(2008/08) Aug 2008

reirei

u know..if i had that much money(like jon and kate) i would hire a professional nanny/nurse for each child...and then go off with my husband for mini honeymoons...hahaha

but i go everywhere with my child...so i'll probably bring the whole entourage everywhere! but it's fine i'll just supervise the nannys

i guess jon and kate is a good lesson...dont neglect ur husband!

dont neglect ur husband over your child! and dont let your husband laze at home! dont let him ever be a househusband!

dont be the solebreadwinner for the family! that's the husband's job....dont undermine his responsibility...what is he going to do at home? be the mother? he cant...guys arent programed to be mothers..no wonder Jon got depressed and went clubbing...that's what guys do wor...im not surprised...

women get depressed and go shopping! or see a doctor for antidepressants and moan about dying...

men get depressed and go drinking gambling and womanising...ah hem u dont exactly see them taking anti-depressants!

and if the wife stops loving and giving IT to him..he's probably going to look else where...im not surprised either...

men are like that...so we women better be smarter....guard your husband well...

i told my husband if he ever cheats on me..he wont see me or my son again! ever...i will just move to dubai and take up a professorship there...

aiyah middle of the night..i always talk too much...well at least these days im thinking more clearly....im trying for another baby now...hopefully get preggers soon..have another child and then possibly close shop and then go back to work when they are old enough...

guess ive to put my career on hold now...but being a mother is a responsibility..if u cant do it well.dont have a child..if u have a child..make sure u do it to the best!

morning mommies

celyn
which playgroup u looking at? I dun even know where to start from... feeling so lost. dunno if kieren can get a place in playgroup or not.

catherine
tat WTS thread is good entertainment for me in the morning... hahahahahaha.

victoria
wow... u trying for #2 so soon. I'm also planning for #2 but will start only early next yr cos I cant imagine myself preggy n handling kieren now. anyway, good luck n hope u get preggers soon!

Good Morning Mommies!
happy.gif

good morning mummies

Childcare/playgroup
when our child turns 18 months, we can send them to CC liao..n in CC, they call this group of kiddos PLAYGROUP..cuz they not yet nursery age, which is about 2.5 to 3 yrs old..so these playgroup kiddos have a more 'fun' curriculum lor..but some CCC merge the N1 and playgroup curriulum and teach all the same...so it depends..
im thinking from 1.5 yrs to 2.5yrs ..if dun send to CC/sch..abit boring for kaer lor..and she will be at the age where she will learn and absorb the most...so better to put her in half day in CC ..and let her mix and interact..build up her confidence level and independency...so when im planning for #2, it will be easier for her to adjust too..so she wont feel like we got another bb, then put her in CC..

celyn
when u planning to put Yu Ze in CCC? have u recce the kinderland? i went to the kinderland at my place here..:p...very bad leh...i dun like it..and the fees so ex..but i think different kinderland is run slightly differently ..

happy mummy
ya..CC is much cheaper than infantcare...
happy.gif

yln,
which kinderland did you go to? why you say its bad? can share with me?

i plan to put in there when he reach 18 months but also depends on hubby 'she de' or not loh.

pinky,
yah, plan to send him when 18 months. cos he didn't go to any classes at all. i think start him at 18 months might be a bit late liao. some babies here already go for some sort of classes liao. hehehe....

tmorning mummies,
did i miss anything...

long time no post..laptop spoilt
sad.gif

in the midst of selling my place...in 2wks i have 4 offers...no need open hse....think tonight will settle...somehow will miss my place...mix feeling now. plus haven found a place to shift to cos didn't expect the place to sell so fast.they say my place feng shui is gd, i also dunno how to see. the buyer checked out my place n decided to place a check.

tigg3r,
send my bday hugz to yr gals
happy.gif

cat,rei
i am free today...cam meet if u guys go shopping

maids:
i found my wallet missing $2....the big notes never steal, take my only $2....isn;t it easy for me to notice...but my maid replied i didn't see her take my money wo...tat is not wat i expected to hear....she is getting more "savvy" the same day i gave her money to help me buy things n got extra 50 cents...

very sian lei....tot wen i shift to town...sure smaller place...hubby say no privacy ....mayb no need maid.....then again my hubby ask me...i can or not wo.....

