(2008/08) Aug 2008

Anyone feeling nauseous today? Feeling terrible, have not eaten anything since morning. Only drank soya milk. Hungry but the thought of putting food into my mouth makes me wanna vommit. Any suggestions to overcome this?

hi QiQi, I feel nauseous everyday, almost all the time! same thing, the thought of putting food into my mouth makes me want to throw up! For me, I take sweets. But the relief is only temporary

Hi cutie its good to know i am not alone
happy.gif
hope we will feel better really soon....just had porridge with lots of vinegar. Think sour stuff works for me. But i only 5 weeks, wonder why i getting all the symptoms so fast.

My mother patted my shoulder and said "you think being a mother is easy meh, now you know hor."

qiqi, sayang sayang.
dun worry ok, cos I started to feel nausea from 5th week also.
I can't eat proper meal, and gynae dun let me eat salty stuffs too.
But just eat what u wanna eat now, 2nd trimester onwards then think of eating proper diet ok?
Try to rest more. If can't drink plain water, at least drink some pure fruit juice.

hi qiqi,

dun worry, it should be a temporary phase. for me, this time round the nausea is v bad, anytime can have this feeling....

now see food, no appetite to eat, so now i eat my meal is just for the sake of eating.
the same for my 1st pregnancy, force myself to eat .

Ya. Normally after 10th week, all the MS feeling will be gone gradually. 2nd trimester will be a honeymoon stage then. =)

rat/snow,
so fast hor... amazing feeling... my next visit in my week 11 about 2 weeks later.. actually quite worried that my poor appetite might affect my bb's growth. that's y my gynae gave me nausea pills to curb the feeling so that i can eat more & put on weight instead. But she did reassure me that 0.5kg drop is nothing to worried about, if drop by 4 to 5 kg then action will have to be taken.. i think she meant hospitalisation...

qiqi/cutie,
take a light snack like plain crackers or cereal bars or hot drink like milo or sweets and sour plum should be able to curb your nausea temporary..

those MTB who feel cramps/wind in tummy, my gynae advised me to drink ginger tea. Can get from supermarket or boil your own. If dont like the taste, can add some honey to sweeten... i haven try it though...

hi snow74,

i'm quite like u, for the 1st pregnancy, only a bit MS even in the 1st trimester but this 2nd pregnancy, the MS is quite terrible...

dongle,
dun worry, cos I lose 7kg during my 1st preggy.
the baby is gaining weight, but I'm losing.
only put on weight after giving birth...ha ha....so, nothing to worry.

gemini,
my gynae still joke with me yesterday, he said:
"Oops! So diff ah, could it be a twins then?"
I almost fainted. =P
luckily the scan result only showed 1 little ball inside.

Oh ya, Dongle.
In my pre-natal yoga class previously, I had this Jpn lady classmate who loose weight also.
But both of us and our baby are healthy and not underweight so far.
Baby inside ur tummy will tap on ur reserve, no matter u eat during preggy or not lor.
Its u that will go hungry, the baby will not. =)

snow,
7kg is a lot! you must have very poor appetite then... i dont think i have excess 7kg to lose. i'm those type that has difficulty in losing weight even im those size S/M kind. Previously, i was sick for 1 whole week due to high fever & couldnt eat at all, i only lose 1kg...

rat,
1 month like very long hor, me & hubby cannot wait for so long to see bb lei...

i heard from my gynae that the baby scan photos that we can bring home will fade over time like those old fax paper, so remember to scan them into computers before they fade...

hi snow,

haha..if my gynae tell me that too, i think i will faint too...
if it's twins for me during 1st preggy, still ok, but now, i dun tik i can tahan...

dongle,
Ya, 7kg is alot. So much till I dun really need maternity cloths. =)
My appetite is not bad, is the type of food that I chose due to gynae's restriction.
This round he said the same thing again, no carbo and saltish food.

gemini,
i think not only I'll faint, my sis will migrate also lor....ha ha....she is the caregiver of my gal now.
but did u came across anyone else who behave like us? I mean totally diff between 2 preggy.

dongle, ya lor but since gynae say 1 mth then leave it. For me i didnt scan but i took pixs of it & i put it into a zip lock bag hopefully will not faint off so fast.

hi snow,

maybe i did not follow the thread, why no carbo food for u?
yes, we are not alone. i did hear stories of 2nd preggy different from the 1st one, actually, 2nd preggy will be more "xin ku" than the 1st one. OMG. now i believe it...

hi rat/dongle,

normally the check up for 1st & 2nd tri, is monthly check up. it's till the late 3rd tri, then the check up is bi-weekly.

