(2008/08) Aug 2008

mel_ocean
ya, just now i double post also...something is wrong here. =|

rona
me too, hungry....planning to go out for lunch at 11.30am....shh.... =P

snow,
me too, around 1140hrs... thinking of suntec city, cos wanna get some sauages from carrefour... heheheee

LTS, your maid dare to steal from you? Must sack. No excuse for stealing. You can try other recommendations if Bernard didn't reply you. Or you can send him a sms to see if he returns your call.

First thing I tell my maids when they step into the house is - no stealing and no lying. If found doing any of that, will report to police (for stealing) and send them back rightaway (for lying) so not only will they not make money here, they will owe the agent the 7 months commission. Must set the tone right for them. Must let them know you are the Alpha in the household (sorry to make it sound like training a dog but it is true).

morning mummies

i wake up at 1030 then went for breakfast and just came back not long ago.

little twin stars,
i think you better send your maid home. she is horrible. don't keep a thief at home and you can't even live in your own home at ease.

krex78,
yu ze also master self feeding about a month or 2 back only. slowly, they will learn. as for straw cup, i realise once he know how to drink from it, he loves it a lot. he will keep asking for it and drink water and each time can be about 1/3 of the bottle of water. and he loves to hold the bottle too cos then we can't snatch it away from him. hahahah.....

Snow/ Rona,
Thinking of lunch liao ah?

Snow,
There's Colette at Forum. But selling adult shoes and accessories. Actually I found some other nice shoes. But I damn "cat". Dun wan to spend anything above $30 for the shoes coz she keeps losing them. I have 3 half pairs at hm liao leh.

Done wif the cake. Got the 3D Pooh cake with Anvelle's name on cubes fr eCreative. Venue confirmed at Town Restaurant. Photobook finally completed! Sent for printing liao. Shld be getting only 1 Pooh balloon bouquet.

krex,

thanks 4 rec. i jus talked to sylvia;s agents. they r searching for me now. looking for new one. phil too. mine also no off day but after her loan, she start to request 4 off then request for hp etc
she started stealing food to eat. i tot ok la, then progress on
sad.gif

wah. i must train gg to feed herself frm the spoon soon

rona,

i check her bag when she goes for her off. i check when she comes back. mayb cos i stay at corridoor unit so she put the things thru her side of the window. then again, i wake up late she wake up early, mayb she use her hp to pass the things to someone. she always tell me i have no proof lor. she even ask me to report police ! smart hor. wah yrs no off also steal so much..can PM me yr agent

snow,

hubby dun wan indo. he feels they r less hygienic n those who throw bb down r all indos...i am going to shift to 19flr with no window grills. i scared lei

sam,

i wanna send her home, i quarreled with hubby about her. but cos now mil is not in spore. no one to help me watch bb while i pack. so i am stuck. tt;s y i q with hubby. he wants me to keep her to help me pack n unpack then send her off
sad.gif

baby sage,

first 6 mths when she is on loan she is very gd! after that she start to request for off n hp n tat;s when serious prob started. she will have no heart to work until my mom tell me to let her go 4 off. so smart hor. then last wk she made me quarrel with my mom so i will not get her to come over to spy on my maid so she has more freedom n was very happy then when she saw my mom yesterday she was shocked y i forgave her. i am strict with my maid too n yet she can b daring. it;s her character liao. i also told her the same thing. caught her lying n scolded her badly but guess she is immune so it;s time to change

celyn,

v sian lor. sleep late wake up early. but she wake up even earlier to do funny things lor cos she sleep very early

msapple,

u r right. character flaws is something tat cannot change

rona
hows lunch?
hee hee...me just reach office. =P

celyn
shiok lor, enjoy ur rest. =)

mummynana
cos my breakfast is always 2 pcs of bread at around before 8am, so normally 11am will feel like "hunger coming" liao....pai seh.

oic, maybe they change le...hmm...thought forum mostly selling kiddos stuffs.

sounds great, should be a very nice party.

LTS,
No point quarreling wif hubby over such ppl. Can try convince ur hubby lor, cos she mb itchy fingers, steal more things while you are moving house & things become more chaotic

little twin stars,
your maid good life leh, sleep earlier than you.

snow74,
this should be my last week now. i'm trying not to take afternoon nap from this week. if not, i will die when i start work next week leh. hahahah.....

