(2008/07) July 2008

pinkbunny

if i am those who are originally A cup then become B cup i would be very happy. But i feel so heavy in front.

Friday I wanted to buy some cheap and BIG bras .. sian .. either too small or too big for me. Just cant find the right size .. no wonder cost $15 only aahha

but yet I dont want to spend on brands like Triumph cos may not wear when I slim down in future leh .. sian ..

pinkbunny,
need to bring your own mat at shambalah? can let me know the schedule? may consider to join after I finish my package at Mother and Child for some variety.

lbt,
buy the seamless bra from Sorella. V good, almost like sports bra and no underwire. remember to buy at least 2 cups bigger and 1 size longer. I wore it instead of nursing bra, cheap and good (don't need pad cos it will absorb the leak and we just wash it the next day)

jeanyard

is it those cloth type with no underwire and non-padded ones ? i have quite a few which I wear at home also. But i wanted to buy padded, underwired ones when I go out leh ...

Thanks for the encouragement. Will be going for induced labour next week. worry and scared.

We lost 2 babies within 7mths and dun think we will try again so soon. Furthermore need to do some tests first before we make the decision for whether to try again.

I'm totally lost.

morning mummies!

jeanyard
no need to bring own mat but you can if you want. classes are mon and thurs, i think 1130am, and thurs 645pm, and sat 1230pm. classes are 75 mins and i just checked. i paid 267 for 12 lessons (supposed to be 10 lessons but i signed up during a promo)

labbit
very funny. i was 75b and now 36a. hmm.

ok on to taka sale liao! woohoo!

lbt,
thanks for the feedback on the Advent IQ24 Steriliser. wanted to get one at taka but can't find it. maybe will go back to robinson to get or wait till Expo fair.

dor_dor,
thanks for the encouragement... hehehe...

Beverly,
sorry to hear of your loss. pls take good care of yourself!! medical sciences so advance nowadays, i'm sure your doctor can help you. don't be discouraged!!

BEverly

there is nothing impossible in this world. Maybe you want to take a longer rest, and probably take some Chinese med during this resting period to build up your body. You should not give up if you want kids. I believe in MIND OVER BODY.

take care ok ... dont worry ... everything will be going on well under your gynae's care.

Jeanyard

ok maybe i go take a look at Sorella. thanks for the recommendation !!

Pinkbunny

u lost wt ah ? why ur boobs size changes ?

today finally got time to catch-up on my readings in the forum so got some qns to ask. pls bear with me :p and thanks all in advance!!!

Baby movements:
can someone share with me how do the baby movements feel like? i've been having weird sensations in tummy but not sure is it tummy growling, digesting or really baby movment *blur*

胎教:
has anyone started communicating with your baby? feels kinda weird for me... it's like talking to myself hehehe... how about playing music? do we have to turn up the volume so that baby can hear? or put headphones on tummy??

Antenatal Class:
anyone already signed up to attend one? there's one at TMC highly recommended in this forum. If i'm not giving birth at TMC, can i still sign up? i dare not hold small babies coz they look so fragile.. so shameful hor?!

stef

baby movements :
initially when bb moved, i oso tot my stomach was growling.. but now, can even manage to see small bulges like when bb is rolling around in tummy or when he kicks out.. quite fun.. when he's not doing it too often or at weird hours lah..
happy.gif

胎教:
my fren's experience.. during her 1st birth.. she will talk to bb when showering.. so when her 1st dotter born.. likes to play wif water, enjoys bathing.. but she experimented wif her 2nd child.. din talk to bb when showering.. end up, her 2nd dotter seems scared of water.. dunoe whether true or not..

