(2008/07) July 2008

Rena,
Alamak, you know why? Cos you said party invite, then below got the list, so I just thought it's the same. Haha! Paiseh paiseh.
Ooh, the curry chicken, fried chicken wings, and cheesecake..making me drool already la.

Wow Rena, you are baking your cake for the occasion! Envy
I dare not let ppl try the cakes I baked except for my family, scared not nice.
sad.gif

I tried the lychee martini b4 for my gal last cake in Dora design ... we can't really appreciate the taste. We only like the black forest cake from PG.

Qing, you seems stressed out ... relax ....

My boy will "eat" anything introduced to him including books ... Haiz. So different from his sister.

Just got this magazine from newstand on my way back home... Young Parents.
Seems to have a few quite interesting topics in it.
One of this is abt bonding with baby .. " Will my baby love me?"
Have not really read it yet, still flipping thru becoz #1 n #2 are playing.

Qing
Cos I look at the subject in the photo while u tend to look at the background ma......hahaha

Maybe hor when u rub the tear dust for R n extra ppl comment you jus tell Rachel purposely lor. "No pain hor you are mummy's baobei why would mummy want to make you pain right?"

Cellow
Thanks for the info! Now I am very tempted to cater from them. I used to go there after going to Novena *DROOL DROOL*

Re: library book you're reading... there's a report in today's paper about how motherhood makes mums smarter
happy.gif
But I must say, I do feel like my brain cells have turned to dust with each pregnancy, and what little is left seems to be draining out with every breastfeed LOL.

I just read The Time Traveler's (sic) Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, can only ta-han easy-reading novels these days...

BG concert on Sunday
If the weather is good I will go with baby and #1. Hb can't make it so it will just be me and the two testosterone terrors. Do call/sms/pm me your number if any of you will be going, and we may be able to meet up
happy.gif

Bluey
Wah, sounds like you bought A LOT! Show and tell time!

SY
JX is so sweet!

rena
interestd to go your gathering but timing not right for me. cos now jh ends sch at 3pm so i have to rush off at abt 3 leh. unless i go for a short while only.

rayna
got your order liao.

bluey
i also went to isetan for a short while. but so crowded...

i intend to get the word world dvd but think order from tower.com cheaper.

rp lunch
when is it?

re iherb order
the order not shipped out yet. hope it gets shipped out soon. anyway i worked out the prices already. will email the mummies soon

SY,

Isn't? I got the karaoke children DVDs for my gal. Abt $10 each. The cheapest I got from popular was abt $12.
Wordword DVD also 30% off.

not so crowded compared to the last few istean sale. I get to pay for my stuffs quite fast as the q was short.
I remember when I was q-ing during preggie times, the q was very looong.
Economy is not so good nowadays.

Youpi,

Mostly for kids. Being a mommy is like tat ...
The most expensive of the loot is Allerhand backbag. It is to replaced my 4yr old allerhand backbag which "gave way" during my last cruise trip.
The next is a pair of much raved Fitflop when I was eyeing since last isetan sale. But tat time only 10% discount and find them too expensive. This time round, I got a pair for 25% off. Just need to pamper myself sometimes.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/collection/?cgname=OSSHUDESFOL&cgnbr=OSSHUDESFOL&rfnbr=5294

Got my boy burberry polo tee @ 80% discount so each abt $28.
Junior monoploy for my gal with 30% discount too.
And some other children clothing....

Pocket 1 BIG burnt hole.
sad.gif

Ryna, seems like our gal's bd very near wor! Just a day difference!! Mine crawl le but at quite late stage, like those army boys crawling lor. My ah lao SAF says Katie does it better than him -_-" I thought that all babies crawl very much sooner one leh? Ya, she sit sometimes too happy will fall back thought she was on the bed....

Pinkbunny, with or without hair, she is sexy lor!