Rat,
Those photo will fade off one.
But even if u scan, its not going to be very clear lor. =P

Gemini,
Cos both my parent has history of high blood pressure and dibetes, so its better for me to be extra careful on my diet during preggy.
Even thot, I still ganna pre-eclampsia at later stage of my 1st preggy.
That is why this time my gynae added on, "rest more, no stressful stuffs."

today due to unforseen circumstances i carried something v heavy. Oh gosh i regret greatly afterwards. my bad hurts and my tummy also ache a little. felt so worried. came home n slept for a good 2 plus hours. phew. hope no damage done to my bb.

my poor doggies. usually i bathe 2 together. today i bathed for 1 doggie then 'buay tahan' liao. felt v tired. no more energy for the other one. hmmm.....

Hi all mummies,

After TTC for 10 months, finally got pregnant. EDD is 25 Aug. No MS, always hungry but cannot eat too much else will get bloated. At 5 weeks plus, my tummy began to show overnight (actually I accumulated a spare tyre as too lazy to exercise, plus this is my 2nd pregnancy). People after people asked if I'm pregnant. I denied, cos wanna share the good news only after my appt next week when I'm able to hear the baby's heartbeat. To be honest, when I see the word "pregnant" on the Clearblue digital pregnancy test. I was like shocked, and cannot believed it. I'd thyroid problem and conceiving was made difficult as a result. My cycle was super-long (could be PCOS). Then I went to see a fertility gynae (Prof Ng SC at Gleneagles) and he told me to go back for blood test when my AF comes. So I was waiting and waiting and waiting for AF (as if I like it to come). At the same time I decided to chart my BBT. Then I noticed my temp rised. I postponed a chest x-ray as I grew hopeful day after day though my 1st preg test was negative. Then I tong until day 16 since temp rise (triphasic actually) and did another test. It shocked me for a few days, it was positive. So basically the gynae did nothing to make me conceive. Perhaps seeing him sent a signal to my body to quickly conceive if not will need to spend a bomb, ha ha I was telling my DH.

Well things would go quite smoothly but our family is due to relocate to Oz in Feb 08. So our final conclusion is for me to return in Jun to await for baby's delivery then go back to Oz later. Not forgetting I need to bring my almost 3yo son wherever I go. And relocation itself is already a big headache with lots of planning, preparation and hardwork. We yearn for the relocation, we yearn for the baby. Now 2 things coming at the same time seems a bit too much to manage... That's life.

Got to take it easy, I tell myself everyday. :)

hi mummies..

anyone else like peipei n me who have been given Duphaston by their gynaes? i have a little spotting, so he say just take just in case. pei pei dont even have any spotting. is it really necessary?

like peipei i read online that there r some side effects for the BB. but other articles say is safe. i really dunno. any advice please?

i went for my first scan, can see heartbeat
happy.gif
...but this Duphaston thing is on the back of my mind. on one hand im sure doctor would know best, on the other hand when i read the contrasting reports i get a little worried.

Welcome to all new mommies!

Hi Hug,
Hope you are ok now...dun tired yourself out...

Hi Rata,
My delivering hospital will be TMC. Thanks!

Hi Gayle,
I was given Duphaston to take for abt 2 wks although I have no spotting too...think gynae just want to stablize the pregnancy in the early wks.

Dear Mummies,
I'm from Nov07 MTB thread.
I have Gina Ford's Contented Little Baby Book for sale. It's recommended by many mummies who want to establish a daily routine for baby.

Bought it at $28, will let go at $18. Good condition. Anyone interested?
Please email me at [email protected]

gayle - hi i am also taking Duphaston. took 4 wks already. given another 4 weeks supply. i got no spotting at all - touch wood. quite expensive tablet i would say abt $80?. but i suppose i will follow gynae advise to take. He said something like support the pregnancy just in case... so i take without questions. now...now...

Hi Gayle,
I was also given Duphaston to take even though I've no spotting. Changed to another gynae who told me that it's safe to take Duphaston as it's to stabilise the pregnancy. However, after taking for 1 wk+, got very very bad nausea which I believe could be caused by Duphaston so I stopped taking liao.

HI everyone,
Im about 7 weeks pregnant now and im on Duphaston too i feel like the medicine makes my MS even worse but i think i got no choice have to take cause its to stabilize pregnancy right?