can try reading to bb everynight b4 u sleep oso.. btw, tnk national library has a programme for parents n newborns n kids.. 'born to read, read to bond'.. free prog. just sign up at d counter..
happy.gif

hi i am a Jul08 mum... wonder if u guys heard of horror stories regarding BPA (Bisphenol A) used in polycarbonate plastics in most major baby product names... its tested to be cancer-causing... these plastics are used in breast pumps, milk bottles, sterilisers, etc etc...anyone has any good information what to avoid? some reading materials - http://www.ntu.edu.sg/eee/urop/Congress2003/Proceedings/abstract/NUS_FoS/Chemistry/Sun Cuilian.pdf , http://www.organicconsumers.org/school/bpa041505.cfm

hi mummies

wah! been zipping around town checking out all the sales...hope I'm not tiring my baby out....

juz found out that Bfree is the older one and Bfree plus is the newer range which is easier to wash..

also found the BPA-free pigeon bottle in baby avenue but that one's $24 man! and not colic-free either..so will be getting Bfree plus ones later i think...

stroller wise..those looking for quinny... new 2008 range is out and more pricey
sad.gif
tangs does not carry them..so gotto grab during isetan sale coz dun think places like hyperstore will have sale during GSS?

ya, I intend to go for TCM this time. Think last time too rush liao to get a 2nd baby hoping to heal the wound in my heart but end up it makes the wound bigger and deeper. Just read from a book that miscarriage does more harm to the body than a natural birth and I didn't had any confinement last time. So this time will sure go for a full 30days confinement to build up my body.

BTW, do you all have any good TCM to recommend? I heard there is one at Jurong/Bt Batok but that's too far for me. I stay at North East.

mummies, my super sincere apologies. my bak chew da stamp the last time and i uploaded wrong info on the diapers. this one is correct:

<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Brand</TD><TD>Quantity</TD><TD>Price</TD><TD>Unit price</TD><TD>Buy from </TD></TR><TR><TD>Drypers WeeWee dry S</TD><TD>64</TD><TD>$13.04</TD><TD>$0.20</TD><TD>Giant </TD></TR><TR><TD>GOON newborn</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>$14.80</TD><TD>$0.26</TD><TD>www.diapers.com.sg </TD></TR><TR><TD>GOON S</TD><TD>63</TD><TD>$14.80</TD><TD>$0.23</TD><TD>www.diapers.com.sg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Huggies newborn</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>$9.80</TD><TD>$0.41</TD><TD>www.diapers.com.sg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Huggies newborn</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>$9.55</TD><TD>$0.40</TD><TD>Cold Storage </TD></TR><TR><TD>Huggies newborn</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>$21.25</TD><TD>$0.30</TD><TD>Cold Storage </TD></TR><TR><TD>Huggies S</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>$6.30</TD><TD>$0.26</TD><TD>Giant </TD></TR><TR><TD>Huggies S</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>$13.80</TD><TD>$0.31</TD><TD>NTUC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Huggies S</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>$14.50</TD><TD>$0.33</TD><TD>www.diapers.com.sg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Huggies S</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>$20.95</TD><TD>$0.30</TD><TD>NTUC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Huggies Ultra newborn</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>$9.80</TD><TD>$0.41</TD><TD>www.diapers.com.sg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mamy Poko newborn</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>$4.99</TD><TD>$0.21</TD><TD>Giant </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mamy Poko newborn</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>$12.15</TD><TD>$0.41</TD><TD>Giant </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mamy Poko newborn</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>$12.45</TD><TD>$0.42</TD><TD>Cold Storage </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mamy Poko newborn</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>$18.14</TD><TD>$0.35</TD><TD>NTUC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mamy Poko S</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>$15.99</TD><TD>$0.33</TD><TD>Giant </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mamy Poko S</TD><TD>72</TD><TD>$24.15</TD><TD>$0.34</TD><TD>NTUC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nepia NB</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>$15.00</TD><TD>$0.25</TD><TD>Nepia direct 6226 2650 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pampers baby dry S</TD><TD>46</TD><TD>$18.85</TD><TD>$0.41</TD><TD>Cold Storage </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pampers baby dry S</TD><TD>46</TD><TD>$12.13</TD><TD>$0.26</TD><TD>NTUC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pampers newborn</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>$16.50</TD><TD>$0.46</TD><TD>Baby Kingdom </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pampers newborn</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>$16.97</TD><TD>$0.47</TD><TD>Cold Storage </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pampers newborn</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>$17.95</TD><TD>$0.50</TD><TD>Giant </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pampers newborn</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>$26.89</TD><TD>$0.46</TD><TD>Giant </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pampers newborn</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>$16.20</TD><TD>$0.28</TD><TD>NTUC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pampers S</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>$26.90</TD><TD>$0.46</TD><TD>Giant </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pureen S</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>$2.70</TD><TD>$0.27</TD><TD>Baby Kingdom </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pureen S</TD><TD>66</TD><TD>$11.99</TD><TD>$0.18</TD><TD>Giant </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pureen S</TD><TD>66</TD><TD>$14.20</TD><TD>$0.22</TD><TD>Baby Kingdom </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sealer newborn</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>$9.99</TD><TD>$0.21</TD><TD>Giant</td></tr></table>

