(2008/08) Aug 2008

Shint,
thought this one is your maid #3.

your maid #1 is such a schemeing and crafty gal! which nationality is she? she sounds like a philipino... from what you describe.

shint,
how come your hb is in the picture? when its anything to do with the maid, keep the hb out and better not let the maid have any chance to talk to the hb. too many examples so better heed this advise!

mummies,
here are the boy's t-shirt. there are still 5 pieces missing. will post pic when i get them.
happy.gif

i still think the girl's one are much sweeter and nice.

3337179.jpg

3337180.jpg

3337181.jpg

3337182.jpg

Hi Mommies,
Wld like to know if u've started giving ur babies vitamins..if so wat do u recommend?
There are soo many in the market, see until blur!

Hi ReiRei,
Cod liver fish oil - does it count? my J is taking it together with the 2 elder ones else he felt left out. sometimes when i remember, i will let them take prebiotics/probiotics - especially the two elder ones. J will take when i feel that he has some tummy problem.

been trying to get them to take the DHA too, but not sucessful yet maybe too fishy?

<font color="0000ff">rona</font>
cod liver oil is also for DHA right? not same ar?

<font color="0000ff">ReiRei</font>
i started Jas on this fish oil 1mth ago
http://www.iherb.com/Nordic-Naturals-Children-s-DHA-Strawberry-Flavor-8-fl-oz-237-ml/8849?at=0
but she hates it leh. it's a struggle to feed her daily. so nowadays i just give it to her alternate days :p
Then i also give her Vit C which i bought from kids clinic. forgot the brand :p.
after she finish the Vit C bottle, i'll start her on multi-vits.

morning mummies

mulberry,
yah. its for ling's bb. she ordered 2 pieces, 1 boy and 1 girl's design.
happy.gif

rona,
i don't know leh cos i haven't see actual products. these photos are from organiser.

Halo mommies!
Just woke up...hb went for the Standard Chartered run...he conquering the full marathon...so told him I will bring both gals to MS to wait for him later.

Both gals still sleeping but I need to wake up earlier to get myself ready lor...yawn, feel like gg back to sleep again...hehe

All mommies done w their Xmas shopping?

m2b, celyn,
me too, dunno where to start... see all the sales until i blur. but if don't get anything now, could be a waste. but i think i really got nothing to buy, better save the money. i see everyone going away on holidays, legs also itchy. i'm thinking of going to HK next June, better watch my expenses.

m2b, celyn,
oh yes, i bought the mop system for my parents. that is counted? this should make the mopping easier.
happy.gif

afternoon mommies....
couldnt got proper connection for days til now... Could manage to read thru the last 200 posts nia wait til I read too long then connection problem then cant post anything here :p

Celyn
Congrats !!! Big One !! U got a pair now... next time need to watch ur eyes liao... everything for gal looks cute cute hehehehe.....
I've spent like anything here in Jakarta mostly for bb N, even hb complains he hasnt got any shirt yet BB N got dozens oredi ehehehehe

Mulberry
ya lor... I like both of the design, couldnt decide which one to get so just get both of them lor hehehe.... thanks for the attention though
happy.gif

Read so many bbs fell sick
sad.gif

RX
how's SL now ?

Nini
Braiden still sticky ?

Hisstory
Ashley still got phlegmy cough ?

Tigg3r
ur voice has come back ?? can Barley water helps in cooling down n mite return ur voice ?

Rona
how J got or che on his cheek leh ??
I also bought the mop system :p

Mine also gave us a scare on thurs... She vomited on 6 pm, thought mayb due by gas cos lacking nap then wear sexy dress in aircon mall plus in the taxi... then in the middle of the nite... hm dawn actually ard 1 am, she vomited again n cried like cant breathe like that... even the daddy panic n voice went trembling... rushed her down to emergency... Doc said mite b stomach flu... give enzym, probiotik then antibiotik cos she said her throat bit reddish ( I think due to her crying histerically ), while we waited for the med to b ready, she can run run at the hospital liao .. Haizzzz..... refused to sleep when we came back thought it's morning liao n wanna play play... can only managed to put her to sleep at 3 am !!!!

Just completed my FDW orientation course also ( Mean hb is the 1 who finished it :p ) came in reading all scary posts abt the maid..... haiyoohhhh...... hoping very hard mine will b good 1 else more headache for me....
sad.gif

rona,
at least you got shop around. i didn't even shop. :p

lingling,
thanks. haahah.... yah, must be careful with my pocket. :p

celyn,
went out for lunch last week, past by the shop, saw the demo and bought it. didn't even walk into the shop... :p was busy - went for our for a lunch out of 5 days. next week will not be better too.

rona,
most of the days i work in the serangoon office. didn't get to go out to eat. always have lunch meeting. even if i get to go out, also nothing to buy there. last fri, finally went back to marine parade office, bought 2 t-shirts for yu ze at esprits cos got sale for members on top of sale price. hahaha.... can consider that as present for him?

