(2008/07) July 2008

lbt
They couldnt confirm during detailed scanning. It was during monthly scanning and also based on bone structure. Doctor's conclusion: sometimes genitals took longer to develop, in this case to go inside the body.

Maids
I believe when you treat the maid correctly, n give them a decent place to sleep, they shouldnt hv complain. I have extra room but i leave it as study/play room. My maid sleeps on mattress w my daughters (their own beds) in 1 rm while i sleep w my son in master. Reasons: too much privacy will make it difficult to monitor maid and at least there is always someone looking after my daughters. For my maids barang-barang, i let her share 1 cupboard w my daughters' clothing + 2 personal drawers (but no lock).

Sheila

wow that's something I have never heard of. Cos I tot by week 20, most of the organs including genitals are complete.

well, i guess these are exceptional cases lah !

I know some parents allows the maid to be close to their children and this makes life much easier for everyone. As for me, I will getting a maid for the very 1st time and will tends to be protective of my child against the maid. They are after all stranger my family. Hope I can have a good one ...

lbt
Its true that one shouldnt let child to be too attached to maid. For me, i will make it a point to tend to my kids' needs over the weekend, from bathing to dressing to feeding w/o help of maid. This is for bonding n free maid to do housework, which i seriously told them not to concentrate during weekdays as their priority is to tend to kids the moment the kids wake up. Also, i will bring the kids out w/o maid, to strengthen family ties.

Sheila

yes U r very right lor. I think as mothers we should still tend to the kids. I know some mum are quite relaxed in this area but this is entirely up to individuals.

ya i also feel bringing the kids out w/o maid is a good idea. But then leaving the maid alone at home dangerous or not ? what if she bring ppl back ? and I dont think we shld not leave a set of keys in the hse in case of emergency.

lbt
My current is my 7th maid. None of my kids r too attached to any of them, thus, problem-free (kids cannot accept or being fussy w/new maid) whenever i need to change due to expiry of contract. So i can say that my technique does work for me. Hope you get good one that loves ur child s her own siblings...

Sheila

Ya I shld be adopting the same approach too cos i am not having a maid for long term. I only need to have a helper when my kids are still young. I dont want them to grow up with a helper in their life and may makes them lazy. I know it may not be true for some but I just dont want it to happen. I know some kids are very reliant on them and dont do any hse work at all.

in my house, there r only 3 sets of keys - 1 mine, 1 hb n the other always at the door. When u leave ur house, do make sure she is pretty occupied with chores. For my case, ironing school uniforms 3sets for each kid (3) + weekly moping whole house + clean the 2 toilets can already takes up the whole day. Also, keep calling every few hours to keep tract of her but with lame reasons like hv she eaten or anybody tried to reach u, etc

Sheila

wah good tips u have !!

ya hor .. never tot of occupying her if I want to go out.

eheh gotta learn from u when I got the maid.... haven start searching for one ..

lbt
Its very important to teach our children 2b independant n not depend on maid for everything. I will make it a point that my kids clear their plates (putting at sink) after each meal since they are still too young to clean the plate. But for my elder one, i insist that she washed her own. Likewise, for toys or books. They hv to clear up their own mess n not expecting the maid to clear for them. Do tell ur kids n maid that a maid is to assist u looking after them n not a servant. They definitely can get maid to help along, when they r young.

lbt
i dont know abt u, but for me i will cook for my family even i hv a maid. Little sacrifice like waking up earlier to cook every day, but it will hv impact on hb n kids. Also, u can b sure that ur family hv balanced diet.

Sheila

ya ur tips are very relevant to me and I totally agree with them. Like I say all these depends on the parents.

I also dont want my kids to grow up like 千斤小姐。

u know I have started training my 18tmh old gal to do simple chores already and she is enjoying it now, cos she is quite kay poh ! ahha

Lbt

That's great! During maternity leave, get her involved in looking after the bb s kids will tend 2b curious. In this way, u can kill 2 birds with 1 stone - to let ur child understand needs of baby n bonding and also she can be ur spy when u go out (or work) n leave bb n her with maid.