stephanie

bb movements should be at the lower portion of your tummy. the upper portion are your intestines, so dont get them wrong ! hehe

just imagine fishes swimming in your tummy ?

give yourself more time and soon you can recognise these moments. Treasure them !! you will miss them once you deliver the bb !!

TAI JIAO:

I used to switch on music for my bb to hear before I sleep. I just turn on the vol slightly higher. But i dont recommend putting the earphones at the tummy .. like too direct. I thought I saw a news of a china woman quite long ago who blasted the music through the earphones and she placed it on her tummy and her poor child was blast to deaf ??!!

rem, the bb is surrounded by water and layers of fats. Just imagine yourself submerged in swimming pool. You will not be hearing the music or talking very clearly outside the pool right ? So i guess, we do what we can to educate our bb lah.
happy.gif

I am not sure abt ante natal class at TMC, cos I did mine in Mt A last time. I know that if you dont intend to deliver in the hospital and yet u want to take up the ante natal class, u pay slightly more. That's all.

Usually if you call to book the seat, the nurse will advise you when to start the class based on ur EDD. I think 6-7th mth is a good time to start. Not too early in case u forget the theories and not to near EDD too.

Beverly

are you referring to TAN LEE KEE at Jurong East ? Her q is crazy. Gotta reach there at 5+ am on weekends to q for a number. Personally I dont like her. She seems to give the same diagnosis whenever I see her. And her med is quite ex. and they are in those ready made forms which some ppl say Chinese med is best to be consume by brewing the herbs.

I know of another one at TONG JI hospital along Chin Swee Road. They provide FOC consultation and med. But you can make your own donation. So a lot of senior citizens go there. THey have a fertility department and I heard of these 2 quite old ladies who managed to make infertile couple get pregnant. One of them is CHEN CHEW MEI and the other CHEN CHEW LAN.

Maybe u want to consider them ... good luck and eat well during confinement.

labbit
no leh i've been putting on weight. and my boobs are rounder than before. dunno why A is more comfortable now than B. but then again i always buy wrong size so maybe this time is no different haha

steph
i signed up for class at mt A liao but they haven't gotten back to me to confirm. thanks for the reminder, i should call them soon.

baby movements... it started out like gas inside stomach. like bruup bruup baby blowing bubbles like that (when you blow into straw into glass of coke). now it's more pronounced, can feel actual kicks.

talking to baby... i don't say 'educational' things lor. like 'baby, you know, 1+1 = 2!'. i'm not that kind. instead i talk to her like a friend. like she's already a child. sometimes i say 'wah, see, this is a real bargain leh! we buy ok?' or 'how come today pork so expensive ah?' but if i'm outside, i just whisper or else people think i'm siao. sometimes just rub my stomach and say 'hello, are you ok? i love you ok?'. at home i write to her in a book and sometimes i ask if my husband wants to write. usually he says no so i will tell her 'baby, papa don't want to write because he doesn't know what to say ok? not because he don't love you. we love you very much ok?'. like that la! but maybe i'm crazy la.

