(2008/07) July 2008

Smiggle
Nope I don't think Angry Birds is nice. It's super short, only about 10 min. My elder girl said it's boring, although Emma didn't really complain (well it's her first show!)

re sesame street
i caught the show and we were first in line to take pics with the characters!! haha, not that we were KS but the corner we were sitting at happened to be hte start of the q! i told my hb first time i m first in line!

the show was pretty short but i think the kids like it. jh asked me to bring him back to watch!

youpi
i have been trying to bring them out but weather is not a good partner! i guess it's nice to do nothing also once in a while provided both dun pester me....i like them to be able to play together with each other.

mummies
on sat, we went to vivo and jx was throwing a tantrum cos she wanted to look for my bro. so in the end jh 'settled' her. very very cute. he will hold her hand to go to different places and she will listen. even to the extent next day she said she wants her bro to choose her clothes cos she loves her bro!

re writing
i dun think jx can write too. i have totally zeroed my expectations on her. if she can write it is a bonus. haha...now i m working on her chinese. every week we do about 6 phrases. i m using jh's old material so quite easy to do. first week we started she mastered parts of body. second week was family. last week was toys. so she can recog the words now. this week will do a different topic.

as for writing, i think it may be tough to get them to write now unless they are really interested so practice coloring is a way to train their writing skills. do play dough, scissors work etc, it all helps their fine motor skills coordination.

writing

mine wants to hold the pencil wrongly and when i correct him, he gets upset and refused to write anymore. to get him to practise holding the pencil properly i have to let him do things he likes, like doing mazes. but i think he can only write if there are dots to follow, don't think he can write independently, except the really easy ones like O, I, H etc

holiday shows

agree with DD that the dora show was a complete let down. last year's one at forum was so nice with dora going on an adventure looking for her ballet shoes.

thomas on friday?

at united square? count me in first tentatively.

Mine's got atrocious colouring and handwriting..

Anyone knows the best place to get a backless booster car seat and plain white school shoes?

hi everyone!
had a wonderful flight. well actually not `wonderful` becos it was 7 hours + 7 hour stopover + a further 13 hours o_O but poppy was wonderful throughout. a real sport
happy.gif
it`s not as cold her as usual but still a cool 1 degree on average.

jo, thanks so much for your coat, it`s great! cin bunny, ended up not bringing yours and thank goodness too cos i think the black one would not have been enough!!

dd
plain white school shoes: bata lor

writing and recognising
poppy can recognise the letters, upper and lower case. i was surprised cos one day i wanted to teach her lower case and realised that she already knew them.

she can write her name, papa, mama and baby. the essentials hehe. BUT she`s not keen in following dotted lines! my `freehand`baby! haha

colouring also one day she surprised me and everything stayed within the lines!

youpi
my bil has been giving poppy dose after dose of dora the explorer so i choose nothingness over that anytime! i think our kids enjoy our company la. no matter what she`s doing, poppy will usually still come to update me
happy.gif

speaking of whom, i should get her ready soon. we`re going krazy karpeting! i.e. sliding down ice slope with some krazy big plastic thing!

Sounds like great fun!!!

Did u mummies know that bata Is not a Malaysian brand (which I've always thought it was) but from Czech republic! Found out when I was in Italy and was surprised to see bata banners in the train station haha

SY
JH is such a good brother! You should give him a BIG BIG STAR for this!

Doggiebb
Emma is the same. If we correct her she'll get upset as well and refused whatever things she's doing and if not, she will deliberately do it over and over and still gives you a "told ya I couldn't do it" look.

DD
Booster car seat - I thought they're everywhere? robinson/taka, even toysrus. Mothercare as well. Plain white school shoes - royal sporting house or sportslink. They have those velcro ones for nike/rebook/adidas for school and they're about $39. Should be selling now since January is coming soon.