Hi All I was like some of the mummies here. But i was given utrogestan, whuch i think is the same juz diff name ba. I went for my 1st appt at 5weeks since then i ve been taking it, though i got no spotting too. On top of dat i was give jab twice a week on week 5 & 6. Gynae say all this is to place safe coz i had CP a few mths back. So i guai guai do wat is told to provide the best for baby.

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy</TD><TD>Zone</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ratatouille</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Clifton Chan</TD><TD>Mt A/ TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dongle</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yen </TD><TD>Glen / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Agnes</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>YLN</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>M2b</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lee Wei Hong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peppermintt</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>4-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cutie</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>June</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mini</TD><TD>East</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Crazy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>10-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yuuri</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC / Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Earnestmum</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt A </TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lindsay</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gayle</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hug</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Anne</TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kon Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mid Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Avocado </TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snow</TD><TD>South</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>Munky</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD>QiQi</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>28-Aug </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi peppermintt, can i be nosey and ask why did u loose your first at 23 weeks? i thought ppregnancy usually stable after 12 weeks. if u are uncomfortable to talk about it, it sok. i understand.

sorry to interrupt, anyone interested in the following:

hi i've this MIM sling for sale. used only once with DVD. $35. color:
lime green. collection by postage or shenton, serangoon, AMK o TPY.
interested, pls pm o e-mail me @ [email protected]

1170073.jpg

Sorry MIA for some time.

Rat: The coco cream costs abt $25 per tube. It's quite ex but very good. So no choice. I used abt 4 or 5 tubes for the 3 trimesters.

QQ: I think having MS is a sign the baby is growing well. IT's our bosy's way of reacting to the little fetus growing inside us..
happy.gif

hi mummies,

i'm from July MTB...EDD changed from Aug to Jul.

Gayle,

I was on Duphaston due to spotting (at ard wk5) for my 1st pregnancy. I took for ard a mth and i delivered a healthy bb. The only thing i hate about Duphaston is the after effect.......BAD NAUSEA!

I am also having very bad ms like some of the mummies here. I tot my 1st one was bad, who knows 2nd one worst! i basically throw up all i ate for the last 3 days. i really hope the ms will be over soon so that we can all enjoy our pregnancy.

hi ratatouille,

how are you doing?

juz wanted to say.. I finally watched the movie ratatouille, and it's so cute! haha

do1nk, now ok. except for buttok ache hahaha lately feel hot too after sleeping will wake up sweating de. How r u?

Any mummies interested in the below items. Collection at Bedok.
1.Daifonai (Herbal Bath), 17 pack.
2.Friso Gold Step 1 (900g), 1 can
3.Frisomum (400g), 1 can
Interested mummies can contact me at 92789982.

hi mummies,

i'm new, can i join u guys? have been reading this thread since rata host it but don;t dare post until i see my babies' heartbeats.

hi rata,
hi hug me, i'm here
happy.gif

edd 5 aug but i think mayb will b earlier cos i'm having twins
happy.gif

hi twin - !!! *hug hug* How are you? i've been wondering where are you actually... i've got a singleton.
happy.gif
but i'm happy as long as bb is healthy.
happy.gif

but physically, its a challenge really. keep feeling so unwell especially the digestive system all haywire. i dont dare to go out on my own.

hi hi hug,

hugz
happy.gif
, glad to b able to share more here about preg related stuffs.
for indigestion, hang in there : i started my preg with severe gastric it was so bad i landed in hospital only to find out i am pregnant that's y i had it. i too had to eat every 2-3 hrs. i needed mylanta everyday n i will wake up in the middle of the night with bad gastric cramps n needed to eat some bread fast if not no choice, had to take mylanta again.
i slowly ween myself out of mylanta cos i din't want too much medication in my body.

one tip is to eat things that r filling when yr gastric comes.....take plain wholemeal bread or plain square crackers. it absorbs the acid very fast so u don;t have to overeat n feel so uncomfortable. when u sleep, sleep upright at the moment until u feel much better n have no prob breathing.

i know how u feel, preg shld be happy but jus didn't expect it to be so tough
sad.gif

i don;t dare bathe on my own! i make sure my hubby's home then i make him sit at the toilet in case i fall cos i almost fell a couple of times....clumsy right.hee

p/s my tummy very obvious liao. can;t hide from friends so i avoided all gatherings
sad.gif

for twins, i heard tummy can look:
9wks..look like 4mth
4mths ...look like 6mths
6mths.....look like anytime can give birth liao

FAINT!

earnestmum,
i have PM you her contacts, let me know if you didnt receive...

little twin stars,
congrats, my hubby wanted twins initially but not up to us to chose la... keke... y dont you put some anti-slip mats in the bath room for safety...i dont mind personal friends happen to know that im preggie but i mind my colleagues &amp; boss know before i reach my 2nd trimester cos i feel that they think that it might affect my performance...

