(2008/07) July 2008

oh wow, didn't know ergo is so ex now. Last time it was only $165, i think. Last time i only bought it at $100 when i traded in my bb sling as there was a hole in the sling after using it for a few months. They agreed to give me a new sling but i asked if they allow a trade in since my boy was quite big already. Surprisingly they agreed. But dun think this will ever happen again. They did it out of goodwill, so kind
happy.gif

This ergo has to be my best investment so far. No regrets in getting it actually.

CS
ya... he likes it... can slp in it somemore...

Hannahl
u selling off urs?? how come leh... its quite easy to use leh... u joining us for smiggle's place gathering?? i find it easier to use than the pouch leh... somemore can adjust n the pocket pretty deep...

Hannahl
I have just got my Ergo today so havent got the chance to try yet plus Dani's at bbsitter's now. Will try tonight then update you kay
happy.gif
But I think I am more comfortable having their legs to open wide then hanging by the crotch. You can move baby to hip carry then their legs dont have to open so wide liao loh. Wah, you just got your sling and you want to sell liao arh?

Mummies with Bjorn Im sorry hoh, dont mean to put down Bjorn or anything. I have a Bjorn too, love it lots but as Dani grows, I think it is time to change. No offence kay. *hug hug* hee hee hee...

PB
I got post the website at earlier posting. Got the price for different models. They have it in organic fabric too!
happy.gif

waiwai
If you wanna back carry, I think so far only Ergo is able to?

Hannahl,

My boy normally will drink milk ard 7-8+ then he will sleep...will wake up again ard 2 or wat depends lol..last night fed him drink milk ard 2am lol...then he vomitted a bit lol cos he coughing mah..then still happily smile and play..no chioce..let my maid to put him to sleep again...

bbp,
Have to keep to feeding ur bb water...soon or later he will like. My #1 also like that..now she loves water very much...

Re: Playard
Me also gian to order the playard leh since my boy crawl everywhere..really have to restrict him..Can let me know if cheong soon carry how many color...? By the way, is all the panel has toy? or only 1 panel has the toy..

Re: Peckham pear
Can get at NTUC..or market..sometimes got smaller size one selling ard 2+ for 5..now only got bigger size one which is 1 buck each

Hannahl, dor dor also told me her Ergo is her lifesaver... kekekeke

xiaoyang, I think Cheong Choon only carry one color, the blue/red/yellow one. I have not seen any mummies here who got from them has a different color. Each set comes with 1 activity panel.

Hannahl,
I'm back in Serangoon - my parents place on Sundays. You wanna pop by and try it out? PM me if you're interested.
Got Declan's name from the internet. It's of Irish origin and means "full of goodness". Hopefully it turns out to be true.

Hannahl, Cellow,
Managed to get the video uploaded to Youtube already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFTgrSZ6qZ0

Waiwai,
Think you shouldn't be lifting heavy stuff when your tummy gets bigger...
happy.gif

CS,
Yah, the reasons why I didn't get a Bjorn was the groin hanging thing and that I can't use it for long. Didn't want to spend more money getting a Bjorn then have to change to a Ergo/Deco/Scootababy.

bbp, seems like we have another tv remote obsessed baby! LOL!! & I really like the meaning behind Declan.

xiaoyang, you need to arrange with cellow instead of myself. She's coordinating for you girls. Really so nice of her
happy.gif

sdchick,
u are expert in cooking food for babies hor..hehe..what first food shld we start first? i got some carrots already but still in the frige. planning to make carrot puree tomorrow. so i just peel, cut, steam and blend can liao? as for steaming, i dont have the steamer so can i just put the carrots on a plate and steam it in a wok with water? TIA!
happy.gif

hi hi

oh realised today that my Rianne can sit unsupported for like 10 secs ! yeah !! all the training in bumbo and ikea high chair does helps. and she starts to push her butt up and wriggle like a worm when she flipped on tummy. Seems to be learning to crawl !

oh talking abt pears .. yes yes it's very nice when steam and pureed. Gals, u can try to blend peach too and mix into cereal. No need to steam peach.

JSP

ya Rianne started on 3 meals of semi solid food 2 weeks ago. During CNY, sometimes I give her cereal in the morning and evening and latch during lunch and tea cos outside mah.

btw u gals says ur babies dun like cereal and likes water ? is the cereal too thick ? maybe make it a bit more watery and try ?

