i PM u liao
happy.gif
..just need one bottle..
happy.gif
thanx ar..

yuuri

wah, u're also another mummy who regained ur weight so very quickly!! *envy*

M2B

So coincidental tt u & HB share the same bday! But then maybe for ur gers it wun be so enjoyable for them.. *heheh* 1 bday cake less for them to blow out the candles.. *kekeke*

I'm looking fwd to fitting into my fave berms, tops & dresses.. Shall get the binder!!

Hi Mummies! Long time no talk n see! Finally found some time to myself while bb is Zzz-ing away. Hahaaa...

Got so much to catch n read up, hope i can be back tmr to do so. It's been a super tiring and busy period for me. Think going to be a panda soon! LOL.

Here's a quick type of my birth story:

2 Aug 2008, Sat - 6am
Went to pee as usual at 6am. Was shocked to see some discharge. Knew it could be the 'show', so i smsed Interrace, and checked with her if hers was like that.

2 Aug 2008, Sat - 6:48am
Felt very mild contractions like menses cramp. Instinct told me to monitor for an hr or so then see how(anyways clinic will only be open at 9am). The mild contractions were consistent on the average of 2-5mins. Become stronger by the hr.

2 Aug 2008, Sat - 9:10am
Called gynae's clinic and checked with the nurse. Said she'll call my gynae and check with him the next step. 5mins later, she called back and said Doc told me to admit straight to Eastshore. I was like, whoa! LOL.

2 Aug 2008, Sat - 10.15am
Reached Eastshore and did admission procedures. Was in Labour ward by 10.30am. Midwife (i think) put me on the drip to make contractions come faster as instructed by gynae.

2 Aug 2008, Sat - 12:30pm
While waiting for my gynae, i heard next labour ward got woman whining and screaming. Goodness! Then Gynae arrived. Came to check - i was only 3cm dilated. He din warn me - and burst my water! Not the bursting painful, but the cervix check painful! LOL.

2 Aug 2008, Sat - 4pm
Started using the laughing gas, but din work for me leh. Very intense contractions started coming in. Hubby was very encouraging, told me to 'breathe in, out, in out'. Haha. But it was PAINFUL!!! Seriously! But i tahan n so no Epi for me. Nurse came to check and told me not to tahan anymore, ask if i wanna use jab on my right thigh n i agreed. Gynae came to check again n i was abt 8cm dilated. 2cm more to go!

2 Aug 2008, Sat - 5+pm
Super contractions came in - PAIN!!! Whoa...cannot tahan siah! Every min was like torturing! Nurse said can push liao, so push and push and push. Duno how many pushes - i lost count! It was such excruciating pain, i almost gave up! Like i was wondering how can i EVER push bb out?? I was also wondering when the hell Doc will SNIP me. Hahah. 2 Nurses, n my hubby was there. One of them was assisting to push bb out from my tummy - i couldn't care less anyways. Gynae finally came and started his work. Told me to try harder. I think i lost too much energy trying the initial pushes. Then, i heard gynae said," I think her BB need some help. I was wondering, vacuum? Forceps? No way! So one FINAL PUSH, my Baby Princess Falisha is out at 1737hrs! LOL. What surprised me was that, she's only 2.73kg at 48cm. Imagine less than 3kg aredy so hard to push, whatmore bigger bbies? Hahah...Straightaway i tot...Mums are the greatest! I am a proud Mummy who went Al-Natural! hehe..

Here's a pic of my bb at the hospital.

1615389.jpg
1615390.jpg

huichin, congrats and really interesting to hear your labour story! Whoa! No epi! Strong mummy!

dongle,
i will get the milk bags fm www.breastisbest.com then. btw, my understanding is correct, rite? i mean, when they say 25 per box , 4x, = 100 bags rite?
also, until now, i dunno wat is the use of playtex liners. u mind explaning?

i want to order 1 bottle of fenugreek n 1 box of the tea.

tml will be at work, so if u need fast reply, pls sms me. i PM u my mp no. :D

YLN, the spree doing the milkbag asking for 1.46 as exchange rate. :S tot now the usd is dropping like seow? i see some mommies asking for 1.44 my jaw oredi dropping...

dongle,
what's the exchange rate you're using?? shipping via vpost? Which websites do I look at?? Thanks

Huichin,
Great job on natural delivery!! My twins also delivered naturally with no epidural. (",) I hope my #3 also can. Hopefully will not exceed 3kg. If not I also really wonder how to "squeeze" baby out. My twins only 1.8kg each. Baby Falisha is very cute. Looks abit ang mo leh..

Dongle,

I would like to order 1 bottle of fenugreek too. Will drop you a PM on my order.

Also would like to get Ameda valves as spare. But not sure how many to buy oh ? Get 2 as spare is good enough ? Not sure should get other Ameda parts or not.