Sheila

hehe that's what I intend to do also. i hope my ger will be a good jie jie. She has 2 younger cousins and she doted on them ! hey why arent u sleeping ? i am still studying.

Lbt

Wasnt that sleepy just now since i had a nap in afternoon (off day today to attend my daughter's investiture).
Gosh... my #3 wakes up n need me to sleep besides him. So, ok, i'm knocking off now.... happy studying but not too late, ok?! Enjoy ur weekend...

can we do a detailed scan from wk 18 onwards? My gynae said from week 22 onwards.. and my package starts from wk 20...yet I have a visit on wk 19 which seem quite redundant now...wonder if I should postpone it to wk 20 and get her to do the detailed scan for me..otherwise gotto wait til end mar (wk 23/24) before I can do it..arrgh

good morn ladies... been a busy time for me... last wkend celebrate my son 1st bd.... n last thur, son was down with viral fever... only today seem ok but monitorin....

any1 of u talkin to the bb inside liao? i feel my second one i never really talk as too bz with 1st one liao... i hope i can be fair to both of them...

hi garfield...sounds like a few of you (who are 2nd time mummies) feel this way, but I think should be ok lah..since u r more tied up with no 1 and things to do...I guess when no 2 comes out, the situation may change.. where u will feel worried about neglecting no 1 when all attention are on no 2... haha

dun worry..I'm sure u all are doing fine...

have a good weekend everyone!

lbt
hehe I tot I am the only hen xing mummy who teaches my 16 mth son to do chores.....hahaha
I ask him to clear my dog's food dish(put in sink) after he has finised cos he keep hovering around to disturb my dog. N he throws his own diapers. I think its good to teach them to help around the hse now as they r still young n treat chores as fun. So when they r older they auto used to doing them dun think of them as chores liao. Then when bb is born pray n hope they will be able to help us out alittle....hehe

Re maid at home with key
Heard this from a friend n find it very good. When she needs to leave her maid alone at home n still dun really trust her, put the keys in a sealed envelop n entrust it to her tell her only for emergency then can open the door so u know if she use the key anot.

do1nk
Or u delay change the appt to wk 20 then do detail scan n appt together. My gynea package starts from wk 12 n I still stupidly lugi 1 visit cos still deciding if worth package cos #1 came out early totally missed the 2 week visits. But now cos of the NT scan n DS got afew 3 week visit shorter so more worth it......hahaha
Ur right we feel very mao dun cos I did think of totally devoting time to #1 when #2 sleeping or not disturbing anyone but then feel guilty also cos even when #1 was bb n sleeping most of the time we are still with him n still showering him with love ma then means #2 will be VERY short changed. A little worried might endup #2 not so close to us instead.

garfield
Know how u feel I also feel guilty of not talking much to #2 the thing I always say is 'BB u kicking me aah'.....hahahaha
N sometimes when I talk to #2 #1 will suddenly look at me like weird weird so endup talking to #1 again.
But then again think abit early now also cos we only talked to #1 when he started kicking which was nearing wk 20 so we still early lah!!

thanks 3Ds.

garfield,
me too, busy with #1 so hasn't been talking/singing to my #2
but i do sing and talk to my #1 before he sleeps. so i think in this way my #2 can hear too.. so 1 stone kills 2 birds..
happy.gif

FYI those mummies who had early birth for #1. My gynea told me calcium intake has been linked to early birth so she has ordered me to consistantly take my calcium pills cos my #1 was born at 36weeks. She hoping #2 will not be out early.

dor dor

u r right lor. shld not think that they are chores instead relieving mum of her hse chores ! hehe my gal put her dirty clothes in the pail to be wash and carry her own towel to the bathroom during bath time. I ask her to get me something within her distance also like tissue paper etc eheh
they are indeed very useful !

aiyah me also feel guilty on #2 but i also tot I am educating her since I sing and read to my #1 very frequently.

dor dor

my first was out on 37 weeks 6 days , consider early too. I also ask the same qn to my gynae whether #2 will be early. He tell me it is link to physical activities. So he ask me try to restrict my activities to avoid early birth.