Cellow.. Hahahahhaaa.. Out laws... My massage lady during confinement very funny. She told me that if she has a gun, she will shoot her MIL and then point the gun at her ah lao asking him who he loves most now! hhahhhhaaa!!

books with flaps: I've used scotch tape to stick them back many times, thanks to my little monster.. noticed he's got favourite flaps too..some he juz ignores and some his little finger aims for the minute we flip to that page hehe

index finger: bbG's little index finger is juz so cute (crazy mummy speaking again) he uses it for everything.. he's still not very great wiv his pincer grasp..he kinda points at his food and curls his index finger around it to pick it up.. then he likes using his index finger to fiddle and touch things.. and guess wat he learnt this week... he now knows how to point to the lights and clock and say "there" when we ask him LOL

bluey: any other claypots for you to buy? saw one on sale hehe.. rushed there after work to grab the thermal magic cooker for my sis.. nearly bought a burberry jacket for myself.. if the sleeves had been maybe 2 cm longer (it was for a 12-yr-old) it was so darn cheap!!!

u dun find allerhand bags heavy meh?

anyone knows where to get best prices for VTECH toys?

symphony in the park: we may be going! decided to postpone the gymboree trial class for this hahaha!

bluey,

u mean the fitflop got 25% discount? do we need the isetan card to be entitled 25% disc? How much did you pay for it? do they have all the color? i want the brown one.
is it sales at all isetan? Wonder the one at parkway or tampines have or not.

katie's mom,
my gal is born on 15 July. Katie is 16?

bbG
your boy so cute.. he must be waiting for you to flip to those few pages with his favourite flaps.. Pincer grasp.. hao ran very good with pincer gasp.. he can pratically take all the magnets off the fridge... and also pinch me.. *pain*

my boy has learnt how to pray at the sight of the altar. Everytime he see the alter, he will hold his little hands together and move them up and down like praying.. he's more diligent than me and my hubby in praying lo.. hehe

Gathering at Bishan #2
When : Thursday 21 May
Time : 1pm..
Lunch : Curry chicken and fried chicken wing and cheese cake for tea.. (hoho this time i promise to remember tea break)

1)tess_mummy n tess

SY
Im interested in the word world dvd too.
let me know if you confirm buyin k??

i think i very kiasu.. buyin so many educational stuff for kayden..
but then when i think abt Poppy's 53 books, i think im fine..
hee.. PB, u hear that???

Haiz..
Kayden now wheezin.. hate to bring to the doctor and use nebuliser again..
was thinkin of seein chinese sinseh.. heards that tuina helps.. anyone knows?

shipping cost for the overseas books

just wondering roughly how much is the shipping cost for books,wan to order but worry that the shipping cost will be high. anyone can advice ?

chumint: LOL on your boy 'praying'

wah...i must one day take leave to attend rena's yummy gatherings!

fitflop = flipflops/thongs/slippers? recently saw one at paul smith which I like but it's juz normal slippers.. and as my mom would always say: it's a sin to pay dat kinda money for it!

would be nice to have those new bags at loewe too..

sigh.. i better go back to bed (back to dreaming of these nice yummy things.. dats as close as I can get to them haha)

tess_mummy (sorry.. u r phyllis right?): shipping for books..think depends on where you order from and how heavy the books are? heard that sortfloor shipping via vpost quite reasonable huh.. i paid thru my nose ordering from the bookpeople

Katie's Mom,
Haha, your confinement lady super funny la. What a story. But I think I better don't ask the last question, cos I figured if I'm not certain of the answer, better don't ask.

PB,
Yah lor, that frog romper is so sexy, I didn't even notice the nose or the hair.

Chumint,
PInch no need pincer grap. My ah boy can pinch very well with ALL his fingers.

Smiggle,
Meds hor, you gotta ask the mummies with 2 children and more. Think they got lotsa knowledge to spare. But since Kayden is preemie, you think you want to stick with his PD? Cos dunno if his wheezing is connected to him being preemie?

Shipping of books:
Normally is quite reasonable. Even I ordered from amazon, worst case was I got them as the same price as I would get in Singapore.
If ordered in bulk and you dun get supplier that pack in BIG boxes, shipping cost will be ok.

