(2008/08) Aug 2008

YLN,
my NUS classmate is a trainer in Walton, he always ask us to buy but we ignore him... heard that the returns are quite good...

YLN, krex,
we will "try" to eat at foodcourt or cheaper cafes whenever we bring maid along but sometimes we do treat her to more expensive places also la, but then we will order for her... the most we will ask her if she wants noodle or rice, fish or chicken etc... but for high class buffet, we dont bring her at all...

timminbuzz
forgotten to get ur contact nos...
we ended up standing there waiting 25mins for u, cos we scared u can't find us...ha ha....
at least now saw that u din go.

msapple
if urgent, u can take it 1st. =)
should be $17.06 lor, but till now my bal sheet still cannot bal. =P
i'll try to get it done asap ok?

aurora
sorry, i can't make it to vone's house.
it too early for me, my gal got class. =(

faeriekim
i packed ur stuff liao, thought u are going meet up just noe u see....hee hee....
i dun have uob acc, just that usual posb acc lor.

dongle, i try to eat at food court also but during weekends, very crowded so we end up at places like swensens or delifrance. gd idea, next time i just ask her want western or chinese, or fish or beef, haha.

a few wks ago, went to celeb MIL's b'day and we ate buffet. maid actually said she wanted buffet (which cost $50+). my hb said ok some more, and then his family got a bit upset in the end, even though we foot her share of the bill. worse thing is my maid didn't eat much and she said she's full and on a diet! almost wanted to strangle her!!!

RE: Orders for mini eclairs

1. valnsw - 1 tray strawberry, 1 tray chocolate, 1 tray banana, 1 tray cuppucino
2. vone - 1 tray strawberry, 1 tray cuppucino, 1 tray chocolate, 1 tray banana
3. aurora - 1 tray strawberry, 1 tray cuppucino, 1 tray chocolate, 1 tray banana

PLUS
1. aurora - 1 bag mini profiterole (pls advise flavor before I order)

Will stop consolidating orders for the mini eclairs.

vone / aurora,
Have emailed both of you, pls check!
I will order the items this Sunday.
Will collect the items on 20 Nov and bring them to the gathering.

mommies,
i just pumped pink color milk!
Today only managed to squeeze out some cos too busy. So engorged when i returned home and immediately pumped. Suddenly i realised how come it's pink color cos my short oso got some pink, i tot was reflection of it.

The milk with blood still can drink ah? or can use for facial? read previously u all say baby can drink ah ..
maybe i use to soak my feet. ;)

von,
Why dun u join Dongle's spree cos she reached free domestic shipping oredi ... unless u ordering alot else it's cheaper ba.

valnsw,
sorry i din quite follow the thread on this. yours can mix different flavours for 12 trays?
For mine, when i ordered for my baby first month, it was all same flavours.

anyway, i love the eclairs ... din try the other flavours ... cos can only order one flavour and i ate most of the trays cos the guest tat day din eat much. Oso offered to my MJ friends when they came over but there were also profiteroles. Shan't disclose how many .. hahha. Oops.

shint,
u wana order one tray of e mini eclairs?
If you want, I can give u one slot, cos I jus order 1 tray cappucinno to make up the 12 trays.
I not tat keen on this flavor.

Just that I duno how u gona collect fr me. Or mb can ask if e BP organiser can let u collect your one tray at Seng Kang even tho ur order is consolidated with us. She has 19/11/08 (WED) 7.15pm- 7.30pm Seng kang collection.

The BP Organiser said can mix e flavours, even if don't buy as one carton.

prince lionheart warmer
I bought this warmer recently from mothercare for $56. You snap this metal thing then the pack crystalises and heat up very quickly.

The heat lasts for only a few hours so technically you can only heat up 1 bottle while out. Once it is cooled, you have to steam it or boil it to 'reactivate' it. For longer trips where there's going to be more than 1 feeding, good only if you're going to places where the nursing rooms either provide steriliser or hot water (but I think hot water harder cos where to find container to hold the hot water to soak the pack)

I like it still, very good for short trips.

