(2008/08) Aug 2008

hi mommies,

i am a nursing bra junkie. Tried and tested many bras...mention 2 and u ladies might want to go try and see for yourself.

Emma Jane nursing bras from mums and babes are good, no underwire but no padding, can see nipple!!

OIO nursing bras - they got soft wire nursing bras, design also not bad, very comfy! Keeps our 2 sisters together so they won't grow apart!!! The outlet at KKH sales lady is very nice, not pushy. But dun buy their maternity clothes... abit old fashion! Bras a bit ex also but ask for those on sale. I bought 2 bras 2 mths back got 30% discount, worked out to be around $50 each. Worth the price.

Nini,
sorry to hear about what happened. Men tend to be quite insensitive to our emotions, plus the fact that he didn't get much sleep kinda aggravates the situation. I also ever cried when my hubby shouted at me. But I think once you tell them why you cried, I think they also know it's their fault. So kiss and make up ya?
Anyway, it's comforting to know your bb is ok right? Think that makes up for everything.

shay,
so u did your DS at East Shore Hospital and you paid $181.90 only? hmm looks like mine is $222 according to the nurse.
What kind of questions to ask? Sorry me no experience in this? Now that you mention, if hubby can go, I'll ask him to go too.. hehe

Julie,
2 weeks ago, I saw some bras that had underwire at the OIO Tampines branch but they looked like norm bras. Maybe I should check it out again. Thks!
Heh... I bought one OIO maternity dress on sale, ya now kinda regret cos looks abit old fashioned and long. Maybe will wear that in 3rd trimester when tummy is bigger.

Re: Robinson sale at Raffles City
I didn't get to look at much cos I went straight to bra section.

Ratatouille,
sorry didn't check the Ameda pumps. I think I read somewhere in the June'08 MTB thread that somebody got the Ameda pumps packaged with something at $320 at Isetan. You may want to check that out.

Little twin star,
Checked out Jockey brand, seems quite ok and comfy, nipples did not show/protude but abit expensive at $29.90 before 20% discount.

Nursing bra:
THe Robinsons saleslady showed me this Eternity/Impression brand nursing bra, quite comfy $9.90 before 20% off.

The thing is I didn't know the private member sale starts at 6.30pm, so what I did was to reserve the piece and go back later to make payment.
Lucky I did that, cos at 6.30pm I saw lots of people queueing to go in for the private sale.

The thing that left me fuming was that when I returned at 10pm to make payment, the person gave me the wrong size. Luckily, I noticed it and made her change.But then when I reached home, I realised she gave me a non-nursing bra!!! *@%$@ Sorry for the ranting..

Anyway, I just tried the bra. It's ok so I decided I forget about changing it although I will be around there tomorrow.

For those mummies who are at the in between stage, maybe you want to conside this Eternity/Impression brand. It's near the Jockey brand.

i saw this info on another thread..

Motherhood Exhibition
Date : 5-8 June 2008
Venue : Singapore Expo Hall 5A

just nice for us i think
happy.gif

nini,
don't be upset. man are like that.

any mummies face this problem, my maternity pants can't sit on my waist properly, it keep slipping down. how to solve?

morning ladies, managed to go through the long posts only this morning. yesterday suddenly very busy with work.

Nini, do take care of youself and bb. stay positive

thanks rata for updating my info

well for me the currrent bra is still ok though a little bit tight..

celynlee,
well for me same problem, i will pull the pants up once in a while. but issit it suppose to sit below our waist?

Nini,
Cheer up ok? Sometimes men just can’t understd what we are gg through in pregnancy. For me, I find that I have become rather independent, 1st and 2nd pregnancies, normally I will visit gynae alone only on DS or any special checks then hb will follow…even Oscar I went myself…heehee, told my frens I like single mother like that…

Hope you are feeling better today. :p

Shay,
Yap, the sonographer happened to be the same 1 who did my Oscar test for me…she wasn’t friendly during my Oscar Test but was rather friendly during my DS (maybe coz my gal was there)…hb and and my gal stayed with me throughout the scan…

robinsons sale:
nothing much to buy. centrepoint one is big but can't suitable stroller and car seat. already bought bb accessories like nail clipper, comb, etc. so ended up just buying a swaddler that was going at 20% discount.

motherhood exhibition:
do u think they have the same stuff again? this time must go earlier and on first day, haha. i only bought gaia toiletries the last time. very ex, but i like the smell and fact that it's organic. anyone using this brand now?

oh yes, was quite impressed with the nappy shop...think it's called bum wear or something. anyone using cloth diapers? i'm still contemplating, esp when bb is older, but i think for newborns, will use disposable lah, since they shit so often.

celyn,
if u buy pants that have the large waistband and allow you to do one fold, two fold and full fold, it shld fit quite snugly. the other type where u can pull the garther and button up at the appropriate slot tends to be loose initially coz' we're not "fat" enough yet. it will also look a bit crumpled, so u need to wear long tops to cover up the scrunch. that's my experience with maternity pants. but overall ok lah, won't drop.