Thank you all mummies for ur response regarding my concerns about Duphaston. Feel better knowing quite a few of u also taking it.

Dr put me on 2 weeks supply, hopefully when i meet him next i can stop.

hope everyone is coping well
happy.gif
lucky me don't have MS...crossing fingers i don't get it at all. on the other hand, i have v good appetite so put on 2-3kgs liao. die la...im gonna be fat momma.

dongle,

hihi
happy.gif

i always wanted twins since family has history, hubby....i took years to convince him to want kids even!
actually, it's nit jus wet flrs, dry flrs also i will loose my balance at times....think cos i flat footed. haha
if u r working in govnt sector, not so bad. if u r working in pte sector. pls do not tell them until pass 2nd tri unless u know they r pro family. from most friend;s experience sometimes they deliberately make things diff for u to test u. those that can;t take it will resign which is wat they want actually. but usually the testing is a short phase , after they know u sure won;t leave one, they'll leave u alone n make yr life easier

how u "tong" in yr company if ms strike?

hug me,

4got to tell u, better don't go out on yr own, not now cos u r not in tip top condition yet.
singleton easier to care n u can pour all yr attention on yr baby.
for me also, healthy, i happy
happy.gif

when's yr next app?

little twin star,
im the opposite, my hubby wants kids but i dont want... but now im very happy to be able to conceive as i tried for almost 6 months for this baby plus my hubby now treats me like queen... my hubby is also "pang tang" so i follow also... best thing is that my gynae who has 4 kids herself is "pang tang" too... She actually told me not to tell my parents/his parents/my brother till heartbeat detected after 2nd appointment and friends/colleagues after 1st trimester...

hug me,
i also try not to go out alone cos public places seems very crowded nowadays &amp; duno y people like to knock into me or step onto my toes one...

earnestmum,
din know PM so slow? 12 hours still haven reach, i will email you shortly...

checking whether are the gals here wearing looser clothes to hide your tummy or you dont have much tummy to begin with?

Hi Dongle,

Thanks for your mail. Now I know she is not based in your zone so is inconvenient for me to reach her. I have to look around again.

I am wearing loose clothes more to be comfortable. As this is my 2nd baby, I have got all the maternity clothings I want already :)

Tomorrow going to Sentosa Underwater World as 30% discount ends on 1 Jan 2008. It will be my first time there...mountain tortoise hor!!

Hi all MTBs!
I've been a silent reader for weeks now, finally wanna post now...hehe..
I went for my 3rd gynae appt couple days back. According to the scan, bb is 8wks 6days. Is now 17.3mm and heartbeat is 181bpm.
Was very happy when doc said bb is growing well bcoz was worried as was having spotting.
I started having MS during my week 7, actually it's more of the bad nausea feeling, and mine is for the WHOLE DAY
sad.gif

hi <font color="0000ff">hug_me</font> and <font color="0000ff">little twin stars</font>
I'm like you ladies. Initially I need to eat every 2hours coz my stomach is so acidic. And I also have gastric problem even before pregnancy but it's mild case. Since I'm preggie, it became worse.
If I don't eat, the nausea turns worse and if I try to ignore, I'll get bad gastric pain.
I also couldn't sleep coz will wake up due to the nausea and gastric.
Finally , I couldn't stand it and went to see my gynae. He gave me Mylanta. Took it 4 times a day for 4 days. Now, I only take it before I go to sleep. It seem to help as I could sleep throughout the whole night now.

hi <font color="0000ff">gayle tan</font>
I'm also on Duphaston. Actually I'm also taking another hormone pill called Progynova. My gynae prescribe these 2 types of hormone pills from my 1st visit when I was week 5. That time I had no spotting yet. But for my case, he asked me to take because I had a miscarriage before earlier this year.
Actually, in my opinion, if you never had miscarriage history, you got no spotting or bleeding, and your fetus size is normal (i.e. it's growing normally), I don't think you need to take bah. You should ask your gynae why you need to take.

hi <font color="0000ff">Ratatouille</font>
Can add me to the listing? TIA.
happy.gif
My details:-
Zone: East
Gynae: Dr LC Cheng
Hospital: TMC
BB#: 1
EDD: 8th Aug

Back