Rianne loveees her Frisocreme cereal. Maybe can switch cereals to trial and error too.

here's Rianne and Rachel again:

2116246.jpg

lbt
Rianne really looks diff from the last time i saw her leh... more girlish now lor... Ernest seems to like the HT cereals more... i heard Frisocreme is as sweet as Nestle leh... after switching to HT, he'll open his mouth big big once the spoon is near him...

JSP

ya think got change lah .. all babies features changes over time.

CS ahhaa ya lor that cheeks hor .. very bouncy somemore !

Gathering
Date: 2nd Feb 2009
Time: 2pm
Venue: Smiggle's new place (Jalan membina, 10min from Tiong Bahru Mrt)

1. JSP and bb Ernest - Salsa Dip with Chips
2. pinkbunny and poppy
3. bbp & Declan - Cake
4. do1nk & gordon (r we bringing hubbies ah?)

the gathering is confirmed liao rite???

CS
heehee... just started on the brown rice one... heard alot of bb like the barley ones... u let Dani try all 3 at one go or finish one then start on the next?? btw, u on leave until when huh??? did u gals go shopping or BG??

hannah, CS

ergo
i also think the ergo is one of my best buys! the feizai dozes off everytime he is in it.

solids
the feizai doesn't like rice cereals. I tried bellamy and healthy times. at the rate he is going, think he is going to be feizai no more! sigh!

lbt

so adorable that pic!!!! *lurve lurve lurve*

Hannahi, pinkbunny
No, Josh doesn’t bite while nursing (psst..). He bit when he was still ‘bo geh’ early days (0month) with his gum hardly till I got cracked nipple.

Normally, I wait till his mouth open widely to offer my breast. Once, he try to suck play play, I stop the nursing session.

Cellow
He hasn’t bite with teeth yet. (psst..) My#1 last time bit with his teeth, I quickly stop him and say no. After twice saying no, he understood.

Dor dor, JSP
Don’t know why all my kids’ teeth come out quite early. Actually, I hope that their teeth don’t come out so fast.

Pinkbunny,
Thanks for sharing re. jumperoo. I noticed Josh’s little toes a bit worn off too. I have placed ABC foam mat under the jumperoo though.

Lbt
What camera are you using? SLR? Which model?

hi hi... just back from PD. Ethan is doing fine... 8kg... not too bad.. my PD is super positive one loh.. everything also she say very good very good.. i told her Ethan not making much noise.. she say ok one ok one.. told her Ethan not sitting on his own yet, she say ok one ok one...

Oops, cellow.. cannot come back this week? sorry to hear that... abt gym class - why get offended? no lah.. we are cool *shake hands* eh, thanks for arranging the playyard thingy...

dor, PB, you got NUMBER 2 liao!!! ?? !!! Hee hee....

jsp.. ya, selling it off. Waste $ right..

I've tried several times yet can't leh.. I even have problems at the ring part. After going thru the ring, the cloth at the ring there like very bulky. Then i dun know how to adjust the cloth, both the front & the back to get a snug fit. Dun think my girl is comfortable. She fusses a lot. Then it's like quite low dun know if it's becos i'm short. I can't go to smiggle's house as it's the first day of work in my office & we have kai gong fun.. How ah?

Also wish to see how u handle the sling.

Do u hv back aches while using it?

Do u adjust to the right level then place ernest in? Then after he's in, do u still need to adjust the cloth? Need to right, coz for each position, the cloth needed is different? How u adjust when ernest have been placed in?

Oh since i'm talking abt slings, do anyone know how to get those cloths used by malays? Those one piece of cloth then they just need to tie a knot one? Is it expensive? Coz my maid claims that she only knows how to use those kind. Need to sew is it?

Someone must have answered.. Anyone knows what's the difference between huggies dry & huggies dry comfort? I bought both juz now, opened the package, still can't see what's the difference leh.

CS, let me know how to try hip carry. I haven't tried that before. Ya, since i dun know how to use the sling, might as well sell it off loh
happy.gif
But feel very sad coz it's so nice... Still sad..

jsp, u want to teach me??
happy.gif
PM me leh, see if i can find u somewhere this weekend?