oh calcium also ah ? ok ok anyway I take my supplements consistently one ...

oh the tip on leaving the key with maid is good too !!

hi all mummies,
as per advise by some of u to call mom, i call up yesterday the officer mention that the company does not need to pay me coz as there no rules in mom stating they have to pay me. e officer mention that unless i'm in my last 3mth n company terminate me than the company have to pay me 3mth. i think pregnant woman have no secure in mom rules

sereneyap

this is a loophole in MOM rules. I think someone mentioned it in the ST forum too. Which company would be stupid to terminate u in the last 3 mths to incur the payment ?
angry.gif

But how abt termination with no valid reason ? any compensation ?

wow so lax rule on 3mths maternity. off coz kick employees b4 3mths to save on 2mths salary

govt shld subsidize more esp small firms where $ is tight n they ve to employee 1 more during the 2mths

i think detailed scan is for micro issues of bb. some dont even need detailed scans to know if bb is healthy etc. the v basic criteria of bb.........

detailed maybe to see cardio etc of bb too. *shrug*

i drinking logan water too. yum yum

is it no gd to scan uterus too often? *oops

the envelope sounds nice but the seal part shld come with signature. hehe cooz can buy easily

Re: Bloom photography
-------------------------------------------------
LATEST LATEST UPDATE:

***** We have reached 15 mtbs, any mummies interested in the BP but has not contacted me yet may do so before this coming Wed 27th Feb before 5pm. After which this BP will close. *****

-------------------------------------------------
Will need minimum 10 MTBs for this BP to take off. They are offering us for the same price at $160 for 1 super 8R photo, 5 5R photos and extra 3 more 5R for this BP. For photos that are selected, the soft copies will be given back to us. For mummies that are interested in keeping all the photos taken during the photoshoot, you may also purchase a CD with all the shots taken on that day for $250 if you are a forum member which we all are here...

If there are more than 15 MTBS who sign up for the bloom BP, the CD containing all the shots can be bought at $200 instead of $250. If we only have 10 mtbs, the previous offer still stands

You may refer to this link for their pricing details http://www.thestudioloft.com.sg/rates/TSLoftRatesY9T04N7.pdf

To look at their work you may go to:
http://www.thestudioloft.com.sg/
or
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/594409.html?1164635256

** Do check out their biz thread (link provided below) in the forum, They have just posted some new Bloom photos **
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/586645.html?1203572993

** All mtbs who participate in this BP will get 20% discount off the basic package as a returning customer if they bring their newborns to studio loft for Little big shot photoshoot in future. Check out their photos for newborns and infants**
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/450761/586645.html?1203575836

Mummies participating
-------------------------------
1. Amy (Apr mtb)
2. Yo (Apr mtb)
3. Gervynne (Apr mtb)
4. Wish Come True (May mtb)
5. Piyo (Jun mtb)
6. Veniz (Jun mtb)
7. Mogudog (Jun mtb)
8. Chewy (Apr mtb)
9. Jer (?? mtb)
10. Juin (May mtb)
11. Serene123(Apr mtb)
12. Jellyfield (Apr mtb)
13. Pinkbunny (Jul mtb)
14. Prawnie (Apr mtb)
15. Jia Jia (May mtb)

***Anyone else?? Please contact me before 27th Feb at [email protected]***

lbt
haha me also short cut when I sing to #1 I jus put my hand on tummy sort of kill 2 birds with 1 stone.....wahahaha
Ur girl so good still can help u take tissue. Mine think will jus empty the tissue box rather then help me......haha

My son was out at exactly 36 wks I admit hospital at 35wk 7day. I also ask gynea if #2 will be early too she say probably. But didn't tell me linked to physical activities leh. Cos I was actually shopping with my sis n met up my friend in the evening before my water broke when I reach home. Heng aah imagine my water break in the bus......so malu.....hahaha

I sometimes skip my pills cos I hate taking them cos of the after taste so kanna 'scolding' n hubby also now insist I take lor.......hehe

dor dor

eh i think me and u same case. I took half day leave on a Fri and went shopping with my mum. Upon returning home and bathed, my water bag broke ! it was so timely. So we just packed out stuff and admit to hospital.