Morning ladies!

NiNi
forget about the men when its out of the usual routine bah, sometime they just ain that flexible. =P
same as M2B, i'm those independent type also.
even last preggy when my bb is not moving and i need to goto my gynae's clinic asap, i also went alone.
i dun like hb to keep nagging next to me, it doesn't help by dragging hb there...hee hee...

celyn
ya lor, maternity pants and panties keep sliding down.
think as our tummy gets rounder, it will slip down even faster ya?

haha thanks all! i bought bb posters to remind me to stay positive for my "special someone"
happy.gif

Snow, not that i not independent but my hubby insisted coming along n YET he give me a black face throughout...ding dong rite?

Btw, 3D scan den can see bb face? Normal gynae scan cannot see clearly?

krex78 and snow74,
thanks for the info. i don't like the feeling of pants keep slipping. so i seldom wear pants, usually wear dress unless i run out of it.

i just throw out. not my breakfast but gastic juice. so uncomfortable.

celyn,
oh no what happened? Hope you are feeling better after vomitting out.
I know how horrible gastric juice tastes.. maybe u can take some mentos to ease off the corrosive/acidic taste in your throat and soothe it.

haha, i wear more pants than dress coz' dress so expensive and can only wear once. for pants, i wear the same one 2x a week. just need to get more tops to go with the pants.

valnsw
thanks for the info, which robinsons did u go to as i don't see them selling any nursing bras lei. wil check it out this wkend
happy.gif

celynlee
the only maternity pants i get are those "yoga" waistband type that allows u to fold down below the waist or fold up to cover tummy. so far the most comfortable. mothers n vogue sell them. the rest that i tried are not comfy lei. baby will kick me to voice her displeasure. hehe. alot of maternity pants are either just nice when u stand up but tight when u sit down etc.or comfy when u sit down n drop down when u stand up. haha

ohoh u can buy the bella band... i bought it when my clothes don;t fit and have not found suitable maternity pants yet

nini
just manage to read yr posting. i like yr attitude! u still manage to crack jokes even when u are sad. don;t be affected by yr hubby. sometimes all they r too engross with work or tiredness in their head, they forgot we are preg. then when they remember, they will put back their nurturing self again. it takes alot of effort for a super tired man to be caring.... excuse him la. it's jus a one off thinggi. but u take care ok, don;t be hurt hor. ly baby needs u
happy.gif

wow...so many postings....

<font color="0000ff">Shay</font>
i think TMC's sonographer generally is frenly. The one that did my Oscar also was nice.
wah your DS quite expensive ya. But i think because you got 3D scan at the end. Mine don't have leh.

<font color="0000ff">NiNi</font>
glad to hear ur bb is doing fine. Ya like the others said don't be sad, all men are like that. Especially so when they are busy or sick. Men generally cannot multi-task, only 1 thing can occupy their mind at 1 time. When my hubby is super busy, he will ignore me leh.

<font color="0000ff">Rata</font>
i remember reading from a mummy in June thread said she asked the Robinsons salesperson, she said Ameda breastpump is controlled item, thus not entitled to the 20% discount.
previously when u said got discount, did u ask does it apply to the breastpumps?

<font color="0000ff">YLN</font>
hee.....i posted the same info on the Motherhood Exhibition in this thread a few weeks ago...

But I heard from my frens whom went last year, they say is disappointment. They say more suitable for already mothers. Alot of activities for older kids.

valnsw,
thanks. i do feel better after vomitting but it had been a long time since i last vomitted. now still a bit blur blur.

krex78,
yah, dresses are ex but they are the most comfortable.

Hello all mummies.... So elated to see all mummies advancing nearer toward their 2nd trimester, I hope I getting there soon.

dear mummies,

anyone know where to get t-shirts that say "baby under construction"?? been finding one for the longest time.

I agreed that TMC's sonographer are very friendly. Mine chat with me and ask me how many weeks I give birth my # 1 and what is the weight of birth of my #1 even though she is scanning my #2. haha.
She also show bb's lips, eyes, nose etc to me.
Aiyo, she mention I can close shop liao when she show me the gender, one boy and one girl but I told her boy or girl I also close shop. My scan was about half an hour and she also spent sometimes to do her measurment.
My next appt is next monday....seem like very long.