Hisstory
aiyo talking abt clothes for bb, hb suggested i go coldwear!
wah men are men, no fashion sense..i had to lug him to zara to see how lovely baby clothes can be! haha..
but i'm quite clueless as to wat char shld wear..
maybe a short sleeve top + thick jacket..? once go inside the mall it'll be quite warm bcos of the heater rite?
When u were there, how was the weather?

hi snow - i worry abt getting a bad maid...it is so often we hear of how bad they are, how much stress they caused... i am getting used to the routine w caring for my bb and working and then now hb wants maid which means i have to adapt, change to accept a new stranger into teh house....hb thinks maid=help, he does not realise it mean hardship of training, cld have bout of vomitting blood (if maid just cant get it)...and sigh rotten "apples"...

Hi little twin star - hugs ..know how stressed u r ..guarding a lion in ur own den....think send her back is best but i full y understand ur predictment abt the new one worst....
sad.gif

vanilla_pod
understand ur worries, but not all maids are bad lah. =)
if u really dun want a maid, maybe let ur hb noe it directly?
he mean gd, but might not be able to see ur point.
he is trying to help, so might not do it if he noe he is adding on worries to u?

celyn,

how u train yu ze to drink from straw cup? i hope J will drink his milk from there next time...

LTS,

actually, if u change maid soon, u might find a capable one to help u shift. if u can wait 2 weeks, try to get a fresh one who has not worked in sin before. they are usu less demanding (at least for the 1st 6-7 mths while serving their contract). rather than keep this one and find yourself more stressed after the shift coz' more things go missing. best is catch her in the act then agency will have no choice but to refund u the money.

vanilla,

i was also quite unwilling to get a maid at first coz' lack of privacy and bringing a stranger home leads to a whole host of problems. for me, i had no choice coz' MIL is old and needs help at home to look after kid. i think for maids, if u get a gd one, it makes life easier coz' u have more time to spend with kid or yourself and u worry less about housework. if u get a bad one, of course it turns your life upside down. sometimes it really depends on luck.

i told my hb that if i ever become a SAHM, i can consider not having maid but i will get pt help, esp on weekends, to do housework.

krex78,
i didn't really train him to drink from straw cup. it happen once when we all thought he didn't know how to drink from straw and hubby offer him yakult with the straw thinking that he can't get anything out of it. to our surprise he drank half the bottle before we could snatch the bottle back. since then we offer him magmag cup. in the begnning, he will still sip 50% of what he drink cos still not very good at holding and controlling the amount. slowly, he will know and enjoys it very much cos its fun. cos he spill i change to nuby (i think) non-spill straw cup. he loves it very much. i actually find it very hard to drink from their straw cup, don't know how he manage to suck. hehe....

maybe you can offer him the magmag cup and put very little ribena with lots of water. so there is some colour and you will be able to tell if he can suck. i think yakult is easier for them cos the straw is very thin. that's why he don't spill as much compare to straw cup.

celyn,

i tot the mag mag cup was spill-proof? mine didn't spill when i drop it. i dun mind letting him try yakult. i think hb gave that to J the other time but he still didn't succeed. maybe we need to drink more often in front of him, haha.

i have a nuby also but that one is the one with silicon teat spout. he's using that sometimes now to drink juice.

mommies,

where can i find good beaches? i'm thinking of bringing J to the beach to expose him to sand coz' some parents tell me a lot of kids dun like sand. hope he's not too old to try now.

i'm contemplating a 3d2n stay at some hotel/ resort so i dun have to put up with a dirty kid in the car, haha. is it cheaper to stay in bintan (nirwana/ mayang sari/ bintan lagoon) or sentosa? not sure if batam has any nice beaches. i'm looking for a place with nice, clean beaches, plus swimming pool facility as well.

krex78,
magmag will spill cos in the beginning when they are no good at straw, he will have about 50% of the water spill on his shirt but not with nuby. yu ze don't know how use the spout though. you let him have the yakult and see if he can drink from it loh. just let him try everytime when there is a chance. now we can't drink yakult in front of him cos he will snatch from us or cry if he didn't get it. hahaha.... sometimes, i will leave a bit for him to sip. once he saw an empty yakult bottle in the dustbin and he took it out and try to drink it. lucky we saw it in time to stop him.

its true that not all children likes sand. some don't like grass too. when we first put yu ze on grass, he will hold on to us and lift his feet of the grass. he don't want to touch it at all. it took him a while to be ok with it. as for sand, he took 2 tries to like it.

hi snow - ya i told him yesterday say now i can cope w hsework and i am doing most of it so mil no need do ...he said maid is to help mil...then he say mil still cook and take care of my bb 2days of week whole day v tiring so maid good...i know he means well that maid will help me i can makan dinner at 8pm instd of 9pm everynite....but i am still having my reservtions... somemore it is like lottery to get good maid or not...