PB
Doing the sled sounds fun!!! I still don't dare to bring emma for long flights.. Well, scared for me, not for her cuz I thought I may not be able to handle her for 20+ hours!!

sy,
do u know where is the cheapest to get California baby calendula cream? TIA!
and your JH is a gem!
happy.gif

writing and coloring
not for my boy too..he just love playing w his toy cars.

guilty mommy! i didnt bring my boy to any shows
sad.gif
(((

SDchick
haha in the end did not go tobogganing cos not enough snow!!

long flight - no choice for us! she had a whole suitcase full of entertainment+snacks. but in the end we did not have to use many cos flight entertainment was great. i heart qatar!!!

youpi
i usually upload to youtube first then to blogger. must faster

SDchick
haha in the end did not go tobogganing cos not enough snow!!

long flight - no choice for us! she had a whole suitcase full of entertainment+snacks. but in the end we did not have to use many cos flight entertainment was great. i heart qatar!!!

youpi
i usually upload to youtube first then to blogger. must faster

PB,

Wow!! That is a long flight! I am off to HK tomorrow with the family. I am already worried on how to handle 2 toddlers on a 4 hr flight. :p Have fun in Canada!

We were on our way to Gruffalo today before realizing that they don't have shows on Tuesdays! We'll go tomorrow - last day!
Made a detour to Chuggington - for someone that doesn't like mascots very much, I think Declan enjoyed it.

Writing:
I think he can write most letters but I didn't really check which ones so am not sure which ones. He has problems with the b, d, p, etc which I think are quite common so I don't really worry about it. I just correct it when it happens.

Holding the pencil:
I'm not really sure which way is the correct way, so I just let him be :p He's writing in his own way, so I guess it's ok?

PB,
Wow, long flight! But the 7h-7h breakdown sounds like a good breakdown?

Pb: *wave wave*... Gwyn's been asking to go out with poppy! When I told her you guys are in Canada, ahe said next time bring her along! She wants to take airplane with poppy!
happy.gif

Great that the coat helps! Enjoy it! ;)
I hope you are not the one playing with the sled?
happy.gif

Mich, I assumed eboy is going to pats at katong? Don't worry, the teachers are great there. The p is Sally still? She is pat's sister. The music teacher is very good too. Katong is one of those established centers.

Dd, isetan private sale tomorrow, can check out their booster seats.

Youpi, regent has not bad ham I heard. As for log cake, bakerzz inn and awfully choc have quite nice ones.

Writing: Gwyn can write certain alphabets, not quite there and not refined yet I feel.
Mich, FYI, next year is writing for the nursery kids, so the school will reinforce.

batgirl, enjoy the hols!

SY,
happy.gif
to JH taking care of JX. Feels good rite, tangible proof that he has learnt empathy.

worrywart me
so Mr C and i scored free movie tickets this evening for New Year's day. means i had to scramble to get the logistics set up for my sister to fetch the C little boys from school and from my aunt's, plus get my mother to stay the night.

last night i was worrying how to tell C1 that maid plus his aunt (my sis) is fetching him. in the end before leaving him at school (i pre empted the teachers when i entered sch premises using stage whispers and gestures), i just told him that. his little face fell for a moment. the teacher quickly stepped in and said 'wow, you must be going somewhere special tonight. can you tell me more abt it tomorrow?' and distracted him. and.... he did not cry! i m relieved!

dd,
wow i wiki-ed Bata and indeed it is a Czech brand. the beauty of marketing eh. makes malaysian kids think they are from malaysia, and singporean kids think they are from singapore.
hehe, i learnt something new today!

batgal,
enjoy your HKG holiday! can share where to go when u come back..we should be going next year..
happy.gif

cellow,
the teacher is good and quick! some teachers just have this special power to cajole our kids!

missysz,
ya lor. all the teachers in C1's school have this special power! i have seen them in action calming mass storms and tantrums, in class, while dropping kids in the mornings, while fetching kids in the evenings. superb ability man.
that is def one super hero power that i would dearly love to have w C1 and C2!

YAWN
had work calls that ended at 1130pm last night. then had to decompress and have some ME time after that, so slept at 1am. this morning i m a zombie. need caffeine.
who was the mummy who said we can sleep when we are dead. who who? some days i m so exhausted (but mind still keyed up) that i am able to fall asleep standing up, be it in line at the supermkt or on the MRT. so dangerous!