Aiyoh the Motherhood 'baby fair' sucks...nothing to see/do there. Don't waste your time if anyone's planning on popping by over the weekend.

i tot dongle spree had ended. ops, still on? dongle, when you placing the order the ameda parts?? I need the items fast as i'm returned to work soon.

missysz,
no worries. sure gt other chances 1.
happy.gif

krex78,
u r really v nice 2 ur maid. shld make her pay 4 d buffet. then let her heart pain. hehehe...

valnsw,
since we r short of 1 tray, then u order 1 more tray of chocolate 4 me. i'll tsf d $ 2 u by tmr. tks a lot.
happy.gif

any mummies know how to wean baby off our breast. i really want to stop yu ze from latching. he can cry and cry or don't drink for the whole day if i don't latch him. how huh?

i'm a bad mummy, i really let him cry out loud and long then i give in to latch him leh. see him cry till face red and no voice, so poor thing.

shint,
my bm also got blood when i'm doing confinement. i call LC from kk, she say its ok to drink. if you are not comfortable then don't give loh.

snow / M2B / hisstory,
Great to meet you ladies again and your babies for the first time.
We had a gd time talking!

timminbuzz,
We were there wondering if u got lost or not coming alrdy, even went up to one lady w a stroller who went round Soup Spoon asking if it's u but wasn't.
Mb can join us next time.

hisstory,
Think I forgot to answer your qn. Yes, Chevelle is wearing Petpet M size. But when she's out, we let her wear Pampers.

happy_mummy,
I hv Facebook, can come find us on the Group " Singapore Motherhood AUG 2008"

shint,
hehe, this thread moves damn fast lo... Hehe, then vone will take tat one tray / slot.
MB u wana consolidate orders with other mummies living near u? Then it's cheaper per tray plus u get to mix flavours!
happy.gif

vone,
ok, so your order is amended, sent you an email w the revised amt too
happy.gif

valnsw,
I heard before and walk pass before but nv go in when i bring my #1 for her swimming by aquaduck near there and the other time is when i went to L'organic to buy vegetable for my #1.
My #1's quite a number of friends went before and they said is fun.
My hubby suggesting to hold my #1(3 years old) and #2(1 year old) birthday together at either go.go.bambini or explorerkids
Tempted to try their nail spa.

Halo Mommies!
On leave today to attend my #1’s S&D performance and then brgt her for her makeup piano class b4 meeting up with the other mommies. =P

Snow, Hisstory & Valnsw,
Nice meeting you and bbs today! Had a great chat. I continue to shop ard RC after that b4 gg over to MS to meet my hb for dinner…must give myself a pat on the back for handling both gals outside alone for 5hrs+!

Snow,
Thanks for helping to order the stuff again and for bringing it for me today. Kum Sia!

Twin Stars & Celyn,
My mom gave Mae pao sheng before every jabs too!

Twin Stars,
How is your gal now? Hope the fever has subside. Rotavirus is oral medication??

hi all,
was out whole day today so many post to catch up.

joanne,
the orbit baby stroller is actually an approved aircraft seat for bb. I think you should bring both a stroller and a sling/carrier. Bjorn i think has a travel bed for bb.

gayle,
you make me want to take out my sewing machine to learn how to use it.

re: maids
my maid also lately becoming very lazy.. and forgetful. Usually when we go out we always bring formula just in case i not around or if cant find nursing room. Today she pack the bottles, water , everything and forgot the milk powder. And she can argue say she did put into the bag. Hb went to the car and cannot find. come home then the container there, not even filled with formula. She nvr even put in the formula and she argue say she brought it out. Hb was so angry with her. And she getting more lazy, she cleans the superficial things only. Like kitchen cabinet she only clean the lower ones and the upper cabinet she never clean. That day I climb up to take things then i realize so sticky. So i know she never clean. I asked her and she say sometimes and give excuse say she cannot reach. I told her use the ladder. And smetimes is not an excuse.

Krex,
my maid eats whatever we eat when we go out. Or if we go places whereby order indiv food i will give her a few choices to choose from. Eg swensen then i will ask her want to eat fish or chicken, then order what she want lo. I dont let her choose from the menu's wide variety. haha In fact usually i take care of bb and she just carry on eating. Hb quite pissed off with that she buay zi dong. Must tell her to hurry up eat or she just carry on take her own time to eat. Cos usually i handle bb and unless no choice then i let her carry. So she just take it for granted that she carry on eating.

huichin,msapple,
today i went Fox and bought the 2 of the 2pc sets, 1 Pj, 1 blouse and 1 pink L/S + pants set. All in all spend less than $100 and got a free unbrella + $15 voucher. UOB got 15% disc somemore. Wanted to buy the green pants with the attached skirt (msapple, xiao A was wearing that in the pic in your blog) but my mom say the waistline elastic too tight so never buy. Feel so diff to shop there cos everything folded up. Plus was carrying bb so had to point and ask the salesgirl to open and show me whatever I wanted. heehee

celynlee: my son also have this problem. He rather go on a hunger strike than shoving the bottle down his mouth. When he see my boobs, he will know its milk time! I also dont know how.. but luckily i m a SAHM so can latch.. I read from other forum that u can try changing to NUK latex teat which is as soft as nipples. I havent try tho.. no time to go n buy.