music also i don't play special music for her. she just listens to class 95 with me. she'll be retro girl i think

cheryl
wow you can see your baby's movements liao? cool! i haven't really looked. i just presume cannot see hehe.

taka sale!!!!!
bought pigeon package. rapid steam sterilizer (for 6 bottles) + electric food and bottle warmer + baby starter kit (got all the cleaning things and milk bottle) and more milk bottles. this package total $149. save $85 (original $234). which is damn good because other places, the sterilizer is already $118 and the food warmer is already $60. i also bought 3 storage bottles (can put in freezer one), nappy liners (pigeon $7.60 for 100) and detergent.

grand total that taka took from me: $211. but i feel like very wu hua. dunno if it's alot of things to see or not because it's my first time at baby fair. but got medela and avent there also, so can do some research for those of you who haven't bought anything yet. also got some strollers, fisher price, and clothes.

my most fruitful and time effecient shopping trip. went to taka, looked around the fair, bought stuff and was home, all within ONE HOUR

told my hubby 'i know you're scared that i'm spending alot la...'. then he said 'no, ok what'. PHEW because i was going to finish my sentence with 'it's really a good deal and we save alot of money and i won't buy anything anymore'. but since he said that, i think i can buy more things if i see good bargains
biggrin.gif

confinement cookbooks
my friend just lent me this :the chinese pregnancy &amp; confinement cookbook. it's good cos it has alot of recipes for during pregnancy too. some of the recipes look quite shiok. we are going to try some tonight liao :D

btw if papas also eat, should be ok right? won't BU until get nosebleed or anything right?

hi!

TMC charges a bit more if you are not delivering but want to attend their classes. if you keen, better register now as their classes get filled up quite quickly.

pinkbunny - we must hv missed each other at taka sale
happy.gif
..i went yesterday and bought playpen..then hubby said the green colour not suitable, he wants pink! so we took it back to return today..and we used the store credit and bought the baby bed
happy.gif
..found out that it was supplied by Baby Kingdom so made arrangements for delivery in June.

then kiasu, wanted to buy $350 worth of products to get free toy set so topped up and bought pigeon breast pads as recommended by some mummies here
happy.gif

also checked out the pigeon and avent corners for bottles and sterilisers..both had good deals but now must do some research to see which one is better use :p

Do1nk - taka sale has quinny zapp for sale at $600 plus maxi cosy carseat..seems like a good deal cos normal price is above $800.

haha pinkbunny...the first time I went to taka sale wiv hubby on thurs...we came back empty handed..then I went back wiv my sis (hubby not in town) and came back wiv lots of stuff haha!

Do you think our babies can sense what we are thinking? since they are affected when we are stressed or not... like esp? haha

jialat...I must really be very thick-skinned coz I still dunno how to tell my baby movements
sad.gif

wah this diaper comparison...I see till stars appear...so they are all roughly about the same price?

oh ya..anyone did any studies on thermometers yet? think there's some BP here for the braun one right

cin_bunny...ya the zapp offer's not bad but zapp's not right for babies leh..more for toddlers coz cannot recline and change position..but their frame is great..if only they made the zapp frame wiv the buzz seat...

I'm eyeing the buzz..but super pricey man..sigh..heavy too but we seem to have fallen in love wiv this one...sigh

do1nk
- quinny zapp has to come with the maxi cosy..i think tt's why they sell as a set..my hubby gone stroller crazy..he says he wants to get both quinny zapp and maclaren..and we already hv a 2nd hand aprica in the store room :eek:..hopefully he changes his mind ;)

haha stroller siao!

zapp I feel is only for toddlers, whereas maxi cosi cabriofix can only sit babies from 0-12mths... so in between stroller-less unless u dun mind putting your 1 yr old in teh zapp

I hear aprica is a good and lightweight brand from japan..

I may sacrifice the rocker chair if we get the buzz...