hi krex - ya my situation same as u -- cos mil arms ache, legs ache...so hb wants help...really hope if i need i can get a real good one who can understand mandarin since hb say training mil can do. I was like "har...not every maid know chinese one leh...how to train?" then i will have to train right
sad.gif

celyn,

now i got one more thing for J to try - grass! never thought of that. maybe one day should just bring him to playground barefooted and let him walk on the grass. or we'll try sand at the playground first. not easy for us though, coz' J still can't walk and we don't really want to keep supporting him from the arm. where did u let yu ze play with sand?

hi celynlee - hmmm..maybe i will try using yakult straw and see if my bb can drink..he cannot even drink from mag mag sprout cup..i let him try normal straw once and he cried..haha

on grass..he likes it..he keeps crawling out of the mat to touch it.... sand havent try cos Singapore beach sand alot of rubish and broken glass....like krex..trying to find a nice resort...but then i wonder his porridge how? hmmm...headache

krex78,
nowadays the playground got no sand one. so you can let him try if he like that kind of texture or not too. grass, i just bring him downstair anywhere that has grass. when we let him try out that time, he also don't know how to walk. so we carry him and let his feet touch but he will keep lifting it off loh like going gym. very funny one. for sand, we bring him to east coast. same as grass, just carry him and let him touch. he keep lifting his feet off. so end up we just dump him there to sit. he sit there very still and not moving at all. can tell he is very uncomfortable. we just sit beside him and not make any noise. until he buay tahan, quick crawl towards us for us to carry him. hahah...

2nd time when we brought him there, he happily crawl around on the beach liao. i have his video in fb.

so we simply let him have a feel of the grass and sand. when he refuse, just let him sit there for a while. grass, take him longer to be ok with it. sand is faster for him.

vanilla,

are u working or SAHM? and do u stay with MIL or u bring bb to her house? getting chinese speaking maid is a bit tough. most ppl i know hire indo maids coz' the caregivers can speak malay, or phil ones coz' they are better with instructions. my ex myanmese one apparently can speak and understand a little bit of chinese but even then, we don't use that to communicate with her. maybe u can consider having PT maid? i think nation has such arrangements where you can have maids come by to help on certain days only, unlike our live-in maids.

vanilla,

how did u let bb try grass? picnic at some empty grass patch? oh dun need to worry abt porridge. the last time i went resort, i got the chef to cook up some simple puree. just ask them to mash potato with broccoli and some meat. turned out to be even nicer than what we cook at home for him! worse case scenario we'll just go for buffet and then pick up some items that bb can eat, like bread, cheese, etc.

celyn,

did yu ze get rashes after u leave him on grass or sand? or did he try to pick and eat it? our concern is J's skin is quite sensitive and he might get rashes if we just leave him in the sand pit at our playground or let him sit on grass at our house downstairs. now that u mention, i think my playground does not have sand either <sob> dun tell me must go to the ones at the zoo or some place where they charge entrance fee...

krex78

Sorry to butt in but thought I might be able to give you suggestion. I went to Bintan Club Med in July. They have an adult pool, toddlers pool and a baby pool (though it's upstairs). The beach is pretty clean (as it's private). Meals &amp; drinks are all included already. If you just want to chill out &amp; not do anything much, you can consider it. If you have an older kid, it would be even better as they have free actvities for kids.

And yes, my bb hated the sand. Was wailing away. Took another attempt before she would agree to sit on the beach mat on the beach and just about touch the sand.

LTS
I too think you should change maid. My previous maid was also stealing..to pass to her lover. We got really scared and sent her back immediately. Coz don't know if one day she will bring home the man and rob us. If she is requesting for offday, buying new hp and mini skirt, she definitely seeing a man liao. That was when my maid started stealing as well.

^^

Sorry, never post regularly coz got no time but I always check into this forum.

vanilla,
to be honest, i never thought of the beach being dirty, fill with rubbish and any other sort of things when we brought him there. it never came to our mind at all. it was till rata saw my video in fb back then and reminded me then i thought about it. but hoh since he is a boy i think can lah, must rough it out a bit. we just have to be a bit more careful loh. he had been to the beach several times liao. having said that, different people have different ideas loh. if you are not comfortable, maybe find a place that you are before letting him try.

krex78,
no, he didn't get rash or anything. maybe you can let him try a short while first then wash him almost immediately to prevent any rash. yu ze don't put things inside his mouth kind except for pacifier and now food. so i don't have to worry about that.

as for sand, maybe you can try east coast or sentosa beach loh. just let him feel a bit, no need to let him crawl around or whatever if you are afraid of all those rubbish being harmful.

Hi krex - i am working but stay with my mil...3x weekdays my bb will be with my mum and he comes home in evening... 2days of week my mil takes care of him the day ....we have PT maid that comes 1x a week... i agree chinese speaking maids hard to find...sigh... we will take 1 step at atime to see how..

i went w bb to botantic garden for pinic and brought mat to sit on grass..but he keeps wandering to grass to touch to crawl...knees all red also dun care...