Catherine,
I was so tempted to buy from Fox when I went in to browse in MS outlet...so many nice brown and purple stuff for bbs..drooling..so hard to stop myself...

Twin Stars, M2B,
Yep, Rotavirus is oral med.
happy.gif

PD says it tastes like water.
Btw, on the bottle of the panadol syrup, it says 'to consult doc if fever persists for 48 hrs'. hmm..i hope bb's fever has subsided by now..?

Valnsw,
haha yeah..and oso the part abt her luffing when u luff..so cute!!

timminbuzz
no worries.. we didn't see ur post, we waited awhile just in case u were late. And we were felt quite paiseh, coz u were the one who initiated the gathering & coz we didn't wait, felt like we 'abandoned' u

val
Yah it's so fun during the last part where they kind of conferenced together! *heheh* Then Ashley must be the one who ga jiao & eh for milk..

I am still letting her wear size S, but like wearing abit too low liao.. Think it's time to switch to M hor? I've also got pampers for her, but it seems a little too big.. Which is a smaller cut?

M2B
Well done!! U handled both of them on ur own for 5 hrs!! I only managed for 4hrs.. Hahah, at 5+ I called HB liao, cannot tahan oredi

Means Mae & Raine are good gers to mummy, didn't bully her.. Ashley woke up after 30min & then wailed like I was ill treating her

krex,
i can only cross my fingers n hope i'll loose weight.........(hopefully to my wedding weight!
sad.gif
) having said that, i jus ask hubby to buy back chips,hehe

M2B,
rotavirus is oral meds, not jab
next jab, i sure give her paoshen too. dun dare take the risk liao

M2B, reirei
today finally bb has no more fever! yeah :p
actually cos last night i gave her 9ml..rec dosage by my PD. b4 tat i only gave 5ml or 7ml cos i dun want her to take too much medication. my girl is a whopping 8kg now. i dun have to worry about mil carrying her already.....she can't carry her liao...to heavy. hahahaha

her cupboard is full of clothes n when i tried to let her wear some dresses meant for 3-6mths.....can;t even get thru her thighs lei! OMG. so sayang. she has sooooooooo many clothes which r long for her yet super tight at the waist n thigh. do wasted. looks like it;s time for me to do some alterations n modification to her clothes liao..........

funny thing is PD say my bb is of gd weight n proportionate n not overweight!!!! it's a miracle!

Ruixuan,
u told dr lim i complain about him saying i overfeed my bb is it? hehehe

hisstory,

u can try mamy poko. i find their cut smaller. es for the thighs but it can really hold for at least 3hrs. me going to upgrade my girl to L size diaper liao, sigh. thank god never buy in bulk

twin stars
U're hilarious... Hahah, coz ur ger is 8kg now, u no long hv to worry abt MIL carrying her.. My hb read ur post, he is so tickled too!!

I've got Mamy Poko too.. heheh! But my ger still using S size wor

twinstar
i told dr lim that our babies are seeing the same doctor and also had been overfed... he just laughed. anyway, he is a nice doctor...

von,
i will be placing order either sat or sun, so if you joining us then pls continue the list below...

AMEDA SPARE PARTS www.mommysown.com
Shint's order -
1. Ameda Pump Body/Flange Standard Size 25mm USD 8.49 x 2 units = USD$16.98
2. Ameda Silicone Tubing(HygieniKit) USD $4.29 x 2 = USD$8.58
Total : USD$25.56

Ruixuan's order -
1. Ameda Adapter Cap USD$0.90 x 2
2. Ameda Pump Body/Flange Standard Size 25mm USD$8.49 x 2
3. Ameda White Valve (for HygieniKit, and Manual Pump) USD$2.20 x 2
4. Ameda Tubing Adapter (HygieniKit) USD$0.60 x 1
5. Ameda Silicone Tubing (HygieniKit) USD$ 4.29 x 1
Total : USD$ (1.80 + 16.98 + 4.40 + 0.60 + 4.29)= $27.98

YLN
Ameda White Valve USD$2.20 X 2 = $4.40
Ameda Pump Body/Flange Standard Size 25mm USD$ 8.49 X 2 = $16.98
total: USD$21.98

Dongle's order -
1. Ameda Pump Body/Flange Standard Size 25mm USD 8.49 x 2 units = USD$16.98
2. Ameda Silicone Tubing(HygieniKit) USD $4.29 x 2 = USD$8.58
Total : USD$25.56

aurora's order:
1. Ameda Silicone Tubing(HygieniKit) USD $4.29 x 2 = USD$8.58
2. Ameda Adapter Cap USD$0.90 x 2 = USD$1.80
3. Ameda Tubing Adapter (HygieniKit) USD$0.60 x 1 = $0.60
4. Ameda White Valve USD$2.20 X 2 = $4.40
Total: USD$ 15.38