M2B,
btw, got teach you how to massage for baby or 1 session of baby massage?? & help to increase milk supply? Like massaging the breast area, to clear "blockage"

Shint,

Upon looking further, it seems to me that the flexi shield and super shield is just different. Think I want to get the super shield le.

Regarding the breast pump valves, just check with you if we are advised to remove the valve during sterilizing and everytime we wash after every use.

Dear mummies,

I have the following items for sales.

1) Bumbo seat @ $45. Very good condition in box and used less than 10X. Color: Aqua.

2) MomsInMind baby sling @ $10. Good condition

3) Hanging mobile for baby cot @ $8.

Self collect at Punggol MRT. Interested buyers, pls text 96510417. Thanks.

1615939.jpg

earnestmum,
dr ang din tell me abt her trip when i saw her last week for the wound review... my next appt is 1.5 mths later for pap smear... she likes to talk abt my SIL but stops at details cos she say it's Dr's etiquettes not to comment abt her patients...

YLN, Yuuri,
i read that some earlier month mummies mix the same day's liquid EBM & freeze them together... but not add liquid ones on top of frozen ones... im also buying the playtex ones so that if my EBM really very little, i can use those 1st...

valnsw,
the valve is here:
http://www.breastisbest.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=21856

the rest of the accessories:
http://www.breastisbest.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=4

im thinking of buying these:
http://www.breastisbest.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=21855&strVarSel=&strCompare=

http://www.breastisbest.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=12&strVarSel=&strCompare=

i saw the june mummies order their parts from here:
http://www.mommysown.com/shop/Ameda-mid-6-p-1.html

faerie,
ok, will order for u... yup, 4 x 25 =100 bags... from wat i read, for playtex liners, you need a rubber band or clip to tie the opening so i heard they might leak, some mummies use double liners to prevent still cheaper than other bags... for lansinoh bag, got double ziplock, so wont leak so easily... other experienced mummies, correct me if im wrong...

babywise,
is this the supershields u interested in?
http://www.breastisbest.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=12

ok, i will consolidate all orders tomo nite, will email all when done...

kel,
my exchange rate is whatever the bank charge me la... USD keep increasing these few days, think today is 1.383, if bank add abt 3% service charge, shld be ard 1.42449.. yes, via vpost... i only ordered from drugstore.com b4... other websites no experience... that's why need some recommendations wor...

Sigh... I couldn't get to sleep since 1.45am so here I am reading the posts
sad.gif

Thought I was hungry, went to eat one piece of bread, peed twice liao but still wide awake!

huichin,
Congrats on baby Falisha!
happy.gif

She looks abit ang mo, remember you mention your hubby's muslim right?

dongle,
Have PMed you my orders. I guess for collection, I will probably work it out with you again.

Faeriekim,
yup the exchange rate now higher. around 1.38,
Can refer to: http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

I'm quite impressed with the moms here, especially first-time moms! It makes me feel so ashamed cos i didnt really know what to buy...What is breast storage bags, how to store breast milks.. All these, i didnt know.. And now i read bit by bit then i know abit.. I feel so ashamed of myself! Aiyoh, think i will ka-lang-ka-bo when my bb arrives..

Anyways, i intend to give my bb half BM n half FM cos i think i wont let him starve.. Until i m completely breastfeeding, then i stop the FM... Is it ok? As for storage, heard u all put in freezer? Wont that be "not fresh" already? For EBM, we store in fridge n must be completed within 1 day? Do we store the milks in glass bottles better right?

HuiChin,
Congrats! Ang Mo kid is my first impression
happy.gif

hehe. Admire u for no epi, i sure die one.
For my #1, after gynae broke water bag and contraction just started for 30 mins, I asked EVERY nurse who comes around when I am getting my epi .. scared I dun get it in time and I cannot endure the pain .... hahaha.

faeriekim
ya ..i noticed the diff in rates as well..but i think nebermind lar..just buy what i need to...
happy.gif

dongle
i asked my gynae abt the storage of milk...and that was what he said leh...he said not to mix the EBM after each pump...but i supposed if its kept in the fridge section and not the freezer section, can be done bah...but i think i will still separate them..thats y im buying more...

YLN,
If u are keeping in the fridge section, then why use storage bag? so wasteful. Use bottles can liao la .. that's what i did previously.

I put each pump into different bottles, then i pour out whatever needed for the feed(i mix from 2 bottles if one pump is not enough) to warm up ...

Never use storage bag before cos never had enough. haha. Dunno want to buy to standby not .. keke.

Shint,

Dont worry. Think your "reunion" would be as you planned :D

Huichin,

Princess Falisha is amazing! Very sweet.