Sorry to ask even I am 2nd MTB. Is this the last scan (DS) we do at hospital? Later all appt and scan will be like normal at gynae?
Cos my first pregnancy, I still do DS as the first DS not so good. This second time, if everything okay means no more DS till birth right?

<font color="0000ff">Rata</font>
not sure yet. Still haven't decided... But if i decided to get a dual electric pump, I'll get Ameda.

<font color="0000ff">HewChen</font>
hee...u got typo in ur posting? I think u mean 3rd trimester, rite? All of us Aug08 MTBs are already into 2nd trimester.

nini,
sometimes i also get emotional when hubby "fa pi qi" with me or show me black face... but i "poke" him back by complaining to my bb that papi no good to me then he stop what he's doing... but sometimes this may backfire when he is really in a foul mood... your hb love &amp; sayang you enuff to accompany you to go gynae, if not, i dont think he will bother right? my hb always countdown to the number of days b4 my gynae visit &amp; he's very excited to see my princess on the scan... i also think that your hb's job timing also aggravate the whole situation... i heard of other MTB hb having to take leave to accompany them to visit gynae &amp; im so grateful that my hb dont need to...

mulberry, rat,
im also interested in the ameda pump... see whether the promo is good enuff to entice me to buy before delivery or not...

re ameda pumps
ya know when i went to order my ameda pump at the singapore expo..i actually asked the incharge why there wasn't much local reviews about ameda pumps..they said its relatively new ..so that's y not much review locally...but alot of raves in US...i guess with more of us considering to use it...can help to write review le...heehee
happy.gif

rat..ya..i want to clear the expensive items bit by bit...now i got the pumps..looking out for playpens , strollers and carseat...then budget wise not to shiong...imagine buy all at one go...big hole in wallet..

Hi I just joined this portal today. So I still quite new.

I have a question. I wish to breast feed my baby. But I am wondering if I can breat feed him during the day and give him formula for the night? My mother tell me that the baby will "lao sai" Is that true?

Thanks.

Yes, Rata &amp; Mulberry... I'm getting blur nowadays... into 3rd trimester i meant. Did anyone heard about pregnancy depression? I'm suspecting I going to be one of them. Just gotten into a terrible phone arguement with my boss again... till i could feel chest pain &amp; i cried whenever i think of it!

valnsw,
actually i also dunno exactly wut to ask so i only ask wut the portion that she is scanning and is it normal loh. i also asked if the lips is ok (cos they do check for clef pallet). But even if u dun ask, the report will tell u if everthing is normal so no need to worry.

krex,
My boy and nice is using bumwear. Boy has been using since ard 6 mths and my niece only use it at night (cos she's already 4 tis yr).I find it cool and convenient cos I dun need to put on pants for my boy when we go out (unless we go shopping or function). I like the design but the flip side is after a while it tend to stink after a pee. Checked with the salesperson and she said i hv to do a strip wash every 3 mths. She asked me to wash it with diswashing liquid (mama lemon kind) and rince it in washing m/c for a few rounds w/o detergent. I did it and it help only a little ba. Other than that i kinda love it. Just about the starter package at expo. So, total i have 12pcs - 2pcs for my niece; 6 for my son and 4 for bb.

I bought Mustela 2 in 1 hair &amp; body wash from the bb fair for $18.80 each. It's w/o the cancer causing agent - Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) and the smell is superb...love it! Sud have bought more but sil said robinson is selling ard that price during sale.

mulberry,
I so stupid le, I forgot to ask for a copy of the 3D scan! Only rmb when i got home too late liao ba...
sad.gif

valnsw,
rmb to ask for a copy of the 3D scan - dunno if they will give but no harm trying. dun be stupid like me ha.

mulberry/YLN,
I was at the motherhood fair last yr - nothing much. I ended up subscribed for the motherhood magazine only. Think will go again this June to see if there's any new stuffs.

hewchen,
my SIL has got severe pregnancy depression &amp; i din get to see for the whole 9 months... she hid herself in her room &amp; din eat solid food for 5 to 6 months... maybe each condition is different cos she was traumatised by her #1 when she tried natural delivery but cannot then proceed to C-section... she also had some problems with her parents and sister who were in financial hardship... she din want #2 and was refered to a psychologist... she told me that her gynae (which is mine also) gave her a lot of emotional support throughout... maybe you would like to talk to gynae 1st?

shay,
Thanks for the info. Will try to remember to ask for the 3D scan. Me tend to have short-term memory nowadays.