CS, there are some other carriers that allow back carry as well, & not so bulky as compared to ergo
happy.gif
Ya, like beco, pikkolo.. Only thing is may not be easy to find in S'pore.

bbp, ok, if i'm real serious i'll probably PM u. Which part of s'goon?

Oh i saw the video. So CUTE!!!! Declan is a nice name. How to pronounce ah?

Ok, asking a very stupid & lousy question. As i'm really very jia lut, can someone pls enlighten me, after u hv videocamed, how to download huh? Coz we hv a videocam, but hubby told me it takes a long time to transfer to dvd. That's why we haven had any video taking for very long already. I videoed then he dun want to help put into dvd, can only view from the videocam. What do all of u do after it has been taped down? Can someone teach me?

U won't believe if i said i dun even know how to download photos.. Ok, i was reluctabt to learn. Then now want to learn then hubby always too busy to teach me. So, i've not posted any photos also because i dun know how to shrink the size
happy.gif

hannah

does ur video cam uses tape ? if it is, u need to maybe get a software that convert the video in tape format to say avi or other media format. THere are many such software in the Internet, maybe u can search for it.

Alternatively, get a new camera/video cam that outputs a media file directly. Then you dont need to do any conversion at all.

missysz,
no lar i'm no expert. Normally for first time, I give rice cereal, once she's used to eating it, I'll give fruit puree, then vegetable puree. Carrot - I actually boil it with little water, then blender it together with the water. If not can just steam, your method with the wok should be fine.

Labbit,
hehe my Emma hates peach. dunno why. she would make sour face then puke.
Awww so sweet hor the sisters. *pinch Rianne's cheek*

Hannahi,
You should assemble the sling first, then put on you, adjust the sling. I made mine really loose. then hold baby upright (bb face should face your shoulder), cover the bb's body (till armpit) with the sling, PUll both ends of sling to tighten, further adjust by pulling the ends of the slings, one each time (left end/right end) to find the right fit.
Hmm I know that one, I have 2 hahaha.. but I feel the one with the sling is better, can adjust. but a lot of helper, esp indonesians are more comfortable. We call it CUKIN/selendang/kain batik in bahasa. Aiya I talk like I'm the expert, actually the super expert one is my helper.

http://izaown.fotopages.com/?entry=215903 how to use the kain batik. I don't really like it cuz it's hard to adjust. and sometimes can loosen unexpectedly. I actually want to convert my batik to a sling, but I can't find the nylon rings.

What sling are you going to sell off? is it MIM?

Videocam
Is it a digital one or the one used with casette? if using casette a little more troublesome, cuz you must install the software etc. You can just bring it to KODAK/FUJI shop, they'll convert to dvd for you.

If yours is a digital one or both, there will be a place to insert the memory card. but must set the camera to record digitally, rather than using tape.
If you are using digital CAMERA (not video camera) it's even easier, cuz everything is stored in memory card. All you need is a memory card reader, plug the USB card reader to your laptop and copy and paste the video file to your computer. double click to play. NOrmally the laptop will use windows media player to play video file.

CS,
Yah.. haha. Suspect all babies are obsessed with remotes and handphones... & I think everything else that ISN'T a toy such as diaper rash cream, diapers, wet wipes, specs, etc...

lbt,
Very nice pic! So cute & loving...

Star,
What's suck suck play play ah? Declan mostly either struggles after 5min or falls asleep after 10min. So I'm ALWAYS worrying if the boy gets enough milk.

Michelle,
I think we as mothers always worry about our children's development. I think unless Ethan is slow (which I'm sure he is not), PD sure say ok ok one
happy.gif

Hannahl,
Take half day? Heehee =p
My parents stay at Serangoon Ave 4, so PM me if you're interested ok?
We pronounce Declan as Deh-Klen, but I know there are quite a few different pronunciations out there.

Michelle,
That's what I heard lah. Boys are better at gross motor skills while girls are better at language. But of course each baby is different, so don't worry too much.
Hmm .. wonder if I should put on long-sleeve top at night for jamie. He sweats a lot in general so at night he wears sleeveless top but his arms a bit cold too.

Star,
Josh already has 6 teeth?? Wow, he's fast, hahaha ... Do you still give him puree or start giving lumpier food?

Youpi,
How did you teach your #1 to stay out of the kitchen & bathroom? At what age did you start teaching him?
The resto are in the Amsara Spa, issit? Nice? Last time I went to the resto in Bishan Park it was awful! I haven't visited the park again for so long .. maybe can try now. Thanks thanks!!