Shint,
i thought your block ducts ok aledi... mb you can call up TMC to ask if unsure? aiyo, must find time to pump at least once during work to ensure you dont kena blocked ducts again...

twin star,
wah... 8kg? yr arms must be aching... cayla is 6kg & my arms tremble after carrying her for some time...

hisstory,
huggies ultra size is quite small too... after finishing my huggies ultra S, i switch to pampers S which is quite big... will change to huggies ultra M after this...

hisstory,
hilarious? mayb it;s getting late n i'm tired taking care of bb that i talk nonsense liao. hee
now since mil can;t carry her, she keeps kissing baby;s hands n attempt to kiss her face n lips just now....since i am carying bb. guess she held back........think this is worst than carrying bb wo.....hiaz....haha

wah, yr girl still can wear S size?. mamy poko M size is tight for mine. so i use pet pet which is slightly bigger than mamy poko;s M size. even that is getting a little fitted. when i finish that pack i can buy mamy poko;s Lsize liao. i carry bb n grib her thighs until blueblack....oops ( if not i might drop her wo )

catherine,
bernice looks chubby too...S size can meh?
gosh...my girl sounds like a giant bb than
sad.gif

ruixuan,
yes he is a nice dr. always very patient. i jus find it strange that he didn;t nag at me this time for overfeeding n still say my girl is proportionate cos she is tall at 63.5cm. but this time i really never overfeed her she just kept growing...............oh no

twin stars
Aiyoh, u know it's late & u're starting to talk nonsense, go & koon k?? Georgine needs ur TLC to fully recover leh

Erm, kiss lips ah? Lots of germs.. Tt's strictly a no-no for me!

Yah, Ashley's still using S size.. Going to finish her PetPet S size, then prob move on to the M size. And possibly start MP s size & Pampers s size.. I figure Pampers cutting's the biggest of these 3?

U feel MP is smaller than PetPet ah? I let her use MP s size, and it leaked back then coz it was still a bit too big.. hmmm *confused*

heheh, u sure got blueblack anot?? Better to grip tight anyway!

Catherine,
So did you buy Fox the 2pcs outfit? Almost every week i will go fox see whether got new thing to buy or not cos every week will at least go GWC once so will drop by Fox. The salesgirl know my #1 hyperactive so i wont have the hand to open up the clothing also, so she alway help me with that and follow me to show me the clothes when i chasing after my #1 in the outlet. If i carry my #2 she will also help me with that unless i carry #2 using baby carrier or #1 using sling pouch then i dun need her help. hee

dongle,
yah i think huggies cutting is smaller, My girl is now wearing M size but pamper the size just right for her so she is still sticking to S size for pamper

Snow74
ok

faeriekim,
for the warmer on the go. I vey blur in organise spree one. How to do so in opening vpost?

Nini,
Thanks for the list of BM usage ....hehe,will take note on how to use unused FBM.

aurora,
Blocked duct oredi cleared but i guessed i started the pump strength too strong cos vv engorged when i returned home liaoz .... so turned on that time too high power, but i din feel the pain till i looked and saw pink.

Dongle,
Ya, me was about to go for a quick pump after quick lunch but met a colleague who started talking to me ... then no time, had to just do a quick pump.

msapple,
You vv LI HAI .... can bring both out. I bring one out oredi faintz.

BOOKFEST 2008 @ Suntec
Just went to bookfest yesterday .... and i find that it's quite good. At least for the children books quite alot has 20% and some has good deals.

Eg. Clifford Series ... my #1 love their books ... so far i had 2 sets at home cos jus bought a new set after he got discharged from hospital to make him feel better, shld have waited. it's having good discount .... org price $20.85, now selling @ $10.90

For those with #1s, can go check it out.
Anyone's toddler ard 2.5-3 yrs old is/was reading Clifford Series? I mean read to the toddler.

Electronics Fair & Bar fridge
Was there to check out mini bar fridge and mini hi-fi system but they not selling the mini bar fridge. Don't find the fair vv interesting, left within 15 mins. Maybe dun have good offer for the things i want.

Who has a mini bar fridge? What brand/model is recommended??
I thinking of getting the one slightly bigger than mini bar fridge ... around 1.2m high kind.
The super mini bar fridge can make ice well?