so I guess because I was walking too much and also I had frequent braxton hicks contractions starting from Week 30 and need to be on medication sabutamol to suppress it.

lbt
hehe....heng hor only broke at home.
But I didn't have braxton hicks at all lor water broke also no feeling. N I was out the whole day cos hubby was on reservist that week n I supposed to wash bb clothes n pack my hospital bag. But tot will push everything to next day who knows.....hahahha
Think this time round we will pack hospital bag at week 30 liao....super KS.....wahahahaha

Ur braxton hicks so strong aah have to be on medication. Actually if I have BH this time round I won't know how it feels like cos never had it.......hahahaha

Hi ladies,

Would like to check when is the baby fair and robinson's sale? Remember some of you mentioned before but I didn't jot down and now cannot find liao. pai seh.

Hi Serene,

Sad to say that current law only protect pregnant women within last 3mths of their confinement.
However, your case sounds like an unfair dismissal lor.

You may refer to the links below for cases of unfair dismissal of pregnant women and MOM's advice.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal/en/press_room/press_replies/2006/20060630-Lawforbidsdismissalongroundofpregnancy.print.html?Status=1
http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal/en/press_room/press_replies/2006/ministry_recourse.html

hi mummies
i come back already. actually 5 hours bus ride is not that bad. just that no toilet so quite scary but thank goodness no mishaps! oh and saw diapers on sale so i bought hehe.

over the weekend can feel my baby kick quite alot! and she let my husband feel also
happy.gif

just finished reading 'girlfriends guide to pregnancy' by vicky iovine. very good. alot of things that other pregnancy books don't tell you. it's like good advice from all your gal pals combined.

so anyway, one thing i remembered to share with you all:
first few days of baby's life, dress him/her in 2 piece clothing that can be opened from the front. 1 piece suits may hinder the umbillical cord. and try not to get the t-shirt kind. try to get button kind. esp first time mummies. cos they are so small and fragile and we are so blur... we will scare ourselves more if we got to pull the little pieces of clothing over their heads.

mummies, good morning.

finally gone thru the detail scan.
i think i took more than 30mins to finish.
baby so shy,the hands was covering the face the whole time.
and the female doctor is not gentle at all.
i told my BF that i might get bruise on my tummy loh. she press so hard.

after the scan, the appt with Dr han at TPS was suppose to be at 11am.
he was so late
i waited for more than an hour before he is back. then see him for not more than 15mins, $80 bucks gone. only get to hear the baby heartbeat.

anyway as per my predictation, i am expecting a minnie.

early birth,
i have actually stop taking all my supplement pills, they caused the itchness.
am i on higher risk to early birth?

pinkbunny,
my baby is also kicking very actively.
my BF also felt it when he outs his hands on my tummy. it was really amazing loh.
i was so emo that i almost teared, it was such a wonderful experience. daddy felt the first kick.

shelia
i m sending my current maid home soon. no mood to work liao. think she scared of having to take care of #2. she said she's going back to get married. sometimes cannot stand her and being pregnant doesn't put me in a good mood. hopefully can get a replacement soon so i can send her back.

qing
congrats on your minnie. sometimes Dr Han got emergency op and will be held up. i ever waited 2 hours before. the last time when i waited for abt an hour and half, i called KK to complain and the next few visits were really pretty on the dot.

re chores
hee, i also make my boy help me with stuff. now that he is in terrible twos, sometimes can be really difficult to reason with. yesterday he threw his toys all over the place and din wan to pick up. so i put him on his naughty chair, then he said he will pick up and after some 'punishment' i let him come down to pick up. but he still walk ard and din pick up. quickly put him back on the chair and then he 'realised' his mistake and told me he will go and pick up now. allowed him to come down and he quickly went to pick up everything. his naughty chair is probably the only way to get things thru him nowadays.

Morning Mummies!

Sales
Beverly, I believe the Robinsons' Sales is just over, 22-24 February 2008. As for Takashimaya Baby Atrium Fair, it will be from 6-23 March 2008.