The venue of Mae's 1st birthday finally confirmed liao so I can start planning already...suddenly getting all excited! hahaha

Twin Stars,
We been to see a few properties liao so now need to let my agent sound out the sale of our place 1st...the valuation just out last week...shall see...how is the sale of your place? Make good profit? You PM me to discuss further k?
happy.gif

juz back from zara, great world city crowd still ok, not v crowded during lunch time... got few top, dress & swim suit for my gal!

Hisstory,
Thanks for the advice. Started K on it last night. She was wailing hysterically at the top of her lungs. And keep giving me those pitiful looks. My heart feels like it's been broken into a million pieces. I had to hold myself back from going near her or latching her on. Cross my fingers and hope that everything will turn out fine.

Wendy,
She used to latch-on during the day as well for the past few months. After her bath, she had this habit of latching on to sleep. Then slowly, she weaned herself out of this. This month onwards, she hardly latch-on at all during the day. As for the night feeds, sometimes I feel that she's suckling for comfort but then sometimes I could hear her little tummy growling away. So I'm rather confused. Imagine waking up every 2 hours or so during the night to latch her on. It is extremely demanding and tiring, both mentally and physically. Nope, she doesn't sleep with us on our bed. She sleeps in her cot which is placed next to our bed.

Krex,
By the time I replied, you would have already been in Phuket. Most important thing to do there is to relax yourself and have fun. Cast all your frustrations and worries aside, you deserved this break!

Happy_mummy,
Both hubby and I had childhood asthma. I even have sinus. I'm supposed to undergo surgery for my nose. I have waters trapped at the areas under my cheeks. It causes nasal congestion or something like that. I refused to undergo surgery because after hearing what the doctor said, it freaked me out. He said he would make an incision on my nose, insert a tube through it and drain all the waters out. As for K, I went to Prof Hugo because I wanted a peace of mind as well. It started when she was 1 month old. Hated it when the PDs kept brushing us off. All they did was just to prescribe some nasal drops and commented by saying it's a very common problem for infants. Fine, I can accept what they said. Started to monitor her situation, her blocked nose was still there even after afew months. So we went to Prof Hugo. Did the check-ups, tests and all, she wasn't allergic to anything. He told us that she has a small nose structure and that this is the main source of her problem. There wasn't much that we could do. He also said that even if she isn't allergic to anything now, doesn't mean she won't be in the future. Told us to go back for a review. I also suspect that her nose structure or chronic blocked nose problem is hereditary. After that, I read and researched on the internet. I learnt that having a humidifier can make a child less susceptible to colds and coughs. Because for us, we switch on the aircon every night. It makes the room very dry, which makes it difficult for her and me to breathe. And we'd just installed the aircon in January. Therefore, the room is very cold because of the aircon, even though we set it to 25 degrees and above every night. Purpose of the humidifier is to provide moisture to the room, so that it doesn't get so dry until you find yourself having difficulty to breathe through the nose and therefore you have to breathe using your mouth. So we went out and bought the humidifier. True enough, after afew days later, she started to show signs of improvement. Her nose is not that blocked anymore, breathing using her nose again. In the morning when she wakes up, can hardly hear the "phlegm/mucus through her nose" sounds. When I read what other mummies wrote about them having a humidifier, I was full of doubts. Was asking hubby, got so shen qi meh? But now, I see for myself the outcome.

I bought this in black, $168. Should you need a humidifier, I can advise you more on the specs. Hehe, last time read up too much le.
http://www.duro.com.sg/product_detail.asp?BID=2&PID=52

Got this from Prof Hugo's namecard:

Professor Hugo Van Bever
MD, PhD

Senior Consultant
Allergy and Immunology Services
Department of Paediatrics
The Children's Medical Institute

5 Lower Kent Ridge Road
Main Building 1, Level 4
Singapore 119074
Tel: (65) 6772 4420/6772 4112

He is also the Professor of Clinical Paediatrics at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine at NUS.

P.S. I seriously think you should tell that teacher off leh. What does she mean by that statement sia. If I ever encounter such scenario, I sure f the teacher upside down de!

Eve,
No wonder lah, I find your nick super familiar. Blur me, should have realized earlier that you were from my first BP. Yaya, me also Aug 08 mummy. So qiao hor, such a small world. Yup, that guy who went up to your place is my hubby.