Milk Bags:
I already ordered from one of the shopping spree and it got delivered to me yesterday.

hi mummies,
wana ask those that popped, have your bb cord dropped ? mine last nite when i was changing her i realized gone !!! and then i cannot find it !!! hahaha (i think i'm such a blur mom) .. dono where lei
sad.gif
She was born on 28th july, is it too early ? it still looks abit raw lei the belly button, should i let her wear the tummy binder ?

hi mommies,

wow, very tough to follow the msgs... so many of them!

catherine,

my bb was also born on 28 jul, the cord dropped on monday! I asked the dr and she said it's still moist and to let it dry up by itself, so i guess not very good to use binder leh.

dongle,
i'm having the same stress as you, but in 2 opposite forms. my girl now is having bm + top up with fm. Hubby will nag to give her more fm cos he say bm not enuf. Despite me trying to explain to him about the demand and supply thing, but i think when he sees his princess crying and screaming away no logic senses anymore. My mom is opposite, keep nagging me that not enuf bm for her, must give more bm .. aiyo like as thou i dont want to hv more bm. she thinks bm is like tap, switch on and will have
sad.gif
damn stressed with them both.

I PM you abt the fenugreek already.

valnsw,
ohhh i so remember the days before i popped when i couldnt sleep .. hahaha .. now also cannot sleep but for diff reasons.. hahaha

kmom,
thanks ok.. but i still cannot find the cord
sad.gif

Babywise,
It seems that we should not sterilise the valve too often else it spoils too quickly - only sterlise once a day wo.

After use, just use hot water to wash it ... he says. And pulling out the valve oso must be careful. Can call up Infantree to enquire.

Tomorrow is your BIG day eh ..... have a safe and smooth delivery.

PumpingPal ... can we order direct from them? i emailed them to ask how ... u know?

Catherine,
For you, I think you couldn't sleep cos you were v excited, since you already knw when your gal is coming.
For me, maybe it's a combination of the chocolates I ate before sleeping (duno why suddenly wana eat something sweet) and maybe just wondering when baby is coming out.

I actually slept at 10.45pm last night but woke up 1.45am this morning
sad.gif
Think my hubby kena woken up by me too :p

Reirei, nini and all other mummies waiting:
maybe this article will be helpful on how first phase of labor will feel.
http://www.family.sg/BIRTH/2006/07/11/en-us/0000001/article.aspx

Hi Mummies

Snow
Bet your hubby must be quite excited to see yr lil gal.Only one more day to go : ) Let us know if the 3d scan is accurate anot k? Hehe. Meanwhile take care.

Valnsw
Thanks. Heng my boy better already now so at least I can get some rest. Btw you still going to be induced, or waiting for bb to come out naturally?

Celyn
Hey congrats!

Huichin
Yr gal really looks mixed.. hehe! And yes I must agree east shore delivery floor very scary one... can hear all the mummies screaming.. My first experience, it was so stressful. Haha!

Shint,

Which means everytime we want to wash or sterilize also have to pull up the valve ar ?

Like that I think have to spare quite a few valves.

Regarding the pumping pal, I think Dongle can order for us.

http://www.breastisbest.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=12

Yeah...tomorrow is my big day...checking into TMC at noon, have to start fasting at 1pm, will be push to OT at 7:30pm to administer epi. Baby expected to be deliver at 8pm...
happy.gif
)

medusa,
gd to hear your boy's better. I didn't call Dr Heng to induce. Thinking to let bb come out naturally but my mum said maybe I shd just induce cos she see I so xin ku.
Been telling bb to come out tomorrow or after that.
Been feeling the crampiness and tummy hardness/tightness the past 2 days.

medusa/huichin,
Wa.. the way you all say East Shore delivery wards is like damn scary manz.. Somemore we delivering in lunar 7th mth hor..

babywise,
jiayou! Your baby will be one of the 080808 babies.
Heh... did you plan for your baby to be delivered at 8pm? ;)

snow / megan,
Your turns tomorrow too right? Ganbatte! update us on your darlings!

Hui Chin,
Congrats! Ur baby princess so pretty! Sure a lot of admirers when she grows up!
happy.gif

To mummies who r delivering soon,
Jiayou and have a smooth delivery!
happy.gif

kel,
you are at the right link.

Just need to login using your singpass after your 3-mth maternity leave, within 84 days after that, to claim the last 4 wks.

http://fcd.ecitizen.gov.sg/GovernmentPaidMaternityLeave/OnlineSubmission/Maternity+Leave+Reimbursement.htm
Click the link for self-employed mothers and then you can login using Singpass to submit your claim.
If you have lodged in your income tax assessment for last year, think they can check with IRAS to reimburse you the last 4 wks, prob wil base on average mthly income.

You need to submit hardcopy of GML4 if you want to credit the $ to your POSB or DBS acc.
If you have UOB or OCBC acc, think no need to submit this form.