Beverly

gd that u r doing a 30days strict diet etc. remember to eat warm or hot foods and dont ever eat or drink when they r cold. dont bath first lor. boil the herbs then ask husb etc to help wipe yr body. maybe just do once a wk since have to trouble another person.dont wash hair 1st becoz hot or cold water will later get into pores. take this chance to fine tune yr body.

later on maybe when pregnant see want to eat an tai yao anot. i have a friend she took chinese herbs by seeing tcm doc i think throughout her pregnancy because her body quite weak. also give birth to a healthy girl.

remember dont cry during the rest and eat normally or even eat better these few days. think it as giving bb different type of foods to taste.

if u have religion then pray for bb n yrself.

hi mummies

steph my class is $181.90 for 6 sessions. i took the weekend slot so a bit more pricey. but i'm delivering at Mt A. those who are not, it is $192.60 for weekday slots and $214 for weekends. price is only for mummy but if papa wants to follow, it's free

do1nk
haha ya that's why i think baby shopping must go with gal pals. esp those who have kids. husbands very blur one. bring them along for baby shopping dim dei only. cos we are the ones doing all the research mah. then they go also blur blur, then not interested, make us stressed only. hor?

but yes when you are relaxed, your baby is also relaxed. that's why go for massages and facials! :D

re your baby movements it's got nothing to do with thick skin la babe. you feel it INSIDE you la!

re diaper comparison, i see unit price. because we're going to be buying ALOT (remmeber a baby uses 2400 diapers by its first birthday) so every bit counts!

baby pillow
btw i also bought a bean pillow. the brand is cheeky bon bon (where do these names come from??!). it's about 30cm long. of course i buy pink colour. can put next to/on babies/let them hug so give them a feeling of security. the instructions say try to put around mummy first so that will get mummy's smell. then when put with baby, she will feel reassured. if put on her then it will feel like got mummy's arm protecting her. so cute
happy.gif
so my already crowded bed got another addition liao hehe

cin bunny
haha your hubby is part of pink parade also!!!

mummies
warm shower + body scrub VERY SHIOK!!!! mine is cheapo kind from watsons (about $8 for one tub of scrub) but i think it feels the same as the body shop ones (almost $30 a tub!)

Wow, seems like a lot of mummies had gone for the taka fair. When does the taka fair ends? I want to go too.....

Stroller: I think I willn't buy now, maybe wait till give birth.

Baby movements: Sometime can feel, sometime cannot feel. At times, even HB can feel cos baby kick very hard but not painful, like a thud thud feeling. The rest of the time is like something is rolling inside you
happy.gif

I'm a bit xian, tml have to work and I have a meeting first thing in the morning.

wow.. some of you ladies had a fruitful day!!

lbt, pinkbunny.... i think i'm feeling the baby's movement already since you said it's near the lower portion of the tummy... omg.. and i was thinking how come got air in tummy there .. hehehe!!

and no no to earphones on tummy right!? i tried it this afternoon but luckily didn't on volume too loud :p

and pinkbunny, so grateful for the info for the antenatal class. think i better call up and book already!

Jang,
hope you're feeling better and resting enough! take care!!

rain
copied from another post:
Takashimaya
http://www.takashimaya-sin.com/events.html
Talking Hall B1
Toys &amp; Children Fair
Date: 7th ~ 19th March

Takashimaya Square B2
Baby Fair
Date: 6th ~ 23rd March

get the best deals on all the baby necessities from diapers to strollers to baby clothing and toys for all mums and mums-to-be. What’s more with every *$50 same-day purchase (maximum of 5 combined receipts), made at Babies’ Section, Children’s Department, Level 3 and/or Takashimaya, B2 and stand a chance to be one of the lucky winners in our Baby Fair lucky draw and walk away with the following prize:
1st Prize: S$3,000 worth of Baby products
2nd Prize: S$2,000 worth of Baby products
3rd Prize: S$1,000 worth of Baby products