<font color="0000ff">celyn</font> &amp; <font color="0000ff">Ling</font>
ah icic.
hee nandini is lucky gal got 2 tshirts
happy.gif

mulberry,
cod liver oil is not for DHA leh. DHA is DHA. The cod liver oil is mostly for immunity, especially for the respiratory system.

morning mommies. =)

shint
maybe kai teeth pain pain?
find out what solid he like to eat lor, then slowly increase.

twinstars
i agreed with u on ur theory on maid, they actually act poor and laughing at us behind our back...saw this everywhere. =(

Morning mommies.
How's eveyrbody's weekend?

Snow,
Did you go for the Taka sale? I was tempted to but changed my mind when I went into Anvelle's room. She has a shelf of Avent bottles, teats n pacifiers liao. And I dun wan to go there n b enticed to buy more Avent stuff, clothes n toys! Hahahaha... Better not go n waste money...

mummynana
pai seh leh, i went....yesterday....ha ha...
din buy much lah, just to top up their vitamins and some of my own stuffs lor. =P

Ling

My voice back liao but still a bit hoarse lor..

LTW

Aiyo.... my new maid super short leh! Jialat ah! never thot of that lor... My first one already short liao... this one even shorter... a lot of things can't reach leh... My house most of the furniture are either shipped back from US or custom made to US standards, so all very high leh.. Ah lao very tall lah... he can't bend to cook.. Even my hood also fixed very high up just for hubby. So got to use stool to stand to reach my top cabinets.. even hanging clothes in the wardrobe also need stool. Told her to use the ikea non-slip stool to stand.. nothing more den that. also specifically told not to watch out for C &amp; C before she use.. dun let them see her using. otherwise will learn also...

Now I think I got to take out curtains for her also.. haizz....
2 days into the job and already got injuries liao... lucky is not C &amp; C but mummy... This maid damn lazy to use hand lor.. one hand hold a small portable hot flask (empty) the other hand do nothing. Got one wooden stool chair in between where we standing, she wants to move it away, dun want to use hand, use leg. As a result, the stool topple and hit my foot... Damn xxxxing painful... now swollen, bruise and painful... dare to laugh somemore.. I shake my head, reprimand her. Told her this is nothing funny... anything of this sort happens to C &amp; C, you see where the stool will land.. @#%(@%&amp;(@...

mrs teng
now a days many maids are lazy, especially the younger 1.
mine only around 20yr old, and also very lazy le.
once when she was feeding zynn and zynn ran away, she simply sit there and keep calling zynn to come back? -_-"
she really think zynn cares?

snow, tigg3r

ya lor, they really always use same excuse n say they no money or family needs money etc...
y can;t they jus be honest! i am ok giving them freedom etc, jus b honest la ..sigh

i very sian lei. tried having no maid n hubby still behaves like a prince n expect me to do EVERYTHING!!!!! including feeding n cleaning my dog, n still happily say he is done ( as in bathe n change liao ) n y i am taking so long! i boil man! cos i need to bath gg, change herm pack diaper bag, bathe myself, feed the dog, clean the place etc. when i ask him to jus bring gg down to the park 4 a walk so tt i can do my things faster...like tat he also lazy n say dun want n watch tv or talk on phone n read papers while gg is screaming for me. hey, wkends i need a break too man! at least help la. he say told u we need a FTM #$%$$^%&amp;

tigg3r,
ya short maid also got prob. need to buy ladder :p

last nt i wanted to send my new maid off jus wen she step into my hse...cos she open her luggage to let me check n i found several things belonging to my old maid...i asked her where she got the things, she either say she bot it or it was frm old employer etc which is not true. right frm the start she already lie...how to use but agent refused a refund n say min need to use 2wks b4 i can change her then later say next day can change but got penalty....i really dunno how.......

old one at least i no need to train but dishonest, new one also dishonest but eat v little n dunno how to handle bb...i;m really stuck n i am suppose to go holiday...hubby still got the cheek to ask me how ah, go n book k, jus leave gg with maid n mil!!!!!!!!
then say miss gg but dun wanna help me
sad.gif

BUT HOR :
yesterday she came, i strike lottery lei!!! $500 only but better than nothing n my mil;s dr no. came out, mine came out reverse direction. so we thot mayb she bring us luck so let her try lor.........

mine like got "ching gong" she say she mop n vacuum the flr while i was on the line or surfing. i can hear abit of vacuuming only...very fast stop liao. n b4 i know it, she say finish liao n the flr is almost dry man!. dunno hoe she do it. the previous maid is so clumsy n loud i can hear everything she does but this one i cannot hear at all. think she is not used to taking care of bb....she make milk also super hot until wen i ask her for the bottle cos gg crying liao...she say mum very hot! WT....then u test teh water b4 putting the powder la. then jus stand there, i have to rush to the kitchen to put it in cold water. this one she has not much initiative....

hiaz, i kinda regret sending off my old maid....she does have alot of weakness n probs but at least she gets the job done n fast....n she already knows wat i want n i no need to do so many things myself.....( but....of cos she has lots of character flaws as well but better in hsewk but know how to "keng" hiaz nowadays it seems alot of maids r jus not up to standard ..this one i paid more for experience one summo..haiz....