Fitflop:
yup ... the expensive slipper I would term it. Very "Sinful". But the comfy level is like wearing nike running shoes when u walk with them.
I got them for $67. But not all design have 25% discount. And by abt 1pm, most of the Fitflop common sizes OOS.
Tot that I should spend some $$ on myself as well after all the children clothing, toys and books sprees for my kids.
I dunno must use isetan card or not becoz I am using. Different colours/design have different % of discount. I remember there was 1 design on 30%, but I personally dun like it.
I might be going PP isetan this afternoon, so I can check if have fitflop or not. Hope no more "damage" to my purse today.

bbG,
I already have 5 claypot of different sizes already .. Cannot buy liao.
happy.gif

Me n hubby like allerhand backbag design so decided to get another one. I like the way they design the different compartments, I can clearly tell my helper what to put in each.
I used to have a haversack as diaper bag, my helper just "dump" everything inside. When baby start to cry, anything also "cannot find". FAINT!

DOB:
Mine is 16 July too!

Anyone know if they sell SIGG water bottles in robinson? Have discount or not?
I can't find them in isetan.

do1nk,
my gal also uses her index finger. she just learnt how to point. so when my mum tells her, number 1. she will show her index finger. and yes, she have favourite tabs as well. hahhaha some tabs no matter how i entice her also no use. she don't like means don't like.

any of you mummies have your baby ignoring you when lecturing them. When i scold or lecture her, she will look everywhere but me. and when i tell her, when mummy talking to you, must look at mummy, she will just look 1 eye then turn away. when i try to turn her face towards me, can feel her resistance. and being afraid to turn to hard, sometimes really cannot turn her face towards me.
sighz, so young already like next time how to discipline her.

Morning mummies.

Bluey i am clearly amaze at your 5 claypots collection (remember that the first time i saw you u were at isetan sales buying claypots LOL). Actually allerhand is good but hor, i find it bulky. So if I were to bring bb xun out myself its a no no.

Any other diaper bags to recommend that are shoulder bag with lots of compartments and is lightweight? I am now using the le sportsac but NO compartments and like what bluey say, everything also cannot find! Got to dig and dig like dig for gold.

Rena, I am also tempted by all your gathering + food but next week cannot take leave on 21 May!!! =( =(

Pincher Gasp, bb xun totally cannot make it on that. When I give her any snack, she will use all her 5 fingers to grab it and try to aim into her mouth - which most of the time, it will end up on the floor and in my mouth eventually coz dirty liaoz.

Pinch ... my boy cannot make it one. He loves to GRAB!
Was practising the pinch with my boy using small baby food. You know what he did.
He plurge his whole face into the bowl to eat. Argh!! At that moment, I commented " I only have 2 doggies, not 3! my boy!"
sad.gif

Now I put food on my palm to practise with him.

Hi Smiggleprincess,

I am a july mama as well. My boy was hafing running nose & took nose drop for 5 days & ang moh medicine for 1 wk but still never recover. Then I took him to Ling Lan chinese physician at Toa Payoh Lor 1, 3 dose of medicine cure him.
U can try them as well, only open till 12noon thou. Their num is 63521230, charges r very cheap, only paid $15, but medi very bitter.

"CK departmental store is having their anniversary sale for the month of May.

Diapers promo:
- Pampers Small @ $17.80 (NTUC selling $26.40)
- Huggies Pull up pants M/L/XL/XXL @ $13.95

carrefour also having promotion on diapers.

Huggies pull up pants @ 2 for $30.95
Huggies ultra @ 2 for $28
Petpet @ 2 for $23
Fitti prenium @ 2 for $23
Mamypoko diapers @ $16.80

additional 5% rebate for everyday card holders!

Smiggle, wondering how do you remember all the discounts for the different diaper brands? Hmmm do you remember if the mamypoko diapers is 16.80 for the jumbo pack? How many pieces one? *testing your memory ah*
And u really always know what is the latest deal in town!