little twin stars,
I went to the Robinsons at Raffles City. The Jockey brand abit ex if for short term use, so I feel the Eternity/Impression brand is more value for money, plus also have nursing bra.

hewchen,
your boss sounds terrible leh. Must stay calm and positive for your bb's sake ya? Cheer up!

mulberry/ratatouille/dongle,
Think so far YLN and I got the Ameda pumps from the Expo fair. Like YLN, thought I'd settle the more expensive items first. Plus Mumsfairy allows the warranty to start later.
Cos later by May/Jun, duno if in the mood to go out shopping and squeeze with crowds at GSS.

valnsw, but i find the price at expo not dat attractive. think best so far was during isetan pte sales but too bad is over liao.

shay, saw a lot of moms buying mustela also and was wondering why. do they sell just mommy stuff or bb stuff as well? is their stretch mark cream gd? the hair and body wash is for bb or for your yourself?

ratatouille,
ya, but I've been looking around, even Robinsons one, the salesperson told me no further discount from $388. So when I compare w the one from Expo, mumsfairy deal seems better since about same price plus throw in the accessories.

Hi Gals,

La Senza is having sale. For Stanchart cardholders 20% off nett price items and 10% off sale items from 28 Mar - 30 Mar, if I remember correctly I saw a thread that La Senza nursing bras are great and value for money.

Hewchen,
Its not worth it to argue with your boss, your health more impt. Do deep breathing to calm down, it helps. Take care ok.

Little twin stars &amp; Mulberry,
Thanks, i'll keep praying that placenta will move up by week 28.

i'm saving the expensive items for later coz' of warranty. but now i dunno if the upcoming sales will be attractive. will be so sad if taka fair is in aug...

<font color="0000ff">HewChen</font>
aiyo ur boss disturb u again? what does he want, he knows abt ur condition, right. Maybe you should talk to your HR. You are on official hospitalisation leave, cannot lah ur boss keep calling you.

<font color="0000ff">Shay</font>
don't say u stupid lah. This is pregnancy absentmindedness...hehe. But even though u didn't ask, they should give right. Perhaps u call them and say you will pick it up later date.

I also saw the Mustela 2in1 wash. I was so tempted to buy but I already got J&amp;J Top to Toe and Komodo bodywash (all freebies), so my hubby don't allow me to buy.
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">valnsw</font> / <font color="0000ff">Rata</font>
actually i find Expo fair's one the best so far, coz it comes with the handsfree thingy and the super shield thingy (which is suppose to prevent sore nipples and allow us to lie down while bf). Those 2 accessories i find it's very good.
The Isetan's one though is cheaper but their freebies i personally find not useful.

hee...but becoz i still haven't decided on which brand to buy, so didn't get at Expo.

Hi Hew Chen,

Dont worry much about low placenta. It is really out of our control. And it is quite common nowadays. You can read more info about low placenta and discuss with your gynea to secure this pregnancy. If you gynea feel it is nothing to worry, you can just fan xin and take good rest. Nevertheless,You are so great cos you have pass first trimester. Cheers up
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

You need to let your boss about your condition. Seek for his understanding. Must sound you are so worried about pregnancy. Cos he may thought you are just take excuse for hospitalised leave. If he still like that, talk to your HR / his boss directly. If you feel that you need more rest, just ask your gynea to continue your hospitalisation leave. We are entitled for 60 days ma :p

Dont worry too much as it may 動胎氣 too..

mul n dongle

i'm passing msg from rata

ameda pump got a few new sets selling at $320 wif 2 pcks of milk bags. details...think better ask her. she shld be online later
happy.gif

yoz i m back coz i called robinson &amp; ask for the price of the pump for this pte sale is $388 for the set alone, then i thot of getting the $320 set fr Isetan but was told all promotion sets sold now set alone sell $388
sad.gif
But I left contact no for the person to call me back if got new promotion package comes in. then in the evening the sales called to tell me ameda gave them some quality to entertain them as many customer have been asking Isten on the $320 package. Previous the package comes wif 1 pack of milk bag, shield &amp; 1st yr thaw milk cup. Now $320 for 2 packs of milk bag. I reserve for a set will go buy it this weekend. Anyone interested can go grab while stock last.

i just received the Ikea brochure in the letterbox...they have this baby cot for $279, measuring W66, D123, H83cm...think its wooden one...it this measurement the standard size? or the larger one? i rem someone posted two different sizes of baby cot..but heehee..lazy to read thru the posts again..anyone know? wonder if the Ikea one has adjustable height....

Back