Cellow,
I have this nagging suspicion that we ALL have that ability. Just that our own kids are the krytonite to that ability. Someone once said, our kids have the utmost trust that we will never abandon them no matter how they behave. Hence, we always get the worst of it.

ok bbp, you always know what to say to make me feel better
happy.gif

mummies w a younger one
do you often find that you tend to leave #1 to his/her own devices a lot more than #2 or #3 (for hannahi)?

C1 is prob acting out his insecurity. hmm hmm hmm.

cellow
sad to say.. im still giving more time to Kayden instead of kasper...
My helper prefers Kasper and is takin good care of him... i have no complaints.. but feel guilty most time..

mummies
i m going to a party without my kids on fri! had a hard time finding someone to help with the kids but luckily a fren offered.
happy.gif
so will drop my kids at her place and her kids will play with mine!

cellow
i think it depends on what it is. there are times that jh is left alone and there are times that jx is left alone. i try to spend time doing jh's work with him and for that period of time jx has to be left alone. and when it's jx's turn, jh would be left alone. so it depends on situation. but on the whole i know what u mena. jh is expected to be more independent and not as attention needing. but it's not true lah. and when i do stuff with jh, jx would have to play alone. like sometimes we will do some art or craft and jx is hard to guide in that aspect so i don't really do with her.

Cel: I try to do things together and usually they are quite happy with that. Gwyn usually will monopolize the time, especially during bedtime. So Gab's undisturbed time with me is during the mornings when Gwyn is in school.
I can understand what you mean, have you tried bringing him out on a regular basis, Only you and him?

cellow... it's good to hear that C1 is in a good school with capable caring teachers... is C2 gonna join him there soon too?

hope the new school for bbG will work out well too!

Cellow, to answer your question.. Till now when #1 is already 10 YO, he's still the one that took up most of my time. All my time was spent on coaching him in his school work, stressing over his studies. #2, being the middle child, is still the most neglected one. I'm guilty, but I cant do much at this moment. Hopefully next year will be better.. my hope lah..

My dear #3 is usually taken care of by helper. Her needs are easier to satisfy. She only gets most of my time and attention at the end of the day when the brothers are asleep, or doing their own things. She sleeps slightly later as the boys are in morning session.

Don't worry, both sides will learn to adapt as you go along eachj day ;-) The time spent with each child will somehow "equalise" during the weekends.

Cellow, like Hannah, I think I spend more time with #1 than #2... because #1 is generally more demanding and #2 needs can be satisfied with helper helping out ... feel bad sometimes but seems like #2 dont mind and is still close to me. so I take this route for now until she is more aware of stuff... then see what happens after that lo.
But the good thing now is I do have some slack time because I can get #1 to entertain #2 at times (like for 10 mins only). but #2 is a big bullier. She pulls jie jie hair, beat jie jie up and scream -_-""" sweat LOL

one thing to be careful though...if #1 always ask for attention, #2 will learn that. last time jx won't say things like i wan u to play with me etc but she picked it up from jh. so nowadays she must have me playing with her! so for those with #2 who still can't demand, start training #1 not to demand (in front of #2) haha

cellow: you bought a blender bottle previously right? does it work great? saw a $2 promo on iherb and is so tempted but urr.. i dun cook nor make any smoothies actually...

awake since 4am. S***load of work to do occupying space in my mind. finally decided at 5am that since i am not gonna sleep, might as well clear some of that work.

brgt C1 and C2 to sso bb proms ystday. they both enjoyed it v much. the scramble and thick-skinnedness to get the tickets were worth it.... seeing their enrapturement during the concert.

hannahi,
ahhahha! you are like my guardian angel la. i call and you appear on forum!!!! *grin*

dd,
new school for G! settle in well there, young one!
C2 is not going to school yet. no need bcz otherwise maid has nthg to do at home, plus w his egg allergy, he WILL go and snatch bday cake fm others' celebration... and come home with skin breakouts. *faint
haha. the blender bottle works for powders and liquids. doesnt work so well for solids like cut fruits. my banana milkshake still had pieces of banana, just more smashed up in the blender bottle. eh, you have your own iherb account also ah?