LTS,
your hb and mine can shake hand. When my maid when back home for 3 weeks, he also machang the maid is still around like that. expect me to do everything and look after the 3 kids and work as well. When i'm at work, he expects MY MUM to look after the 2 boys. and he can still plan for his pub, his badminton days, his squash days and golf days. When he is at home, he says he is too tired to look after the kids and take naps!!!??? i was damn pek chek.

Then came one day we went for his niece birthday celebration at his sister's house. His BIL's sister's 3yo son wet himself and she brought out a clean set of clothes for him to change and told everyone that her hb pack the bag for her to bring. she doesn't need to do anything - just bring the boy and attend the celebration. hb cannot come cos their baby gal was sick so he was home looking after the baby. So we oh and ahs and say well done and that she has a very nice hb etc etc.

Then my little boy went himself but i didn't have time to pack properly for him - cos i got to clean the kids, feed them (the food his sister bought - pizzas and kfc?? my kids dunno how to eat) and dress them and pack food for the little boy also and i still need to express etc, really wanted to get a clone of myself, no time! So anyway, got no change lor, and MIL kept going on saying how come never bring a change and hb still dare to ask me how come never pack. I told him how come you kept taking naps but dunno how to help me look after the kids or feed the kids so i can pack the bag properly? or maybe you can pack the bag mah!

Then all quiet... don't dare to say anything liao... think he damn no face that day... :p

rona,
yes it is very frust when they dun help n yet ques y never do this or tat. to me tat is jus asking for trouble! haha
mine will not say me la but he will not help, not even bring gg down to the park so i can quickly finish hsewk fast.

ask u:
if yr maid finish contract n goes back n wen they come back again, do u need to reapply 4 work permit n does the maid need to have a 3mth loan to pay back agent $900?

mrs teng,

was reading your long post...just curious, were your twins conceived by IVF?

LTS,

no need to pay loan/ agent fees if the same maid wants to renew contract for another 2 yrs and u apply direct with MOM. but i guess since she's not "bonded", she can tell u she wants to leave anytime and u can't do anything about it.

mul,

your PD recommended vitamins? are u seeing dr lillian or dr allyson? when i last asked, she dr lillian said not necessary leh. dunno whether to give or not. J's diet is quite balanced as he eats home cooked food, just that his milk intake is low, but i do supplement with cereal, cheese, yoghurt, etc.

krex,
but if i send my old maid back n after 6mths or so she wants to come back to work for me, do we need to treat it as a new contract? cos it is considered a termination right?

hi LTS and Rona - my hb can also join ur hb's club. he always compare himself w his frens and say he does alot... i agree..but still not enuff. (p/s: his frens is that type go work in US for 6 mths when wife give birth and wife does everything)... yesterday he ask me if he does well w our boy - i told u have success and failure.. failure is failure to make him sleep, finish milk and solid feeding, success is son sees u as playmate and loves u to bits cos u pamper him w play and toys.

we will be shifting out of MIL's hse soon and he wants me to get a maid - which i dont want cos i dont have time to train the maid and i worry i have more probs dealing w a maid..sian.. he does not do any housework now..though stay w mil i wash all the clothes, mop the plc... only PT maid wash toilets and do ironing...

vanilla,
today u got full strength coming to help me. my mil came, my mom brot my nephew n bro's maid so i can train maid how to wash clothes n free to post....
this maid is super slow but one thing i can appreciate is she is very quiet. i feel like i have no maid at all!! haha....she gives me my privacy but slow in work la, think must give her time to buck up.

think u better get yr ptmaid to come in at least 2times a wk. i wk of doing hsework with bb is my threshold! haha. any longer n it will cost my marriage! haha. my hubby still have the cheek to ask me to confirm travel plans in xmas!
sad.gif

where r u shifting to?

Vanilla

Long time no hear from you leh! How have you been? Not joining us for X'mas party this weekend?