Dongle,
Thanks v much for all ur sharings, really appreciate it. I will have to decide soon. Thanks! =)

Catherine,
Yeah i know, but our stroller really very bulky le..sigh. N i only have pupsik sling, not the carrier kind. N after wearing winter clothes i dont think can still use the pupsik sling le, too tight. N i dont wanna buy bjorn carrier just to use for few days..sigh..

Re: Bjorn Carrier
Can i kindly check if anyone has a bjorn carrier that dont mind lending me for a few days from 13dec to 18dec??

Looks like last night was v happening!

hisstory,
U asked me if I let Chevelle use Petpet M size, yes she does and it's cos S size abit tight on her waist, more than tight on her thigh.
When she uses M size, actually not that tight on her thighs, quite loose leh...
Pampers cutting is big cos she uses Pampers S size.

little twin stars,
Gd to hear Georgine's fever has gone down!
happy.gif

Wow she is a growing gal, absorbing all the gd stuff! As for slimming down, just eat more healthily, U should be able to do it! U concerned abt losing the flab or weight or both?
I think flab is more noticeable, so I more concerned with this, rather than the weight which ppl cannot tell.
I think I still hv 6.5kg to go based on my last weight check.

reirei,
I was kinda surprised that Chevelle would react this way. Sometimes, I think she knws what we adults are telling her. BTW, saw your new pix in your FB! Cute!

msapple,
THks for e feedback on go.go.bambini. Gd leh, at least your hubby thought of organising party for your darlings' bdays. My hubby damn laid back. Wonder if he thought of anything.

hisstory,
Give a pat on your back for handling Ashley and for bringing her out too!
I had to bring a maid in tow wor. If I brought bb alone, I prob won't hv a chance to eat. Hee, u saw for yourself.

M2B,
Yup, great catching up yday, especially all the tidbits of info we shared w each other.

Snow,
Next time if hv gathering hopefully can bring Zynn wor, Chevelle wants to see her fellow Olympian baby friend ;P

RE: Maids
So far, when I bring maid out, is to bring bb swimming and yday just one outing.
So I can only comment base on yday. Would get her to eat at home first before coming out. Got her a drink when outside.
If in future, prob will order food for her, would not let her hv a choice.

Hmmm, I realised I forgot to teach the maid how to use escalator.
Think snow got a shock (and me as well) that she almost couldn't handle going up e escalator.
Is my bad, must teach them how to use escalator if they're handling the stroller.

krex,
I think giving hp is no-no. Just being abit lax, they will take chance to do funny things.
Like e old maid, I duno why my mum give her salary in cash, tat gave her e chance to buy a handphone (even tho she has no off day). Then when my mum wanted to send her back, she called 999.
That's why yday I had to bring my maid out when meeting snow, M2B and hisstory. Cos also dowan her to be alone in the house and talk to other maids behind. Especially maids who are bad influence. If the neighbouring maids are ok, I can close one eye.

Catherine,
U mean UOB cardmembers has 15% off for the sets too? Cos I remember Tampines outlet selling the 2 sets at $29, so if they hv further discount, then I think is a great buy.

ruixuan,
U going for e gathering on 22 Nov at vone's place right?
If you are going, can I trouble you to bring 2 tins of Enfalac A+ if I buy them from you? Remember you're selling at $33+ each?

hisstory / M2B,
where did you get the stockings or leggings? Perhaps I shd get a few pairs too.

msapple,
ya i bought 2 sets. one sleeveless one and the other one cannot remember now washing. heehee. Actually I prefer gap to fox. Somehow fox very messy. Or I think the paragon outlet very messy. Parkway seems better. But their waist cutting always very tight.

val,
no further discount for UOB card. But i think now it's $26 for 2 sets.

Catherine,
Me too prefer Gap to Fox, just that Fox is at GWC that i often go, so can shop for fox clothing more often.
Me gonna go GAP soon, since they got new design and e-voucher for purchasing at discounted price

Shint,
I think is common to see strawberry milk?

val
Will poo leak if PetPet is loose at her thighs ah? I'm abit worried wor, esp when we go out & forget to pack an extra romper for her.. Kena a few times like tt

I think somehow we will become a seasoned Yang Guo, can do lotsa things with 1 arm.. After her feed & nap of 30min, she started to fuss. So i had to carry her with 1 arm & push the stroller with the other..

Must train ur maid how to use stroller on escalator.. Hb & I took a few times to trial & error, now quite okie, even if i handle it myself. Did Chevelle get a shock?

I got it at Kiddy Palace, but i think Robinsons also has the brand. It's Goldbug..

Re: diaper
my boy using mamy poko size M too.. but its kinda tight at the thigh there.. Fitti size M is v tight at the waist leh.

Back