Thanks for ur tip on the food at resort...good idea..haha or not he just makan bread all the time!

hi celynlee...maybe that day i went low tide so i see alot of rubbish....i saw glass bottles broken..i think we singaporeans must really try keep our beach clean...

krmeow,

tks for your suggestion. how much did it cost? so fd &amp; drinks is unlimited? like cruise like that is it? only if u want extra or fine dining then u pay extra? no need to pay for 14-mth old bb rite?

celyn,

i never liked singapore beaches so i can't even think of one to bring him to now that i'm searching. my colleague recommends only sentosa coz' the sand is fine. the rest of the beaches in sin are rather dirty. east coast is prob one of the best already.

Bye, mommies!
Leaving office liao. Going for a FOC movie wif hubby coz mum gave tix n volunteered to look after Velle. Haha....See u tml!! =)

vanilla,
i see. cos i didn't really pay attention loh. yu ze was just happily crawling around and try to chase after the waves.

krex78,
maybe you can bring him to just feel it loh.

Hi mummies, can i know which milk powder u think is the best in the market? Cos my girl is drinking progress gold now and she doesnt quite like it. Drinks very little. And im thinking of changing.

sam,
hubby jus dun want things to b tough on me. he was also frust n he cut short his biz trip to come back n help me.

snow,
steal coins i can accept...not hygienic i cannot accept. to me i rather :tip: the phil one for her gd work n close an eye here n there jus don;t b too much n dishonest. tat i can;t accept

celyn,
my maid sleeps at 11pm, if i go out n she is at home with mil. even earlier at 10plus. me sleep around 2am. wake up when gg wakes up. at times i couldnlt sleep well cos feel very troubled hence knock off with gg during nap

vanilla,
yr hubby n mine can shake hands! they think alike! i am tempted to get pt maid but hubby refused......he has no time to help me with hsework type so he rather get pt maid n safe him frm hsework. now i am shifting..........i do all the packing myself!!!!! maid help here n there but i do it myself literally

krex,
mine finish her loan liao, wat;s there to refund.....
next wk i am shifting liao. i want new maid so i guess need to wait too. this time i want one with no off day. try to eliminate probs as much as i can. i also ask agent to look 4 a quiet one n not one tat talks too much. mine is quiet to us cos language barrier. her english is bad. but even so, she still try to cit chat with me! when she meet her own type. she rather risk me scolding her n talk non stop.
now hard to find gd maid liao. so far none of my friends had suck luck. haha. those tat do employed 10yrs ago type.....

krex hubby n i planning to go for tour lei!!! now we plan to time it such tat we send her back, we bring gg for tour n when we come back the new maid is here

krmeow,
mine started off day 7mths ago liao. she is married with kids lei. yesterday she bot sunglass. she always meet her sis. i think she dun have bf but is jus vain. cos she use my estee lauder night repair serum! n eye cream. i often ask her how come she never buy things for her kids to send back n how come she never need to call her family. n she jus smile n say no need. but i heard her son cry 4 her b4. she say she dun dare ask hp frm me to call. but end up with hp..i pass her one already but took back on wkdays. but i really never c her on hp b4 ...

snowhamster,
it all depends on bb. yumin drinking mamil gold now. i feel this suits her taste buds most after trying enfalac, similac &amp; friso. but these were given to her when she's an infant. you try the small tins first, juz in case she dun like the new brand...

celyn,
thanks. they did say wanna send me the bdae pack leh, till now, no see... to think i so support them... yah, i think #3 abit hard to find in small tins...

Halo! I'm trying pm post on my mobile. Looks ok i guess! Just slow lor, can't open a few browsers and surf at the same time... :-(

<font color="#CD3278">timmin</font>
My niece is at St Paul's church's playgrp.. U know the one along upper sgn road?

<font color="#CD3278">snow</font>
U org spree in Aug meh? heheh, or u actually amted enough for the 2 gers to 'spree'?

<font color="#CD3278">twin stars</font>
Hmm, better to keep the maid till u move &amp; then let her help you clean up the new place before a new one comes along.. At least u dun have to get stressed with the cleaning up &amp; training a new maid at the same time

<font color="#CD3278">ReiRei</font>
Alamak.. Cold wear wont have sizes for Char leh!
I dunno how's the temp going to be like in Nov. But beware of the strong winds.. I did managed to get 2 Mothercare long-sleeved tops, i think abit like knitted-wear..
The malls didn't feel heated.. But we did take off her thicker jacket when we got into the malls.

Back