*Terms &amp; Condition apply.

rapid steam sterilizer... i think it's electric. as in must plug into the wall, not use batteries. btw thought some of you might find this useful (think i didn't say just now): pigeon sterilizer can fit any brand bottles. avent sterilizer can only fit avent bottles.

and plus point for me that really made me choose pigeon: pigeon's bottle and food warmer can control tp precise temperature. avent one only can put to temp 1, temp 2 etc.

labbit
at Mt A when you asked for bottles, how many did they give? and is that enough, or must supplement with the milk bags? and where to buy the bags from? i thought be a bit kiasu, bought 3 storage bottles (can put in freezer one) from pigeon too.

steph
got to book quickly hor cos i hear weekend classes fill up fast
happy.gif

jeanyard
was it you who was asking about yoga class? forgot to tell you that at shambalah, they use alot of 'props'. like ropes on the wall and all. i think it's very good. not sure if other centres do too la but i was really expecting like normal yoga class except that it's filled with preggies

rain
2 separate items. can buy separately also. at taka fair, it is 88+ for steriliser and 48+ for food warmer. when i checked outside, it's 118 for steriliser and 60 for food warmer
happy.gif
it made more sense to buy the whole package. got free bottles and cleaning kit some more (i'm always a sucker for freebies)

pinkbunny

I only got a handful from the hospital, cos i have lotsa things to bring home after discharge. The rest i got it from my friends. They gave me ALOT ! i told you i have more than 30 bottles right ?

Whether the bottles are enough depends on your milk supply and bb's intake. My supply was quite good and my ger was a small eater hence I stock up the breast milk in my freezer for rainy days.

Some friends I know only need less than 10 bottles.

stephanie
ya getting better and not so hot tempered. initially i get very hot when my husb n mum keep on nagging at me for diff things for whole day. then i blew my top. hehhee.

tomorrow massage lady coming to my house. if good then introduce to u gys hahhaha. she is quite popular too n she told me she is fully booked till may. wow wow. v hard to get her on phone. nearly freak me out that she might go on 747

Beverly
wat is yr email. i wan to email u but i cannot msg u. either u gimme yr email or enable yr pm ok? btw do u have any religion faith?

pinkbunny
hahahha....Dun say u crazy lah....keke
I think we are alike. I also talk to my son about everything. Simply jus talk lor like explain to him everything n all the things we see on the road. Urrrr maybe that's why he's so talkative now but is better then too quiet right.....hehe

Confinement food is VERY heaty leh. That's why I will be getting my MIL to cook seperate for my hubby n son during my confinement. Cos dunno if their body can take it anot. Anyway I heard an old wives tale on not giving our confinement food to kids as they will be very stubborn so I'm playing safe too lah....heehe

do1nk
I'm using the cadl thermometer cos it can take forehead temp so easier for me. Got it from a booth during 1 of the bb fairs more free gift. If I am not wrong can find it at guardian pharmacy too.

cinbunny
Ask ur hubby to get them 1 by 1 lah when bb reach that stage. Cos we bought a Combi that can recline n with reversible handle. But endup bb didn't like sleeping in the stroller so we sling or put him in carrier all the way until he was nearly 1 yr old.
Then we sold the combi away n bought a Maclaren which he loves now. So not gonna get another 1 for bb cos I know confirm we will be slinging or putting bb in carrier again.......hehe

Hi Jang,

I am a Catholic. My email is [email protected]

Have briefly explained my situation in another thread and seeking advice there. You may drop me a note there if you want to as I think I will seldom come back to this thread as it made me think of my precious baby.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/22127.html?1205079917

To all the other mummies,
Thanks for your encouragement. I will try to stay positive and strong. Please take good care of yourself and your baby too.