CS,
Dani is so strong can sit by herself! Jamie can sit only if both hands on the floor. Once he lifts them to grab toys then he tumbles.

Cellow,
Thanks for taking my name out of the playyard list.

Xiaoyang,
Is your boy better now? How about mixing the fruits with cereal & milk? Does he like cereal?
Aiyo, weekend coming liao. Hope your hb also recover soon so you can rest.

Remote & handphone,
What is it that makes babies like both so much ah? The buttons? But toys also got buttons mah. Jamie's face also brightens up whenever he sees the remote control or handphone. Once he chewed my hb's phone, covering it with saliva, and the phone cannot be used for 1 day. Lucky not spoiled.

Calling mama,
Jamie blabbers a lot recently but I don't expect any 'mama' coming out from him anytime soon. But I think he starts to recognize us coz sometimes he keeps crying when hubby carry him, then stretch his arms when I go near him. Feel good on one hand but my back is aching now from carrying him almost the whole day.

Auntie behaviour,
Haha .. my hubby is more auntie than me. He knows how much the diapers cost in all supermarkets.

bbp,
Cannot see your video leh. Maybe later I go and see the youtube.
The poop in the bath!!! Been there done that few times when Jamie was younger :-D I know exactly what you mean by wanting to post the pic, hahaha ...

SD,
Wah, so fast you are potty training Emma. But good, can save diaper :-D

Dor dor,
So cute Ember can say her name! Looks like many bb can speak already ya?

PB,
I was also asking hubby the same questions! If BM change according to baby's needs, how if we BF 2 kids of different age? The mystery of mother nature ...
LOL at your replies. Sometimes ppl ask insensitive questions rite? Like we are shaking legs at home.
Oh no .. bleb again???

Hannah,
Dunno if scootababy is good or not if you have back problem. I will assume it's better than bjorn/ergo because it's hip carry. But I don't think I can carry 2 - 3 hours leh. For me, I'm still tired after a while but it's definitely better than bjorn. The legs spread wide, just as if you hip-carry without the carrier. I stay in Bishan so you can also try mine if you find it nearer your place.

JSP,
Welcome back! Shopping n eating non-stop sound REALLY good, hahaha ... Good thing too that Ernest behaved very well.

lbt,
Sit 10 secs is quite long hor.

RHS,
Declan same same, cannot sit without support of hands. So can't even get him to practice cos he can never sit still.
Poop in the bathtub - after that episode, I only dare to bathe him after he has pooped. So if he doesn't poop in the morning, I won't bathe him... only change diaper.. haha.

Pears
Actually when they have turned soft, can we juz smashed up then give to bb, then dun need to steam? Like that more fresh right?

Is it impt to get a blender? Someone was suggesting a brand. What arh? Can buy from where?

lbt.. so sweet, the photo!! It's so good to see them so loving
happy.gif
Both of their cheeks also bah bah hor?

jsp, my gal hates HT cereals, i've let her try the brown rice & barley.. zip mouth leh. Now i dun know if shd open the oats one for her to try. I've already thrown away the BR one. How long can we keep the cereals once opened? But she kind of only like frisocream wheat one. I've tried nestle gold series one, dun really like leh.

CS, no instruction manual/CD when i got my ergo
happy.gif

lbt, tks for your kind advice. But scratch head now, dun know what u r talking abt
happy.gif
Ya, mine is the use tape kind. U mean got videocams not use tape kind??? Mountain tortoise.. What is convert video to tape format? Then how to view outside the camera? Then output media file to where? Ai ya say until i blur. maybe one fine day i must ask my friends for advice liao leh..

SD, wow u r another sling expert.. I thot only dor dor is
happy.gif
Where to buy those cloth har? I always see those maids like so easy to use the cloth and tie bb around them. Always very amazed by it but dun dare to try
happy.gif

SD, mine is the casette one. Oh u mean can bring to photoshop to convert ar, like what we do for photos? Bring the whole casette? No editing? They just convert whole tape into dvd? If i get a digital camera, can also download to dvd so i can keep it 'permanently'?

Mine is the balboa sling. Very unique actually.

