaha.....

now i have 2 student care to go.

rata,
20 mins drive is not far lah. i would say far if its travelling from jurong to pasir ris. currently, yu ze's cc is only 10 mins drive from my house loh. but cos he is taking school bus, the journey becomes 40 mins.

Rata,

if pv do also cant get int Pei Chun, then I will go back to NY.

Celyn,
hahahahaa!! asked ur frd start a childcare lah. I go n help loh. :p

Sylvia,
When you can't get into pei chun, you would have miss your chance at nanyang liao. Your chance of going to nanyang will be the same as pei chun for subsequent try

Anyone keen in doing Photobook?
Promo at $28 + Shipping $12

40 pages with size 11x 8,.5"

http://www.photobooksingapore.com/prepaid/feb/mlc01-sg

Celyn,
no lah... If I will to choose Pei Chun, wont think of Nanyang already. :p

None of my classmates also support the idea of sending back there. hahahahaha!!!
I hv gd memories n friends there even till now, but nt the sch. Though we have good teachers too... n they can still rem me when I meet them on the road.

celyn

unles i confirm cant go in PC, then I will opt.
Ya.. I know is super long queue to go in.
but........ dunna bbm like me in Pri sch already see ppl with short gun at the back of them n walking ard in sch.

N then every wk x2 during social studies n hao gong ming, principal will come in n said the same paragraph til my form teacher who dunno mandarin also can say it accurately.

N make mistakes is a NONO thing in sch. u hv to excel n top class is like idol in sch, last class is like no hope, better change sch.

Then we hv pre-pri at age5-6, u can see them all playing violin. for those who cant afford, dun u think is neg to their growing up?

The things that they r good are the teachers, all round excel, if u r gd in music/arts/dance, they will emp before pri 3, after pri 3, must only focus on studies.

Morning mommies!

Sylvia,
So stressed leh. But if u can afford and bbM is capable den can la. I dun think i like tt kinda stress. Too much for this lazy mummy.

Morning mummies!

Everybody's busy? All come in to report den leave liao...

Re: N2 Expectations
Have your kids' teachers spoke to you about what is expected of the kids in N2? We were told to send the kids in early for lessons and not to remove them from skool too often as they will miss out on lessons. Think it is really stressful for our kids' generation leh. They need to learn to write n read by 2nd/ 3rd quarter this year.

morning mummies. =)
all the stressful topics...hee hee...
dun give them stress at k level lah, cos later they attend pri sch u cannot ctrl the kind of stress they need to face any more lor.
let them enjoy, and like going to sch 1st ok?

mummynana
what i noe is they need to learn all alphabets and basic concepts of numbering in nursery.
when reached k1, they need to learn words and be able to count well.
k2, need to learn sentences and do simple math(example, noe things like % and fraction).

if ur gal already noe more than what is required of their age....most likely u indirectly giving them certain level of stress liao. =P

talking abt wat need to know. stress... my cousin son who is also 2008 baby but Feb bb can do problem sloving. like my cousin ask 'mummy give you 10 sweets n you ate 2. how many do you still have' the boy can ans!!! mine can onli count up to 10 n some time still lost half way

rata
dun worry, jac is normal.

even if she noe how to climb up a mountain also no use, cos ended up she will only need to be tested on how to walk on the floor.
by the time when climbing mountain is needed, most likely cos previously too lag and she lost the skill to do it liao. -_-"
hee hee...so why stress them now? and got urself stress for nothing also. =)
pressing them too hard now, will only make them dislike learning.

Snow,
I think my gal stresses me instead. Keep asking for assessment books to do. This mother got no energy to read instructions to her la.

Rata,
Let the kid develop on their own. Every kid is different. They may be gd in A but not in B.

Nana, that's my own experience so I hv a big blank to send her there. My gen is like that.. her gen will be worse loh.

I rather she played alot now n have fun and enjoy, laugh til go sch then go n learn.

Dun red in report book, ok liao! :p

morning mummies

rata,
if you think jac is no good then what about yu ze, he still can't recognise abc, 123, cannot sing abc, cannot write, cannot hold pencil, etc. even his teacher say, he will always ask teacher to play and play even though its time for them to sit down and do work.

if you are stress like that i can go and die liao loh.

morning mummies. =)

nana
then let her do, i mean let her progress in area she is interested in.
my little rat also keep passing story books for me to read to her, so i understand ur "tired to read" part....ha ha...for me, its like totally no rest de lor.

sylvia
agree leh...let them enjoy doing things they more interested in now, cos its DEFINITELY still early.
later when they goto school, they have no choice and time to do those things any more....will have a regret in life feeling there lor. =P

think we are the same type of student...hee hee...dun fail can liao, enjoy simple life.

celyn
dun pressurise me....else, both of us can go die together liao...ha ha... >D
my rat has no problem singing abc song, but cannot recognise alphabets lor.
fun part is when i remind her abt those zoophonics thingy, she still remember all the phonics sound...but dunno which alphabet it is.