Krex

Wah! Karen you really read everything ah!.... hehehe... yes, C &amp; C are test-tube babies... makes my life so much easier next time if they pop the question on how are they made.... hahaha... so easy to answer.. no need the honey and bees story... straight forward... "you gals are made in the lab!", "the embryologist did the job"

<font color="0000ff">krex</font>
oh no lah my PD (dr.lilian) didn't recommend me to buy but I just ask her whether clinic sells. she said got, so i bought. Coz few mths ago Jas got flu 2 times in 1 mth and it took her 1+ week to fully recover. so i tot give her vit C to boost her immunity.
then the DHA fish oil i give Jas is becoz i'm kiasu....hahaha.. and Jas eats fish everyday also. keke.

<font color="#CD3278">hello mommies</font>
Am now in HK.. Love the cold weather! Still havent visited Ocean Park or Disneyland, hopefully we wld do so on Wed
happy.gif

LTS,

if u hire her direct and settle all paperwork thru MOM, then no need maid loan lor. the maid loan is for agency to earn $$$ only...total rip off!

mrs teng,

oic. so how many eggs/ sperms do u have left in the bank? so it's true that IVF higher chance of getting twins!

mul,

think i'll ask her again when i bring J for jab in jan next yr. his immunity is ok so far. as per normal kid, he will get sick every 2 mths or so, but mostly cough/ flu/ running nose and he doesn't seem quite affected by it.

Reading all the posts about the maids and not so helpful hubbies remind me of my situation too.

My hubby also like to push the work to me and expect me to be the one taking care of the child at night. I spoke to him about it and gave him a taste of his medicine by "dumping" my girl on him. There was a period when I just left her w him, only to appear when it's milk time and bedtime.

Then he come complain to me abt it and I said tats hoe I feel when he dumps our girl to me when he goes surfs net. Long story but there were other issues involved, he's really niao.

As for maids, moral of the story is whether new or old ie those w experience, all will end up the same pattern, don't expect too much of them in their work but be wary of the funny things they do. That's why I decided to just keep the existing one so long as she doesn't fo anything overboard or else hv to train new one. Just be firm and fair and no need to pity them too much.

Guess we women are at losing end, with it without maud got own set of probs. And we are expected to do everything in our hubbies' eyes, whether working or not.

Sorry if I sound pessimistic here.

morning mummies
happy.gif

Few days can't login. forum always in maintenance mode

Mrs Teng
u want to discard ur embryo? dun wan any bbs liao... me think a bits pity if discard, and after all IVF journey really tough...

me make another payment liao.... me left 4 embryo in the egg bank, think will starts the FET when allivier almost 2, may be may or june ba...

Krex, Mel_ocean

Still got 5.... but can only keep till 2012... But my hubby not in favour of having another leh... It's very financially taxing for him.. And after what he seem how much I've suffered, he doesn't want me to go thru the ordeal again, esp the post-natal blu thingy..

I told him if god bless him with children he'll have to received them willingly lor.. maybe he'll strike TOTO big time?

Mel_ocean

Actually, I want to start FET sooner, cos I've got 2 maids to help, dun want to waste the resources. ANd I'm not very young lor..

Krex

Not necessary can get twin easily leh... I put in 3 and one couldn't make it, so left with C &amp; C..
happy.gif
Most importantly, is how you take care of yourself during the TWW which is very important for implantation lor. I'd complete rest in bed during my first trimester.

Mrs Teng;
Ya, if possible start the FET sooner if u can since you got 2 maids to help. Me not young either but just want to avoid tiger bbs lor..

hi LTS - one thing men likes things to their convenience...haha.. good ur whole family come to help.. u staying in landed? if yes then really need maid.. me staying in flat so ok.. walking space still limited so can clean rather fast... we are moving to tanjong rhu area..prob is diff to get PT maid more than 1x a week cos i am working and i dont want them to come in when i am not around. initial plan is get my mil to come in on tue(she taks care of my bb on tue and fri cos my mum busy on these 2 days) so the PT maid can clean and iron and she is there. but hb say siong for his mum to come in 730am to 730pm.. say bring bb to her plc and get pt maid in on weekends. Weekends where got time..esp when he wants go walk walk w bb..then i have to stay 4 hrs and look at PT maid. Sian

Hi mrs teng - i am well, thanks. How are C&amp;C and u? Not joining.. haha...cannt gatecrash lah.. E is Oct bb leh...
happy.gif
Why u say u freezing the rest of embroys till 2012 only? i also just go renew my freezer for my 11 eggs. I wanted to try FET this coming June but Hb not keen. He worry abt health issues and my ability to cope w a toddler and bb. I also put in 2 eggs but only get a singleton. If i do FET i dont dare out in 3 (but cos i over 35 doc sure recom 3)..scared i get twins...then i die like a spider liao! 1 bb i cant cope...2!!

seems like Aug has more IVF babies.. Oct babies only E. sometimes i look at him i am so amazed how a 8cell looks on the pic can be a baby like him now..God is good!

Back