Actually if i've serious backaches, is it ok to use a sling? Ya, my poor back is getting worst nowadays.. Can't really carry celeste already..

star, my gal is usually comfort sucking, hence the clamping on my poor breasts now.. I've stopped the latch ons already. SAD.. Only will try offering my breasts sometimes if i'm ready for the clamps
happy.gif

bbp, the kai gong fun will finish at abt 2. Then how to rush there? Difficult lah coz i still need to go back office to get my pump & milk
happy.gif

S'goon ave 4 not near mrt leh. I dun drive
happy.gif
Maybe i'll juz go mums & babes to try if i'm really keen lah. Maybe won't buy after all since can only hip carry.

Declan.. nice name..

RHS.. Jamie wears sleeveless top to sleep?? Quite cold esp in the early hrs right?

Hannahl, I got my hand blender from CK Tangs for $88 - Braun Multiquick Advantage (MR 4050 M HC). Comes with some other equipments as well.
Your Ergo dont come with CD? Would you like me to duplicate you a copy for keeps? I can try when I get back to work to see if it can be duplicated.

I realised Dani now no longer want to sleep on her back anymore. After some time, she'll turn to her side to sleep. Any babies doing this?

I also beginning to suspect that she no longer wants to be hold and rock to sleep. She'll be struggling and screaming and arching very furiously. Only if I lay her down on her side and pat her, she'll then guai guai goes to sleep. Again any babies like this?

Morning!!! Ethan din sleep well last nite, could be due to vaccine? anyway, no fever.. *fingers crossed*.

CS, Ethan has always been a side sleeper, sometimes I wake up at nite just to put him on his side, cos can hear he struggle to find a good comfy side position loh.. hee... wow, dani lay on her own to sleep... that is good!
happy.gif

Last nite I rocked ethan for almost half hour, very tired. Told him mummy very tired, put him down on his cot.. i dozed off.. the next thing i knew, he also slept liao..
happy.gif

CS! piak u ah, i shall not go and see, i shall not go and see.

taking care of bb Cedric again on my own (sort of!) since HB and MIL and all the other pple who normally distract him are off organising grand-MIL's funeral. tis like month 3 all over again! i m proud of myself for remembering how [haha, who needs a helper?] but v tired physically [that's y need helper la!]

ok i m talking nonsense - bye for now!

Michelle, yah, recently Dani's been turning to sleep on her side on her own. She like peng satay, when we check on her, one min she's on her back, next min on her side then on her back then on her side again.

I know what you mean on the rocking part. Sometimes rock til I myself dozed off !

hannah

tks ! ya both have chubby cheeks since young. I was like that when I was young too
happy.gif

eh you dun understand ah ? ahah ya like I mentioned, buy a new one that dun need conversion at all ! jusst plug into the PC and retrieve out the file for viewing.

CS

Rianne behave the same as Dani too. She's also flipping in her sleep so she made lotsa noises. piak piak piak on bed lor ...

and yes, she hates to be cuddle to sleep. want to spread her legs and hands on the bed like a 大字 hehehe

Is it really nec to get a blender?

CS, u mean ergo comes with a cd arh? Ai yo, i bought mine like 4 yrs ago. Dun remember have leh? Is it troublesome to make a copry for me? Pai seh leh
happy.gif

Ya, my gal is sleeping more on her side now. When i placed her on the bed, she'll turn to her side. But i still need to rock her to sleep leh..

CS, i saw the bp on the carrier. But one long cloth kind, dun think i can manaqe. And i find it's more for small bb?

lbt, my hubby says our problem is we need a lot of hard disk space which we dun have wor?

I like the exersaucers but i dun have a car..

CS,
Nope leh. I wish Declan doesn't want to be held and rocked to sleep. Basically he always has to struggle before konking off to sleep. So if I'm holding him, he will do the arching struggling nonsense. If I pat him on the bed, he will roll left and right and if he's on his front, he will wriggle forward using his head as a pivot.

bbp
Aiyoh Declan so funny lei..kekeke.. must be super cute to watch!

hannahl
I can try to duplicate for you when back at work. Let you know again
happy.gif

lbt
Dani too, used to sleep a 'da zi' but now she just want to curl up and sleep on her side. But she not guai guai let you pat de wor, like Declan must fight and struggle with her one. Really headache.

kekeke.. bbp, Declan is the same as Rachel!!!!

CS, the website got the video thingy or not? If not, dun mind give me a copy, let me know how much to pay u?

Back