Qing
Congratulations and welcome to the Minnie Club!

Doctor's Appt
Sometimes, the doctors do got call up for emergency. During my last appt., i had to wait about 1.5hrs since there was a "trauma code" incident and quite a no. of doctors were involved. They mentioned it over the PA system. Other than that, the previous appts were quite on the dot.

SY
It is very normal for maid to "chicken-out" upon knowing that her employer is expecting another one. This is because she is so used to easy life of handling 1 and could not accept the thought of busy life handling 2. However, it is good that she's showing signs now so that you have ample time to look for another rather than doing some nonsense later, in the hope that you will send her back.

qing
i think you should tell your gynae about the itch and maybe he can give you another form of supp pills. you have to take to get your nutrients for the baby!

SY
what is naughty chair? sounds like something from 'super nanny'

cable
mummies, some of you were talking about a parenting channel. what 'category' is that under? is it starhub? cos we are considering getting cable but would like to make sure we have that channel too.

infant care
for those of us who are considering infant care : GOOD NEWS!!! just heard that we get a $400 grant per month if mummy continues working. govt's effort to bring us all back into workforce.

<font color="0000ff">hi ladies

I am from Apr08 thread. I had bought extra pack of cloth diaper set (10s) - Annuka brand. It's quite soft.

Original Selling Price : $19.90
Selling at $15.00 now.

If you are thinking of using cloth diapers and had yet to buy any, please consider my offer.

Please email to me at [email protected].

Thanks.</font>

hi pinkbunny! welcome back. re robinsons sale, i went yesterday and it was not much of a sale..did not buy anything
happy.gif

can someone pls tell me how to claim the $400 grant?

SY
Your naughty chair sounds so cute to me. It must be a highchair with strap that he couldn't get down from it by himself?
happy.gif
think I must adopt same method too to discipline my naughty son too.

Qing
Amazing and very touching hor when you feel the movement of baby in your tummy. There will be more to come, especially in later part where you can see her hands/legs stretching out under your skin.

My baby also very active in my tummy. Sometimes when I sing to my boy, my #2 seems to hear and enjoy too, and start to move.
happy.gif

Oh ya, congrats on your Minnie. I'm going for my scan tomorrow, hopefully scan result is ok and can tell whether is Mickey or Minnie.

sonic
your baby reacts when you sing? i wonder if it is my imagination but when i show her (through my stomach) the clothes i bought for her, can feel some movement haha.

cin bunny
the infant care grant is it? i'm not sure but i think it's only for infant care centres. i.e. cannot go to babysitter and ask for it hehe. but seriously, the centres should be able to advise you.

shopping
heng i didn't miss much at robinsons! wow in KL i bought so many clothes for my baby. i only bought one pair of shoes for me. and a t-shirt for yoga. my husband also said very surprising for me cos i am known to be shopping queen. i bought so many rompers, 2 piece outfits, booties and 'hand gloves', diapers and 1 pack of cloth nappies. RM21... less than SGD$10 for 10 nappies! lucky i insisted we bring small suitcases instead of only hand carry. in the end both were full to the brim!!!

pinkbunny,
Guess you weren't so sad abt missing the robinson. Still can try for Taka, discount is always the same.

cin bunny,
only for selected infant care, they will give you a special price when you enrolled your child with them. Not direct taken from govt.

dor dor,
My belly button is different from before, it has become smaller. And I'm told it can comes out.

Baby movements,
think my baby not so active. seldom feel movements. hope everything is fine.

New Mama Bottom Spray

Hi Ladies,

I'm from the Feb 2008 MTBs thread.

I bought this New Mama Bottom Spray before my delivery, as it was highly reccommended by some mummies that it eases the episiotomy wound and helps to heal faster. However, I totally forgotten about it after I got discharged and didn't use it at all.

I bought it at $43.45, and selling it at $38 now. Anyone interested please email me at [email protected]

http://www.starhealth.com.sg/ProductCatalogue.asp?Code=ER0024&amp;Rnum=25124026

Back