Can always call up MOM if you have any queries:
http://fcd.ecitizen.gov.sg/GovernmentPaidMaternityLeave/ContactUs/

HTHs!

Hi valnsw,
Thanks. But the number they provided is a CPF board number. I'm still trying to contact them. If never lodged in income tax last year, can submit monthly statements?? If can claim self-employed paid maternity leave would be best. I didn't know about this, until you posted the article above & I was searching the website. Thanks.
happy.gif

valnsw: im also self employed.. But last year income tax not much..and morever i quit my previous job already and join a new co few months back. Not sure if i can submit monthly statement too?

kel / nini,
I think should be able to, at least that's what I heard. But best is to call and confirm with MOM or CPF.
Cos if they dowana accept my IRAS assessment for last yr, then I also gona dig out my mthly statement leh... V ma fan.

Actually I only login to explore what they require. Think you can login to see what info they require. You can still logout and not submit yet.

val,
you work in CPF ah? You seem to know alot! But THANK YOU for explaining cos I never knew self-employed can claim paid maternity leave!! Woots! So assuming maternity leave is taken from birth...we can only submit 3mths from (roughly) now, issit?

Catherine,
Our kids got the same birthday and my son's cord dropped on Tues. Luckily it was while he was in hospital or else I sure blur blur like you, lose the cord! :p Your PD should have given you some powder to put on it?

Yuuri,
no la... I don't work in the CPF. *bleahs*
Truth be told, I also didn't know, until I was reading the Sept thread and some mummies were discussing about claiming maternity paid leave.

What I found out:
Only thing abt self-employed is we can claim only the last 4 wks of the 12 wks ML, for both 1st and 2nd child, up to max of $10K each child.
Only for 3rd and 4th child, then can claim for 12 wks, up to max of $30K each child.
So we lugi the 1st 2 mths of ML for first-time mummies.

Well, when I called up the hotline, it seems that you submit after your maternity leave is up.

But then it's really up to you how you wana time your maternity leave la... Cos I thought MOM regulations for employed staff, can take ML earliest 1 mth before due date and the remaining 2 mths after due date. There's some flexibility there for employed staff. Not so sure abt self-employed.

sibei sianz... jus now after some mouthfuls of lunch, I vomitted it out
sad.gif
Gahh.... I'm getting cranky liao.

Duno if eat too fast or I cannot stomach anything much.

Anybody noticed you getting abit nauseous? I felt kinda nauseous the past few days, but never really vomit anything. Shoot... hope MS not coming back.

Then saw my mail come in, got the Karihome samples I requested.
The sweeties taste weird leh...

Valnsw
No scared, no scared.. Hehe.
No la it is just that dunno is it the walls very thin within the delivery suite so hor you can actually hear quite in details the mummies screaming in pain one.. My first time i so stressed cos I was in there a long time and then one after another after I hear the mummies go "F**k" or "S**t".. then later can hear the babies' cries after that.. hehe! Then there I was waiting and waiting and then bb still not ready to be out... : p

About nauseous... yes I have been getting that very often. For 2 nites, I vomitted out my dinner.. also dunno why.

Hi Mummies,

I'm a Aug 07 mom. just saw an earlier post on ameda pump, i've been using it for total EBM for 1 yr. the cheapest place to get replacement parts is through www.mommysown.com Valves are US$2.20 only. You can join sprees to band together to buy.

valnsw,
very lugi rite. Only can claim 4weeks maternity leave. This is my 3rd child but considered as 2nd confinement. Hai. They will not accept this year statements rite? My income this year is more. Last year 1st half of the year still employed under an electronic company. Anyway, thanks. We shall submit together after baby is born rite? Then if I need help will post on this thread, we can discuss how to go about submitting everything.

kel,
I think you can submit this yr's monthly income statements. Just gota check with MOM or CPF how to go about it.

I'm still contemplating which one (last yr's IRAS assessment or this yr's mthly statement) to submit too ;)

no worries, when it's time to do it, we can check on each other.

BTW, don't mind me asking, why this is considered your 2nd confinement if you're having your 3rd child? Maybe you can check if your situation is so, can still claim under 3rd child or not.

medusa,
sian right? Thought the vomitting shd be over but end up still have this
sad.gif

Oh, so its all the swearing and thin walls la.. haiz.. I wonder if I'll be like that too. Think when you're pain, anything goes!

haiz.. i go get my power nap liao.... last night not enough sleep
sad.gif
gona become panda mummy liao.

valnsw,
I called in to the number you gave me. Spoke to the cpf board staff. confinement meaning pregnancy I guess. My 1st pregnancy was a pair of twins mah. Now 2nd pregnancy 3rd child. But the staff says it's 2nd confinement. I feel so cheated man.

But I check with CPF, the girl like blur blur. Say need iras assessment leh. Can't use monthly statements.

Back