Morning Mommies!

Snow,
Damn tiring rite? I juz realised tt she could read basic words like car, cat, cow when she was doing her work last time. So hopefully the CC is able to make her read soon den mummy can carry on watching tv liao.

Sylvia,
My colleague's nieces r in pri 1 n 2 in NY. she said it's ok.

Celyn,
Think Yu Ze can hold la. Jus tt it's not the correct way rite?

Rata,
If you are worried, use everyday life stuff to teach Jac. For e.g., if u have 3 biscuits on a plate and give mummy 1, how many biscuits do u hv?

nana
i make the jie jie read to the mei mei instead...ha ha...then i can watch my tv. =P
that is why when she started asking why, the jie jie will complaint. -_-"

celyn
cos he using left hand is it?
my chix till now still kena minus mark due to her hand writting, cos she cannot hold pencil the "correct way" everytime also...she is using left hand, that is why teacher gotta use diff way to guide her.
if he is not using left hand, then should not be a problem in guiding him...just need time nia. =)

snow,

hahahahaha!!
coz after so much stress in pri... those pri sch frds that I know n still in contact, all doing well n some even directories of some MNC.

Celyn,
maybe next time our future Olympic, can yu ze competiting loh.
happy.gif

This age, i think play is the biggest part in life.

Nana,
pri 1 & 2 mah..... upper pri.. will see the sudden change n stress n super stress.

Celyn

aiya... he can hold lah but think teacher complain so he dunna loh.

left hand is diff loh.
the body position also diff.

BBM started with right holding, in sch, suddenly change to grab like yu ze, then I told her that not correct n hv to keep telling loh. think she learn other kids doing it.

eh... talking about singing.....

Yu ze dunno ABC song, but he can sing thomas songs v well wor n said n repeated the content in dvd....

that's his way of learning loh.

Good Morning Mommies!
Yes, Spore educational sys is really stressful but i think Raine's school is still quite relaxed...her P told parents not to take leave during exam period as it will give the gals unnecessary stress...so far, not alot of hw and CCAs only start in P3...so Raine is still enjoying gg to school daily!

Do you know I heard Rulang P1 starts CCA and weekly got projects to do online! All spellings and TX are graded too!

Snow,
Mae same like Zynn! They can shake hands man! I started her with TH as she wants to go school with Raine when Raine goes for class on Fri evenings...she is enjoying! Coz no hw and it's conducted in a fun way!

sylvia
there are many more things in life to learn and appreciate lor...life is short, dun waste it running after money and status most of the time.
to be successful might not = to be very gd in ur studies, some of the successful people even think current education hinder/killed certain factors to be a successful person. =)

m2b
ya...zynn requested to go ballet due to her jie jie also...ha ha...really can shake hand liao.
but the daddy said no...poor little rat. =(

lucky for raine, nynn's school also no cca till p3.
for p1 & 2, they will not have test or exam like we used to.
all marks will be graded along way, based on their everyday performance.
no stress for them, cos they cannot control which 1 will be marked on also...ha ha...but parent sweat lor, wanna teach also dunno which 1 to teach. -_-"

snow74,
actually both hand, he also just grab. occasionally with left hand, he can hold correctly. teacher is guiding him on his right hand. i did feedback that he might be left handed so teacher is monitoring that now.

i try to hold for him in the correct way but he just can't do it.

show number fingering hoh, he also can't do it. till now, he still can't show a good thumb leh.

my hubby is stress over the no exam and test thing. cos he say like that its very hard to guage if he is learning and can catch up or not. in this way, more parents will be kiasu and send their kids to more classes. those not going for extra classes will lose out even more.

sylvia,
yah, he can 'sing' thomas song with missing words. heheheh..... repeating story is the best. i'm trying to find thomas abc book. hopefully, he will be more willing to write loh.

m2b,
so stress.....

Snow,
Hi 5! Mae says want ballet too as Raine is enjoying ballet in school! Actually I'm contemplating on dropping keyboard for ballet haha

Snow & Celyn,
P1 no exams but P2 will have year-end exams although weightage is 50% and all other assessments/topical tests throughout the year have certain weightage. Raine's school does give parents a schedule of the assessments each term so we know when test what.

Back