sy,
true. C1 has been asking me to do EVERY thing with him. change, although he is able to change himself, also must have mummy sit there. bad habit. any ideas how to tell him gently and respectfully? i tried saying 'mama has other things to do in the morning' but he still insists and does the lip-quivering, face-falling thing so well. me la, xin ruan. haiya. so i bring this onto myself by being a mum and attempting to do everything myself??? that's why my MIL (not in so many words) told me once. MUST discipline C1 wor. fedup with MIL, myself, C1.

Oh! But already bought last nite and yeah..I got my own iherb acc cos realized I was ordering quite a lot, with sister's orders bundled in..

I always melt when it comes to G too.. Few nights ago, he was Whiny and said his legs hurt so he needed me to carry him from kitchen to bedroom n I said no..u r 3yrs old now n only babies get carried..you will just have to crawl in if your feet really hurts..and guess what.. He dropped on all fours n crawled in with a very pitiful face! And there I was trying to suppress my laughter in the kitchen! That little actor!

JETLAG IS A REAL BITCH!!! guess who was up between 2 and 5am and decided that she was done with sleep?

we had rain all day so our only outings were an unsuccessful 20 minute walk out to look for dinner (with the big winds flapping and inverting our umbrellas.... so ended up with us going back to our apartment and me making scallop pasta), and my 1-hour walk out for groceries.

BUT we are spending time on our own, away from uluness, and i am glad for that
happy.gif

DD
speaking of acting, poppy is either a baby bird or a baby cat these days. and we have conversations that either go tweet tweet tweet or meow meow :S and she's crawling on the floors alot. :S

cellow
hmmm i know what u mean. even jh at this age wants me to do things for him that jx can do for herself! i guess it is attention seeking. if we give in once, they know how to get it again. if

DD
G is such an actor!!!

PB
JX does that too. she will be something different everyday and i m supposed to know! how would i know???

argh. i dont know if it is pregnancy or jetlag but i have not slept at all and its 5.30am!

SY
i will ask her if she is baby bird or baby cat then modify my language accordingly :D

brought C1 to 'bring your child to work' day or rather morning... he konked out from walking around the office, eating too many chocs (ok one pack of Yan Yan and one rocher dark choc).

dd,
i know i would have laughed out loud and ruin everything... :p
did you manage to successfully suppress in front of G?

sy, pb,
maybe just having fun with language. C1 will occasionally sprout nonsense words just for the sheer heck of it, and grin some more. i know that he knows he is talking nonsense. just play along lor

sy,
hmm hmm hmm. so dun give in at all...? v siong leh.

pb,
yay to spending alone time away fm uluness!!!!
happy.gif

Haha. I had to turn away so he won't see my laughing silently

Poor PB..hope u caught a cat nap or twO..

Aren't the kiddos slightly too old for playtime Liao?

Anyone went for babies prom? Good? Is it exactly the same thing each year?

DD
Babies Prom: L spent half the time 'reading' his Thomas book. Then rushed up stage with kor kor at the end, leaving me to panic alone in the seat and scramble up front after them. The two of them enjoyed that part best, going to the conductor's podium and climbing onto it. Programme very similar every year. This is going to be our last time 'cos the atmosphere at the Esplanade is just not as warm, friendly, and fun as at VCH. And no photography was allowed!

BbG is such a comedian! Super funny, that boy!

Thomas @ United Sq
Anyone been? I wanted to bring them today but the small one fell asleep and napped so did not. If you went, please tell if it was too crowded, and whether it's worth going anyway. Thanks!

Chuggington at Marina Sq
There's a Chuggington train that kids (and you) can sit on! It makes a small loop round the Kiddy Palace/Mothercare part. Pay $10 for a ticket and you get a goody pack with a Chug. badge and wallet. Yes I got suckered into this as well but boy, were the boys thrilled.