Victoria,
Wah, you trying for another one le ah. Gambateh, hope to hear good news from you soon! For me, I don't even dare to think of it. Having K already puts me off another one. Won't be thinking of it in the near future, I guess.

celyn
the kinderland at my place here...the classroom size is ok, but quite messy..and they share the entire compound with crestar..so always got pple come in and out...personally i think not very good cuz will ehnance the risk of flu or whatever kind of illness lor..if its just purely the entire CC, not so bad..but since they share with the music school..its already a big no no for me..plus..the indoor playground was so small and pathetic..and only 2 toilets for the children..very small and crampy...but one thing i like is the activities they have for kiddoes..got simple baking and stuff..so quite fun...but the teachers were the ultimate..all face black black..not very happy looking..children there looked ok lor...but the teachers like bua kam guan like that..:p

dunno lar..thats just me and my opinion..to me..kaer only going for playgroup..so curriculum, i feel at this point, not so impt..the environment, teachers and facilities must be however conducive...kaer must like the environment and it must be fun...but the feel i got when i was there wasnt very conducive...they may have quite a ok curriculum..but that is secondary for me..cuz i dun expect kaer to know ABC now alos...from 1.5yr to 2.5yrs..i just want her to go and mingle and pick up her confidence level...academic stuff, later than talk..
happy.gif
(i dun want to stress her lar..and me also heeheeh)

anyway,
i just got back from taka...bought new milk bottles and pigeon ready made food and biscuits...quite good deal since got additional 10% disc for card members..
happy.gif

nver go zara leh...already go macau ..buy until pok gai liao..no more spending on myself ler..
sad.gif

yln,
where you stay? can tell me which kinderland branch? or you pm me lah. hehehe....

snow74,
yah, i realise the quietness for some time liao. but some afternoon, me busy at work so also never post.

Snow,
Yes, feel good after sweating it out...now never go gym 3x a week, whole body feels funny...heehee

Your office also got gym?

Yap yap, buying for Mae's birthday and since for fund-raising too so support. But dun need wait for confirmation and just tsf hah??

rona
ytd my wedding anniversary. hee...so we went out together & took E to have some fun. :D

eve
i'm planning to put E in half-day childcare. cos can pay via CDA & timing more flexi as to when i can drop him in or take him home.
happy.gif

celyn
have u been to kinderland to chk it out? how much are the fees like? I'm going to chk out a few schools in my area tmr...

Kieren also haven't been to any classes till now n I think 18mths is a gd time to start sending him to school.

YLN
thks so much for the info. I totally agree on wat u said to celyn. so u chose n confirm kaer's school alrdy?

Lizanne
yah its really a small world. I actually found a few long lost frds in this forum too. btw, ur hubby looks v young!

eve,
i have been to the open house at yio chu kang road one. that's why i want to know which branch yln went to. i like yio chu kang cos they got very big open area for children to play and run. not like those in hdb kind. the cc fees is about 900+ before subsidy and playgroup is about 300+ but no subsidy.

yln
ya, cos i'm being assigned under an old uncle.
i always tell my hb i'm waiting for the cow to come home...shh..... =P

celyn
me multitask....actually everyday i gotta do management reporting 1, but i'm used to multitask liao lor.
hee hee....

m2b
so gd...me just started work, so dun feel gd to have "extended lunch hr" lor. =X
my co can have free access to chevron's gym.

me too leh, for the goodies bag ya?
kiddy posted dun need, hopefully our order are captured lor. =|

timmin
hmmm... half day cc also not a bad idea. thks for the suggestion!

celyn
icic.... I called little skool house (under NTUC) n their fees are abt $600+ before subsidy. didnt know kinderland is more ex than little skool house.

snow
heehee..u so furni..wait for cow to come home..heehee...is this job perm or temp?

eve
hm..i went to several CCC to recce liao..saw 1-2 i think quite ok one..but i still got about 4 more CCC to check out before i make up my mind...
where u stay? so u also want to send kieren to CC?

celyn
i thot playgroup is only for 2 yrs old? u mean the playgroup in kinderland? i thot playgroup is also CC, just that its for younger children..cuz thats what i gather n was informed after all my visits to the CCC...cuz the playgroup fee and cc fee has such a big gap..so im thinking the playgroup u mention should be just for 2 hrs every day rite?

eve
i went to the little skool house at my area also..i think cuz my side is under HDB..so very much cheaper..only $500 plus after subsidy..i quite like the one near my place..but a bit too small..:p

Back