Best regards.

lbt
Think we understand each other's pain.......hahaha
U want bigger cup size can get from Marks n Spencer but their price also much higher lor. Was still wondering if I wanna get new nursing bras or jus wear back the old ones now think def must buy liao only 5mth n already fit my hursing bra liao. Dunno how sore when the milk comes in hor still remember when in hospital my boobs feel like stones big n hard.....hahaha

Pinkbunny
U like big bobbies aah but must remember got something called gravity. N with Bf hor it will grow hard when its full of milk n soft again after feeding bb. Think the stretching also will make the skin stretch gotta be very hardworking if u want ur boobs to stay the same before preg.
N I'm not 1 of those hardworking 1 lor so u know why I dun like bigger boobs lah......haha

morning mummies...

back in the office *groan* everyone had fruitful shopping sprees?

STERILISERS VS BOILING IN A POT: looks like most of us are getting sterilisers..but do you think boiling the bottles in a pot is equally good?

think we can sterilise/boil then leave it inside til we wanna use the bottle right?

THERMOMETER: saw some BP here on the Braun Thermometer and thought I could save some $50 by participating, but seems like the buyers were not too happy with that girl..so will probalby juz get on my own... for those who are keen, here are two I saw at Tangs:

IRT4520 $131.50
IRT4020 $121.50

morning mummies! da jia zao!

gravity boobies
maybe should sleep upside down? hahahah

the return of MS?
this morning got up a bit earlier than usual so made chicken chipolata and eggs breakfast for hubby and myself. so ang moh hehe. then i think i got motion sickness on the way to work on the train and bus cos i felt very nauseus

labbit
thanks, will ask my friends too. but alot of them still breastfeeding la so i think they'll need too. hmm. no harm asking around la i guess
happy.gif

do1nk

actually i was thinking of boiling in pot. but then that would mean having to get a new pot (cos i don't want to let the bottles be boiled in a pot that has seen oil and pork ribs hor?), and one of the mummies was saying how scary it could be if we leave it for too long then the plastic melt or what. and what if i forget, then i let it burn and burn (some more i'm quite absent minded hehe)

well the steriliser seems to be good la. it takes a few minutes only then if we don't open the cover, it can be left for 6 hours i think. and i want the food warmer mah so might as well la!
happy.gif

kicking
how, mummies, got more kicks over the weekend?
happy.gif

wow the thread is moving so fast!

re taka sale
i heard not that great. dunno whether to go or not.

re bb wipes
is carlson good? i also used angel last time and now cannot find so trying to decide what to switch to. any mummies in the east keen to share?

pinkbunny
persoally i dun like kodomo wet wipes. reason is that it is very small piece and thin and dries up very fast. maybe u can ask ard for reviews on the different wet wipes before u stock up.

brands i tried so far
johnson - first few months, good and thick
kodomo - find it too thin and small piece (so though it is cheap, u use more)
angel - value for money
tollyjoy - quite thick and smell nice

beverly
hope that u will be strong and build up your health first. take care.

do1nk
the braun thermometer is good. i used to use another one but it was not very good and in the end got the braun one. can look out for offers. thikn i bought at unity. not too bad when it was on offer.

SY
i think for first time mummies like me it was an eye opener la
happy.gif
but i heard from my friend who bought the same pigeon set as me last year, that she paid $10 less than me. inflation!

wipes... i'll just buy a few brands then

storage bottles
i asked and some friends already threw their bottles away liao
sad.gif
anyone knows where to buy the storage bags? last resort

dor dor

ya ya we having same prob. And my boobs sag after BF
sad.gif

dont think I will get my nice boobs back ahaha nvm lah .. hubby never complain leh ! ha !

pinkybunny

yeah it was me .. told u one of my frens maid boil the bottles until it melted.

yes a new pot is required for sterilising bb's items hor.

pinkbunny

u can get the storage bags almost anywhere. try kiddy palace lor. Some bags like Gerber or Lanolin(cant rem the spelling) is better as it comes with a zip function (u know like those zip log bags). The rest it doesn't so some mummies bought the Ikea clips to secure it. Some even use rubber bands ! ha !

personally I have no used before since I have lotsa bottles.

Back