"The FitFlop burns calories and tones legs with every step"
!!!!!! anything that burns calories and tones legs has gotta be worth more than $63!!! good buy bluey!

books
i loooooooooooooove books. but all pomfret does is chew on them. last night i was just telling my hubby "look, she loves the usborne ones, she flips them but don't chew them" then promptly, pomfret starts gnawing on the book cover............... (maybe next time i say "look, she don't sleep through the night one" and maybe she'll 'go against' me hehe)

emotional morning
the pet hospital called to say the meow is in critical condition and they are trying to save her. then they called to say they managed to revive her. sigh. one vet hinted should consider putting her down, another vet says 50-50 chance to let her recover and have a decent quality of life. oh gosh.

FITFLOP can burn off calories????
I WANT TO BUY ALSO !!!
i always feel that the design not very nice.
but can slim down, i want also

bluey,
$67 for the fitflop is alright. if you happen to go PP, can help me check if it's available there.
thanks

qing,
yes, it a workout fitflop. but how true i'm not too sure. =)
had seen the fitflop since 2007. and wanted to get them when i was in US during that time. but i forgot when i got there. got too caught up with other shopping that i forgot i need to get the fitflops. so till now, i still haven't try it. hehehe

bbp
oops.. hao ran pinch with the tip of his pincer grasp..

Fitflop
it burns calories and tones legs!!!?? I want it too..

Bluey
your boy so cute.. haha.. must be imitating the dogs

bbp
i think declan and jx can have a pinching contest. she MUST pinch me when drinking milk. so many scars now.

bluey
the word world dvd are $21. i think i will wan to get soem for my kids. seems quite cute

bbG
i also find allerhand heavy. we really regret it after we got it. we brought it overseas and no one wants to carry it cos so heavy.....

SY, JX pinch. Bb xun scratches me! Now i have scars on my arms lo.

So anyone got any recommendations for shoulder diaper bags which are lightweight and nice and got alot of compartments.

SY, Jacelyn,
Declan = pinch & scratch. I don't know how he does it, but there was one night he was drinking milk and doing it. Then I cannot "disturb" him cos he normally goes to sleep while latching at the last feed. Then after that, I go check my arm... wah, tuo pi lor!

SY,
they are showing word world on Playhouse disney.

pinching,
my gal is also into pinching and scratching. she like to peel the corners of anything and this includes my nails. she also like to put her index finger into our mouth or nose, pinch our cheeks and also sometime she will dig the side of my eyes. wow damn painful lor.

Scratching..
i find baby's nails very sharp.. no matter how short i trim them, hao ran still can scratch and leave marks on me, hubby and my parents.. But the heart pain part is when i see scratch marks on his face... any way to make the nails blunt?

cin,
I dunno today's swimming session issit still on coz i really lost track of the thread. is moving tooooo fast. anyway, just to inform u, i just recovered from a flu so i wun b able to swim.. sorry.

Any mummies interested in meeting up this afternoon in IMM???

hi
long time never post here liao hope everyone is doing well ...

PB
frog romper is so sexy. l love it and she getting more n more pretty liao her eyes very big i love it too.

wah bluey going to raid the PP isetan too! kekeke

ya the good thing about allerhand is the many compartments.. not easy finding the perfect diaper bag.. I was using agnes B's dumpling bag.. now we are using the bag dat came wiv our stroller..coz can't hang other bags on it

sigg bottles: seen at robinsons before..but dunno will have disc now or not..

LOL on ZL plunging whole face into bowl of snacks! maybe he saw your caveliers doing dat...

rayna: think they dun quite know we are scolding them yet? sometimes bbG does dat..sometimes his lower lip protrudes then he major cry after dat LOL

dustee: how are you and kopitiam kat now?

cin: didn't know holly = elliuzion til now... hehe

bbG.. yea yea.. haha... coz i started off with my real name as i din know that the "real name" field is actually the nick -.-" stupid hor. LOL!!!

cin,
still can't make it eh.. nx session ok? hehe.. u gals n bbs enjoy urselves tomorrow wor..

Back