Playacting
Yes, L is usually a train. Sometimes a tiger, a lizard, a dinosaur, a caterpillar etc. Sometimes he has no arms, no hands, no legs or no feet.

Youpi, we did Thomas yesterday. Pretty good..the audience seemed entrailed! Bob the builder came out too along with angelina ballerina. We got suckered into chuggington train ride too
happy.gif
..tis the season to spoil our darlings. Heehee

Dd-lol..got Hollywood star in the making here!

Chuggington:
We went too. But not the train ride. Gotta spend $30 first to be able to purchase the $10 pack right? Didn't have anything to buy there.

Christmas presents:
Am in trouble this year. Totally no idea. Have officially announced to all close ones that I'm not giving out presents this year due to lack of imagination.

We decided to get everyone gifts from charity organizations to make it more meaningful..

Whoa.. No train service today from newton to marina bay stations..

wow the chuggington one sounds interesting! poppy would have loved it

youpi
LOL at L's imagination!

presents
if it's not too personal, can i ask what you girls are getting your kiddos? i just realised that i settled ALL OF BB'S RELATIVES' GIFTS (and didnt' even get for my own parents, see la), but havent gotten anything for poppy yet. as in no 'main' present. just little ones for xmas stocking. i know she will be flooded with gifts from everyone here but thats no excuse for me not to get anything right?

hey we went ice skating today!!

PB,
Actually... I AM thinking of not getting anything for him. I am so so so so so so tempted to go all out and get the IKEA train set and all the works for him. But honestly, he does have enough vehicles and such... so I'm trying to resist. Ommm.

Bbp, erm.nope, did not hv to spend 30..just had to pay 10 bucks.

Pinkb - ice skating ! Fun fun fun! Presents, thinking of a bicycle as the main gift. I also bought her the whole Julia Donaldson series.

Wicked the musical- awesome awesome production,,go watch
happy.gif

Cin,
Why like that? Thought the signage put with $30 purchase! Ok la, never mind la. Don't think I would have paid the $10 anyway.
Julia Donaldson - I think I like it better than Declan does. Haha.

i heart julia donaldson too! cin, prepare a big glass of water when you read them hehe

oh yes have been owing her a bicycle since her birthday but cant seem to find one! tried toys r us, carrefour, giant... where you getting yours cin? poor poppy she keeps telling me 'mama, i need a bicycle you know' haha

cin
actually i didn't ice skate (seing how i am such a big and bulky thing); BB and poppy did. looked tiring even though they were moving at snail pace!!

bbp
oh i got the main ikea train set when it was at AS IS one day hehe. then over time i bought the extension pack. at one point she was playing with it everyday! a really good thing to have. but becos i hardly have floor space, got to keep after play each time. quite ma fan

Ooh! Julia Donaldson <3 there r sprees selling the books for oh so cheap now! Almost half of what we used to pay (we got them all from bookabura)

What is it abt Xmas that makes everyone come out from the corners they've been hiding in? Even at my ulu end, it's jammed packed with people and cars!

White school shoe updates.. Sourced bata, kiddy palace, mothercare, sports link, Adidas n royal sporting house.. Shoes are either too big or Urr ugly.. Found a nice pair of puma but they are for babies haha

Bbp
No need to spend $30, we just bought the $10 tickets.

There is a train ride at United Square too, just $3 per kid. We were there to catch the Thomas show but both of them did not want to watch it. In fact, they were bored and asked to leave. Good lah, no need to bring them to any of these shows in the future, hehe.

PB
Bought a Thomas book for L, which he chose. Bought a Lego Star Wars book for S, which he chose too. Just got books for most people 'cos I know what they like and know that they will love them - very egoistic to say this but it's true! *not-shy grin* Also got some accessories -- like earrings, necklaces, magnets that I will self-customise/personalise -- for some others.

DD
BbG has to wear white school shoes? I was looking in Bata to get them for S, never knew that they are so expensive! The PVC ones are $59.90! *gasp*

Smiggle
There is a shop named after you! Smiggle, that is
happy.gif

Back